Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Shadow_Sneak
Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 60 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Baton Pass
- Agility

Manaphy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Excadrill @ Passho Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
i didn't really try as hard as i wanted building this team because offensive zapdos is kind of garbage because it is eclipsed by thundurus because it gets incinerate, a fire type move lol. basically, i wanted to find a niche, so i went with agility + baton pass since it gives heracross and manaphy sweeping opportunities. manaphy is tail glow + rain dance for beating stall and shed shell + pursuit weavile deals with bof stall archetypes. offensive excadrill with passho berry pulls out the damage needed on keldeo and azumarill for weavile to sweep, and it somewhat alleviates this keldeo weakness because i am pretending like manaphy is my check to it. cm manaphy is a viable alternative because you already have heracross for stallbreaking. aerial ace is an option over ice shard on weavile if you don't think it is necessary. landorus-t checks excadrill, mega lopunny, and mega metagross to an extent, so it is a good rocks setter. it has u-turn to bring in your breakers in safely.

other than that, the team is straight forward. it is weak to other stuff like diancie so scarf excadrill and cm manaphy like i said are good options.
If you're using offensive Zap it would just be ran the same way as the defensive set move wise but with spatk investment functioning as a hole puncher. I know the Zap set was more or less part of the core but thought I would provide some insight as to how I think it functions well as far as the whole "offensive Zapdos" goes.

Cute team.

Core: SubCM Raikou + Bulky SD Talonflame

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
Hey ShadowGuy1, proud to say this is one of my better builds, if not my best one in the past few weeks of ORAS just because of how consistent it plays and matches up against most archetypes. Also, even though the build is leaning towards a fatter Balance, I chose this core cause I really like variants of CM Raikou alongside a fast Offense breaker. When I was lookin' at the core and options I could run with it, I either could’ve taken a more Offensive approach or Defensive build. I went with a playstyle leaning towards Semi-Stall cause it would turn out extremely similar to my last build, and I felt like it would support the original core better in general as well.

I concluded that SubCM Raikou / SD Taunt Talonflame / Steel / Ground / Hazard Removal / Glue would be the most optimal. A decision to keep Raikou's set the same was made, but I decided to make it Taunt SD Talonflame to act as a Hazard removal deterrent and way of setting up freely on passive stuff. I knew that I wanted a Hazard stacking build to pressure similar checks between Talonflame and Raikou such as Hippowdon, Heatran, and Tyranitar, so a Defensive backbone of Ferrothorn and Hippowdon was chosen. A bulky Steel is an imperative staple on slower playstyles just cause of all the things like Mega Scizor, Skarmory, Jirachi, and Heatran provide, but Chople Berry Ferrothorn fit the team best and provided a solid Fairy / Dragon resist, Spikes support, while checking relevant threats like Mega Gardevoir, DD Mega Gyarados, Alakazam, Azumarill, Gengar, and Manaphy lacking HP Fire.

Hippowdon was an obvious option in the next slot, it provided the most role compression possible in a consistent Stealth Rocker, and a blanket check to giant issues to the team at that point being DD Zard X, as it uses Ferrothorn and Raikou as set-up fodder, had no solid switch-in to Bisharp or way of dealing with it after a single SD, LO Excadrill as Ferrothorn isn’t the most ensuring check, and having Stone Edge means Offensive SD Talonflame is not as problematic. Also, I felt as if Physically Defensive Hippowdon was the best option as I already deal with Offensive Electrics well enough with the other members.

One of the problems with the original core is that it was very susceptible to Stealth Rock, a form of Hazard removal was required. After contemplating between multiple options, I decided to run Defog Mega Latias; This gave me an excellent Utility Poke that doesn’t lose momentum while also functioning as a more reliable check to Charizard Y, Mega Lopunny, Tornadus-T, and Electric spam cores despite having Raikou and Hippowdon to deal with them efficiently. I decided to go with BoltBeam coverage to be capable of beating LO SD Garchomp / Mega Garchomp, SD Gliscor, Keldeo, Manaphy, Gyarados, and Azumarill respectively. While I was looking back at the build, I recognized HP Fire Lati@s and Mega Sableye to be nuisances, therefore, Clefable was chosen as a superb glue and bulky win condition on Hazard stacking balance which pressures its main checks and counters such as Heatran, Mew, Victini, Tentacruel, Mega Metagross, Excadrill, etc. It also provides Speed control in Thunder Wave meaning CM Raikou, SD Talon, and itself get many set-up opportunities thanks to its secondary effect.

After thoroughly testing the build, the main problem was my Defensive core getting overwhelmed and pressured, specifically by Heavy Offense builds. However, you can counteract this by applying pressure with Hazards + SD Talonflame which typically deals with Offense proficiently. CM Reuniclus is a huge problem to this build as it finds set-up opportunities on most of my members and it can't really be killed, so you should set up with your main win conditions before it does, or simply crippling it with Taunt on Talonflame. Although Mega Scizor is pressured through Hazards + Talonflame and Raikou.

An optional change would be adapting Talonflame's set to Leftovers SpD Bulk Up + WoW would provide you a better check to Gengar, Mega Scizor, and CM Reuniclus at the cost of losing a ton of offensive pressure alongside Hazards and Raikou along with picking off weakened Pokémon which would otherwise be in range. Even though it patches up some weaknesses, this change in particular is not recommened as it opens up some more exploitable weaknesses.

Lastly, I'm sorry that it took me a while with this build, I was extremely busy with many other projects I had on my mind both Smogon related, and school related. Anyways, hope you like the build and have fun!
HOLY SHIT THIS TEAM IS AMAZING.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
OP and archive updated, lemme know if I missed anything.
You forgot me on the builders list :(

Koga-sama
Core: Thundurus + Bisharp + Keldeo

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 240 HP / 104 Def / 12 SpD / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Ngl, this team looks extremely similar to one that Clone made for the Terrakion + Keldeo core. Anyways, with a core of 3 mons, it felt more about finishing the team rather than building around it specifically. The first version had Mega Venusaur and Latios, but the team got swept way too easily by Volcarona. For that purpose, I added Mega Altaria since it checks a lot of stuff that Mega Venusaur and Latios check, like Keldeo, and Zard Y. With the core + Altaria, I felt the team struggled to kill Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, so I added the Taunt + Magma Storm Heatran set, to make it easy to trap and kill it. Stone Edge also makes it easy to kill Talonflame if you can trap it. Finally, Lando-T was added to help check Excadrill and provide rocks. I went with the SD set + Earth Plate since it's the original team didn't have a setup sweeper, and I kept it to act as a late game cleaner in case Mega Alt goes down early. It's also really helpful in taking down bulky mons like Mega Venusaur and Mega Sableye. Finally, I added HP Flying ok Keldeo since Mega Venusaur is really hard to kill if Heatran goes down, but otherwise, Lando-T should be able to help KO it with SD. The biggest threat to this team is easily Azumarill. You'll have to predict it well to avoid sacking members easily, but if it's banded, it'll be easier to handle since you can sack one mon like Heatran to Waterfall, and then bring in Mega Alt for a free DD. In terms of alternate options, Lando-T could be the more defensive spread, to better deal with Excadrill and Mega Lopunny, but other than that, I hope you like it :)

Shoutout to Mur for helping with the team!

You forgot me on the builders list :(

Koga-sama
Core: Thundurus + Bisharp + Keldeo

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 240 HP / 104 Def / 12 SpD / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Ngl, this team looks extremely similar to one that Clone made for the Terrakion + Keldeo core. Anyways, with a core of 3 mons, it felt more about finishing the team rather than building around it specifically. The first version had Mega Venusaur and Latios, but the team got swept way too easily by Volcarona. For that purpose, I added Mega Altaria since it checks a lot of stuff that Mega Venusaur and Latios check, like Keldeo, and Zard Y. With the core + Altaria, I felt the team struggled to kill Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, so I added the Taunt + Magma Storm Heatran set, to make it easy to trap and kill it. Stone Edge also makes it easy to kill Talonflame if you can trap it. Finally, Lando-T was added to help check Excadrill and provide rocks. I went with the SD set + Earth Plate since it's the original team didn't have a setup sweeper, and I kept it to act as a late game cleaner in case Mega Alt goes down early. It's also really helpful in taking down bulky mons like Mega Venusaur and Mega Sableye. Finally, I added HP Flying ok Keldeo since Mega Venusaur is really hard to kill if Heatran goes down, but otherwise, Lando-T should be able to help KO it with SD. The biggest threat to this team is easily Azumarill. You'll have to predict it well to avoid sacking members easily, but if it's banded, it'll be easier to handle since you can sack one mon like Heatran to Waterfall, and then bring in Mega Alt for a free DD. In terms of alternate options, Lando-T could be the more defensive spread, to better deal with Excadrill and Mega Lopunny, but other than that, I hope you like it :)

Shoutout to Mur for helping with the team!
really awesome team bro, gonna try it today, thanks ;D

Reactions: TPP

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright guys, I'd like to request a team around altaria and gothitelle. This core would work much like altaria+magnezone, but gothitelle more flexible than magnezone when it comes to trapping. the sets are just placeholders, use whichever you like:
Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

the sets are just ripped from the smogondex, nothing special. the idea is trap mons like mega venusaur and ferrothorn and pave the way for an altaria sweep. Since scizor, bisharp and weavile are big threats to the core keldeo could be a potential teammate. idk hope you like my core c:
gimme this core just cuz is a goth core, wanna be popolar and use this gay mon

+
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch/Ice Punch

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

This core was posted in the Core Analysis Workshop, but I've had trouble making a team around these two that isn't ass. Sylveon serves to break fatmons such as Sableye-Mega, Slowbro and keep Medicham from touching tankChomp if I'm not running Ice Punch. In turn, Medicham breaks steel-types, Chansey, Venusaur-Mega, and Amoonguss for Sylveon. Pokemon like SpDef Talonflame and Mew give this core a lot of trouble (252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 205-243 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, 252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 188-222 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). Fast offense can also make this core struggle, due to relatively low speed.
And this

Shadow_Sneak
Zapdos @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Baton Pass
- Agility

Manaphy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Excadrill @ Passho Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
i didn't really try as hard as i wanted building this team because offensive zapdos is kind of garbage because it is eclipsed by thundurus because it gets incinerate, a fire type move lol. basically, i wanted to find a niche, so i went with agility + baton pass since it gives heracross and manaphy sweeping opportunities. manaphy is tail glow + rain dance for beating stall and shed shell + pursuit weavile deals with bof stall archetypes. offensive excadrill with passho berry pulls out the damage needed on keldeo and azumarill for weavile to sweep, and it somewhat alleviates this keldeo weakness because i am pretending like manaphy is my check to it. cm manaphy is a viable alternative because you already have heracross for stallbreaking. aerial ace is an option over ice shard on weavile if you don't think it is necessary. landorus-t checks excadrill, mega lopunny, and mega metagross to an extent, so it is a good rocks setter. it has u-turn to bring in your breakers in safely.

other than that, the team is straight forward. it is weak to other stuff like diancie so scarf excadrill and cm manaphy like i said are good options.
Thanks for the team, I like it.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
I´ve been trying this for a while now. Even signed up for the forums to (hopefully) get help with it, The thinking is that it should be used in an aggressive/offensive team

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Am edit: welcome to smogon.
Taking this one. Overheat > Protect cause this isn't VGC

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hey hublo i change a bit the core as you mentioned it doesn't bother you, first i change energy ball > tbolt on Goth because hit slowbro/hippo and rotom-w to extend which are mons that annoys the rest of the team next i'll put Heal bell > EQ because as mentioned rotom-w is really annoying for the rest of the team althought we have answer to it but nothing in the like to be burning if you feel you need EQ it's ok too man. Now let's get into the partners bulky spin exca is for dealing against fairies because alt can't one shot them after a +1 and also had the ability to check Latios and electric types (can live a focus blast come in from LO Thundy/Mega Garde D:) and is my first answer to Rotom-w but isnt a switch in althought you can be that guy who switch the ground type into Rotom-W, next i was looking hella weak to manaphy and kinda dont have immediatly speed control so i choose Thundurus-T an uncommon mon but it does the work in this case, able to revenge the fastest mega in the metagame and is an electric immunity due to volt absorb, this mon does a lot of work specially when goth trap Hippow or bulky ground in general that likes to switch into electric types, next i wanna add another Therian this case Tornadus with AV able to eat it up almost everysingle special attack being my gengar/alakazam check you can run heat Wave > Iron Tail if you feel Metagross is a problem, Iron tail is for Diancie and Garde and last the never died Suicune, this is my inicial switch in against strong physical attacker and hope for a burn :D let's be honest here Scald always burn, so that's it man hope you like the team and good luck.

EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 40 HP / 248 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail
- Hurricane

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Roscoe's Wetsuit the core seem very offensive and because have a long time without building around Specs Sylveon this core caught my eye, Specs sylveon was in my first XY team in the gensect metagame a year ago almost D: , so i went in the brainless Offense having as first member a check to weavile/ Bisharp which give problems to the core, going rest talk for longevity althought you can go specs or LO taunt 3 attack, next i want rocks and a pivot that can sponge hits so lando-t was my answer also adding helmet to residual damage for all those volt-turn cores, a Zard Y switch in + water resist is need in this team so Latias over latios simple because is more bulkyer and can take way more better electric types too, and last i wanna something that can check opposing bisharp bulky psyschics and Gengar So Muscle Band Bisharp is my answer to this thing i really dont wanna life recoil but you can go LO no problem, also muscle is better because boost every single attack rather than black glasses that only boost dark type attacks so that's it man you gotta pressure your opponent hard hitting everything with this squad hope you enjoy and gl.
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Bisharp @ Muscle Band
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Last edited:

TPP

Head TD

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat / Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Hey marsh0n! This team honestly took me a while, but this version seems to work pretty well. First off, I added Keldeo to the core to help deal with fat grounds like Hippowdon, and running the Calm Mind set gave the team a set up sweeper/win condition. Then I slapped on Latios to help cover Stealth Rocks for Entei and it helps Mega Manectric as well, since it's gonna be switching out a lot with Volt Switch. Then, I felt really weak to sand and added Lando-T to cover that. I needed something to check Excadrill, provide rocks, and getting the extra momentum from U-turn is really nice. Finally, I ended up with Choice Band Scizor, and it was added since nothing on the team could take a Draco Meteor or a Fairy attack (except Entei, but being weak to rocks limits its switchins). Scizor also gave the team an easy way to KO Clefable and more importantly, Mega Altaria. I actually had a close run in with Mega Slowbro, and Scizor was able to 2HKO it with U-turn once all of Slowbro's Slack offs were gone. You'll have to play a bit carefully with this team since hazards are the biggest things to watch out for, and there's a lot of switching with U-turn and Volt switch. I added Bulldoze on Entei since Iron Head wasn't really necessary with Scizor, and I needed another option to KO Heatran. Toxic on Mega Manectric can be run, as it's able to hit a lot of things that check it like Hippowdon and Zard X, and it's really nice to limit their time while they stay in (especially for Zard X to prevent it from setting up and sweeping as long). This team has a lot of momentum, so it can be pretty fun, but you gotta play a bit carefully, or else hazards are gonna limit you a lot.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First

Hey hublo i change a bit the core as you mentioned it doesn't bother you, first i change energy ball > tbolt on Goth because hit slowbro/hippo and rotom-w to extend which are mons that annoys the rest of the team next i'll put Heal bell > EQ because as mentioned rotom-w is really annoying for the rest of the team althought we have answer to it but nothing in the like to be burning if you feel you need EQ it's ok too man. Now let's get into the partners bulky spin exca is for dealing against fairies because alt can't one shot them after a +1 and also had the ability to check Latios and electric types (can live a focus blast come in from LO Thundy/Mega Garde D:) and is my first answer to Rotom-w but isnt a switch in althought you can be that guy who switch the ground type into Rotom-W, next i was looking hella weak to manaphy and kinda dont have immediatly speed control so i choose Thundurus-T an uncommon mon but it does the work in this case, able to revenge the fastest mega in the metagame and is an electric immunity due to volt absorb, this mon does a lot of work specially when goth trap Hippow or bulky ground in general that likes to switch into electric types, next i wanna add another Therian this case Tornadus with AV able to eat it up almost everysingle special attack being my gengar/alakazam check you can run heat Wave > Iron Tail if you feel Metagross is a problem, Iron tail is for Diancie and Garde and last the never died Suicune, this is my inicial switch in against strong physical attacker and hope for a burn :D let's be honest here Scald always burn, so that's it man hope you like the team and good luck.

EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 40 HP / 248 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail
- Hurricane

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Roscoe's Wetsuit the core seem very offensive and because have a long time without building around Specs Sylveon this core caught my eye, Specs sylveon was in my first XY team in the gensect metagame a year ago almost D: , so i went in the brainless Offense having as first member a check to weavile/ Bisharp which give problems to the core, going rest talk for longevity althought you can go specs or LO taunt 3 attack, next i want rocks and a pivot that can sponge hits so lando-t was my answer also adding helmet to residual damage for all those volt-turn cores, a Zard Y switch in + water resist is need in this team so Latias over latios simple because is more bulkyer and can take way more better electric types too, and last i wanna something that can check opposing bisharp bulky psyschics and Gengar So Muscle Band Bisharp is my answer to this thing i really dont wanna life recoil but you can go LO no problem, also muscle is better because boost every single attack rather than black glasses that only boost dark type attacks so that's it man you gotta pressure your opponent hard hitting everything with this squad hope you enjoy and gl.
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Bisharp @ Muscle Band
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
ProbabLy don't need 29 ivs on bisharp since it isn't life orb

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OP has been updated! Time for teams.

astroshagger

I know, I know, you wanted CM Reunicus, but I just really hate that set since it is 100% walled by Sableye, meaning its niche as a stallbreaker isn't much of a niche at all. On the other hand, TR Reun does the Lord's work against offense, "outspeeding" everything and demolishing everything with LO boosted attacks. Both of these mons do well against stuff like Rotom-W so I thought maybe pairing it with sand Exca would work well. I hate rocks TTar and Spin Exca, but the team needed it so what can you do. Zard and Exca make for good offensive partners, while Ttar can lure in cChomps and Ice Beam or Pursuit trap the Latis. I wanted something that could function as a stallbreaker, but also wanted something more useful against waters, so the next two mons do just those things. Taunt Serp breaks stall pretty nicely, though it usually fntions best on spikes stacking teams, you can weaken stuff like Chansey super easily with Sand + Rocks + Leaf Storm to the point where Reun actually puts in work (Sableye just needs 1 Sdef drop or to be weakened a bit before it will go down as well). And speaking of Sableye, Reun is actually running enough speed to outspeed it outside of TR. You are still slower than everything that matters (oh no, what if Ferrothorn Gyro Balls me!) but if you get the SDef drop on Sableye you want to take advantage of that shit. CM Bro is cool af, and it checks Keldeo as well as stuff like Medicham and Lopunny. Team struggles a bit against Azu and Torn-T, and ESPECIALLY the two paired together, but it isn't too bad.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 12 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Now, with that out of the way, I want to let you all know that I'm reopening the shop! If we haven't already reserved your core, then it's being rejected I'm sorry that we didn't build with your core, but just looking over some of them (Keldeo + Scizor or Mega Gyarados for example), you can find teams with these mons in the archive if you just take the time to look for them. Remember, all it takes is a simple ctrl + F and the name of one of the Pokemon you want to see if the core has already been used.

This is going to be pretty much the norm from now on. Instead of the arbitrary "two weeks or so" period of time before rejecting a core, it will simply be rejected if we close and then reopen the shop before building a team with it. This, while still arbitrary, feels like it makes more sense than the other way. And please, if your core didn't get built around, don't be discouraged! It's nothing against you, and you are more than welcome to request a new core now that the shop has been reopened. As a final note, any core still being worked on from the last time we opened up shop will remain in the reserved section. The builder will post them as soon as they are done with them n_n

Hello, I would like a team that uses Mega Venusaur + SpD Skarmory I guess on a balance team that has offensive options. Skarmory isn't necessary but seems useful for Mega Medicham and Tornadus-T. Core is probably weak to Weavile so maybe specs Keldeo? I could never get a m-venu team to work.

Here is a cool core posted by Sun Wukong focusing on trapping
His post explains the core way better than I ever could
Don't Switch Out (Trapping Core)

Here is a cool core I've been using recently. It's the double trapping core of Mega Aerodactyl and Magnezone. That's rightdon't switch out. The idea of this core is to trap each other threats and KO respectively. We all know about Magnezone and how it takes care of the steel types with its ability, Magnet Pull (except Heatran). It eliminates bulky water mons, fairy types, and some of bird spam that Aerodacty can't get past. In return, Aerodactyl pursuit traps Psychic types, eliminates fighting mons that can KO Magnezone, pesky defensive mons like Heatran, Venasuar, and Amoonguss. Thanks to Aerodactyl's Base 150 Speed it can easily destroy offensive teams and thanks to the Choice Scarf on Magnezone it can get the jump on defensive mons.

This core is best used early-mid to eliminate certain mons and soften other Pokemon. This core isn't the bulkiest so don't be reckless or your opponent will figure out the trapping goal. You can switch out the Choice Scarf for a Choice Specs for more power but it will leave Magnezone a sitting duck majority of the game.

Sets:

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 Atk / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
+

Gengar + Offensive Ghost-type (Mismagius, Froslass, Chandelure, or MBanette)

The core is ghostspam, something I've tried before but couldn't quite get to work (mostly because LO Froslass hits like a limp noodle). While you could technically use this core on balance, I can't really see any team type this would work on besides HO due to the bad defensive synergy it has. The idea is to abuse Ghost typing, arguably the best offensive typing in the tier, to break down teams and possibly sweep with one of the two. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Since the last core I posted was already done, how about something balanced around 2 thick fat mons,

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

OR

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard

[edited from mobile]
Hi guys! I'd really like to see someone else tackle a core I've been trying to get standing. Difficulties I've been having include a) I'm shit and b) no inherent win condition in the core, but I still think it has potential!

+

MManectric + Chesnaught! Pretty much standard sets unless someone can find better benchmarks:

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield/Wood Hammer

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Superficially, they cover a lot of each other's weaknesses - Chesnaught not only handles Ground moves, but provides a generically useful (and fairly uncommon) EdgeQuake resistance, which helps out when looking for a third core member (particularly Tornadus-T). It's a bulky mon to take the hits that MManectric can pivot out of, and finds a lot of opportunity to set up Spikes. And every now and again Leech Seed can provide a little bit of passive recovery to MManectric, but that's not really to be relied upon... More specifically, Chesnaught can force out Hippowdon and 'Chomp through attrition (sans Fire coverage), or Excadrill generally, and Lando doesn't appreciate a Leech Seed + Spiky Shield. (I left Wood Hammer as a slash since occasionally I found myself wanting a stronger move versus Grounds and occaionally Waters, especially when offensive Starmie gets switched in :| ) MMane really really likes the chip damage Spikes (and whatever else) causes, as it's not exactly as powerful as you'd like from a mega. Bisharp *can* be a problem late game with MManectric, especially if you start packing more Intimidate 'mons, but Chesnaught handles it really well.

On the opposite end, MMane handles Flying types, which Chesnaught really appreciates, and applies a lot of offensive pressure, in addition to more opportunities to set up. It also helps wear down most Steels that would get in Chesnaught's way. But really, Chesnaught supports MManectric more than the other way around. I don't think I need to tell anyone what MManectric achieves by itself :V

Offensive builds with Breloom have been done already, but I'd quite like to see what could be done with something bulkier. Neither of them are fantastic win conditions by themselves (if at all) and lack some power, Lando-T or Tornadus mesh particularly well with further pivoting for momentum and bypassing specific counters and checks (e.g. MVenusaur, getting around bulkier mons with Taunt) or by providing Stealth Rock with a dual Intimidate core, and both can hit decently hard. For win conditions, it's hard to go wrong with a Clefable on balanced builds, but support 'fable is really cool too, providing guaranteed paralysis and SR, or status healing for Chesnaught, while also forcing through MSableye. SD Garchomp can be a decent win condition and can be tailored to fit, while helping matchups against MDiancie and MSableye. I've also tried Bisharp and double-dance Terrakion, with varying success. But those are just suggestions! :0 also, KyuB is a bitch.

So yeah! I'd really love to see this work and I'd appreciate it if someone could take it :) I keep getting locked in when building by being weak to specific threats regardless of what I do, and also I can't decide whether it should be offensive or balanced. You can't play one like the other and expect to do well :< Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
So, something I've noticed a lot is that Azelfs tend to be almost exclusively leads; as such, I believe it possible to effectively run an offensive variant, while bluffing a lead that you just decided wasn't the best idea to lead with.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

The old DPP set should do. I haven't done the calcs, but Fire Blast might be better if it picks up crucial KOs.

And no this set isn't outclassed by zam, zam doesn't get NP (though I personally have nothing on zam, might even be a good idea to pair this with an mzam/zam to break down checks/counters/the like.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 48 HP / 196 Atk / 80 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Doom Desire
- Iron Head

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Air Slash

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This core is innovative, and it is very simple. Jirachi Lays SR while simultaneously weakening and threatening threats with Doom Desire and U-Turn spam. M-Charizard appreciates its bulky targets being sufficiently weakened. Excadrill is the innovation, it is a Rapid Spinner that can use Ttar's sand. Jirachi's EVs allow it to Outspeed Lando T while taking 4 Focus blasts from M-Garde after SR. The team can be styled in whatever you want, but please include a lot of lures cauz I love the frickin things. Also, your own innovation is appreciated. Thats it really so get, set, build a team!Lol =)

Thx in advance!!!

Last edited:

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, really love the work you do here! It really is fascinating seeing the thought process behind each team, so probs for that! I've got an interesting core for you guys that I just can't seem to get to work at the minute.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

+

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Basically, Venu takes care of Lando-T, Slowbro, and Sciz for Terrakion to wreck face. Please play around with the Venu set as you see fit (or even feel perfectly free to replace Venu if something else fits better), but I'd like the team built around Terrak if possible, as I think it's a really underused and underrated 'mon at the minute.

Hey waddup,
I'm glad to see this thread open once again.
So, I would like a team around the core of M-Scizor and Tankchomp. M-Scizor is a beast, being weak to Fire type only. That's when Tankchomp (I prefer Tankchomp over his other variants) comes into the play. He resists Fire type moves due to his Dragon typing and M-Scizor can deal with Ice and Fairy types with whom Garchomp struggles with. What a great pair, right? Nextly, I know there have already been few teams with Scizor and Garchomp in them, but they were either with normal non-mega Scizor or they were HO and I don't really like HO teams. I like bulkmons, so I would like a Balance or Bulky Offense team around these two.
Here are the sets:
Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP 44 Atk 16 Def 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite / Knock Off

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP 176 Def 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Probably Clefable would be a great partner, since she is so good in bulky teams and finishes the Steel-Dragon-Fairy combo, but that's up to whoever is so awesome that he's gonna make a team for me. Eey.

That's it. Have a nice day fellas. I'm out.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

I don't really know what to pair up with TR Reuni, so I'll request a team built only around this one, if that's possible. Would like if the team is balance / bo-ish. :]

Hey guys, really love the work you do here! It really is fascinating seeing the thought process behind each team, so probs for that! I've got an interesting core for you guys that I just can't seem to get to work at the minute.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

+

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Basically, Venu takes care of Lando-T, Slowbro, and Sciz for Terrakion to wreck face. Please play around with the Venu set as you see fit (or even feel perfectly free to replace Venu if something else fits better), but I'd like the team built around Terrak if possible, as I think it's a really underused and underrated 'mon at the minute.
Mine

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

I don't really know what to pair up with TR Reuni, so I'll request a team built only around this one, if that's possible. Would like if the team is balance / bo-ish. :]
If you scroll up a bit, there is a team with TR Reuniclus made by Halcyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)