Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You can find the Jolly Set here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/creative-and-innovative-sets-no-shitty-gimmicks.3503558/page-4

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 96 HP / 220 Atk / 8 SDef / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
With these evs charizard surpass landorus-therian and after a dragon dance he can kill him with Flare Blitz, while still having respectable bulk.
I would also consider iron Tail as an option somewhere, if your team is weak to Altaria or Diancie.
Probably the main difference between mega charizard x and mega salamence is that Charizard cannot be burned by Sableye, which in some cases can be pretty vital.

You can find the Jolly Set here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/creative-and-innovative-sets-no-shitty-gimmicks.3503558/page-4

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 96 HP / 220 Atk / 8 SDef / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
With these evs charizard surpass landorus-therian and after a dragon dance he can kill him with Flare Blitz, while still having respectable bulk.
I would also consider iron Tail as an option somewhere, if your team is weak to Altaria or Diancie.
Probably the main difference between mega charizard x and mega salamence is that Charizard cannot be burned by Sableye, which in some cases can be pretty vital.
Awesome thank you!

I'm thinking of a Mega Broken Salamence + SD Lucario core. Since our favourite broken dragon (the Special set) beats Mega Slowbro, bulky Grounds, Mega Venusaur as well as Dragons, SD Lucario can then sweep late game without worries. (This is also compounded by the fact that Lucario beats Porygon2 and Altaria-M who loves switching in on Salamence).

Salamence @ Salamenceite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Any suggestions for teammates or set changes are welcome.

I resetted myself in Pokemon X a Timid Diancie with 22,23/13/31/31/31/31 IVs and I am wondering, if Timid is really worth playing because I give up on running Diamand Storm.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I resetted myself in Pokemon X a Timid Diancie with 22,23/13/31/31/31/31 IVs and I am wondering, if Timid is really worth playing because I give up on running Diamand Storm.
Diancie's Calm Mind set uses Timid as nature, so Timid is fine. I'm unsure about the Defense though, but getting everything perfect is hard :[ Anyways, here is the set:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire

Diancie's Calm Mind set uses Timid as nature, so Timid is fine. I'm unsure about the Defense though, but getting everything perfect is hard :[ Anyways, here is the set:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire
those IVs prevent me from using HP Fire, it has HP Dragon which is completely unviable.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm thinking of a Mega Broken Salamence + SD Lucario core. Since our favourite broken dragon (the Special set) beats Mega Slowbro, bulky Grounds, Mega Venusaur as well as Dragons, SD Lucario can then sweep late game without worries. (This is also compounded by the fact that Lucario beats Porygon2 and Altaria-M who loves switching in on Salamence).

Salamence @ Salamenceite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Any suggestions for teammates or set changes are welcome.
For your Salamence set, I have some suggestions; at the moment, any Salamence set without Roost is kind of lackluster. It wastes the great longlivety and bulk Salamence has, and makes it generally much less of a threat. I think running Roost over Hydro Pump is the best option, as Lucario already hits Heatran for super effective damage. I also don't know why you would run Naive over Timid, as you only have special attacks on your current set. Using Substitute over Draco Meteor lets you take on Heatran and Rotom-W, as well as Mew, so I'd consider making that change aswell :]

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Substitute / Draco Meteor
- Roost

For your Salamence set, I have some suggestions; at the moment, any Salamence set without Roost is kind of lackluster. It wastes the great longlivety and bulk Salamence has, and makes it generally much less of a threat. I think running Roost over Hydro Pump is the best option, as Lucario already hits Heatran for super effective damage. I also don't know why you would run Naive over Timid, as you only have special attacks on your current set. Using Substitute over Draco Meteor lets you take on Heatran and Rotom-W, as well as Mew, so I'd consider making that change aswell :]

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Substitute / Draco Meteor
- Roost
Hydro Pump was used to hit Specially Defensive Hippowdon (2HKO ) and Scarf Landorus-T (OHKO) which is problematic for Lucario otherwise. Not having Draco Meteor kinda sucks since Rotom-W , Zapdos and Flying resists walls me otherwise. Nice catch on the Nature since I forgot to change it after deleting Earthquake. Sub and Roost sound tempting though.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
Hydro Pump was used to hit Specially Defensive Hippowdon (2HKO ) and Scarf Landorus-T (OHKO) which is problematic for Lucario otherwise. Not having Draco Meteor kinda sucks since Rotom-W , Zapdos and Flying resists walls me otherwise. Nice catch on the Nature since I forgot to change it after deleting Earthquake. Sub and Roost sound tempting though.
Substitute lets you beat Rotom-W, but I didn't think about Zapdos, that is a good point. Both are good options, I guess :]

You could always run Ice Punch over Iron Tail. It opens you up to Fairies, but you take care of the bulky Ground types, especially on the switch. Also allows Luke to hit Zapdos hard.

You could always run Ice Punch over Iron Tail. It opens you up to Fairies, but you take care of the bulky Ground types, especially on the switch. Also allows Luke to hit Zapdos hard.
I would but Clefable and Azumarill are really really annoying for the team to face and having a way to get rid of them is absolutely God-sent. I realised that the core is actually walled by Mega Sableye so would CM Clefable be a good addition to the core? This allows me to utilise the DSF core. Also, CM Clef is only stopped by Steels and Fire types, which are typically defeated by Lucario and Mega Mence.

I've got a Chespin ready to train for ORAS, but its Adamant not sure if should try breed again for Impish and not sure what the best ev's for the moveset i want Drain punch, wood hammer, spikes and leech seed/ spiky shield , so does the base power of wood hammer offset the lack of attack investment i've seen on the site analysis and just pump the hp and defense stats with 252 each remainder in attack?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Not sure where to put this, but this is from the official site:

Blaziken at the moment does not learn Ice Punch, so those move tutors from the demo might not be final.

Not sure where to put this, but this is from the official site:

Blaziken at the moment does not learn Ice Punch, so those move tutors from the demo might not be final.
Yep the chicken got even better at ubers. There is also the promise to some new moves on common OU mons now.

Does Magic Bounce technically reflect the move's effect, or actively treat it as if the move was used on you?

For example, if I have a Heatran use Will-o-Wisp or Sap Sipper Sawsbuck use Leech Seed on a Magic Bouncer, would they get the respective boosts, as if they were hit by said moves?

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
Does Magic Bounce technically reflect the move's effect, or actively treat it as if the move was used on you?

For example, if I have a Heatran use Will-o-Wisp or Sap Sipper Sawsbuck use Leech Seed on a Magic Bouncer, would they get the respective boosts, as if they were hit by said moves?
Yes, they would.

Jolly Reckless SHINY Staraptor 31 HP / 31 Atk / 25 Def / 31 SpA / 15 SpD / 31 Spe
Should I keep it? Will any 2HKOs become OHKOs with these IVs?

What is mega aerodactyl most effective set and what is chain chomps set thanks guys
Mega Aero has two OU sets listed on the Strategy Pokedex: an all-out offensive one, and a stallbreaker one. I'm not sure which, if either, is considered the most effective set, but you can find them here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/aerodactyl. To answer your second question, I believe chain chomps ran Earthquake, Fire Blast, and two other moves as needed. In BW they ran Draco Meteor and Stealth Rock alongside those moves according to the Strategy Pokedex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)