Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, a little question about Nidoking and his now 102 base attack stat. I did some calculations and on a 0def/0sp.def target with a neutral nature etc, the special sheer force+life orb set (boltbeam, earthpower etc) still does more dmg than the physical set (elemental punches, poison jab etc), around 2-4% more, but i keep thinking that GameFreak boosted Nidoking's attack for a reason. So, would it be better to use a special or a physical Nidoking? and why?
(I don't want to run a mixed set btw)

Thanks in advance ;)

Alright, a little question about Nidoking and his now 102 base attack stat. I did some calculations and on a 0def/0sp.def target with a neutral nature etc, the special sheer force+life orb set (boltbeam, earthpower etc) still does more dmg than the physical set (elemental punches, poison jab etc), around 2-4% more, but i keep thinking that GameFreak boosted Nidoking's attack for a reason. So, would it be better to use a special or a physical Nidoking? and why?
(I don't want to run a mixed set btw)

Thanks in advance ;)
The special set because of a bigger variety of special moves that get the Sheer Force+Life orb boost...Only physical moves that can get boost on the physical side are most likely bulldoze/poison jab/ice punch etc..But now with this boost on its Attack stat you can actually run a semi effective physical set with the elemental Punches/Bulldoze etc.

The special set because of a bigger variety of special moves that get the Sheer Force+Life orb boost...Only physical moves that can get boost on the physical side are most likely bulldoze/poison jab/ice punch etc..But now with this boost on its Attack stat you can actually run a semi effective physical set with the elemental Punches/Bulldoze etc.
Yeah i was thinking about that too, too bad that we can't get the elemental punches in x and y yet.

I really love the idea of a physical nidoking... i mean.. physical fits it sooo much better.

Oh well, i have a timid sheer force nido and a julloy sheer force nido, when there is some more info about a physical set, i might train the jolly one :p

But seriously.. when the elemental punches are availible i'm going for a physical nidoking, screw that 2-4% damage.. nidoking is a physical pokemon! xD

Thanks for the quick reply

I'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to competitive pokemon. I have a question. Do abilities take effect as soon as a pokemon is switched into battle if it's in the middle of the battle sequence? As an example, my Mienshao uses U-turn in magic bounce Espeon. Does Espeon's magic bounce take effect immediately? If my Mienshao used U-turn before the enemy and so Espeon was switched in and then the other pokemon uses spikes or anything that magic bounce blocks will it block as soon as Espeon is out or will it take until the end of the round of attacks?

Also, can ability capsule switch your ability into a hidden ability?

Question, I'm trying to find a suitable sweeper in gen. It has to be decently bulky, while having very high Att/SpAtt, requiring no more then one turn of set-up, preferably none at all. I'm supporting it with screens at the same time. So far I'm using DD Mega Tar, but I'm wondering if it's the best choice. Mega Kangashan looks suitable as well, same as Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor. In summary, what would be the most potent sweeper in pokebank OU, factoring in screen support? Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to competitive pokemon. I have a question. Do abilities take effect as soon as a pokemon is switched into battle if it's in the middle of the battle sequence? As an example, my Mienshao uses U-turn in magic bounce Espeon. Does Espeon's magic bounce take effect immediately? If my Mienshao used U-turn before the enemy and so Espeon was switched in and then the other pokemon uses spikes or anything that magic bounce blocks will it block as soon as Espeon is out or will it take until the end of the round of attacks?

I didn't really get your example, but the capsule can't change to your hidden ability.

Question, I'm trying to find a suitable sweeper in gen. It has to be decently bulky, while having very high Att/SpAtt, requiring no more then one turn of set-up, preferably none at all. I'm supporting it with screens at the same time. So far I'm using DD Mega Tar, but I'm wondering if it's the best choice. Mega Kangashan looks suitable as well, same as Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor. In summary, what would be the most potent sweeper in pokebank OU, factoring in screen support? Thanks in advance!
From past experience, Lucario SD Lucario has done well for me. So you should consider him also.

Regarding your first question, I'm not sure if I'm understanding you but I can confirm that if you for example use spikes, as someone switches in Espeon during the same turn then magic bounce actives immediately and bounces back spikes. Second question answered above.

Which of these EV Spreads give the better Bulk/Defence for MegaAggron? (I want to keep the Attack EVs)

252HP - 252 Atk - 4 Def - Impish
or
4HP - 252 Atk - 252 Def - Impish

how do i breed riolus? riolu+ditto? i got m+f riolu to breed till i get flawless one but the daycare bro says they prefer to play with other pokemon :S i got both in a trade also not sure if that matters

Which of these EV Spreads give the better Bulk/Defence for MegaAggron? (I want to keep the Attack EVs)

252HP - 252 Atk - 4 Def - Impish
or
4HP - 252 Atk - 252 Def - Impish

His physical bulk is already so high, you'd probably be better off with SpD EVs or HP EVs. With Filter there isn't much that can 2HKO him without a boost on the Physical side.

Does Aggron get DD? I somehow remember him getting Dragon Dance. Might be a neat option for a bulky DD set if he does.

how do i breed riolus? riolu+ditto? i got m+f riolu to breed till i get flawless one but the daycare bro says they prefer to play with other pokemon :S i got both in a trade also not sure if that matters

Babies can't breed. You have to use Ditto or have evolved parents.

Second question. I just got a wonderful Drilbur, Adamant with Sand Rush and 31/x/31/x/31/31, what is a good moveset for him? Is the Balloon still a BP item?

His physical bulk is already so high, you'd probably be better off with SpD EVs or HP EVs. With Filter there isn't much that can 2HKO him without a boost on the Physical side.

Does Aggron get DD? I somehow remember him getting Dragon Dance. Might be a neat option for a bulky DD set if he does.
Thanks! .. I think I have the set I will use now :D .. Something like this.

MegaAggron @ Impish - Aggronite
252 HP - 252 Atk - 4 SpDef
~ Iron Head
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rocks
~ Dragon Tail

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Riolu count as "Baby" Pokemon so cannot breed. Evolve them both into Lucario and then you should have lots of eggs :)

oh right! well whats the fastest way to gain happiness? pokemon amie or can i be lazy and just feed hp up and give a massage? or do you just have to do way too much

So.... are we allowed to talk about the 3 event legendaries that got leaked due to hacking?

Psychic/Ghost

Fire/Water

Rock/Fairy

so i just wasted my life getting riolu to 5 hearts in pokemonamie then leveled it up (yes, daytime) and no evo. WHY GOD WHY.

so i just wasted my life getting riolu to 5 hearts in pokemonamie then leveled it up (yes, daytime) and no evo. WHY GOD WHY.
Amie isn't happiness. Just battle with Riolu as your front runner.

So.... are we allowed to talk about the 3 event legendaries that got leaked due to hacking?
I'd take these with a grain of salt personally. From what I know there's littl eprogress on the 3DS hacking front.

I'm brand new to breeding so I have a question.

Is there anyway to get 6 perfect IV's or do I just stick with five?
Six IVs is just luck. You have to breed two parents with a Destiny Knot and hope that the system randomly generates a sixth perfect IV. Unless you're breeding a mixed sweeper though, five IVs is basically "perfect."

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Psychic/Ghost

Fire/Water

Rock/Fairy
Guys has anyone confirmed these as real (and if they are how the fuck were they found?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)