Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

This is an extremely effective dual boosting core.Volcarona helps gyarados with the steel,grass and Fairy types that trouble gyarados.While gyarados kills rock types and can switch in on water types,creating a great offensive synergy.Also,I'm pretty excited about the potential teammates if this core is chosen.

I have team tested both of the versions of the teams, and i think both of them do pretty good job.

gonna drop a few to get things going~

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

or

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

-----

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack / Ice Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick
just a simple double bunny core. we've done a more balanced team, and we've done a more bulky offensive (sorta) team, so it might be cool to see super duper hyper offense. this isn't really a straightforward "x helps y against a, b, and c" core, but it's still pretty simple. both are just physical powerhouses, and they properly check a handful of threats to offense, making the rest of the building process rather open. with mega blastoise in the first CCAT, we saw something really specific and annoying to build around. with double dance landorus-t, we had a rather easy to build with pokemon with a really "focused" set, making it easy to build around. this core is really just general, making it easy to build around, but not necessarily too focused; because of this, you might want to go with more creative sets on these guys (like adamant QA lopunny + belly drum azumarill or something).

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball / Signal Beam
- Recover

-----

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Sing
reuniclus is walled by mega sableye. clefable handles mega sableye. clefable is really good. both are defensive CMers which is always neat. there really isn't much else to it than that. this core can go more offensively inclined balance, more defensively inclined balance, or semi-stall, giving a bit of freedom when deciding on teammates.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Hypnosis
- Encore
- Rest

or

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis / Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

-----

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch / Low Kick / Superpower / Stealth Rock
this core doesn't really need much explaining. mega pert is a pretty cool pokemon, but most rain teams go with kabutops as their physically offensive rain abuser because it doesn't take up a mega slot. it'd be cool to see a rain build with mega pert. the downside to this core is that rain builds are usually pretty similar to one another, meaning it might not make for a super interesting build.

:3c

Mega-Medicham and Magnezone

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch

Undeniably the biggest breaker in all of OU (besides maybe hoopa-u which is on suspect right now). Medicham 2hkoes pretty much everything in the metagame except for ghosts (obviously), bulky waters, bulky psychics, and bulky steels. Most notably slowbro, skarmory, and sableye in ou. For sableye a fairy is always needed and required on any team which runs mega medicham. Medicham is also extremely fun to use because you can easily double and with the momentum which comes from magnezone and other volt switchers and u-turners, get in on anything slower than medicham itself. I believe that medicham appreciates the attack boost but a timid nature could be run and ensure many of the same ohkoes and 2hkoues.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is medicham's ideal partner, covering most of it's weaknesses and gaining momentum for it to come in on anything which resists magnezone's attacks (goodbye chansey lol). The rest of the set is pretty standard, magnezone gains the ability to take care of altaria which medicham struggles with and hp fire traps scizor (which can get off a lot of priority damage on medicham) and ferrothorn (which helps medicham with the protect on high jump kick 50/50).

This core itself rips apart a lot of stall teams and combined with a fairy and a rocker builds a solid foundation for an offensive team.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Toxicroak is a pretty cool Pokemon, being able to check Water-types such as Azumarill and Keldeo, and get through the Lati's with Sucker Punch, but it still has flaws, such as a big weakness to Talonflame and not having the best matchup against offense. Mega Manectric helps Croak with Flying-types and against offense, and also appreciates Toxicroak taking advantage of Clefable. A big Ground weakness with these two mons, but that can be remedied by other teammates. Overall a really cool offensive core and I hope you all like it! n_n

Nedor

thiccc
the core suggestion phase is now over! thank you to everyone who posted a core this time around. anyways, these are your options to vote on:
----
1)
(post)

2)
(post)

3)
4)
(post)

5)
6)
7)
(post)

8)
(post)

9)
(post)

10)
(core)

11)
(core)
----

so that's about all! i unortunately had to take out all the hoopa-unbound cores as if it gets banned after the suspect test while we're still creating the team, there would be no point in it :( by the way, i decided to pitch in two cores myself that can be voted on (10 and 11).

to vote, all you have to do is post the number of the core in bold. you guys have from now until this friday night (april 1st | EST)
to put in your vote!

thanks to everyone who put in a core again, let's make this round a fun one! n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)