Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Metagross @ Metagrossite

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt/Fire Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot
It would be nice if a hyper offensive team was built around these two.
Lando has ice/water/grass weaknesses and metagross takes care of those using Hammer Arm or Meteor Mash. Lando also asorbs and removes some threats like Tyrantair.
The sets may be shaped toward your preferences as you wish however to counter some threats.
Sorry, meant Ice Punch instead.
ok im taking this then

Hello

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in buiding around theses two. Basically Dragonite lures in bulky Steel-types like Ferrothorn with Fire Punch to eliminate it for Diancie to free setup Rock Polish. Or on the flip side Diancie can get rid of Heatran for Dragonite so it could possibly sweep. They've got great offensive and defensive synergy together as well.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

I really enjoy offensive M Scizor and specs Keldeo, but I admittedly don't have the talent or experience to build a good team around them. I love playing HO so if that type of team could be built, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Hello

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in buiding around theses two. Basically Dragonite lures in bulky Steel-types like Ferrothorn with Fire Punch to eliminate it for Diancie to free setup Rock Polish. Or on the flip side Diancie can get rid of Heatran for Dragonite so it could possibly sweep. They've got great offensive and defensive synergy together as well.
i'll take this.

also, komet3: your team is pretty much done, i just want to test it a little more then i'll post. DANN3 i've gotten to my 2 favorite variants of yours that i've built so far, but i still need to test and whatnot. i can see what Nedor was saying about this core being somewhat restrictive at times ;;

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 96 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Roost

I'd like a Balance core built around these two. Offensive Mega Venusaur is naturally bulky, and with more Sp.Atk investment you can't sleep on this mon. It also helps with Fairy and Fighting types that threaten Hydreigon, while also being able to take on Ice types just if needed to.

I saw in the Creative and Underrated sets thread Stallbreaker Hydreigon, and it looked cool, it helps me check Heatran with Earth Power, shut down Skarmory with Taunt and as said in that thread, I also think is one (or the best) deffensive Dark Type. You can also take out 20 Sp.Atk EVs and put them into Sp.Def to survive one Focus Blast from Timid Zard-Y, though you can't do that much back.

I'm not a good teambuilder, hence why I made a forum account asking for help. Thanks in advance.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

EVs: 232 HP / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 96 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Roost

I'd like a Balance core built around these two. Offensive Mega Venusaur is naturally bulky, and with more Sp.Atk investment you can't sleep on this mon. It also helps with Fairy and Fighting types that threaten Hydreigon, while also being able to take on Ice types just if needed to.

I saw in the Creative and Underrated sets thread Stallbreaker Hydreigon, and it looked cool, it helps me check Heatran with Earth Power, shut down Skarmory with Taunt and as said in that thread, I also think is one (or the best) deffensive Dark Type. You can also take out 20 Sp.Atk EVs and put them into Sp.Def to survive one Focus Blast from Timid Zard-Y, though you can't do that much back.

I'm not a good teambuilder, hence why I made a forum account asking for help. Thanks in advance.
K

Hi! So here's an interesting core I came up with that seems pretty fitting for HO. I think That Mamoswine is a very underrated mon in this meta due to it's crazy powerful attacks (being naturally stronger than weavile and able to run + Attack natures), decent bulk, and access to priority+freeze dry. Now for the partner, i think terrakion synergizes very well because mamoswine is able to beat most of it's checks such as Lati@s, Lando T, slowbro, Garchomp or any bulky ground for that matter. Anyways the sets are very flexible Terrakion has a plethora of viable sets so feel free to use whichever you feel is best. And also seeing that as either of them can run rocks, so if you want some role compression out of them then go for it! Awesome thread, and Thank you in advance!

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish/Stealth Rock/Quick Attack

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hi, I found this core interesting and was hoping someone might be able to make a good team around it. Basically Thundurus-I deals with pokemon that woud other wise threaten Mega-Slowbro mainly electric types and Mega Slowbro deals with Ice types that would otherwise threaten Thundy.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hi, I found this core interesting and was hoping someone might be able to make a good team around it. Basically Thundurus-I deals with pokemon that woud other wise threaten Mega-Slowbro mainly electric types and Mega Slowbro deals with Ice types that would otherwise threaten Thundy.
ArchPhantom built a team with these mons a while ago:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-op-and-post-553.3542464/page-14#post-6362952

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Maloka-

Core: M-Venusaur + Hydreigon

EVs: 248 HP / 160 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Taunt / Thunder Wave

Keldeo-Resolute @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 92 Def / 28 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Defog
The one where you mentioned you can't do anything to Char-Y but can opt to paralyze with this set.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 80 SpD / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
So yeah not a whole lot to say. I liked Thunder Wave over Taunt personally on Hydreigon for this team but feel free to choose what you like. Taunt is useful for the stuff you mentioned in your post though, like stopping Mega-Bro from Calm Minding up and winning. I threw a Life Orb on Hydreigon though, hits like a chump without it doesnt really have the cleaning capabilities on a team like this. Shuca Rocks Jirachi for rocks, alleviate pressure from M-Gard, M-Metagross, Latis, a handful of things. Thunderbolt helps with some fatter waters mostly such as Slowbro. Just a bulky M-Venusaur spread with some offense and enough speed to outpace your standard Rotom-W so it can't volt switch out freely. Thanks to TDK for Lando-T spread. Just a bulkier version of the double dance set basically. This version has Yache Berry to halve ice moves against it like Weaviles Ice Shard but you're free to try other options such as Lum Berry, Earth Plate, and Leftovers. Resttalk Keld, the rocky helm variant which I think BKC started from what I heard and then some people started using it, but w/e it's there. Double Lure Latios to help remove Heatran for M-Venusaur and HP Fire for M-Zor, Ferro, Skarmory. Teams a bit Char-Y weak. Enjoy.

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
(
/
)
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 100 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 152 HP / 136 Def / 116 SpD / 104 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 100 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power / Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam
- Soft-Boiled

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance
Rotom-Wash @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
what is up AD impish john. salamence was obviously the 'mon you wanted your team built around, but through a lot of time using it, it is a fairly mediocre 'mon in the current metagame, eclipsed by the more popular scarf set which can get multiple moxie boosts over time. i have made various teams around it, but they all fail. a decline in stall makes the dpp infamous breaker kind of useless in this offensive metagame and it fails to break balance anyways. with all this said, i chose hydreigon over salamence which gives you some crazy wallbreaking potential with dark pulse, taunt, and roost. the set runs draco meteor or earth power as coverage. i prefer the former, but i put the latter in the import because people prefer that as coverage for this set nowadays. i took the hyper offensive path because i am bad at making balance (why i take the more offensive cores). aerodactyl taunts things, gets rocks, and has nice coverage with edgequake. i put in magnezone to trap steels for hydreigon, using the more defensive set to troll offensive team with thunder wave and substitute. sharpedo makes a decent cleaner in the current metagame. it has poison jab because as one can see, there are no checks to azumarill and offensive dd mega altaria. i had a deadly offensive core, so i paired it with something to take on fighting types, clefable. calm mind is nice, but cosmic power + charge beam is a lord set plowing past balance teams with little to no effort. ah yes, the last slot. the difference is wether you want yourself losing to offensive talonflame and mega pinsir, or mold breaker excadrill. scarf excadrill has turned into a threat right now and it is appearing on a handful of teams,,,, but rotom-w checks that omnipresent talonflame and occasional mega pinsir(!). your choice. i like rotom-w more to deal with sand rush excadrill, clefable's best counter and wear it down with life orb + rocky helmet, but mold breaker is just annoying rofl. i tried some crazy air balloon keldeo, don't use it

have fun with it. i'll leave the salamence set i used below n_n
Salamence @ Draco Plate
Ability: Moxie
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage / Dragon Claw / Dragon Rush
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail
Sorry I haven't respond to this sooner, I've just been forgetting to reply. I have used the team a couple times and have won most of my matches fuck Shedinja Stall. The only major trouble I can see with the team is dealing against is Mega Manectric, or Volt-Turn teams which I haven't encountered yet thankfully. I enjoying using the team, and thank you very much for my Christmas present. :]

"core":

requested by komet3

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Normal Gem
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Klefki @ Shed Shell
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Torment
i really like building with hawlucha, and when i talked to AM before building this one, he brought up the idea of offensive hazard stack + hawlucha, which sounded enjoyable. so i started the build off with hawlucha, landorus-t, and klefki. landorus-t provides stealth rock support while also being able to check things that annoy offense in general like sand, offensive ground types like opposing lando-ts and chomps, offensive fire types like talonflame and charizard-x, etc.. Vertex gave me the idea of running normal gem explosion on landorus-t here; lando-t and hawlucha have some similar weaknesses like bulky ground types & certain bulky waters, so normal gem + explosion allows landorus-t to lure these things in and clear them out of the way for hawlucha. like landorus-t, klefki provides hazards while checking some common threats to offense, specifically weavile and latios. i'm running torment here to mess with annoying bulky pokemon, and shed shell as item to help against magnezone + spam builds. manaphy was added to provide a solid breaker that could handle bulky grounds and waters (energy ball + tail glow) while also providing a solid water resist. manectric acts as glue for offensive threats like thundurus-i, tornadus-t, talonflame, and mega scizor (to an extent) while also being able to help with annoying bulky waters (hitting them with a strong thunderbolt, or volt switching to whittle them down). finally, latios was added to provide a more proper electric resist than manectric while also being a great keldeo switch-in.

the main "big threat" here is bisharp. while you kinda rely on hawlucha to offensively check it, manaphy can take a hit, klefki can gimp it with thunder wave, and landorus-t is EV'd to live any hit from +1 adamant bisharp while also outspeeding to kill. weather can be annoying; with rain you have to just twave the swimmers, and with sand you just use landorus-t. if landorus-t isn't enough, you can run magnet rise > torment on klefki. it's also worth nothing that hawlucha gets to x2 with unburden, and it's capable of outspeeding all these weather mons. thundurus-i is also pretty annoying, but it can be managed between latios and manectric. on the topic of these two: manectric is offensive glue for this team, so you don't want to play super risky with it, and latios's defog should only be used when absolutely necessary... not when you've already set up.

you can run drain punch > high jump kick on hawlucha if you want a more accurate move that can heal you up. on manaphy, you can run basically any other coverage move > psychic if you're comfortable with having to get rid of venu with latios + hawlucha before doing much with manaphy. on latios, you can run memento > defog to make it easier for hawlucha / manaphy to set up, you can run hidden power fire > defog for scizor and other annoying steels, or you can just test a variety of coverage options here :p. if you don't care for stone edge, you can run toxic on landorus-t for bulkier talon variants. if you don't like normal gem, you can run custap berry for a priority explosion (helps with bisharp), and if you don't like explosion in general, you can just run knock off / toxic / u-turn in this slot with rocky helmet / leftovers / lum berry as item, but i really suggest explosion here because it's super fun and effective. if you don't care about magnezone, you can run leftovers > shed shell on klefki, and, as i already mentioned, if you find sand to be super annoying, you can run magnet rise > torment.

iirc in your post you also wanted a "heat" team or whatever word you kids use nowadays, so here's another one:

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Ice Body
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Landorus-Therian @ Normal Gem
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
this team isn't terrible, but it basically can't be a good team because it was built with a mega glalie in mind rofl. i was actually building this team before i accepted your request, but i wasn't doing much other than fucking around with it. i can't really tell you about the team or it's weaknesses cause i've used it like twice maybe, but i know the team is pretty fun to play with :D.

hope you enjoy these teams (mainly the first one lol). thanks AM, Nedor, Zamrock, bludz, and Vertex for help ^^.

edit: oh also i already posted on your wall, but DANN3 i'm dropping your core for the reasons stated there :x. sorry! ;;

Last edited:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Moonblast

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Toxic

I'd like to request a team around this please. Many teams are unprepared for SubSeed Whimsicott. Ferrothorn hard walls it, so I decided that Mega Sableye would be a good partner. Toxic Sableye to hit Talonflame. I really want to use SubSeed Whimsicott so I'd rather the builder not change that.
Just reposting since no one took it from 3 pages ago...

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Would like a core built with these two - no other restrictions.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Core: Alakazam + Weavile

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Hey Absollite! Sorry this took so long, but here's the team. I changed Alakazam to a Focus Sash set mainly because there were moments where an emergency check was needed for stuff like SD Excadrill and Zard X, and a Focus Sash was able to let Alakazam take a hit if necessary and fill that role. Even if it was just being able to get some damage off, Alakazam usually leaves the opponent in range to get KO'd by Ice Shard/Bullet Punch or KO'd by something else. I ran Taunt cause I found extremely handy to help defeat mons that try to recover like Hippowdon or Clefable, as if Alakazam dies, the foe is usually forced out for Weavile to pursuit trap, become setup fodder for Scizor/Manaphy, or risk the chance of being KO'd by something else. AV Metagross and opposing steel types were the biggest threat to the core, so I added Mega Scizor to help take some hits, and gain a momentum user that can safely bring in Alakazam + Weavile (neither one can switch into anything, so getting them in safely would otherwise only be after sacking something). I originally had Keldeo, but then added Manaphy to help defeat bulky waters (which is something Keldeo can't do), and Manaphy can take a Brave Bird from Talonflame (biggest threat at this point), so that was a really helpful change. Wacan berry was run to avoid being 6-0'd by Mega Manectric, which in theory can easily defeat the team once Latios gets worn down. To originally help with Talonflame, I added Garchomp to provide an answer to physical attackers and provide Stealth Rock. The team doesn't have a great way to KO Mega Scizor other than relying on a Scald burn, so that's why Fire Blast was chosen. Finally, Latios was chosen to check Keldeo, remove rocks for Weavile, and act as a softer check to Mega Manectric. In the unfortunate event that Latios is gone and the opponent still has a Mega Manectric, you can attempt to sack Mega Scizor and let it die to Overheat so Mega Manectric doesn't KO Weavile, or if they have Flamethrower, Weavile can actually take one, and then finish it off with Icicle Crash as Intimidate will have affected Scizor before that. Otherwise you can use the Focus Sash or the Wacan Berry, so you got plenty of options.

Special thanks to bludz and Nedor for being really helpful with this team!

gyarados-mega.gif
conkeldurr.gif
OR
infernape.gif
jirachi.gif

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Hello I would like a team built around the core of M-Gyarados, Conkeldurr, Jirachi. This core is all physical. Makes it weak to burns. All I really want is M-Gyarados and Conk. Conk is able to destroy fairies on the switchin and also get rid of Skarmory. Jirachi is able to get rid of fairies also is also good for momentum. Infernape does the same thing as Conk but can absorb burns. Thanks in advanced!

p2

Banned deucer.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Would like a core built with these two - no other restrictions.
taking this one too

su1p

formerly VKadenius
+

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Hey, I've been trying to build a team around these ones for a while now and I couldnt make a good team where I didn't lose to Pinsir straight up. Lopunny is here to kick some offense and Serperior is a good mon to beat stall with. I didnt want to use Manaphy because its so standard and is slower. This Core is weak to SD M-Sciz too. Ok thank you if you're gonna build this and good luck!

Drillseargent (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Mysophobia (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

(Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt )
Since i really like Mienshaos design and since Mienshao is kinda viable in the OU environment, i recently tried to build a team around it. The first and most obvious Partner i came across is Rotom-W, due to it's ability to take on Talonflame, Scizor and bulky ground types, all of which trouble Mienshao. At the same time, those 2 form a decent Voltturn Core. A Third Partner i thought of was Gardevoir, since Sableye, Slowbro and Venusaur completly wall the other two Teammembers. I also tried pairing these mons with a Sandcore, for Rapid-Spin and Pursuit Support, but my builds never really worked out. So my request would be to build a team around Mienshao, the other two mons being suggestions but not mandatory at all.

Request: 110px-645Landorus-Therian.png + mega_lopunny___mega_altaria_by_tomycase-d7ukus5.png

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I really like Lopunny and Volt-Turn, tho i am using a Team that has Rotom-W and Landorus-T on it right now, and i feel like i wanna have another one but without the Rotom-W :) I would really like the help on this one, since Lopunny is my favourite mega.

I would like to request an offensive team build around the core of Mega Aerodactyl and Gengar. Of course, anyone can change to a different set if it is not too viable.

+

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Mega Aerodactyl pairs well with Gengar because of its ability to take care of Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Amoongus and Gliscor who can either stomach Gengar's attacks or revenge kill it. In return, Gengar checks Clefable, Azumarill, Physically Def Rotom-W, Mew and Skarmory. It also lures Mega Sableye with Dazzling Gleam.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i would like to build a HO team with this core:

Sceptile-Mega (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

The core is a simple FWG with Victini being the core's wallbreaker, Gyarados the core's sweeper and Sceptile-M the revenge killer / late game cleaner. This core was posted by Omegasization on the good cores thread and i really like it, so if possible i would like you to build a Hyper offense team based around it. Thanks!

p2

Banned deucer.
core:
+

requested by: astroshagger on page 16 post 395
/

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 24 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

hi, I really enjoyed building with this core because offensive mega zor is such a good mon and ngl this has been one of the better cores given in this thread. So, some problems from using Sciz+Lati is that Skarm walls you pretty badly, Magnezone traps it and removes it allowing for easier opportunities to setup and win with CM Latios as well as Scizor. Mag also traps annoying things like Jirachi on Stall which can annoy Latios a ton. I took a different approach to this build and used Rotom as the main bird switchin because it accompanies the build well with spreading paralysis and momentum. Hoopa-U was kind of a strange choice for me at first but I find it really works well on the build its powerful enough to effectively revenge kill a bunch of threatening stuff to the team and is also decent at breaking slower mons too. Heatran plugs up some holes in opposing Heatran, improving the sand matchup a little, a Bisharp check since it kinda floors this build without fast WispTran and brings SR and rounds off the build nicely. Threats to the team include Mega Lopunny, Zard X, Electrics are annoying but Hoopa revenges them well.

The second version of the team just uses fast Wisp Rotom over Twave Rotom and Lando-T over Heatran. Because I removed a Bisharp check and put the team to a point where its 6-0d by Bisharp, I obviously needed to go back and change some sets, Rotom outspeeds Bisharp and gets a Wisp off while having Lando-T helps cover stuff like Lopunny, Zard X and helps Rotom in dealing with birds. Weavile is a threat to both teams since Scizor doesn't have Roost so just watch out for that, it's far from unbeatable but pretty annoying.

Enjoy!

I'll post the Lando + MGross core team sometime in the next few days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)