Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
matthewc20090

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Grass Knot
- Hammer Arm

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Core: SD Talonflame + DD Tyrantrum

I've always liked double sweeper cores and smth about yours drew me in. Oftentimes, Talonflame and Tyrantrum's sweeps are stopped cold due to their checks surviving that 1st boosted hit. And while I could use one to pave the way for the other, I figured why not use a mon that could do the job by itself and keep your sweepers intact. Enter AoA Mega Metagross. What gross does is destroy or weaken almost every answer to your core thanks to its high power and insane coverage. Also, its ability to beat the two unaware mons is just amazing. Next up, I put Latias on cause: A) hazard removal with Talonflame is kinda a must, B) I was looking pretty water weak, and C) it gave me an answer to electrics. T-Bolt + Dragon Pulse is to hit Skarmory, waters and electrics. D Pulse > Draco is because this team can't afford to give Zard X a chance to set up. Latias's Healing Wish means you can play much more recklessly with your Tyrant/Tflame.

TankChomp was fitting here for a Stealth Rocker cause I didn't want mr. momentum sapper (Hippo) or mr. "not a Bisharp check" (Landorus-T). Moreover, it's a great buffer against some offense wreckers in M-Sciz, M-Lop, and Bisharp. Finally, for the last spot I tried out Clefable but that made me way too sand weak. So the final dude had to have a good match up vs sand offense teams and be a decent electric switch in/answer. Azumarill had potential especially with it beating Zard X and doing good vs sand but the electric weakness was unappealing. After some brainstorming I went with the legendary AV Conkeldurr. Not much to say; it's great vs sand, great vs offense, it checks electrics really well w/ AV, and it gives me extra priority. Not to mention Conkeldurr makes Weavile a tad less scary. So yeah this is the squadron. I must say be very, very careful around Zard X, as in do not let it set up. I think the team overall doesn't give it too much wiggle room + the double priority should amount to counter play, I hope. If you're not good at not letting Zard X set up, and are confident you can outplay electrics, do run Azumarill in the last slot. (I ran Watmel Berry + Natural Gift to lure Scizors / Ferros for Metagross and Tyrantrum but CB or AV can be run). Also, M-zam is annoying but there is counter play.

Replay w/ the team

A more offensive minded Conk is the Life Orb + Sheer Force set. It breaks Slowbro, Skarmory and a ton of walls at the cost of no longer checking electrics (trades bulk for power). This set makes Grass Knot less valuable on Megagross seeing how Sheer Force boosted attacks body all the fat stuff. You can perhaps run Bullet Punch or even Rock Polish over GK. If you prefer this Conk, I recommend pairing it with a bulkier Latias as electrics will annoy the hell outta u. Here's the set if you're interested:

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Superpower

That was lengthy oml. Enjoy :D

Last edited:
M-Charizard X + Serperior core

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Taunt

Basically Serperior handles all of the standard Char X checks, e.g. Azu, Quag, Hippo, Heatran etc. really well and Char X is really strong as a sweeper. EVs on Char X to outrun 252+ Scarf Lando-T at +1. Preferably an HO squad although bulky offense is fine too. Core needs hazard control, something to handle priority e.g. Brave Bird, and something for Alt (but you probably know all of that already).

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Trick
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass/Other

Looking for a team built around this core. Baton Pass Lopunny and Trick Gothitelle are an already decent core by themselves. Thought I'd add Zygarde because of his great bulk and powerful stabs and also because Goth can eliminate/cripple most of his checks and provide set up opportunities by tricking choice items.
Just looking for a fun team to get back into the game after a short break. Thanks and feel free to make any changes deemed necessary.

+

Excadrill (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

I was looking for a BARE HYPER OFFENSIVE TEAM with this core. Basically Exca sets up rocks and the other 4 mons will pressure. I wanted the other 5 mons after excadrill to be pure setup sweepers. So i'm looking for an HO team with 5 setup sweepers. I cant seem to get it right. Thank you!

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok I updated the OP with all the requests and added ArchPhantom's team to the archive. Love the enthusiasm so far, and we've certainly got some interesting cores. With that said, I'm closing the shop for now. We have a lot to work on and I want to make sure you all have a chance to get someone to build your team.

Drop your core has already been built aruond, and can be found on teams 81 and 109 in the archive. It's not a big deal, since you didn't know and there are almost 130 teams to look through, but I'm adding a new rule: Please look through the archive (simply open up all the hide tabs and ctrl + F the Pokemon in your core) before posting. It saves us time and you as wel, since we may have already built with your mons.

EDIT: I no longer need assist for this, thanks!
I have been looking for this beauty of a thread all my life. ;-; I'd just like to say in advance I don't know much about cores and I'm a pretty newbie battler, but I might as well give this a shot. It's fine if I get denied though, because I'm not exactly sure if this qualifies as a "core", but better safe than sorry, right? ^^'
Teambuilding Process:
So Absol is one of my favorite 'mons, and I've always wanted to use him in OU even though he's considered a UU Pokemon.

I'm guessing that's because of his lackluster speed, and I always thought a Speed Boost partner would make for a good teammate. Enter Scolipede, a speed passer who also has a lovely 4x resistance to fighting and can weaken Fairies!

Now from what I've seen (which I know isn't probably 100% true just by taking a few quick glances at this thread), most good cores consist of 3 'mons. I had a Dark physical attacker and a Bug/Poison. Since my Scolipede was a frail Baton Passing set and Absol is an all-out attacker, I needed something to beat Fighting/Fairies, and this thing is on like 1/3 OU teams you'll see. So c'mere, Talonflame!

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance

Super-standard set. SD to pack a punch (although I'm thinking of replacing it with Knock-Off if it doesn't work out), Sucker Punch for STAB and priority in case I can't get any BP Speed Boosts from Scolipede, Superpower for coverage against Steels and other Dark types (*cough* Tyranitar *cough*, conidering my other 2 'mons are rock-weak), and Fire Blast for screwing over Steel types even more if Fire Blast can't cut it. Max attack to make him a monster, 32 SpA to give Fire Blast some extra firepower, and 224 Speed for... Obvious reasons. :p I might switch it to 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe considering Absol's attack is already through the roof and with an SD it becomes a powerhouse.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: ??? / ???/ 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Substitute/Taunt
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Basic set, except I don't know what to make the EVs. ;-; I'm really hesitant about making it all attack because then he'll get 1-2 shot by the most common of moves, and I'm not sure how well a defensive Scolipede would work out, but I'm willing to try. Apologies about that! Poison Jab is STAB and Fairy-coverage. Baton Pass is to pass away those sweet, sweet speed boosts. Protect is to scout and get an extra speed boost. Substitute can be used to stall out turns more effectively, while Taunt prevents foes from trying to set up on him. I'm leaning towards Taunt but I'll run Sub if needed.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

10/10 originality here amirite? Seriously though, I don't really think I need to explain it in-depth but here it goes I guess. Brave Bird is a priority hard-hitting move than makes a lot of 'mons cry. Flare Blitz is another STAB move that pretty much serves the exact same purpose as Brave Bird, minus the priority. Swords Dance is for those extra guns, and Roost is to cancel out recoil damage, and it has priority, making it pretty darn reliable. Sharp Beak > Life Orb because LO gives Talonflame waaay too much recoil to worry about. I'm thinking of running a bulky WoW set before because I've never tried one before (this is the Talonflame set I use in all my teams that has it), so that might be worth a shot, eh?
------
Yeah, I probably broke some rules without realizing it (not being specific enough? Not deciding on one thing? Not viable for OU because of Absol? Idk, sorry ;-;'), so again, apologies about that. ;u; If nobody offers to build it I think I can try it on my own and ask for help in the RMT room from there in a month or so.

Edit: Oh boy, I did it RMT style. ;_; Oooooopsiesss...

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looking through all the listed teams, I only saw one dedicated TR team. So, for my first request, I'd like a full TR team (if possible) based around this core:

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

M-Heracross wreaks havoc in TR and checks Bisharp for Cofagrigus while Cofa checks several threats like Azumarill, Talonflame and M-Pinsir that trouble M-Hera. I chose Will-O-Wisp over HP Fighting in Cofa's last moveslot due to the already existing fighting STAB from M-Hera and it helps getting a quick burn on physical attackers and softening physical hits for both members of the core.

With that said, you can change the items, spreads, moves and even the playstyle if you want (but I think TR would be the best way to play with these two together). I just want a team that's built around this core. Thank you for your time!
MIO

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hey man GnralLao this is my first team in the new thread and it's my first time building Trick Room that's why this core caught my eye, so start with a solid mega and strong as hell under room i change Bullet for SD just because after +2 your able to 1 shot skarm and also still u 2hko quagsire or rotom-w so bullet isnt than necessary, then our first TR user being cofagrigus which can check a lot of phisycal threats and burn in return, you can also run pain split over WoW but i think WoW is more solid in general. Next i want a water/dragon resist and another abuser so Azu was the perfect option i choose LO as item because we can destroy everything under trick room, having to abuser and one TR user doesnt look like a TR at all so i add 2 more users being P2 and Cress this two are common user of TR team for obvious reason overall bulk uninvested and still hit relatively hard, not much to say about p2 basic TR,recover bolt-beam set but the Cress is something new is an offensive cress isnt that strong at all but our team being so weak to dark spam HP fighting is able to HKO bisharps and weavile i switch between Mental herb and Colbur as item and I think Colbur is more usufull than mental because i didn't see too much stallbreakers users, and last my last sweper packing rocks, my electric immunity and a second dark resist to deal with bisharp better, this Krook under trick room and with Moxie runs throught teams very easily specially packing the unknow move call Iron tail, people feel safe bringing altaria and get totally destroy after rocks by Iron tail provide you hit ofc. So this is the team very fun to use and also very hard so be carefully, enjoy !
Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Azumarill @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Hey man GnralLao this is my first team in the new thread and it's my first time building Trick Room that's why this core caught my eye, so start with a solid mega and strong as hell under room i change Bullet for SD just because after +2 your able to 1 shot skarm and also still u 2hko quagsire or rotom-w so bullet isnt than necessary, then our first TR user being cofagrigus which can check a lot of phisycal threats and burn in return, you can also run pain split over WoW but i think WoW is more solid in general. Next i want a water/dragon resist and another abuser so Azu was the perfect option i choose LO as item because we can destroy everything under trick room, having to abuser and one TR user doesnt look like a TR at all so i add 2 more users being P2 and Cress this two are common user of TR team for obvious reason overall bulk uninvested and still hit relatively hard, not much to say about p2 basic TR,recover bolt-beam set but the Cress is something new is an offensive cress isnt that strong at all but our team being so weak to dark spam HP fighting is able to HKO bisharps and weavile i switch between Mental herb and Colbur as item and I think Colbur is more usufull than mental because i didn't see too much stallbreakers users, and last my last sweper packing rocks, my electric immunity and a second dark resist to deal with bisharp better, this Krook under trick room and with Moxie runs throught teams very easily specially packing the unknow move call Iron tail, people feel safe bringing altaria and get totally destroy after rocks by Iron tail provide you hit ofc. So this is the team very fun to use and also very hard so be carefully, enjoy !
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Azumarill @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
WOW!!! Thanks a lot man! I'm very impressed with the work you've done in so little time! I'm gonna try the team as soon as I'm less busy with exams and stuff. Thanks again! Ü

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Core: Hex Gengar + CM Clefable

Random Passerby

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 108 HP / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 22 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute

Alright so first off I was testing out some teams and I found that mono attacking Gengar was really unhelpful against all but stupid fat balance teams (which of course it obliterated) so I threw in Sludge Wave over Taunt. I decided to keep Sub since it eases the prediction of Will-O-Wisp. Clefable's the standard spread though I made it a bit slower so it can setup on Ferros (lost a match because a paralyzed Ferro was able to 2HKO me).

Anyway I tried a few different types of builds with this core but most of them ended up being really passive and just susceptible to offense in general. AM gave me a lot of good ideas, throwing out Mega Zam as a potential Mega Evo for the team which got the ball rolling in terms of making the team a bit more offensive. Anyway the main 2 threats to Gengar + Clefable would be Talon + Excadrill IMO, since Bisharp is sort of handled in practice by Will-O-Wisp on Gengar. Went with Rotom-Wash since it hard counters both and gives momentum. Next up wanted a Rocker and Mega Zard X check - I went with Heatran over Lando-T to pressure Sableye slightly more and check Clefable / Grass types which annoyed Rotom. Air Balloon to can set up Rocks on common leads, Earth Power for opposing Trans / Zard and Taunt for some stallbreaking capability. Now at this point the team was fairly slow and weak so I decided that it was time to ramp up the offensive presence. PuP Mega Lopunny applies massive pressure to opposing offense and really enjoys the team support that Wisp Gar, Rotom and Heatran can provide (plus Clefable's ability to handle most variants of Thundurus). In the last slot I wanted another fast sweeper and went with Serperior since I was weak to bulky waters. Substitute gives you a chance for mindgames with Bisharp and also can be crucial for setting up a sweep at times.

The squad doesn't really have an answer to Zard Y (you can Sub stall with a couple mons and Lop pressures it, Clefable can win with a CM up but yeah its an issue), and Volt-Turn teams can be pretty annoying. Lacks a true Keldeo counter as well though it is pretty effectively checked between Clefable Rotom and Serperior. It's sort of a weird team haha so it might take a bit getting used to but I hope you enjoy.

BTW you can still try Taunt on Gengar, I just ended up liking Sludge Wave since it checks fairies quite a bit better. Glare on Serp also helps spread para so that's something you can try

Last edited:
Core: Hex Gengar + CM Clefable

Random Passerby

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 108 HP / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 22 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute

Alright so first off I was testing out some teams and I found that mono attacking Gengar was really unhelpful against all but stupid fat balance teams (which of course it obliterated) so I threw in Sludge Wave over Taunt. I decided to keep Sub since it eases the prediction of Will-O-Wisp. Clefable's the standard spread though I made it a bit slower so it can setup on Ferros (lost a match because a paralyzed Ferro was able to 2HKO me).

Anyway I tried a few different types of builds with this core but most of them ended up being really passive and just susceptible to offense in general. AM gave me a lot of good ideas, throwing out Mega Zam as a potential Mega Evo for the team which got the ball rolling in terms of making the team a bit more offensive. Anyway the main 2 threats to Gengar + Clefable would be Talon + Excadrill IMO, since Bisharp is sort of handled in practice by Will-O-Wisp on Gengar. Went with Rotom-Wash since it hard counters both and gives momentum. Next up wanted a Rocker and Mega Zard X check - I went with Heatran over Lando-T to pressure Sableye slightly more and check Clefable / Grass types which annoyed Rotom. Air Balloon to can set up Rocks on common leads, Earth Power for opposing Trans / Zard and Taunt for some stallbreaking capability. Now at this point the team was fairly slow and weak so I decided that it was time to ramp up the offensive presence. PuP Mega Lopunny applies massive pressure to opposing offense and really enjoys the team support that Wisp Gar, Rotom and Heatran can provide (plus Clefable's ability to handle most variants of Thundurus). In the last slot I wanted another fast sweeper and went with Serperior since I was weak to bulky waters. Substitute gives you a chance for mindgames with Bisharp and also can be crucial for setting up a sweep at times.

The squad doesn't really have an answer to Zard Y (you can Sub stall with a couple mons and Lop pressures it, Clefable can win with a CM up but yeah its an issue), and Volt-Turn teams can be pretty annoying. Lacks a true Keldeo counter as well though it is pretty effectively checked between Clefable Rotom and Serperior. It's sort of a weird team haha so it might take a bit getting used to but I hope you enjoy.

BTW you can still try Taunt on Gengar, I just ended up liking Sludge Wave since it checks fairies quite a bit better. Glare on Serp also helps spread para so that's something you can try
Thanks a lot!!! Will test it out soon.

core:

requested by: Wheezer

+
or

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This build was fun for me because I never really build balance nowadays. Also, I try to avoid Talonflame a lot due to personal preference, so forcing myself to use it will be helpful for the future! Anyways, this core is pretty flexible, but it struggles with quite a few common stall/wall/balance breakers, so there were a lot of bases to cover. Also, considering CroCune is a win con for the team, I built the team to reflect that; there are answers to common CroCune checks so you can safely boost and win in the endgame.

As previously stated, the core struggles with a lot of common breakers, and I definitely wanted to support Cune as much as possible. Talonflame was a pretty obvious answer here considering it can set up and take down frail breakers with priority Acrobatics, it helps with fairies like Mega Altaria, and it helps with Grass types on both sides of the spectrum that Suicune doesn't like such as Serperior and Mega Venusaur. Also, being a stallbreaker, it helps to make sure games against opposing fat builds won't take 2,000 years. Halcyon. suggested this specific SpD Acro set, and it's pretty self explanatory. SD to set up, Acrobatics so you don't have to worry about Brave Bird recoil, and Wisp to bug physically offensive Pokemon. Next, Mega Scizor was added for its ability to provide Defog support and its nice bulk + defensive typing. It's useful for Azumarill, Bisharp, Gengar, offensive Psychic types like Latios, and more. U-Turn is nice for hitting Psychic types, as well as just plain offensively pivoting out. If you REALLY want to hit Bisharp supereffectively, you can run Superpower here, but I'd advise against it personally. Hippowdon was a pretty obvious choice for slot 5; it has nice bulk + defensive typing for dealing with threats like Charizard-X, speedy Electric types, birds, and offensive Ground types like Landorus-T and Sand Excadrill. Sand Stream is so you can have more insurance against Charizard-Y. Thundurus was put in slot 6 because of its ability to take out annoying Water types (on both sides of the spectrum). Suicune appreciates the removal of the bulkier ones, and being able to gimp a variety of breakers with Thunder Wave is appreciated by the whole team. Specifically, this adds a bit of insurance for Charizard-X.

This team struggles with some typical breakers like Serperior, Crawdaunt, and Charizard-X, but these can all be handled. Against Serp, just don't play stupidly with Talonflame and you'll be fine. For Crawdaunt and Charizard-X, you can hit them with a Thunder Wave to make things a bit easier. Between that + the Pokemon you have, they can be easily managed.

I put Thundurus or Raikou in the post because both have pros over one another: if you run Raikou, you can run physically defensive Hippowdon because you no longer need to rely on it for speedy Electric types. Also, with Calm Mind, Raikou acts as a nice breaker for the team. Thundurus, on the other hand, provides insurance against opposing breakers like Charizard-X thanks to Thunder Wave, meaning you don't have to rely on certain Pokemon (Hippowdon for Char-X, for example) to check certain threats, but you become a bit weaker to annoying Electric types. If you choose to run Raikou, just run a standard Calm Mind set. I'd suggest Leftovers for item and Substitute in slot 4.

Hopefully you enjoy this team! Sorry it took awhile to post... got busy with school stuff :(

Have fun! n_n

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hi i would like to request a team based on this core

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I would prefer a balanced team, but a HO is cool as well, thx.
Taking this one

core:

requested by: Wheezer

+
or

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This build was fun for me because I never really build balance nowadays. Also, I try to avoid Talonflame a lot due to personal preference, so forcing myself to use it will be helpful for the future! Anyways, this core is pretty flexible, but it struggles with quite a few common stall/wall/balance breakers, so there were a lot of bases to cover. Also, considering CroCune is a win con for the team, I built the team to reflect that; there are answers to common CroCune checks so you can safely boost and win in the endgame.

As previously stated, the core struggles with a lot of common breakers, and I definitely wanted to support Cune as much as possible. Talonflame was a pretty obvious answer here considering it can set up and take down frail breakers with priority Acrobatics, it helps with fairies like Mega Altaria, and it helps with Grass types on both sides of the spectrum that Suicune doesn't like such as Serperior and Mega Venusaur. Also, being a stallbreaker, it helps to make sure games against opposing fat builds won't take 2,000 years. Halcyon. suggested this specific SpD Acro set, and it's pretty self explanatory. SD to set up, Acrobatics so you don't have to worry about Brave Bird recoil, and Wisp to bug physically offensive Pokemon. Next, Mega Scizor was added for its ability to provide Defog support and its nice bulk + defensive typing. It's useful for Azumarill, Bisharp, Gengar, offensive Psychic types like Latios, and more. U-Turn is nice for hitting Psychic types, as well as just plain offensively pivoting out. If you REALLY want to hit Bisharp supereffectively, you can run Superpower here, but I'd advise against it personally. Hippowdon was a pretty obvious choice for slot 5; it has nice bulk + defensive typing for dealing with threats like Charizard-X, speedy Electric types, birds, and offensive Ground types like Landorus-T and Sand Excadrill. Sand Stream is so you can have more insurance against Charizard-Y. Thundurus was put in slot 6 because of its ability to take out annoying Water types (on both sides of the spectrum). Suicune appreciates the removal of the bulkier ones, and being able to gimp a variety of breakers with Thunder Wave is appreciated by the whole team. Specifically, this adds a bit of insurance for Charizard-X.

This team struggles with some typical breakers like Serperior, Crawdaunt, and Charizard-X, but these can all be handled. Against Serp, just don't play stupidly with Talonflame and you'll be fine. For Crawdaunt and Charizard-X, you can hit them with a Thunder Wave to make things a bit easier. Between that + the Pokemon you have, they can be easily managed.

I put Thundurus or Raikou in the post because both have pros over one another: if you run Raikou, you can run physically defensive Hippowdon because you no longer need to rely on it for speedy Electric types. Also, with Calm Mind, Raikou acts as a nice breaker for the team. Thundurus, on the other hand, provides insurance against opposing breakers like Charizard-X thanks to Thunder Wave, meaning you don't have to rely on certain Pokemon (Hippowdon for Char-X, for example) to check certain threats, but you become a bit weaker to annoying Electric types. If you choose to run Raikou, just run a standard Calm Mind set. I'd suggest Leftovers for item and Substitute in slot 4.

Hopefully you enjoy this team! Sorry it took awhile to post... got busy with school stuff :(

Have fun! n_n
Thanks for the team user: m00ns. It looks fun to use, definitely, and is what I was looking for. From the teams I had made with the core, I understand your thought process, and it is pretty similar to what I would use. However, it looks a bit weak to standard abr/bof stall (any decent stall player w/ m sabl + goth would have a fairly easy time beating it). I will test it to see if I can find any changes to help with that weakness.

Thanks again for the team.

Edit: Going to try a quick fix of mixed thundy with grass knot / tbolt / knock off / superpower

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
Core: SubCM Raikou + Bulky SD Talonflame

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
Hey ShadowGuy1, proud to say this is one of my better builds, if not my best one in the past few weeks of ORAS just because of how consistent it plays and matches up against most archetypes. Also, even though the build is leaning towards a fatter Balance, I chose this core cause I really like variants of CM Raikou alongside a fast Offense breaker. When I was lookin' at the core and options I could run with it, I either could’ve taken a more Offensive approach or Defensive build. I went with a playstyle leaning towards Semi-Stall cause it would turn out extremely similar to my last build, and I felt like it would support the original core better in general as well.

I concluded that SubCM Raikou / SD Taunt Talonflame / Steel / Ground / Hazard Removal / Glue would be the most optimal. A decision to keep Raikou's set the same was made, but I decided to make it Taunt SD Talonflame to act as a Hazard removal deterrent and way of setting up freely on passive stuff. I knew that I wanted a Hazard stacking build to pressure similar checks between Talonflame and Raikou such as Hippowdon, Heatran, and Tyranitar, so a Defensive backbone of Ferrothorn and Hippowdon was chosen. A bulky Steel is an imperative staple on slower playstyles just cause of all the things like Mega Scizor, Skarmory, Jirachi, and Heatran provide, but Chople Berry Ferrothorn fit the team best and provided a solid Fairy / Dragon resist, Spikes support, while checking relevant threats like Mega Gardevoir, DD Mega Gyarados, Alakazam, Azumarill, Gengar, and Manaphy lacking HP Fire.

Hippowdon was an obvious option in the next slot, it provided the most role compression possible in a consistent Stealth Rocker, and a blanket check to giant issues to the team at that point being DD Zard X, as it uses Ferrothorn and Raikou as set-up fodder, had no solid switch-in to Bisharp or way of dealing with it after a single SD, LO Excadrill as Ferrothorn isn’t the most ensuring check, and having Stone Edge means Offensive SD Talonflame is not as problematic. Also, I felt as if Physically Defensive Hippowdon was the best option as I already deal with Offensive Electrics well enough with the other members.

One of the problems with the original core is that it was very susceptible to Stealth Rock, a form of Hazard removal was required. After contemplating between multiple options, I decided to run Defog Mega Latias; This gave me an excellent Utility Poke that doesn’t lose momentum while also functioning as a more reliable check to Charizard Y, Mega Lopunny, Tornadus-T, and Electric spam cores despite having Raikou and Hippowdon to deal with them efficiently. I decided to go with BoltBeam coverage to be capable of beating LO SD Garchomp / Mega Garchomp, SD Gliscor, Keldeo, Manaphy, Gyarados, and Azumarill respectively. While I was looking back at the build, I recognized HP Fire Lati@s and Mega Sableye to be nuisances, therefore, Clefable was chosen as a superb glue and bulky win condition on Hazard stacking balance which pressures its main checks and counters such as Heatran, Mew, Victini, Tentacruel, Mega Metagross, Excadrill, etc. It also provides Speed control in Thunder Wave meaning CM Raikou, SD Talon, and itself get many set-up opportunities thanks to its secondary effect.

After thoroughly testing the build, the main problem was my Defensive core getting overwhelmed and pressured, specifically by Heavy Offense builds. However, you can counteract this by applying pressure with Hazards + SD Talonflame which typically deals with Offense proficiently. CM Reuniclus is a huge problem to this build as it finds set-up opportunities on most of my members and it can't really be killed, so you should set up with your main win conditions before it does, or simply crippling it with Taunt on Talonflame. Although Mega Scizor is pressured through Hazards + Talonflame and Raikou.

An optional change would be adapting Talonflame's set to Leftovers SpD Bulk Up + WoW would provide you a better check to Gengar, Mega Scizor, and CM Reuniclus at the cost of losing a ton of offensive pressure alongside Hazards and Raikou along with picking off weakened Pokémon which would otherwise be in range. Even though it patches up some weaknesses, this change in particular is not recommened as it opens up some more exploitable weaknesses.

Lastly, I'm sorry that it took me a while with this build, I was extremely busy with many other projects I had on my mind both Smogon related, and school related. Anyways, hope you like the build and have fun!

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

ZangetsuShin13
Core: Charizard Y + Venusaur
I have to admit, this team was super fun to build/play with. Sleep Powder on such a fast mon is pretty cool, and common checks to Zard Y like Lati and Heatran are common switch-ins to Venu as well, making them easy Sleep Powder targets. Because I still wanted a reliable lati answer, I went with AV etagross as it is the best 100% answer to Lati. But I still needed hazard removal as well as a water check. I didn't like Starmie in this spot, since the Keldeo weakness was real and offensive Starmie gets worn down too easily (and Defensive is shit), so I went with Latios. Hippowdon provides rocks and serves as a blanket check to stuff like Lop, Talonflame, and electrics. Lastly, Keldeo is an additional check to Bisharp, pairs well with Zard Y and Metagross, and can take advantage of common sitch-ins to Zard like Heatran and Tyranitar. The team has trouble versus SDef Talon and PuP Lopunny, but it's possible to use something like Garchop>Hippo, but that leaves you much weaker to Electrics. This is pretty much a standard Zard Y Team with Venu over the electric type.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Goodra
Core: Mega Medicham + Serperior
Offensive af looking core, and both are pretty good picks in the meta right now. Serp takes advantage of the common Water types in the tier, while Medicham does pretty well against both stall and offense, making it a very strong pick right now. Talon looks like the biggest issue for the core, so I went with Toxic Garchomp, which can beat Talon even if it has Wisp. I also saw Lati being an issue with this core, as well as most Fairies, so I chose Scarf Jirachi, which provides a ton of utility, improving the stall match-up with Trick, and the ability to Healing Wish Serperior back to full against stall teams, since its biggest issue against those teams is getting worn down too quickly. I wanted some kind of Keldeo check, and thought that AV Azu was a decent pick, since I do have HW support so Scald burns aren't the end of the world. The same applies to Heatran with Lava Plume. Finally, I wanted a check to electric types, and Raikou does just that. It also wears down Heatran very well, and takes advantage of stuff like SDef Talon, Torn-T, and Togekiss, common switch-ins to Serperior, as well as Slowbro for Medicham. Standard offense that probably puts too much pressure on Garchomp to tank hits but it still works well and is pretty fun.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Calm Mind

I know I said I would update the OP but I'm tired and its 4am so I'll just wait and do it tomorrow, sorry guys :pirate:

Last edited:
Shadow_Sneak
Zapdos @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Baton Pass
- Agility

Manaphy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Excadrill @ Passho Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
i didn't really try as hard as i wanted building this team because offensive zapdos is kind of garbage because it is eclipsed by thundurus because it gets incinerate, a fire type move lol. basically, i wanted to find a niche, so i went with agility + baton pass since it gives heracross and manaphy sweeping opportunities. manaphy is tail glow + rain dance for beating stall and shed shell + pursuit weavile deals with bof stall archetypes. offensive excadrill with passho berry pulls out the damage needed on keldeo and azumarill for weavile to sweep, and it somewhat alleviates this keldeo weakness because i am pretending like manaphy is my check to it. cm manaphy is a viable alternative because you already have heracross for stallbreaking. aerial ace is an option over ice shard on weavile if you don't think it is necessary. landorus-t checks excadrill, mega lopunny, and mega metagross to an extent, so it is a good rocks setter. it has u-turn to bring in your breakers in safely.

other than that, the team is straight forward. it is weak to other stuff like diancie so scarf excadrill and cm manaphy like i said are good options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)