Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of the core is that manaphy and breloom takes out bulky grounds, rocks, and water types for charizard x to sweep.
charizard-mega-x.gif
manaphy.gif
breloom.gif

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

can i get a love bludz spam in the chat? no? ok...

You know I never see this guy and I have been wondering if you guys can build around this

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Here's the set. You can change it. It doesn't really matter to me. I want to see some creative innovation. So just go nuts guys.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Hiya, gonna drop a request. I'd like an offensive team based around standard Dragon Dance Dragonite. A classic BW OU set, I've personally been struggling trying to build around this. This thing can sweep a lot of unprepared teams once its checks and counters have been removed. I'm looking forward to an extremely powerful team. Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
+

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Gonna request a team around these two. They probably lean themselves towards being on a balance squad. M-Latias serves as about as rock-solid a Keldeo, Charizard-y, and Manaphy check as they come, while Bulky SD Scizor threatens M-Diancie, M-Gardevoir, Clefable, Latios, Weavile, and Kyurem-Black, barring Clef having flamethrower, which is becoming sort of rare, and Lati or KyuB packing hp fire. It can also SD up on fat shit that troubles Latias, like Ferrothorn, Chansey, and Cresselia. The core has a lot of trouble with Magnezone cores should Scizor get trapped because Latias will get overwhelmed by common partners to Magnezone, like aforementioned Weaviles, Diancies, along with M-Altaria becoming a bigger problem.
Edit: I luh you bludz

Last edited:
Alright, I'll leave a core that I've been messing with some weeks ago, but I never had the time to build properly due to irl stuff.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake / Hammer Arm

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse / Synthesis
- Taunt

Pretty Simple core, after an Agility boost, Metagross becomes a bitch for offense to deal with, personally I prefer an Adamant nature because im boosting my Speed anyways, and Adamant Metagross hits like a train, EV spread allow to creep Jolly Excadrill by one point, so it's nuked with either EQ or Hammer Arm, even under sand.

Serperior is there to handle Fat builds and most of metagross checks, I run HP fire to kill Ferro, Zor and wathever steel type comes in, it also pairs well with EQ metagross to catch an unsuspecting Heatran, I like running Synthesis to stallbreak more effectively and mitigate LO recoil, but if Zard X and FatChomp become troublesome Dragon Pulse is an option I guess.

I found hazard stack to pair really well with these guys, since spikes + stealth rock just make their work a lot more easier, but an HO squad would be cool also. n_n

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Moonblast

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Toxic

I'd like to request a team around this please. Many teams are unprepared for SubSeed Whimsicott. Ferrothorn hard walls it, so I decided that Mega Sableye would be a good partner. Toxic Sableye to hit Talonflame. I really want to use SubSeed Whimsicott so I'd rather the builder not change that.

Good [time of day] builders! Thanks for whipping up that last team. Hope you can pick up this one.

(+
)

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

This is some early-to-mid-XY ZardX set I found which is very interesting. It instantly nabs close or even full OHKOs against its usual checks like Hippowdon, Slowbro and Azumarill. Putting usual checks to mind, 'mons like Hippowdon, Slowbro, Lopunny, etc. can be real problems if ZardX hasn't set up yet. Breloom handles most of those checks fine with its strong STABs and troll other stuff with Spore. It also appreciates the Tailwind support ZardX brings. Its weaknesses are usually generally faster offense and 'mons in them like Tornadus-T.

Consider the offensive capability this core has, I'd like another offense team, or even full HO; I'll leave that up to the builder. The ZardX set should stay Double Dance and that's pretty much all I need that should stay, really.

edit: Finally posted this in the right thread lmao

Last edited:

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Hiya, gonna drop a request. I'd like an offensive team based around standard Dragon Dance Dragonite. A classic BW OU set, I've personally been struggling trying to build around this. This thing can sweep a lot of unprepared teams once its checks and counters have been removed. I'm looking forward to an extremely powerful team. Thanks in advance !
Mine.

love you bludz <3

+
+

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock/Taunt

Loving DD Lando-T atm, mmm. Basically, the idea is to sweep with Lando and for NP Thundy and Pherb Tran to lure most, if not all of Lando's counters, examples including bulky waters, Gliscor, Skarmory and Quagsire. Threats to the core are Weavile, Mamoswine and Kyurem-African, so a water type would be nice. An offensive team would be appreciated, even bulky offense but that, of course, is up to the builder.

Can I have a bulky offense / balanced around "Stallbreaker" Mew ? I found out very difficult to build around, just because hazards removers doesn't have too much synergy with it. But it is very annoying to face, and it is something that can check Medicham-Mega, very useful for this type of playstyle. Archived teams with Stallbreaker Mew are pretty outdated :x

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Can I have a bulky offense / balanced around "Stallbreaker" Mew ? I found out very difficult to build around, just because hazards removers doesn't have too much synergy with it. But it is very annoying to face, and it is something that can check Medicham-Mega, very useful for this type of playstyle. Archived teams with Stallbreaker Mew are pretty outdated :x

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
k

Hi, my first post here. I would love to have a core built around Gliscor + Slowbro. I found myself making the team extremely passive, but I would prefer a balanced or perhaps slightly defensive build. I think gliscor works really well in this metagame (threatening most bulky grounds and it is a huge pain for stall), and Slowbro is a nice partner since it can take water/ice attacks. Gliscor can take weak dark attacks and switch into electric moves for slowbro.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Wasn't too sure what to do with the Gliscor evs, also the Slowbro set can be changed.

Hi, my first post here. I would love to have a core built around Gliscor + Slowbro. I found myself making the team extremely passive, but I would prefer a balanced or perhaps slightly defensive build. I think gliscor works really well in this metagame (threatening most bulky grounds and it is a huge pain for stall), and Slowbro is a nice partner since it can take water/ice attacks. Gliscor can take weak dark attacks and switch into electric moves for slowbro.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Wasn't too sure what to do with the Gliscor evs, also the Slowbro set can be changed.
Okay!

p2

Banned deucer.
Alright, I'll leave a core that I've been messing with some weeks ago, but I never had the time to build properly due to irl stuff.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake / Hammer Arm

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse / Synthesis
- Taunt

Pretty Simple core, after an Agility boost, Metagross becomes a bitch for offense to deal with, personally I prefer an Adamant nature because im boosting my Speed anyways, and Adamant Metagross hits like a train, EV spread allow to creep Jolly Excadrill by one point, so it's nuked with either EQ or Hammer Arm, even under sand.

Serperior is there to handle Fat builds and most of metagross checks, I run HP fire to kill Ferro, Zor and wathever steel type comes in, it also pairs well with EQ metagross to catch an unsuspecting Heatran, I like running Synthesis to stallbreak more effectively and mitigate LO recoil, but if Zard X and FatChomp become troublesome Dragon Pulse is an option I guess.

I found hazard stack to pair really well with these guys, since spikes + stealth rock just make their work a lot more easier, but an HO squad would be cool also. n_n
mine

The idea of the core is that manaphy and breloom takes out bulky grounds, rocks, and water types for charizard x to sweep.
View attachment 54840 View attachment 54841View attachment 54842

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

can i get a love bludz spam in the chat? no? ok...
suppose ill take this one too

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
love you bludz <3

+
+

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock/Taunt

Loving DD Lando-T atm, mmm. Basically, the idea is to sweep with Lando and for NP Thundy and Pherb Tran to lure most, if not all of Lando's counters, examples including bulky waters, Gliscor, Skarmory and Quagsire. Threats to the core are Weavile, Mamoswine and Kyurem-African, so a water type would be nice. An offensive team would be appreciated, even bulky offense but that, of course, is up to the builder.
Mine.

You know I never see this guy and I have been wondering if you guys can build around this

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Here's the set. You can change it. It doesn't really matter to me. I want to see some creative innovation. So just go nuts guys.
mine. this set isn't the best so i'm gonna be changing it, but it'll still have some other creative innovation or whatever !!!

scizor-mega.gif
reuniclus.gif

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD (change this if necessary)
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off (or anything else you want)
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball (or anything else if you want)
- Recover

I would like a semi-stall/balanced team around these two, since together, they check a huge portion of the metagame, and are both really good bulky win-cons. Scizor can wear down stuff by knocking off leftovers, and Reuniclus can absorb burns and set up.

Nedor

thiccc
View attachment 54877 View attachment 54878

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD (change this if necessary)
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off (or anything else you want)
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball (or anything else if you want)
- Recover

I would like a semi-stall/balanced team around these two, since together, they check a huge portion of the metagame, and are both really good bulky win-cons. Scizor can wear down stuff by knocking off leftovers, and Reuniclus can absorb burns and set up.
mineee

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...

Dragonite (Salamence) @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Hiya, I'm just going to drop a request to build a team with Salamence. I've been struggling to build a team around this Pokemon mostly because of me being a horrible team builder. Salamence can put in work against Balance and Offense once most of it's threats/counters are gone. I would prefer if Mence keeps this Offensive set as it does put in work. Anyway, have a nice day ^_^

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power Ice

Hi! I'm requesting mixed thundurus because it's a pretty cool mon that doesn't see much usage. It does pretty well against all styles of play due to it's speed tier against offense, and knock off being a huge pain for balance. Unfortunately I can't seem to make a solid team that utilizes this pokemon so that's why I brought it here. If someone decides to take this request, thank you in advance :)

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Would like to request this core as a twist on the DragMag concept. Hydreigon is a great wallbreaker and Magnezone can trap steels that might give Hydreigon trouble. Specs Magnezone is also less prepared for than Scarf and so can catch some Pokemon off guard on the switch. Feel free to change the EVs and sets.

Dragonite (Salamence) @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Hiya, I'm just going to drop a request to build a team with Salamence. I've been struggling to build a team around this Pokemon mostly because of me being a horrible team builder. Salamence can put in work against Balance and Offense once most of it's threats/counters are gone. I would prefer if Mence keeps this Offensive set as it does put in work. Anyway, have a nice day ^_^
hot

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Chesnaught @ Choice Band
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

It's like Mzam/Keldeo but worse.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

I'd like to request a core with these two: the idea is that Lucario's main late-game switchins, like Lando-T, Slowbro, and Garchomp are all crippled by Wisps. Will-o-wisp Zard-X (really good in this meta imo) lures all three of these and other defensive checks in to burn them, crippling them and making them easier to break (this also allows lucario to run tail/crunch over ice punch). Not really sure what the best spread for this Zard-X set is, so feel free to change that up. I'd prefer some kind of balance/hazard stack with Lucario as a late-game wincon, but if the core ends up requiring an offensive build that's fine too.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
These two look after each other really well, and whatever mane can't beat on its own azu can beat usually. feel free to change the sets, but I feel these two can work really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)