Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Hidden Power Ice

The team needs an Electric immunity, a Mega Lopunny check, and sand sweeper check, and we're at the point where a Stealth Rock user is appreciated. Moreover, the main core could use some support against Landorus-Therian, a Knock Off user that checks check Mega Lopunny (our current Koff switchin). Enter Landorus-Therian. EQ and Stealth Rock are self-explanatory. A Smack Down on the switch humiliates opponents that rely on Ground immunities to check Lando (Weezing, Rotom forms, Skarmory, Zapdos). Hidden Power Ice lures Tangrowth and opposing Lando-T's, forcing the former out and crippling the latter. The EVs are standard for a defensive Lando.

It still needs to pivot around on Electric-types that carry HP Ice, but as long as we get them to not click Volt Switch we don't have to lose momentum.

E: went with a less wonky set to improve reliability and durability.

Last edited:

Stallbreaker Gliscor

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt / Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Kinda similar to Lando-T, except you trade away the Stealth Rocks and checking PhysDef Tangrowth, and gain Taunt, checking Torn-T and Gengar, and an answer to Prankster TWave and status spread. Impish is chosen over Careful to beat Adamant LO Excadrill and sand in general. Knock Off is especially useful in getting rid of Life Orbs from the likes of Torn-T and Thundurus, which drastically dampens their damage output against offensive teams, while Taunt is useful against Klefki, Meloetta, defensive Moltres and opposing Steels that carry status to lock out TWave and WoW in particular. SD can be picked over Taunt if the team requires it, especially if the team support isn't as necessary.

Last edited:
ok yup obvious winner here
Here's our pretty little team so far

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch / Healing Wish

Porygon-Z @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Thunder Punch / Fire Punch
- Healing Wish / Fire Punch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt / Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Submissions for the next member are open, I may or may not edit this later with one.
We'll be putting this team in the sample teams section of the OM thread so there's that

THE DROUGHT IS OVER (i've never felt this blue-balled from a near-unanimous vote in my entire life, oml)

anyways, gonna drop another nom.

RocksTar

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Latios and Torn-T are scary against the team if given the opportunity, and birdspam can wreck Lopunny and Pory-Z, and can chip down Jirachi if it's forced to take the hits for too long. Offensive Garchomp / Lando-T are also massive pains, and you better be smoking some A-grade ganja if you're gonna tell me that an Ice Punch-less Jirachi and Gliscor are enough to take them on.

Also, we need rocks.

To help combat this, RocksTar (pun entirely intended) seems to be the best option here. Pursuit lets you handle Latios/Psychic-types and potentially pop a hole in Torn-T alongside Gliscor. Gameplan-wise, it's best to have Gliscor get rid of Torn's LO if it carries it, to avoid the OHKO from Superpower. Surprisingly, you can take exactly one Focus Blast from Mega Pidgeot and OHKO back with Stone Edge. Probably best to have Healing Wish on either M-Lop or Rachi in case an untimely miss throws the game. Ice Beam + Shuca Berry is for the aforementioned SD Ground-types, which both die horribly with a little bit of prior damage either from SR, Jirachi's U-turn, deliberately switching in on TTar's other attacks, or any combination of the three.

I might suggest Virizion for the next nomination because holy hell SD Virizion cleans up bulky waters alongside Pory-Z.

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

One thing this team struggles with is opposing fast attackers. Anything Lopunny can't bring down such as Keldeo, Tornadus, Latios, will be problematic. It also doesn't have much to deal with setup sweepers aside from Gliscor's taunt. With Thunder Wave, Latias can slow things down so Porygon-Z can shred them up. Thunderbolt and ice beam are also good coverage to have so Jirachi can have Fire Punch and Lopunny doesn't feel like it's missing out without Ice Punch. Roost is just good recovery as the synergy with Jirachi against fellow Latis and anyone packing ice coverage.

Pursuit trapping could be an issue but with some clever double switches, lopunny comes in easy to deal with dark types.

This team could also benefit greatly from Tyranitar for the rock coverage, stealth rock, and being the only one you want taking dark type hits. I'd put them both if I could.

tfw smogon stops alerting you to this thread

anyways as mentioned above we really need some speed control and also Ice Beam to handle a few threats, also some hazard control would be cool. not to mention that if sand teams have a way around Gliscor they can be really troublesome.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Starmie is one of a few Rapid Spin users that opposing Porygon-Z can't switch into, since it's liable to either get OHKOed by Analytic Hydro Pump or rekt by T-Wave (and we do need a Pory-Z check) on the switch. Thunder Wave does the same thing that it does on CM Clefable -- it doesn't KO anything, but it still "covers" a wide range of checks that no single attacking move could let Starmie handle.

If we run this we pretty much have to run Tyranitar in the last slot but it's basically the most splashable thing in Theorymon so that's not a big deal.

Last edited:
Okay so I looked at the team that is currently there and immediately thought "Mega Gyarados has guaranteed OHKO's on everything except Mega Lopunny at +1, which is 50% chance to OHKO. I guess it could be left with an Achilles heel to Mega Gyarados, but I'd personally prefer to suggest a fast pokemon check that works well against everything bar opposing electric types:

Thundurus Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature/Naive Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Focus Blast/Knock Off
-Thunder Wave

Thunder Wave is the key move here. Because it has +1 priority, it can be used to cripple set up sweepers like Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard X. Hidden Power Ice gets Garchomp, which otherwise may wear out Mega Lopunny, while also hitting a few other notable threats like Gliscor and Landorus-T. Focus Blast brings some additional fighting coverage to the table that can easily 2HKO things like Mega Aggron that can threaten Mega Lopunny (no guranteed 2HKO with hjk). Knock Off hurts Latios and takes its Life Orb away while also crippling Chansey and taking leftovers from other defensive mons, so it is another good option; however, it works better with a Naive nature, so Thundurus loses some bulk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)