origin of usernames

I wonder what Kevin Garrett was thinking when he chose that username..
lol assumptions.

My name is Rajan, hence the Rajan. The bla is a misspelling of my last name. My dad told me when I was younger to never use my real name when making emails and stuff. I figured I was so cool for getting around it...hence blarajan.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Second favorite month and color. Picked randomly because a few other ideas I had were taken. Also has a nice ring to it.

Oglemi is my username for pretty much everything I have on the Internet.

It's actually just a combination of my last and first name; Ogle is my last name, Mike is my first, mashed together = Oglemi.

Pronounced "ogle me" or "ogle my", either way is fine I guess? How I pronounce it is a secret.....

EDIT: also if you don't know what ogle means look it up!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000549726661

???????????

Also I just picked some random Greek letter that sounded cool rofl

my previous username, Chanazn, was my last name: Chan + azn = Chanazn

simple, no?

YOU LIE

I can't find you on FB :<

EDIT: w/e my last name is totes Chan js

EDIT 2: And yes I did pick a random greek letter that sounded cool >:[

EDIT 3: fuck my postcount

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
i iz a master of disguise

also macle knows of my Facebook presence, please forward all complaints to him

Back in the EZboard era (woo boy, dating myself), my name was Tech Griffin (After dropping the PRINCE VEGETA 2K)

Got banned, so it became Outlaw Tech Griffin, eventually shortened to Outlaw T Griffin, made it classier by changing the Griffin to Gryphon, and eventually dropped my last name from it all together for just Outlaw.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Contrary to popular belief, my username isn't gang-related, territorial, or even badass. It's actually pretty silly, and yet another outlet through which I express my love for fantasy, having picked it when I was thirteen and only just figured out how to browse internet forums.

It started when I was five. Back then, I was entrenched within the little world I'd made up in my head, including superheroes whose names, stories, and origins were all but generic. The first two letters of my name originally stood for the name of the main character, 'Spaceman Jeff'. Now for all of you Calvin and Hobbes fans out there, who exactly does that sound like?

Shamelessly ripped from none other than Calvin's alter ego, Spaceman Spiff. You see, Calvin and Hobbes was not only the first comic I'd read at the age of five, but the only comic series I'd known until I was at least 14, when I began to look into manga due to my growing fascination with Trigun, Evangelion, and basically any anime series that showed up on Adult Swim. Those guys had some pretty damn good taste.

Onto the 'Crew' part. That didn't come into play until I was 13, and received the brand new 'WWE: Day of Reckoning' game for my birthday. Call it nostalgia, but it still kicks the crap out of any wrestling game I've played since then. The create-a-character mode, for example, was awesome. You could do anything. Make your guy look as tough, creepy, or manic as you wanted to. Give him any move in the book. Pull off any of the famous finishers you saw on TV. If you wanted to make the coolest guy possible, plan to spend at least half an hour sifting through menus and getting every little detail just right.

After about, I'd say, an hour, I came up with an armored fellow named Cadrian. DBZ hair, red shades, golden armor, a unique and acrobatic moveset...he was the summation of everything I thought was cool. But his name was just one character too long for the nickname displayed above the health meter (why we had to pick two different names for character select and the health meter, I do not know, but alas), so I went an entirely new direction and decided his namesake would resemble the company of heroes amongst which he was conceived: the 'SJ Crew'.

Since then, I've used this username on almost every single community I've registered to, save for the ones I'd rather not anyone know about. Sadly, my creative phase is all but behind me, but I see this username as something of an amalgamation of the memories that spurned from it. With all of the time I've spent talking to and connecting with people online over the years, it's become more of an identity than a username. Whatever that identity may be.

mine was inspired by that lil nigga who played point for the 76ers back in the day.

just kidding it was dubulous

just kidding again, its my name.

its also dubulous' name.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
A gym leader from a hack. It resulted from discussion at an irc over at another forum and I just use the same name when I joined here.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Honekko was a nickname I had irl in high school that I later decided to use online as well. Then a few years ago, another site I'm on went through a fad where everyone intentionally misspelled everyone else's name, so people called me Honko. I eventually decided to switch to Honko permanently because it sounds funny and is easier for people to remember.

As for the origin of Honekko, all I can do is link this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrYUzFr5zTc

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I used to be known as wer (and still am for the most part). Back when I joined my first internet forum, I was seriously considering playing Everquest. I was going to play a Wood Elf Ranger, so that became my handle.

Later, that got shortened to WER, and eventually it got lowercased to wer. "wer" is also apparently German for "who", which is a nice little bilingual bonus that I hadn't counted on.

My current name came about from a competition with a friend of mine as to who could come up with the most "bro" name.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I made it up when I was 9, it was actually "alamaster" at that time, short for "alakazam master" lame I know but meh, i've used it on dozens of forums so it's stuck with me

Also a common misconception is that it is pronounced like "allah", but I've always pronounced it with a sharp "a" sound, kinda like "apple"

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@ Oglemi - I always pronounced it as O-glem-mi :x

@ SJCrew - Man, I thought your name came from Cowboy Bebop, since you used to have Spike and Jet as your avatar ;d. Good to know!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
311 lead singer: Nick Hexum
The song's name is Nix Hex and is a sort of chronicle of his drug consumption in high school. NixHex because fuck spaces.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
My name is actually taken from the name of the high school I previously attended in Phoenix, AZ. The name of the school was Bioscience High School(Yes it exists :P). It was like the best school ever with the people and the way they taught everything. I was moving last year to Hawaii and I was leaving the school at the end of the semester, so when I was goofing on the comp one day and I stumbled upon Smogon some time back in March of last year. Before I played with only like a few people around the school with emulators and occasionally DSs. So around April time, after doing a small amount of lurking in wifi I made an account. When brainstorming names for the account and as I got the reminder of work I needed to get done I thought of my school and taking my name from there. Me being unoriginal, I just looked at the name and liked the sound of Biosci. It was simple and sounded cool.

So for anyone wondering, the pronunciation I use for my name is Bye-oh-sigh. Feel free to pronounce how you like though :P

tl;dr lol

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
my (newly changed) name comes from a nickname that i got over smogon irc, Molk. It all started with my first analysis, where noblue called my molk, then (because MoltenKyurem was too long) everyone started calling me molk. soooooo i was tired of being made fun of for my name so i changed it to just molk. Im sorta happy i changed it, moltenkyurem WAS to long x_x

BurningMan

fueled by beer
BBQ accident when i was 14 years old, apparently underage drinking and open fire turned out to be a bad combination.
All my friends started to call me Burning Man back then over the time my irl nickname changed to Burner, but on the net i still stick with BurningMan or some form of alteration simply because i like it more and its easier available.

There's a bit more to it than just a steamroller. Back about 2-3 years ago I went under the name B-Mac (first initial and last name slang) and about a year and a half ago I got into pokemon again via nuzlocking with psypokes. My favorite mon at that time was a Rhydon I nicked "Steamroll" and it sort of caught on with me after I swept most of LG E4 with it. I subsequently changed my name on that forum and it's been that way ever since (even though I dropped psypokes nearly a year ago).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)