Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

ATENTION

With the whole lot of current unviable cores/weird cores that doesnt work together at all, me and the whole crew decided the we need to implement a new rule which is the next one:
- If you want a team with a Pokemon below or in the C+ rank of the OU Viability thread here you request must be only that single Pokemon; For example if you want a team around Hawlucha you cannot paired with another Pokemon even if are perfect together. Other way we wont take it or it would be rejected.
Ok, since Dugtrio + Talonflame is apparently a unviable core, I would like a team with just Dugtrio then :)

Dugtrio @ Custap Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Endure

I doesn't have to be with this set, i just wanted to play with this trapper, thanks in advance!

yo, I wanted a team built around mega shark. It is one of my favorite ou viable megas along with sableye and pinsir. I do not think I am particularly good at using it, though, nor am I beast at teambuilding, so I desired some assistance with that.

set I suppose would be

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Defense
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Protect
- Waterfall (hydro pump is overrated)
- Poison Jab/Ice Fang

but I'm not fussy, any set you feel like using works

Last edited:
+
+

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Great offensive synergy. Needs defensive support. Pretty basic sets. Probably offense. Encore on Zam for stall. Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Hello fam :3

+
+

Here is core I badly wanted to use because Volcanion and Klefki are some of my favorite Pokémons. Here, Volcanion has his pretty straightforward use: Special wallbreaker. From there, Klefki is my check to Landorus-T, Excadrill, the Lati twins, and other special attackers like Serperior and Gengar, but some physical attackers as well thanks to Klefki's fantastic typing, and provides amazing utility in Spikes and priority Thunder-Wave. Hippowdon is my check to the ground types that still frighten Volcanion and Klefki, and provides important physical defense and typing to take on strong threats like Terrakion, Talonflame, Charizard X and Mega Pinsir, for exemple. Here are the sets:

Ragtime Cat (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My keys..?! (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise

Gloria (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

The only thing I think that should be changed here is giving Stone Edge over Whirlwind for Hippo, as well as a maximum Defense investement.

Cookies and kisses in advance for anyone willing to make a team out of this core!

Okay, got a much better 'mon this time, mostly because I haven't seen this specific Scizor set on one of the already made teams. Maybe I missed it, or maybe there really hasn't been an Offensive SD Scizor team built here yet.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Like I said, I haven't seen this set on here yet (although I could have missed it.) It's a standard SD offense Mega Zor, and I like the idea of this set, albeit it's a fairly standard set, I just like how much more immediate power this set has over the bulky SD-roost set. However, I've never used it...in fact I'm just not good at building around Mega Zor, as I always get streamlined into using Heatran to cover fires, and that's not a good thing I'd imagine. I'd like to build an offense team with this set, as my offense teams seem to be going better than my balanced teams.

Hello builders. I would like to request a team around my favorite dragon Zygarde as I've been unable to build a successful team myself. Feel free to build around either a dragon dance set or the sub coil set as you think would fit the best for a bulky offence or balanced team. I would prefer if you could build around the sub coil set if possible. Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'd like to request a team based off of stallbreaker Zam:
alakazam-2.gif

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off

The oddball move on the set is Knock Off, which allows Zam to remove Chansey's Eviolite and things like Torn's Assault Vest. Gleam lets Zam 2HKO 252/144+ Sableye, while Psychic and Focus Blast are Zam staples.

Pairing this with something like Zard-Y, Volcarona, etc. or whatever appreciates Chansey's Eviolite gone or Torn's AV gone seems like the best route for this set. I'd prefer offense over balance, but if balance suits Zam better than that's fine..

Thanks in advance!

Hi, builders! Going through team list, I realized there wasn't many of them with a Terrakion in it. For that reason, I'd like one of you to build a Fighting-spam team with CB Terrakion and M-Lopunny.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Quick Attack

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch / Ice Punch

When combined together these two can break down each other's checks and counters and wreak havoc on the opposing team. Sets can be changed for the benefit of the team(although, I'd really like it if Terrakion could keep its Choice Band).

Have fun! Ü

Reactions: TPP

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I'd like to request a team based off of stallbreaker Zam:
View attachment 62784
Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off

The oddball move on the set is Knock Off, which allows Zam to remove Chansey's Eviolite and things like Torn's Assault Vest. Gleam lets Zam 2HKO 252/144+ Sableye, while Psychic and Focus Blast are Zam staples.

Pairing this with something like Zard-Y, Volcarona, etc. or whatever appreciates Chansey's Eviolite gone or Torn's AV gone seems like the best route for this set. I'd prefer offense over balance, but if balance suits Zam better than that's fine..

Thanks in advance!
Taking

Reactions: dk
Hey Builders, I would like to request a team centering around Toxicroak.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

I believe with so many water types running around that Toxicroak could be very niche because it can switch in and setup on Water types like Keldeo who are usually choice locked or Bulky waters such as CM+RD Manaphy, Suicine and the likes. Basically any water type lacking the reliable coverage to hit it back super effectively Toxicroak will beat. Toxicroak also has the added bonus of having a good match-up against most fairy types along with a nice resist against dark thanks to its fighting typing allowing it to pseudo check most of the dark types in the tier. In regards to playstyle I am leaning more towards offense as baring its resists Toxicroak is quite frail. Thank you for your time!! :-]

Last edited:
hello all, I saw this rain core in the Good Cores Thread and would love a team made around it. After my last foray into rain, I figured basing it around a more solid mon (i.e. an A+ Mega) would prove more effective.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Toxic
- Rest

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn/Superpower/Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Hey! I'm pretty new to OU, so I need help making a team around Haxorus

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance/ Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw/ Outrage
- Poison Jab/ Superpower

I know, not the best dragon type, but he can definitely put in some work if used correctly. I really want to use this Pokemon, but I don't know what else to use with him. Dragon Dance or Swords Dance to raise his attack to titanic levels. Dragon Claw or Outrage for strong stab options. Earthquake for coverage against steel, fire, electric, poison, and rock types. Poison Jab for coverage on Fairies, or Superpower for something like Chansey. This thing has some potential, but I'd like to know what else to put on a team with him.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello builders. I would like to request a team around my favorite dragon Zygarde as I've been unable to build a successful team myself. Feel free to build around either a dragon dance set or the sub coil set as you think would fit the best for a bulky offence or balanced team. I would prefer if you could build around the sub coil set if possible. Thanks in advance.
Hey man, if you read the rules we need the set here and explained why you would like that set, as you only mentioned the set and you not put the set at all we feel lost here, so next time the shop is open make sure to read rules.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
DennisEG didn't thank me because he is my reincarnated self. What you see here is myself as a ghost commenting and congrats to FV and urban. I would say I wish you all the best but only nice people say that and it would be completely out of character to think positive.

Ok boys (and girls), time to claim stuff! Its a shame my own workshop has been dead for a year, but this will get me back in shape to continue in the summer!

That being said, I'm taking the following cores:

littlelucario's Mega medi + canion
aimless's Starmie + Toge + Mega Zor
ProffesorMasterChief's Hydreigon + Mega Gross
Gammafire's Gengar + Bish

Also will be posting teams for the following as soon as I can (as I already have them built):

DownAbove's Terrakion + Mega Zor
Fugly2's Reuniclus + Keldeo
doozy's Politoed + Kingdra + Mega Zor

I'm also interested in the following cores and will take them, but will probably more take time to finish due to increased difficulty or me just not having a head start on them:

blueman164's Offensive Mega Zor
Bengsu's Toxicroak
Raging swampert's Haxorus

[5/30/16, 10:43:25 PM] jacob: jesus FV
[5/30/16, 10:43:33 PM] jacob: your like AM on fucking crack

doozy

Atlantis (Politoed) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Rest

High Tide (Kingdra) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Atonement (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Guardians (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 68 Def / 76 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Break Loose (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Restless (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
Oldie but a goodie. I used this to qualify for OLT while rain was really good in the meta at the time, and I still think this squad is pretty solid. The keystone to the team is MZor; it checks a shittton of offensive attackers that are threatening, especially ones that are threatening to rain, like MZam or Lop. It also lures in Fire-Types and Bulky grounds, which is pretty much perfect to get in your kindra or kabu and start tearing teams to shreds. My current spread is to outrun slower rotoms to get off u-turn chip, with bulk to better handle gard and lop, and the atk to ohko most av torns after rocks with +2, which is critical to scizor's function as an endgame sweeper. Feel free to make scizor slower and bulkier; 359 defense avoids the 2hko from lop, and 124 sdef evs avoids the 2hko from zam focus blast (i doubt you'll get enough free evs to invest in sdef though). The rest of the team is incredibly straightforward. If you face an electric type like manec, some good predicts can allow you to get up rocks and ~5 turns of rain with kingdra in while only losing chomp; just keep a lot of pressure up on their team and the elec won't have time to defeat you. If you face thundurus, have one rain sweeper remove it for the other. Hf and let me know how it goes :D

Fugly2

Light of Dawn (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Runaway (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Ethereal (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 168 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

So Far Away (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Small Losses (Keldeo) @ Mystic Water
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Open Your Eyes (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 76 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This squad is easily one of my most consistent and favorite ORAS teams, and its pretty much the only one I spammed in whichever oras smogtours I was able to participate in (also Shoka won one of his later OST games with this team without any prior experience). One characteristic of this team that makes me enjoy it so much is how versatile it can be, getting neutral to good matchups vs most squads. Reuni was obviously the focal point of my build, and I paired it with Manectric for some reason that I have now forgotten (I do remember, however, that I really wanted to avoid using MLati (I felt people were slapping it on teams without much thought)) - regardless, the duo works extremely well to to beat down on a large variety of playstyles. Reuni could use Shadow Ball to help out vs psychics like meta/mie and also hit sableye, but i've liked focus blast for its ability to hit steels a bit harder so I use that instead. Resttalk keld provides a reliable bisharp / other dark and scizor check that can last throughout the game while also placing offensive pressure, which is really good. Chople Tar is simply an amazing mon that gives me a way out vs so many major threats in this metagame like MZam, Torn, or Zard-X, and pursuit trapping for manectric and keldeo is simply perfect. TWave may be mexican, but it can be crucial in aiding a reuniclus sweep if timed right, and also provides the team some protection against BD Azumarill. SDef skarm fits pretty perfectly here, giving me an element of hazard stack while also handling a multitude of threats thanks to the special bulk and natural physical defense. Because of the support from resttalk keld (which helps against weavile alongside skarm, for example) and reuni (which can semi-handle mmeta for this team alongside skarm, for example), the reduced physical defense doesn't bother me at all. Amoonguss completes the team by providing a solid answer to offensive waters and just a plethora of stuff in general, while clear smog is extremely useful especially alongside twave support, and regen gives me a lot of freedom when playing with guss.

The only concern that has really been brought up with this team to me is the lack of hazard removal and mega sableye, but the combination of reuni + guss + my own hazards helps immensely in the hazard game when sableye is not involved (I have, for example, beaten stall by utilizing mostly just my own hazards and endless switching between reuni and amoonguss). A lot of starmie balance teams are heavily pressured by reuniclus, so the matchup issue here is rarely impossible. Sableye is also difficult but its not unreasonable to manage depending on the team support it has. Regardless, using Shadow Ball > Focus Blast on reuni solves a lot of the problems here. Otherwise, the team is very good and consistent (at least, for me), so I'm very happy with what I have. Volcanion technically murks this team unless you outplay it (they're gonna spam steam eruption, and if they don't, at least you can pursuit it. hazards also wear it down fast)

DownAbove (I also have a team with manaphy > rotom and amoonguss > latios, if you like that better, just lmk and i'll post it)

Wasted Summer (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Rock Slide / Iron Head

Back2You (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snatch

Synchronize (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 140 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Pursuit

Heartbeat (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Love You Now (Latios) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

The Girl (Heatran) (F) @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
Ok, so I modified your core to be pursuit scizor, partly because that's what I already had, and partly because it fits well with terrak to remove the mons that can check it like latios or alakazam. The Evs on zor are for Zam and to avoid the 2hko from banded azumarill. The last 4 mons is a pretty neat combination that ends up just turning out a solid squad; I've ended up using it with modifications several times. Rotom fits really nicely with scizor, especially when the team is based around getting momentum to abuse a really strong wallbreaker (run twave if you fear zard-x). Scarf lando gives this team some speed and a check to physical attackers, while heatran is the rocker that's using pherb solar beam to chunk rotoms and to mess up starmie balance teams. Specs Latios was chosen here because you can trick stuff like suicune, and also 2hko clefable on the switch, pressuring teams with ttar to go to them a lot more often (which means you have more chances to get in terrak and dish out the pain). I'm still looking on ways to improve this and have some variants, so lmk how it goes :]

e: the tyrrany of dennis and starry blanket strikes. I'll use pokestadium sprites next :3

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

doozy

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Rest

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
Oldie but a goodie. I used this to qualify for OLT while rain was really good in the meta at the time, and I still think this squad is pretty solid. The keystone to the team is MZor; it checks a shittton of offensive attackers that are threatening, especially ones that are threatening to rain, like MZam or Lop. It also lures in Fire-Types and Bulky grounds, which is pretty much perfect to get in your kindra or kabu and start tearing teams to shreds. My current spread is to outrun slower rotoms to get off u-turn chip, with bulk to better handle gard and lop, and the atk to ohko most av torns after rocks with +2, which is critical to scizor's function as an endgame sweeper. Feel free to make scizor slower and bulkier; 359 defense avoids the 2hko from lop, and 124 sdef evs avoids the 2hko from zam focus blast (i doubt you'll get enough free evs to invest in sdef though). The rest of the team is incredibly straightforward. If you face an electric type like manec, some good predicts can allow you to get up rocks and ~5 turns of rain with kingdra in while only losing chomp; just keep a lot of pressure up on their team and the elec won't have time to defeat you. If you face thundurus, have one rain sweeper remove it for the other. Hf and let me know how it goes :D

Fugly2

Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This squad is easily one of my most consistent and favorite ORAS teams, and its pretty much the only one I spammed in whichever oras smogtours I was able to participate in (also Shoka won one of his later OST games with this team without any prior experience). One characteristic of this team that makes me enjoy it so much is how versatile it can be, getting neutral to good matchups vs most squads. Reuni was obviously the focal point of my build, and I paired it with Manectric for some reason that I have now forgotten (I do remember, however, that I really wanted to avoid using MLati (I felt people were slapping it on teams without much thought)) - regardless, the duo works extremely well to to beat down on a large variety of playstyles. Reuni could use Shadow Ball to help out vs psychics like meta/mie and also hit sableye, but i've liked focus blast for its ability to hit steels a bit harder so I use that instead. Resttalk keld provides a reliable bisharp / other dark and scizor check that can last throughout the game while also placing offensive pressure, which is really good. Chople Tar is simply an amazing mon that gives me a way out vs so many major threats in this metagame like MZam, Torn, or Zard-X, and pursuit trapping for manectric and keldeo is simply perfect. TWave may be mexican, but it can be crucial in aiding a reuniclus sweep if timed right, and also provides the team some protection against BD Azumarill. SDef skarm fits pretty perfectly here, giving me an element of hazard stack while also handling a multitude of threats thanks to the special bulk and natural physical defense. Because of the support from resttalk keld (which helps against weavile alongside skarm, for example) and reuni (which can semi-handle mmeta for this team alongside skarm, for example), the reduced physical defense doesn't bother me at all. Amoonguss completes the team by providing a solid answer to offensive waters and just a plethora of stuff in general, while clear smog is extremely useful especially alongside twave support, and regen gives me a lot of freedom when playing with guss.

The only concern that has really been brought up with this team to me is the lack of hazard removal and mega sableye, but the combination of reuni + guss + my own hazards helps immensely in the hazard game when sableye is not involved (I have, for example, beaten stall by utilizing mostly just my own hazards and endless switching between reuni and amoonguss). A lot of starmie balance teams are heavily pressured by reuniclus, so the matchup issue here is rarely impossible. Sableye is also difficult but its not unreasonable to manage depending on the team support it has. Regardless, using Shadow Ball > Focus Blast on reuni solves a lot of the problems here. Otherwise, the team is very good and consistent (at least, for me), so I'm very happy with what I have. Volcanion technically murks this team unless you outplay it (they're gonna spam steam eruption, and if they don't, at least you can pursuit it. hazards also wear it down fast)

DownAbove (I also have a team with manaphy > rotom and amoonguss > latios, if you like that better, just lmk and i'll post it)

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Rock Slide / Iron Head

Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snatch

Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Pursuit

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
Ok, so I modified your core to be pursuit scizor, partly because that's what I already had, and partly because it fits well with terrak to remove the mons that can check it like latios or alakazam. The Evs on zor are for Zam and to avoid the 2hko from banded azumarill. The last 4 mons is a pretty neat combination that ends up just turning out a solid squad; I've ended up using it with modifications several times. Rotom fits really nicely with scizor, especially when the team is based around getting momentum to abuse a really strong wallbreaker (run twave if you fear zard-x). Scarf lando gives this team some speed and a check to physical attackers, while heatran is the rocker that's using pherb solar beam to chunk rotoms and to mess up starmie balance teams. Specs Latios was chosen here because you can trick stuff like suicune, and also 2hko clefable on the switch, pressuring teams with ttar to go to them a lot more often (which means you have more chances to get in terrak and dish out the pain). I'm still looking on ways to improve this and have some variants, so lmk how it goes :]

e: the tyrrany of dennis and starry blanket strikes. I'll use pokestadium sprites next :3
Thanks man! Squad seems good, a bit weak to stall due to Mega Sab and Tran being the only stallbreaker but solid regardless. I'll be sure to try out both builds.

Last edited:
Thanks man! Squad seems good, a bit weak to stall due to Mega Sab and Tran being the only stallbreaker but solid regardless. I'll be sure to try out both builds.
If you intend this for ladder play (I keep forgetting how often stall crops up there), the squad with manaphy may be better instead, but a well played terrak + tran can be enough to break stall as well.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic / Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play / Stun Spore

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic / Earth Power

lmk how it goes! n_n

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Evening fellow builders. With the recent metagame trends Nidoking has proven to have gotten better, and has been given more chances to shine in OU. Mega Scizor stood out as a great partner for Nidoking by being able to check the fast mons that threaten Nidoking, while using U-Turn to create synergy with Nidoking to KO or weaken its major counters (Rotom-W, Skarmory, Heatran). Pursuit could also eliminate Latis which are another potential threat to Nidoking and rather nice to eliminate by surprise. So without further ado; I'd like to request a team around the core of Nidoking and Bulky Mega Scizor:

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 200 SpD / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Pursuit

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
taking

doozy

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Rest

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Fugly2

Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Rock Slide / Iron Head

Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snatch

Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Pursuit

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

you're the fricken man dude

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Core:

Lopunny-Mega (M) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Tangrowth (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed / Stun Spore

Hey GnralLao! The core is pretty fun and I went with X-Scissor on Terrakion to hit Grass types and bulky Psychic types namely Tangrowth, Slowbro and Mega Latias. So after starting with the core, I wanted something that could handle flying types and provide momentum to get Mega Lop and Terrakion in safely (since neither one of them really want to switch into anything), so Rotom-Wash fit the bill. So at that point, grass types like Tangrowth and Breloom really annoyed the team, so I went with Torn-T to have something that can KO them, and also give me a Volt-Turn core with Rotom-Wash. Torn-T also provides a Keldeo switch in and I went with Heat Wave in order to hit Mega Scizor, since offensive variants are annoying for the team. I added Heatran to better handle Mega Scizor, provide Stealth Rocks, switch into Latios and also give me something that can handle Clefable with Taunt. It also sorta gave me an electric type switch in, so that was another good point to add it. Toxic hits bulky waters like Rotom-Wash and Slowbro and can also hit Zard-X, so that'll limit it from sweeping if you can use Fake Out to extend Toxic's damage. Finally, I wanted a Mega Lopunny switch in and also something that could help with with opposing water types namely Mega Slowbro, so I went with Physically Defensive Tangrowth. The final slot can be Leech Seed or Stun Spore, as either chipping away at opposing mons or going with Double Powder can work.

As for threats, watch out for Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir, Weavile, and Mega Alakazam as you'll usually have to revenge kill them after sacking a mon.

Hope you like it :toast:

Core:

Lopunny-Mega (M) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Tangrowth (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed / Stun Spore

Hey GnralLao! The core is pretty fun and I went with X-Scissor on Terrakion to hit Grass types and bulky Psychic types namely Tangrowth, Slowbro and Mega Latias. So after starting with the core, I wanted something that could handle flying types and provide momentum to get Mega Lop and Terrakion in safely (since neither one of them really want to switch into anything), so Rotom-Wash fit the bill. So at that point, grass types like Tangrowth and Breloom really annoyed the team, so I went with Torn-T to have something that can KO them, and also give me a Volt-Turn core with Rotom-Wash. Torn-T also provides a Keldeo switch in and I went with Heat Wave in order to hit Mega Scizor, since offensive variants are annoying for the team. I added Heatran to better handle Mega Scizor, provide Stealth Rocks, switch into Latios and also give me something that can handle Clefable with Taunt. It also sorta gave me an electric type switch in, so that was another good point to add it. Toxic hits bulky waters like Rotom-Wash and Slowbro and can also hit Zard-X, so that'll limit it from sweeping if you can use Fake Out to extend Toxic's damage. Finally, I wanted a Mega Lopunny switch in and also something that could help with with opposing water types namely Mega Slowbro, so I went with Physically Defensive Tangrowth. The final slot can be Leech Seed or Stun Spore, as either chipping away at opposing mons or going with Double Powder can work.

As for threats, watch out for Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir, Weavile, and Mega Alakazam as you'll usually have to revenge kill them after sacking a mon.

Hope you like it :toast:
Thanks a lot, man! The team looks so much fun to use! Gonna try it asap! Ü

+
+

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Great offensive synergy. Needs defensive support. Pretty basic sets. Probably offense. Encore on Zam for stall. Thank you in advance
Taking. Will probably change a move or two on Bisharp and maybe Alakazam.
Now that the thread is open, posting the core again n_n

+

Pretty simple core, medicham has gotten a lot better lately and Hydreigon pretty much destroys fat psychics which can be annoying for medicham, while medicham takes care of things like Spdef Heatran or Chansey.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Sets can be changed if needed, thanks in advance.
Taking this one too. Again, might mess with movesets here too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)