OU CCAT - Mark III (Laddering/Discussing - See Post #547)

Also I was just wandering what the format for discussion on the thread is. I am seeing some none-nomination posts that are opinion-like and I just wanted to know if there are certain guidelines that we need to keep in mind before we start to comment about other peoples ideas

Hey The Pilsbury DoughBoy nice nomination! Latias happens to be my favourite pokemon :D However i think Substitute>Refresh may be something to look into. Sure you lose a bit of your HP but hear me out. With all the Breloom and Amoongus running around Substitute helps Latias block Spore something Refresh can't do. With Latias's great bulk when combined with Calm Mind her subs are often very hard to break. The thing that annoys me with Refresh is when you have a status condition you have to waste a turn refreshing it but with Substitute you acatully get a free turn due to your opponents status condition doing nothing. Additionally behind a Substitute other Dragon-types cant really switch in to well because they have to break the sub before they can attack while Latias has the ability to punish them with a Dragons Pulse if they stay in.

As for my nomination i am going to nominate Shell Smash Cloyster

Cloyster @ Focus Sash/White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Nature : Jolly/Naive
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Shell Smash | Icicle Spear | Rock Blast | Hydro Pump/Razor Shell

Cloyster seems like the perfect pokemon to base a team around because he has got arguably the best set up move in the game in Shell Smash. When Cloyster gets a Shell Smash the game will often end in a sweep with only one turn of set up. This makes building a team aroud Cloyster very simple. 1. take out his counters and provide the necassary support (Rapid Spin) and 2. Shell Smash and sweep with Cloyster. Icicle Spear is Cloysters main move having great offensive typing and being quite powerful with Skill Link. Rock Blast works in a similar way, that it gets buffed by Skill Link making the move always hit for 5 turns. The last move is a water-type stab with Hydro Pump sporting great base power and gives Cloyster the ability to go mixed, or Cloyster can go with the straight up physical route and use Razor Shell.

Anyway i am glad the ccat is back and i look forward to seeing how it turns out

Lavos' suggestion of TormentTran is cool, I just wanted to point out to him that philip's old Team of Torment RMT from the DPP days did utilise it successfully. Also, while it's walling capacity is still fantastic, it can be kinda difficult for it to do much damage because of how difficult entry hazards of all kinds are to maintain in this meta. About Cloyster, I really feel like it needs Ice Shard so it doesn't auto-lose to TechniLoom. Ice Shard also gives it some nice revenge killing utility ofc.

Anyway, my nomination:

Gyarados @ Leftovers, Impish
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

That's right people, Gyarados, and not some pussy tries-to-sweep-but-completely-walled-by-Ferrothorn Gyarados. This is, imo, by far the best defensive pokemon in the current metagame. Completely walls Sheer Force Lando, Scizor, Heatran, Lucario, Genesect without Thunderbolt, Physical Jirachi, non-HP Rock Volcarona, most Keldeo, and so on and so on, while being a fantastic check to the likes of DD Dragonite / Mence, Mamoswine, Cloyster and Breloom. People who've used this will know that it just doesn't die, ever, and can just destroy teams lategame. The best thing about Gyarados is it really is a beautiful catch-all defensive pokemon; it's useful in checking just about every physical threat in the game.

About the EV's, there's probably a slightly better spread. I just went with this because from my experience it avoided the 2HKO from LO SF Lando's Psychic, which is nice.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
My suggestion is quite similar to the one just above me, but in my opinion much more interesting:

Poliwrath @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
Relaxed | 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Circle Throw
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The forgotten brother of Politoed, this thing can do quite a good amount of work in a balanced team of some sort. Its typing is awesome (think about Keldeo, but much more bulky), sporting key resistances to Rock, Bug, Steel, Fire and Ice, and its bulk allow it to take many strong hits while Resting off the damage or phazing the threat out. Ice Beam gives coverage on Flying, Dragon (and to a lesser extent Grass) that may be problematic otherwise. While it may seem counterproductive to run such a pokemon in a metagame infested by faster and powerful threats, Poliwrath still counters or checks very well key threats (Genesect without Thunderbolt, which is quite common nowadays, Scizor, Keldeo, many Fire pokes, some Volcarona sets without Hurricane / Psychic), and can abuse every single layer of hazards you scatter onto the opponent's team. Also, resistance to Stealth Rock means that it can come in without being too worried to lose 25% of its health, which is a big problem Gyarados, a similar pokemon, has. Throw in the mix the ability to absorb any threatening status condition your team may be concerned about, and you got a good physical wall that can support quite a bit your team and, as long as you have a Spikes user, deal quite serious damage to the opposition.

Bryce

Lun
There are some pretty cool nominations.Sub Salac Terrakion and SD Feraligatr is my favourite nominations so far.Ok here is my nimonation

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake/Brick Break
- Draco Meteor(Also read the italic line in the second paragraph)

New MixMence.It's a pokemon that is often overlooked but is a fantastic wallbreaker and also screams forgotten wonder.With great Mixed attacking stats of 135/110 and nice speed of 100 Mix Mence can easily blow major holes in an opponents team.The set is simple,two extremely powerful STABs in Draco Meteor and Outrage lets Salamence utilize it's mixed stats and hit the opponent on the weaker side.Only Dragon resists,Steels are murdered by Earthquake and Fire Blast.

This set while mainly used to deal with Stall/Balance teams and break through defensive cores,can still do some serious damage to offensive based teams as well.If it has good offensive team support ,Salamence can sacrifice one of it's coverage moves or Draco Meteor for Dragon Dance or even Tailwind.When combined with one of these two speed boosting moves,powerful Mixed Movepool as well as Moxie,Salamence can definitely wreak both Defensive and Offensive teams ease.

Overall MixMence is a very good candidate for a CCAT imo.It's extremely underused yet pretty effective.The EVs are Standard and taken from smogon analysis,Maximum speed to outspeed Non Scarf Genesect and tie with other base 100s.62 attack and 192 Spatk EVs to maximize wallbreaking potential.

Temp V1

Movin' at the speed of life and I can't slow down
There have been some really interesting suggestions thus far, and I am especially interested in some which I may try out in my future teams.

Looking at the way this project is structured I feel that right now the first pick should be something that generally requires support to fulfill its optimum potential, as that can give us a rough guide as to were we should be headed in picking the team style, and eventually teammates for the original. That said I think right now we should either be looking at sweepers, or things similar the bubbly's Gyarados and ganj4's Poliwrath, that generally appreciate support to function at their best. Because of that I would like to nominate the classic SD Lucario.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Bullet Punch

Now I know that this set sort of goes against the idea of the project in that it is a very well known, and widely used set, so it isn't unique or underrated in any way. However I believe that this could be a great starting place for the project as it would allow us to look at things that can help facilitate its sweep. I believe that we're going to have better luck finding unique sets on things that sport a more supporting role, as most of the truly effective offensive sets have already been discovered, most. We all know exactly how powerful this Lucario can be given a weakened opposition and a boost, so I think by choosing it we would also give our team a strategy to start building around: facilitating a Lucario sweep. The same could be said for any set-up sweeper, however I feel that Lucario is the perfect mix of being dependent on support, but also being able to hold its own ground, other sweepers may be too inclined to one side of that, making them less viable for this project, for example Breloom.
Lucario's typing and ability will allow utter freedom when selecting other members for the team as he boasts a great set of resistances, as well as something that punishes users of Dark moves, should we chose to pick a Latias or Celebi further down the track for instance. Thats my suggestion :d

Anyway, my nomination:

Gyarados @ Leftovers, Impish
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

That's right people, Gyarados, and not some pussy tries-to-sweep-but-completely-walled-by-Ferrothorn Gyarados. This is, imo, by far the best defensive pokemon in the current metagame. Completely walls Sheer Force Lando, Scizor, Heatran, Lucario, Genesect without Thunderbolt, Physical Jirachi, non-HP Rock Volcarona, most Keldeo, and so on and so on, while being a fantastic check to the likes of DD Dragonite / Mence, Mamoswine, Cloyster and Breloom. People who've used this will know that it just doesn't die, ever, and can just destroy teams lategame. The best thing about Gyarados is it really is a beautiful catch-all defensive pokemon; it's useful in checking just about every physical threat in the game.

About the EV's, there's probably a slightly better spread. I just went with this because from my experience it avoided the 2HKO from LO SF Lando's Psychic, which is nice.
Dragon Tail / Roar with Resttalk is cool too and the only Resttalker I'd use at any point in BW1 (not the end meta btw). It's really useful even in sleep with a 2/3 chance of phazing and a utility Intimidate.

You guys want forgotten, underused wonders?

Shaymin @ Life Orb
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
Natural Cure
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power [Fire] / [Ice]
-Rest

Seed Flare hits hard as fuck with LO equipped and max Spa, on top of having a chance to halve the foe's SPD. Earth Power provides coverage on steel types, mainly Heatran. The choice of HP depends on what you prefer to hit on the switch - Gene/Scizor or Dragons looking to sponge your Seed Flare. Rest + Natural Cure keeps Shaymin healthy all day long. On top of that, Shaymin is not precisely hard to fit on a team - as long as you have an answer to dragons or scizor/gene (depending on choice of HP) Shaymin can just get in there and dish out damage, and can tank a hit if needed with it's 100/100/100 defenses and immediate full recovery, even if it's forced out afterwards.

As a bonus, Shaymin is cute as fuck. Seriously, it makes Latias look like an old hag.

Because tehy already suggested Hippowdon, i'm going to nominate this beast instead: Bulky Swords Dance Scizor!

Scizor @ Leftovers or Metal Coat
Technician | Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef or 248 HP / 96 Atk / 156 SpD / 8 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite or U-turn
- Roost

With Genesect being the new Bug/Steel of choice, it seems that a lot of people forgot about Scizors amazing capabilities. This set features most of them: Strong priority backed up by a set-up move and instant recovery!

Bulky SD Scizor has a lot of utility and poses a huge late game threat when its counters are significantly weakend or gone. Hence it requires some support from the rest of the team, but it fits most playstyles anyway.

I posted two different items, splits and the alternative between Bug Bite and U-turn: The first one goes well with a more defensive route while the latter one tries to bluff standard Choice Band Scizor early game. Both are strong choices regardless :)

Have a nice day

Nominating Hitmontop

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Stone Edge/Sucker Punch

Hitmontop is an often overlooked rapid spinner, which is a shame. He is one of the few rapid spinners that single handed can spin any hazards that Deo-D gets up. LO Shadow Ball from Gengar only does 39.8% - 47.37%, this allows you to get the Spin off and get another attack off if Foresight was used on the prediction into the Ghost type.

Another thing Hitmontop has is a strong stab, no many pokes enjoy taking a CC. And this allows for Prio users or good scarf mons to come in and clean up the damage Top has got later in the battle.

Stone Edge is first slash, because it does great work vs dragons, and being to intimidate while they are trying to set up is great, this baits out moves like outrage with doesn't KO at +1, amusing they tried to DD twice. When this happens predicting and switching into Ferrothorn or another great counter are easy to accomplish. Sucker Punched can be used too if preferred.

Genesect can not 2hko with any move either, even with the Sp.Atk boost the strongest moves to hit Hitmontop (Ice beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt) do 34.54% - 40.79%, allowing for the spin if needed.

Hitmontop is one of the few pokemon that can always get a spin off, being able to take any non-super effective hit is a bliss not many pokemon possess. And with a great ability being able to shut down a lot of pokemon trying to sweep.

Hitmontop needs some love!

Im putting down my support for Hippowdon, although I would prefer a more physically bulky version to be honest. Also, I don't see how in the world Hippowdon is suppose to do its just of you know, walling things, if it can't even hit Gliscor, Landorus, Dragonite, and Salamence. Ice fang is highly suggested over roar (or stealth rock!). But overall, starting with Hippowdon is a solid start to a sand stall team in this meta, despite my qualms with the set, I support the pokemon.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast / Surf

Hydreigon sits at a low #38 in usage, but it's definitely still one of the most fearsome Pokemon. I picked the Substitute set because I think that's the best set Hydreigon can use without being outclassed in some manner. Because of Hydreigon's Speed tier, it can use a Modest nature and do a ton of damage. If we use this on a team that has a method of removing special walls with ease, we can definitely attempt to base it around a Hydreigon sweep. I picked Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast without slashes because those two moves combined grant perfect coverage, but Fire Blast and Surf are slashed because Fire Blast is generally better on non-rain teams, while rain teams enjoy Surf because it is more powerful than even STAB Dragon Pulse.

The on-site analysis has different EVs, but I think max / max works best because I'm not really that impressed by removing so much Speed for a bit of bulk. If we do choose Hydreigon we can change up the EV spread if people would like, though. One of the cool things about Hydreigon is its natural bulk that allows it to beat many sun teams, as Levitate makes Dugtrio useless and Venusaur cannot damage it or do much outside of Hidden Power Ice or Sleep Powder. It also sets up all over Ninetales. I think it's an effective Pokemon that's underrated, pretty much what we're looking for in a CCAT.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Riolu should have Focus Sash, since even with Eviolite, it's only 40 HP / 40 Def / 40 SpD. Max Atk with HJK is actually nice for some HJK + Copycat HJK KOs.
I don't know about Focus Sash Pocket. It could be an option but i have two problems with it. First you have to make sure that entry hazards are off the field. Second you have to make sure that Ttar / Abomasnow / Hippo are dead. So this is a looooot of support in addition to the support we should put to handle counters to the strategy. I don't even know if our team slots will be enough. That's why i think abusing Riolu's very small bulk is a better idea. Riolu can set-up against most walls, and with the support of Dual Screens he can set-up even against offensive pokes.

Yo,

Weavile @ life orb
Ability: pressure
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4Spd
Jolly Nature ( +Speed - Special Attack)
- Swords dance
- Ice punch
- Night slash
- Low kick

Q.What does a metagame filled with therians, dragons and Psychics have a rather big weakness to?
A. This beast, weavile plays like a faster mamoswine that can boost its attack. Weavile is a very good choice to build a team around because it has some undeniable weaknesses, like scizor and breloom, but at the same time it has a lot of utility in the current metagame, it wolud need support but isn't that surely what we want? I also think weavile fits the role of "forgotten wonder" well, because it was OU all last gen, and has, for want of a better word, been forgotten.

credits to jojo for the picture

Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Trait: Illusion
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Night Daze / Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Yea.. my nomination. Zoroark is still an amazing Pokemon in OU, even with all the new threats running around. I still prefer Night Daze over Dark Pulse not just for the 5 more Base Power (and 95% accuracy is still enough imo), but also for its higher chance of activating its side effect, even when hitting something on the switch. Come on, dropping the opponent's accuracy is almost like raising your evasiveness. However, it usually reveals Zoroark just pretending to be any other Pokemon. Focus Blast is obviously there to get awesome neutral coverage. And since Genesect, Scizor, Forretress and Ferrothorn are running around everywhere lately, Flamethrower just gives it all the toys it wants.
Trick is what Choice Zoroark made so much better now, as it can essentially cripple anything, like when giving the opponent a safe feeling about staying in with their Chansey against a wannabe Heatran.
4 SpD EVs are meant to cause Download giving an Attack boost, which should help out more than letting Genesect sweep with a +1 Thunder in Rain. A Choice Scarf can replace Choice Specs to opt for outspeeding way more Pokemon. However, in that case, U-Turn should get a spot somewhere.
Zoroark is very flexible, can support a lot of Pokemon and finds many opportunities to switch in with relative ease. Plus, if building a team around a certain Pokemon, I just can't think of anything better than him.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
inspired heavily by molk's fourth DHP run:

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Trait: Tinted Lens
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Sleep Powder / Roost

oh yeah, venomoth. the cool thing about venomoth is that it is both a standalone mon (as such, one around which teams can be built) and a team player (as such, one that can assist in a team being built). due to tinted lens, mono-bug sweeping is suddenly possible (the number of 4x bug resists in OU is surprisingly low). however, if you should come up against something that forces you out or walls you, it's exceptionally easy to maintain momentum by BPing away your boosts to another special attacker. ANYTHING can benefit from a BPed QD which means venomoth synergizes reasonably well with other mons too - any attacker appreciates the speed boost and any mon ever will appreciate an sdef boost.

the choice between sleep powder and roost is mainly between either a long-term venomoth that can set up multiple times (greatly reduces SR problems) or a highly independent sweeper that can force its own setup opportunities. roost also lets you handle stall even better because you're already immune to toxic. ofc if running another sleep user on the team, roost would be the clear choice

venomoth has the perfect movepool and the perfect ability, but its flaws are equally obvious, and that's where the learning experience can come in. stats that are massively subpar in OU and a relatively crappy typing will all be problems that the team has to work around. in addition we will have to find a way to deal with venomoth's SR weakness if it becomes a problem. but venomoth being a relatively independent mon means that it won't excessively confine the teambuilding process.

The slash for roost should be on Bug Buzz, Sleep Powder is far too good to pass up. Also posting to say this set is absolutely amazing for passing to Heatran and Keldeo and it is not so difficult to set-up with Sleep Powder coming off of base 90 speed. Tinted Lens is such a ridiculously overpowered ability that gives Bug Buzz 'perfect coverage.' 252 HP evs allow it to survive CB scizor's bullet punch, and Scarf Politoed's surf allowing you to set-up on them with sleep powder.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My favorites besides my own include tormentran, shaymin, terrakion, and zoroark. Zoroark is pretty cool, as if everyone actually works together we can make zoroark actually good.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Zoroark is a monster, but he is pretty difficult to use. I was thinking about nominating him, but i didn't because the last CCAT was featuring him and it failed. Anyway Zoroark is my favourite as of now and has my full support.

Another awesome mon right now, that is very underrated is SpD Rotom-H. It counters Genesect, Thundurus-T, Tornadus-T, most Venusaur, Heatran, Victreebel, Sheer Force Landorus, SD Acrobat Gliscor, Scizor and Volcarona (if you give him T-Wave). I have been using him on a rain team to help me against Sun teams, and he is so fucking awesome.

I don't know if i can make a second nomination, but if not someone else please suggest him.

Another awesome mon right now, that is very underrated is SpD Rotom-H. It counters Genesect, Thundurus-T, Tornadus-T, most Venusaur, Heatran, Victreebel, Sheer Force Landorus, SD Acrobat Gliscor, Scizor and Volcarona (if you give him T-Wave). I have been using him on a rain team to help me against Sun teams, and he is so fucking awesome.
The main problem with Rotom-H is that you 100% need rapid spin support, or else he'll go down very quickly.

His two main moves (Volt Switch and Overheat) encourage a hit-and-run playstyle, which just can't be done when your 'mon is losing 25% of it's health everytime it comes in.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
Trust me with the right support he works. I though about what you were saying too (SR weak, hit and run playstyle, etc) before i used him, but in practice he is really good, sometimes even with SR up. Not to mention that he works fucking amazingly with Jirachi. Resists Fire and Ground, Jirachi's only weaknesses, while Jirachi resists Rock and Dragon attacks, which really hurt Rotom-H. Also Jirachi's Wishes usually fully heal Rotom-H, because if of the first's large HP, and the latter's small one.

Staraptor@ Life Orb
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
Reckless
~Brave Bird
~Close Combat
~Roost/Quick Attack
~U-Turn
This may be only BL, but it has ridiculous power with Reckless and a base 120 Atk. While it may seem odd to run LO on a monster that takes recoil, this can clean up late game with its massive power and decent speed. For better longevity, this set runs Roost, but Quick attack can be used for priority.
Staraptor has an extremely powerful CC to hurt a variety of things in this metagame. The combination of Brave Bird and CC together have the power to KO lots of opponents. Very few things can switch into the power of Staraptor, so revenge killing is necessary. Certain Steels can wall it pretty well, and it takes A LOT of residual damage, so you definitely need a spinner and something to deal with steels like Jirachi, but I can easily rip through teams.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It may not be a bad idea to use U-Turn on that Staraptor set. This will let it function better early game, by letting it scout the opponent and switching out of the opponent's counters to it. If you use U-Turn, the recoil may get a little bit hefty so I would recommend putting Roost as the last move for the set. Brave Bird + Close Combat also get pretty good coverage, so I don't think that Return would be missed too much.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Im putting down my support for Hippowdon, although I would prefer a more physically bulky version to be honest. Also, I don't see how in the world Hippowdon is suppose to do its just of you know, walling things, if it can't even hit Gliscor, Landorus, Dragonite, and Salamence. Ice fang is highly suggested over roar (or stealth rock!). But overall, starting with Hippowdon is a solid start to a sand stall team in this meta, despite my qualms with the set, I support the pokemon.
I've found that roar is usually more effective than ice fang, letting you rack up hazards damage, get rid of bulky boosters of all kinds. Phys. def hippowdon rarely needs to deal with that, but spdef totally does. And you can do a physically defensive one if you want, i love Spdef hippow. I suppose ice fang would be nice, but then again it rarely even ohko's any of the above pokemon.

credits to jojo for the picture

Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Trait: Illusion
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Night Daze / Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Yea.. my nomination. Zoroark is still an amazing Pokemon in OU, even with all the new threats running around. I still prefer Night Daze over Dark Pulse not just for the 5 more Base Power (and 95% accuracy is still enough imo), but also for its higher chance of activating its side effect, even when hitting something on the switch. Come on, dropping the opponent's accuracy is almost like raising your evasiveness. However, it usually reveals Zoroark just pretending to be any other Pokemon. Focus Blast is obviously there to get awesome neutral coverage. And since Genesect, Scizor, Forretress and Ferrothorn are running around everywhere lately, Flamethrower just gives it all the toys it wants.
Trick is what Choice Zoroark made so much better now, as it can essentially cripple anything, like when giving the opponent a safe feeling about staying in with their Chansey against a wannabe Heatran.
4 SpD EVs are meant to cause Download giving an Attack boost, which should help out more than letting Genesect sweep with a +1 Thunder in Rain. A Choice Scarf can replace Choice Specs to opt for outspeeding way more Pokemon. However, in that case, U-Turn should get a spot somewhere.
Zoroark is very flexible, can support a lot of Pokemon and finds many opportunities to switch in with relative ease. Plus, if building a team around a certain Pokemon, I just can't think of anything better than him.
As alexwolf mentioned, Zoroark was the subject of the last CCAT, which didn't go too well; knowing that, I don't think we should try it again, not when there are many better options.

Yo,

Weavile @ life orb
Ability: pressure
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4Spd
Jolly Nature ( +Speed - Special Attack)
- Swords dance
- Ice punch
- Night slash
- Low kick

Q.What does a metagame filled with therians, dragons and Psychics have a rather big weakness to?
A. This beast, weavile plays like a faster mamoswine that can boost its attack. Weavile is a very good choice to build a team around because it has some undeniable weaknesses, like scizor and breloom, but at the same time it has a lot of utility in the current metagame, it wolud need support but isn't that surely what we want? I also think weavile fits the role of "forgotten wonder" well, because it was OU all last gen, and has, for want of a better word, been forgotten.
Definitely an intriguing option, though I'd prefer Ice Shard over Ice Punch; that lets Weavile act as a revenge killer early game, dealing with Scarfers and DDers and such.

Glad to see this redone, I was kind of worried about the direction the last version of the CCAT was going. Might as well post a set I've been using for a little while, and is cool af.

Mienshao (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Low Sweep

Gonna nominate something I've been using on one of my weatherless teams, and really haven't seen anyone else use this surprisingly. I needed something to hit hard and not care about hazards and Mienshao filled that role perfectly. With Choice Band, it's crazy strong, and CB Hi Jump Kick does similar damage to that of CB Terrakion to put that power into perspective. Mienshao slaughters Sand Offense teams, being able to 2HKO Hippowdon and OHKO pretty much anything that isn't a Ghost, Gliscor or Skarmory. I've found that Gliscor doesn't switch into Mienshao often anway fearing Hidden Power [Ice]. Hi Jump Kick is your main stop options, but your other moves are there to hit what Hi Jump Kick cant. Stone Edge hits primarily Gengar as it often switches in, while Low Sweep is nice for catching a Latios or Tornadus on the switch and being to 2HKO them. U-Turn is mandatory for momentum purposes, and quickly racks up with Choice Band. With Regenerator, Mienshao can freely spam U-Turn or even afford to miss Hi Jump Kick which sets it apart from other Fighting types. A really underestimated and great wallbreaker, you can never be sure what to send in against Mienshao, which is what makes it so deadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)