Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there will be elemental punches in pokemon x and y?
Heard some things about a dlc that will give us tutors some time, but i'm not sure though.

Thanks in advance ;)

Does anyone know if there will be elemental punches in pokemon x and y?
Heard some things about a dlc that will give us tutors some time, but i'm not sure though.

Thanks in advance ;)
Not yet, we'll probably see them when the "Pokemon Z" or whatever it's called comes around. Probably in this generation, but not in the current games.

If you want elemental punch tutors, you'll have to transfer from previous games.

Not yet, we'll probably see them when the "Pokemon Z" or whatever it's called comes around. Probably in this generation, but not in the current games.

If you want elemental punch tutors, you'll have to transfer from previous games.
Can't transfer tutors lmao.

Can't transfer tutors lmao.
Pokémon that have attained abilities learned from move tutors in previous games, not the actual npcs obviously.

We've been able to do it every gen starting with gen III, no reason for nintendo to change it now. Items, HM moves, and the spiky eared pichu will probably be the only restrictions for going on to Gen VI from Gen V. I hope that makes my point clearer.

Can you reset your own Friend Safari type and/or pokemon by starting a new save file? And what if I buy a new X/Y version and play them on the same DS? Is the new version going to have the same FS as the old one?

Can you reset your own Friend Safari type and/or pokemon by starting a new save file? And what if I buy a new X/Y version and play them on the same DS? Is the new version going to have the same FS as the old one?
It works off your Friend Code, you will need to reformat the 3DS to generate a new one.

So let's say I have X and Y versions and two 3DS. Does that mean I'm going to give people different Safaris depending on what 3DS I'm playing on at the moment?

And how do you reformat your 3DS? Does it have any impact on your save file?

I've been breeding pokemon since emerald. I know the ins and outs. It's obvious there are patterns with the natures you get when not using an everstone...but I've never seen anything like this before.

I'm used to seeing three or four natures be more common than the others, but I just hatched my 350th venipede and I haven't seen a single adamant one yet. Not a single damn one.

What am I missing here? My luck can't be this bad.

Okay, just checking with you guys to make sure I do this right before I end up wasting countless hours breeding.

So I want to get Stealth Rock and Icicle Crash onto Mamoswine, since they are egg moves. Sadly all we have at the moment for Stealth Rock is to breed it with a Smeargle who sketches Stealth Rock from Dwebble. Then we have Beartic, who would pass on Icicle Crash.

My question is: Is it possible to get both of those moves onto Mamoswine? Other than trying to get Smeargle to sketch both Stealth Rock and Icicle Crash, that is. Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure, even if it seems obvious.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay, just checking with you guys to make sure I do this right before I end up wasting countless hours breeding.

So I want to get Stealth Rock and Icicle Crash onto Mamoswine, since they are egg moves. Sadly all we have at the moment for Stealth Rock is to breed it with a Smeargle who sketches Stealth Rock from Dwebble. Then we have Beartic, who would pass on Icicle Crash.

My question is: Is it possible to get both of those moves onto Mamoswine? Other than trying to get Smeargle to sketch both Stealth Rock and Icicle Crash, that is. Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure, even if it seems obvious.
Female Pokemon can now pass down egg moves just like male Pokemon, so just breed a female with one move and a male with the other move and you're ready to go!

I've been breeding pokemon since emerald. I know the ins and outs. It's obvious there are patterns with the natures you get when not using an everstone...but I've never seen anything like this before.

I'm used to seeing three or four natures be more common than the others, but I just hatched my 350th venipede and I haven't seen a single adamant one yet. Not a single damn one.

What am I missing here? My luck can't be this bad.
If you give a parent an Everstone, its nature will always pass down. If you're breeding, always use an everstone to preserve nature.

This will likely also be helpful.

I caught a shiny Quiet Swablu that I'd like to EV. Let's assume I'm using it against similar-statted mons and not OU material (will probably use it vs. school friends who like to train low-tier mons). In addition to being quiet, its speed IV is 4-7. Wondering if a bulky specs set with 252 SpA / 252 HP might be a good idea? I don't have access to Roost since it's an egg move, so Rest would be my best bet for healing.

Female Pokemon can now pass down egg moves just like male Pokemon, so just breed a female with one move and a male with the other move and you're ready to go!
Interesting, I thought this only worked with Ditto as far as females passing down moves. So if I had one female Swinub with Icicle Crash and one male Swinub with Stealth Rock, then the offspring would get both Icicle Crash and Stealth Rock, right?

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Interesting, I thought this only worked with Ditto as far as females passing down moves. So if I had one female Swinub with Icicle Crash and one male Swinub with Stealth Rock, then the offspring would get both Icicle Crash and Stealth Rock, right?
That's exactly how it works now. This wasn't true before X and Y, but now it is and we're all happy ^-^

(quoting so you get the alert)

Could someone tell me how rated/unrated random wifi battles work this gen? Is it still 3v3? Is there still a ban list for legendary pokemon and such?

Last edited:
For the Weakness policy Dragonite set...
Assuming you have these three moves locked in:

Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch
would you be better off adding in thunderpunch or Thunderbolt? The former works better off D-Nite's massive attack stat, but would going mixed be a better idea? Or is a third option, roost, a better idea (even though it would leave you with no options against Azumarill)?

Arcticblast

Just to clarify...does the Everstone still only work if the Pokemon acting as the female is holding it?
Everstone works for both genders when breeding.
For the Weakness policy Dragonite set...
Assuming you have these three moves locked in:

Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch
would you be better off adding in thunderpunch or Thunderbolt? The former works better off D-Nite's massive attack stat, but would going mixed be a better idea? Or is a third option, roost, a better idea (even though it would leave you with no options against Azumarill)?
You'd be better off adding Extremespeed to that set, actually - Thunderpunch/bolt is a better option for Azumarill, yes, but basically any revenge killer can get easily picked off by a +3 Extremespeed, which is what you really need to worry about without Extremespeed.

What's good for combatting voltturn cores over a long match? Something like Red Card only works once.

I'm seeing rotom/genesect/landorus-t cores a lot and so far I've only come up with shaymin, thundurus-T, and gastrodon as candidates for beating rotom-w AND landorus-T, but all of them get owned by scarf genesect. Rocky Helmet ferrothorn and garchomp certainly have uses too but again destroyed by genesect's flamethrower or ice beam.

What kind of team or strategy do you build up on, knowing that the opponents lead will be genesect or a rotom-w? Anything that can ohko rotom-w is slower than genesect and would be ohko'd by it. Anything faster that can ohko genesect will be locked into a fire move on rotom-w. Heatran can take anything genesect throws at him, but can't handle rotom-w or landorus-t and is forced to switch out.

This is primarily a question for stall because offensive teams could just get momentum by saccing something. Tangrowth and Slowbro worked well last gen to be anti-volt-turn but tangrowth is significantly worse than it was in gen v due to all the flying, poison, and fire STABs running around.

This is probably a super weird question, but I was wondering-

If you use Grassy Terrain then use Camouflage, does it take into effect the "terrain" or the place the battle is taking place (wifi battles/competitive battles ofc they all take place in a building so a Pokemon would change to Normal type)? Or, another way of putting it, if I use a terrain, will Camouflage change the Pokemons type to Grass or to where the battle was taking place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)