Osama Bin Laden Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Osama and al-Qaeda are nothing more than puppets of the federal government. Second, I find it awfully convenient that we've spent years trying to find this guy and we magically find and kill him, in a fucking mansion in Pakistan of all places, with reelections coming up soon and Obama's approval rating down.
Yes clearly this is a conspiracy and the government did 9/11 and they put mind controlling nanobots in our water supply.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
about goddamn time

still, i imagine Osama Bin Laden would view this as his victory (if he were still alive, giggity). He ran rings around the US for 10 years, and was ultimately gunned down in the Middle-East by an American. You wouldn't need to be Joseph Goebbels to take that and turn it into some very motivating propaganda for his followers. I just wonder if it would have been more prudent to wait until he died of natural causes (I mean, he was 54 and apparently not in the best of health) rather than transforming him into a very potent martyr.

i know close to nothing about islam but i'm familar with the arabic term 'shahid' used to denote somebody who dies in the defense of their country/beliefs and, as a result, ascends to divinity and becomes almost omnipresent. perhaps there's some finer details that would make it inapplicable to bin laden but I could certainly imagine that term being given to him by his followers.

sure, you could say 'we couldn't leave him any longer - he'd just kill more people!' but do you really see LESS terrorist attacks as a result of this? i think it's great he has been 'brought to justice' and it would have been a shame if he went unpunished...iunno. it just seems as this whole thing is going to do a lot more harm than good.

I feel surprisingly patriotic all of the sudden. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Anyways, this event will cement Obama's reelection. I'm calling it.

I wonder if the team who killed bin laden got that $50 million reward, or are we just gonna pretend it doesnt exist?

Dammit; when my grandkids are sitting on my knee in front of the fireplace 50 years later and they ask me where I was when the US got Osama, I'm going to have to say "I was shoveling shit in Louisiana".

Mad props to anyone who got this Patton reference

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Okay then, new scenario;

The motherfucker steals your bike and saws it in half, pees on it and pours thermite all over it, so you hunt him down and kick him in the nads. Sure, it doesn't get your bike back but you do get the satisfaction of kicking a bad man where the sun don't shine.

In all seriousness though i don't get why people are saying we shouldn't be happy that the guy's dead, I guess apathy is the new pride.
being happy about osama's death isn't about having american pride, it's just americans expressing their vindictiveness about it all. yeah, osama bin laden was a major part in launching 9/11 and all other terrorist acts, but his death hasn't really changed anything. you keep making analogies like losing something and getting it back even though it's broken and shitty now, but like az said, we haven't gotten anything back. osama's death will (and should) definitely have a bigger impact on the muslim community, and all the other crazy terrorists that live and die by his image.

personally his death doesn't really affect me - all his minions will continue bombing and doing whatever the hell else they're hard-wired to do at this point, and everyone should still be worrying about them, despite the fact that their figurehead is gone

In my eyes he's not different from Bush at all.

IDK why you guys are celebrating. Al Qaeda still has thousands and thousands of militants, and this only means more attacks.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
This is a pretty interesting article to read about the whole situation. It seems that by handling this operation the way it has been handled the U.S. is downplaying bin Laden's role as a martyr.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Orchestrated the destruction of the WTCs, killed thousands of people and it took the world's superpower a decade to finally get me. Osama Bin LADen

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay then, new scenario;

The motherfucker steals your bike and saws it in half, pees on it and pours thermite all over it, so you hunt him down and kick him in the nads. Sure, it doesn't get your bike back but you do get the satisfaction of kicking a bad man where the sun don't shine.

In all seriousness though i don't get why people are saying we shouldn't be happy that the guy's dead, I guess apathy is the new pride.
Even if you can't get back what was lost, there's still meaning in punishing the perpetrator...

I guess it all depends if you fundamentally believe in justice or not... I do, but I respect those like Az who see differently...
az if your mom or dad was killed by Osama, wouldn't you want to see him put in jail or, in this case, "brought to justice by killing him," as so lovely put by Obama.

And killing him may only bring a huge backlash, but it may also put a huge damper on al Queda's shenanigans. The latter of which I think will have made it worth it.
the summary of which is basically "okay so it's not justice, but it is revenge"

don't get me wrong, cool, he's dead, but don't parade it around as a victory symbolic of justice when all it has accomplished is make you feel good

yes, this instance of revenge will most certainly end violence forever!!!

this is the most overrated news ever. it doesn't affect anything at all.

I'm glad the combined forces of the NATO (plus other non-NATO allies) were able to bolster international peace with this most recent operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)