Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a Hidden Ability Fletchling with 3-4 flawless IVs for trade? I have a Timid Protean Froakie Near Flawless excpet defenses. Everything else is 31. PM me!

If you knockoff a weakness policy and the move is super effective, does the weakness policy activate before being removed?
Also is there a list of all the moves Safety Googles can block?

If you knockoff a weakness policy and the move is super effective, does the weakness policy activate before being removed?
Also is there a list of all the moves Safety Googles can block?
Hmm, good question. I'd normally wager that weakness policy would activate after, but acrobatics makes me suspicious. As for the latter question, I think it's sleep powder poison powder stun spore powder and perhaps spore.

I just recently got into breeding as well, and this helped me out greatly. TheMantyke covers IV breeding very well, and its a good start for beginners in my opinion. I've already bred 2 Penta-Perfect Pokemon thanks to this guide. It took me about 2 boxes of Magikarp to get 5 perfect IVs and the correct nature, and about the same time for my Honedge. So probably around 8 hours or so if you're a bit of a slacker like me. It also depends on what items you have access to (Power items, Everstone, Destiny Knot, Friend Safari Dittos).
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3491104/
Thanks!

Seems like it will be slow going without convenient Ditto and starting Pokes from the Safari. All my Safari friends are useless types.

I would ask this in the Xerneas thread... but it seems to have vanished.

I just got the chance to catch Xerneas. What nature do I want to be looking for? Modest? A neutral Nature since if can duel attack? An Attack boosting nature since it has Geomancy for Special Attacks? I got this one so far.

Xerneas - #716 (Lonely)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 28 - 29
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 10 - 11
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 8 - 9

Hey all, first post here :)

I have the following question : I tried to pass both Bullet Punch and Ice Punch to a Riolu through Hitmonchan but only the Bullet Punch was inherited. Does this mean that currently there is no way to have a Lucario with Ice Punch ?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Hey all, first post here :)

I have the following question : I tried to pass both Bullet Punch and Ice Punch to a Riolu through Hitmonchan but only the Bullet Punch was inherited. Does this mean that currently there is no way to have a Lucario with Ice Punch ?
Yes Ice Punch is a Tutor move so it is currently not legal on Riolu/Lucario in XY

How does one calculate the chances of a pokemon being flawless from a pair of parents with certain IVs? I know that two parents with 5 perfect IVs each produce a 5 IV child 1/6 times, but what are the chances of a pair with only 7 instead of 10 IVs can make a baby with 5 flawless ones?

Does Electric terrain boost the power of electric moves, because it only says it stop pokemon falling asleep and changes nature power to thunderbolt on serebii?

Does U-turn flinch now? I was in Battle mansion battling a helioisk and it use U-turn on my garchomp and he flinched?

Hello, I'm new here. I just have a question about creating my lucarios moveset. This is the first pokemon game where I've gotten into the whole breeding process and am deciding to try out competitive play. Anyway, it seems like on the lucario thread the move bullet punch is pretty popular on him. I've finished breeding my Lucario with the following moveset: earthquake, extremespeed, swords dance, and close combat. He is jolly nature with perfect IVs in everything but SpeA. I'd like to understand why bullet punch is so popular on him and if I should consider continuing to breed him if he would be better off replacing a move for it. It doesn't seem at first glance to me that is that great of a move(though I'm sure i'm missing something). Thx in advance.

edit: nice coincidence with the random avatar. :)

Hello, I'm new here. I just have a question about creating my lucarios moveset. This is the first pokemon game where I've gotten into the whole breeding process and am deciding to try out competitive play. Anyway, it seems like on the lucario thread the move bullet punch is pretty popular on him. I've finished breeding my Lucario with the following moveset: earthquake, extremespeed, swords dance, and close combat. He is jolly nature with perfect IVs in everything but SpeA. I'd like to understand why bullet punch is so popular on him and if I should consider continuing to breed him if he would be better off replacing a move for it. It doesn't seem at first glance to me that is that great of a move(though I'm sure i'm missing something). Thx in advance.
MegaLucario's ability Adaptability doubles power for STAB moves, thus making Bullet Punch as strong as Extremespeed, with better coverage and much higher PP. That's why it's used. You can use Extremespeed as well, but if you're going to use it as a MegaLucario Bullet Punch is probably better.

-------

I have a question of my own: is Soul Dew allowed on the PokeBank ladder? I haven't seen it banned, so...

MegaLucario's ability Adaptability doubles power for STAB moves, thus making Bullet Punch as strong as Extremespeed, with better coverage and much higher PP. That's why it's used. You can use Extremespeed as well, but if you're going to use it as a MegaLucario Bullet Punch is probably better.

-------

I have a question of my own: is Soul Dew allowed on the PokeBank ladder? I haven't seen it banned, so...
Yes, unfortunately it is legal.

Is Stunfisk's ability still Limber? It would be totally useless now, since Electric types cannot be paralyzed at all. At least in gen5 you can paralyze Stunfisk with Body Slam.

I asked this on the Umber board... but I would like a quick answer so I can countinue the game/go get my Yveltal. I just caught this Xerneas.

Xerneas - #716 (Jolly)
HP: 2 - 3
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 26 - 27
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 30 - 31

As you can see, nearly perfect IV's, but a Jolly nature... but I think that is not so bad, due to geomancy negating that after one buff, and even with a Jolly Nature, with those IV's, she will have over 300 in SpA... but what do you guys think? I think I shouldn't pass up this almost perfect Xerneas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)