Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a good Spikes Diggersby set, or some other Spikes setter that's good offensively?
I wouldn't consider spikes diggersby viable for the current metagame, however outside of speedcreep chessnaught and rozerade there aren't that many good options for a offensive spiker.

Yep but Scolipede suffers from the same should I set spikes or do something useful this turn syndrome as most of the offensive spiker in OU.

Yep but Scolipede suffers from the same should I set spikes or do something useful this turn syndrome as most of the offensive spiker in OU.
Scolipede's high speed and decent power from High BP moves give him decent offensive presence, and I wouldn't say setting Spikes isn't a non-useful option for it. Heck Scolipede has a means to threaten most relevant hazard removers with the right option (Megahorn nails the Latis and Starmie, EQ deals with Excadrill), so those Spikes aren't even at immediate risk of removal.

Is there a good Spikes Diggersby set, or some other Spikes setter that's good offensively?
Roserade was ranked C- in the Viability thread so I assume it's a decent Spiker at least. Not sure of the movesets and EVs though (although I would guess Leaf Storm, Sleep Powder, Spikes, Sludge Bomb, HP Fire - obviously not all at once)

Ok here's a couple of simple questions.

Why did pika pal change his duskull avatar? Am I the only who saddened by this recent change of events? Pika Pal how could you?
Hi, welcome to Smogon! Sorry, but questions like this don't belong in the Competitive OU Sub-Forum and would much better be asked on the respective user's page. I recommend you lurk more to understand the quality of posts expected in the forum.

So, for said offensive Spiker set, should I run Spikes/Megahorn/Poison Jab/EQ? What about items? The only Spikes set in the dex is an anti-lead, which isn't really what I'm looking for.

So, for said offensive Spiker set, should I run Spikes/Megahorn/Poison Jab/EQ? What about items? The only Spikes set in the dex is an anti-lead, which isn't really what I'm looking for.
That would work, but I'll use him in tandem with altaria and magnezone to eliminate some phazers and skarmory. Just my 2 cents.

Ok here's a couple of simple questions.

Why did pika pal change his duskull avatar? Am I the only who saddened by this recent change of events? Pika Pal how could you?
Well, the Duskull was nostalgic, but I liked Fire Emblem and Gengar.

This just looked so silly. Can I keep it?

I'd say a Life Orb to maintain some offensive pressure, since Scolipede's power is good but not quite great. Black Sludge is an option for longevity to lay more spikes, but without Sub or Protect, Scolipede's sub-par defenses kind of make that less worthwhile.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Protect

I really like this set and use it on almost all my offensive teams these days. Have a partner with some kind of priority for stuff setting up on it and obviously spinblocker and / or Defiant user.

You said you were looking for something more offensive though. As an offensive Spiker Scolipede should probably use:

Scolipede @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake / Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab / Baton Pass / Toxic Spikes

Another klefki question I'm afraid.

If a klefki is rest talking, when it selects an attacking move does it get +1 priority or how does that work?

What makes Heal Block Klefki so good in this meta? What are the differences between the sets and usage of Magnet Rise and Heal Block Klefki?
Heal block allows Klefki to prevent mons from using it to recover while exploiting its passiveness, such as Roost Zapdos or Hippowdon (assuming Thunder Wave). Klefki's Spikes and numerous status options let him wear the opponent down, but defensive threats with any kind of recovery can exploit him to get health back, even with something like Leech Seed.

Someone who's used it can probably go more in-depth.

aight can someone tell me why everyone and their mum are running Fake Out on MSableye ? I mean, what's the purpose of it ? Why does it exist ? and why are people high on the ladder using it ?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
what's the purpose of it ?
Free mega evolution against things like Clefable so you are not forced out by them immediately without mega evolving (which means you don't have your Magic Bounce yet) Fake Out is chosen over Protect because it doesn't give the opponent a free turn to use a setup or healing move which is nice if you stall them with status.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So would HB Klefki be considered for a team slot as an antistall pokemon? And would MR Klefki be more hazard focused?
Heal Block Klefki and Magnet Rise are all team dependent. Heal Block slows down defensive cores relying on recovery or stuff like Rotom-W who normally would get a free switch in or Pain Split off of Klefki. Magnet Rise is to set up Spikes on grounds such as Garchomps without Fire Blast, Hippowdon, or choice scarf Lando-T locked into an Earthquake.

I've seen a few people use Garchomp with Rough Skin and Endure. How is that achieved, was there an event?
My understanding is that Endure is a Gen4 TM and an Emerald Tutor move but Rough Skin is a Gen5 onwards ability. Also not an egg move for Gible. So shouldn't they be incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)