Resource Pet Mods Workshop

Not only that, there was also Eevee'd back in gen 7, where it was pretty much the same thing but mons would get 5 or 6 evos instead of 2 or 3. It was a pretty fun so I wouldn't mind seeing it brought back.
Wow! That is awesome! (also much better name XD)
I just checked out the old thread, it looked really cool. After looking at it, I also am going to edit some of my idea to match with it so it makes more sense

Edit: just fixed it, any *new* advice?

Last edited:
if re-evolved gets rejected, i'm planning this

Name: TrainerMons
Concept: This Pet Mod focuses on turning Trainers into Pokemon. I know that sounds really wacky but there will be a few restrictions every slate.
Rules: None yet, if you wanna suggest some go right ahead!!
Council: Just me for now. If you wanna join the council feel free to send me a DM.

Misty turned into a Pokemon:
Name: Mystish (Misty + Fish)
Typing: Water/Fairy
Abilities: Drizzle / Triage
Stats: 70 / 55 / 78 / 122 / 100 / 125 (BST: 550)
Moveset: TBA
Flavor: TBA
Competitive Overview (optional): Since this is optional, none.
Sets (also optional): Since this is optional, there will also be none.

if re-evolved gets rejected, i'm planning this

Name: TrainerMons
Concept: This Pet Mod focuses on turning Trainers into Pokemon. I know that sounds really wacky but there will be a few restrictions every slate.
Rules: None yet, if you wanna suggest some go right ahead!!
Council: Just me for now. If you wanna join the council feel free to send me a DM.

Misty turned into a Pokemon:
Name: Mystish (Misty + Fish)
Typing: Water/Fairy
Abilities: Drizzle / Triage
Stats: 70 / 55 / 78 / 122 / 100 / 125 (BST: 550)
Moveset: TBA
Flavor: TBA
Competitive Overview (optional): Since this is optional, none.
Sets (also optional): Since this is optional, there will also be none.
Oh. It's the suggestion I made in the Discord. Naturally I support it (Though it would have been nice to let me know first)

Oh. It's the suggestion I made in the Discord. Naturally I support it (Though it would have been nice to let me know first)
Oops, sorry for not reading the disc sooner or later for you, at least your suggestion is now a thing in the workshop!

wanted to try out a new pet mod now since I have more free time.

Name: Random Pool
Concept: Create a micrometa using already existing pokemon. However, the only usable pokemon will be from a small pool (~25) randomly generated at the start of the mod.
Rules:
-The first slate will be a quick reroll slate, where users will vote on which pokemon, if any, should be rerolled.
-Then the normal slates will begin, where users will submit edited versions of the pokemon in the pool to add to the meta as certain archetypes.
-You can change pretty much anything about the pokemon you submit, including its typing, stats, abilities, or movepool, or create new moves and abilities, as long as they are both balanced & easy to code.
-Then there will be a voting phase, where users will vote for the best/most interesting pokemon for each archetype. In the event where 1 pokemon wins 2 categories, or 2 pokemon tie for the same category, a tiebreak will occur.

Questions to be answered:
Is this different enough from other micrometas using existing pokemon (Such as the Clean Slates or Alternatium)? If not, what could be changed to make this Pet Mod more unique?

Name: Movemons
Concept: Turns a Pokemon into a move, and turn a move into a Pokemon. Format based on National Dex OU.
Rules:
  • Every Pokemons can be turned into move determine by their type(s), abilities, and stats. Keeps the same name.
    • Type must be primary or secondary type.
    • Category must determine by highest attacking stat (Status moves can be made regardless of this rule).
    • Base Power must be 3/4 highest attacking stat (2/3 if that stat is more than 150), rounded down.
    • PP and Accuracy is "just make it balance".
    • Secondary effects must be that Pokemon 1 or 2 Abilities effect.
    • Pokemon that is already turns into move can't be used anymore (ex. Ampharos as a Pokemon can't be used anymore after it's turns into move)
  • Every moves can be turned into Pokemon determine by their type, secondary effect(s), and what would make sense. Keeps the same name.
    • Type must be just its type, but also can be its type + effect type likes
      • Burn = Fire (Will-O-Wisp)
      • Confuse = Ghost (Confuse Ray)
      • Freeze = Ice (Yeah, that)
      • Paralysis = Electric (Thunder Wave)
      • Poison, Toxic = Poison (Poison Gas, Toxic)
      • Rain-based = Water (Rain Dance)
      • Sun-based = Fire (Sunny Day)
    • Stats must be the BP multiplied by < 3/2, rounded down.
    • BST must not exceed 600.
    • Abilities must be from the Pokemons normally learn this moves.
    • Move can learn all Pokemons that can learn them normally (ex. Scald can learn Blastoise, Araquanid, Emboar, and more).
    • Move that is already turns into Pokemon can's be learnt anymore (ex. Magnezone can't learn Flash Cannon if Flash Cannon is already turns into Pokemon)
  • For Submissions Phase, Participants may submit 6 Move to Mon and 6 Mon to Move at the maximum amount each slate.
  • For Voting Phase, Participants may vote for 6 Move to Mon and 6 Mon to Move with 2 self votes each.
Submission Formats & Examples:
Move:
Type:
Category:
Base Power:
Power Point:
Accuracy:
Secondary Effects:
Explanation:
Pokemon:
Type:
HP:
Atk:
Def:
SpA:
SpD:
Spe:
BST:
Abilities:
Explanation:
Move: Yanmega
Type: Flying (Yanmega secondary type)
Category: Special (Yanmega highest attacking stat)
Base Power: 77 (Yanmega 2/3 Special Attack stat)
Power Point: 24 (balanced)
Accuracy: 100% (balanced)
Secondary Effects: Raises user's Speed by 1 stage (Speed Boost) and reveals target's item (Frisk).
Explanation: All are above.
Pokemon: Freezing Glare
Type: Psychic / Ice (Its type / freeze effect)
HP: 60 (BP × 2/3)
Atk: 75 (BP × 5/6)
Def: 75 (BP × 5/6)
SpA: 120 (BP × 4/3)
SpD: 75 (BP × 5/6)
Spe: 90 (BP)
BST: 495
Abilities: Competitive (Articuno-Galar ability)
Explanation: All are above.

Miscellaneous:
Q: Is this kind of pet mod exist yet?
A: Nope.
Q: Should I add, change or remove some rules?
A: No one is answer nor suggest anything, so Nope.
Q: Coder & Councils? (DM if interesting)
A: Coder, I guess it's a work for coder to do. Council, is only me.
Q: What should I do about Megas, Forms, Z-moves, and G-max moves?
A: Nothing in the question will exist in this mod except for Forms which will be treated as a separate move.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Pet Mod Name: Regional Dex
Pet Mod Concept: Regional Dex is a micro meta where we will release 40 evolution lines and try to create a balanced metagame. Basically, just like generation 8 did, we will limit the number of available pokemon.
Explanation: Most slates, especially the early ones, will have a certain role in mind (Defensive pokemon, pivot...). During the submission phase, users will be able to submit 4 evolution lines. For the voting phase, users will be able to vote for their 6 favotire submission and can self-vote for half the amount of pokemon they submitted rounded up (1-2 subs=1SV, 3-4 subs=2SV). The 2 evolution lines with the most votes will get added to the micro-meta. (Pre-evolutions will also be added in case they are viable in some way) The metagame will end with 40 pokemon.

Questions:
-Should the slates and overall metagame contain more winning pokemon? If so, should we also try to make an Under Used metagame for the mod?
-Should we allow the removal of certain moves/hidden abilities of certain pokemon? Seeing as the goal of the mod is to make a balanced micro-metegame with vanilla pokemon, would move or ability removal make sense within the context of the mod?

A Beta Life
(a pun on "a better life")

Not that similar ideas have been proposed before... The development process of Generations 1 and 2 included various designs that were scrapped from final releases include never before seen lines and mons like Gorochu, the former being missed opportunities for publicity and the latter being great potential for branched evolutions.

Every slate will focus on one (theoretical) line of those scrapped Pokémon. Their (recreated or extracted) designs will always be revealed, and their planned types and theoretical English names might be as well. The pet mods' job is to give these mons and their lines new lives under National Dex Gen 8 standards, ranging from: names, evolutionary links that make sense for that generation, up to two abilities (and an optional hidden ability), types, base stats, level up movepools, and TM/TR/HM movepools. The TM/TR/HM movepools consist of the TM/TRs from Gen 8 and the TMs/HMs from Gen 4. Egg moves and tutor moves from Gen 4 will be ignored. Reasoning for at least three of these criteria for each mon presented in the slate must be included (from: names, evolutionary linkage, types, abilities, base stats).

Beta moves and types from those two generations have been excised, so no more Bird types. New signature moves and abilities for these mons will almost always be prohibited unless stated otherwise. If we ever get to doing starter mons, keep in mind their abilities must always be Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent and a single hidden ability.

Voting is similar to Megas for All's instant runoff voting system except rankings are ignored, every user's submissions are judged based on how much votes it has received over others.

(Front sprite of Pokémon)
Name (if applicable):
Types (if applicable):
Evolutionary links (if applicable):
Base Stats:
HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Speed (BST: ---)
Abilities: -/- (HA: -)
Level up movepool:
TM/HM/TR movepool:

Reasoning:

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
A Beta Life

Not that similar ideas have been proposed before... The development process of Generations 1 and 2 included various designs that were scrapped from final releases include never before seen lines and mons like Gorochu, the former being missed opportunities for publicity and the latter being great potential for branched evolutions.

Every slate will focus on one (theoretical) line of those scrapped Pokémon. Their (recreated or extracted) designs will always be revealed, and their planned types and theoretical English names might be as well. The pet mods' job is to give these mons and their lines new lives under National Dex Gen 8 standards, ranging from: names, evolutionary links that make sense for that generation, up to two abilities (and an optional hidden ability), types, base stats, level up movepools, and TM/TR/HM movepools. The TM/TR/HM movepools consist of the TM/TRs from Gen 8 and the TMs/HMs from Gen 4. Egg moves and tutor moves from Gen 4 will be ignored. Reasoning for at least three of these criteria for each mon presented in the slate must be included (from: names, evolutionary linkage, types, abilities, base stats).

Beta moves and types from those two generations have been excised, so no more Bird types. New signature moves and abilities for these mons will almost always be prohibited unless stated otherwise. If we ever get to doing starter mons, keep in mind their abilities must always be Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent and a single hidden ability.

Voting is similar to Megas for All's instant runoff voting system except rankings are ignored, every user's submissions are judged based on how much votes it has received over others.

Name (if applicable):
Types (if applicable):
Base Stats:
Level up movepool:
TM/HM/TR movepool:

Reasoning:
Sorry, man.

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
A Beta Life
Got a couple questions and thoughts on this one, figured I’d throw them out there.

To be fair, my idea was quite different...
How exactly does this differentiate itself from The Lost Mons? At a glance, the only thing I notice beyond sub/voting guidelines is the TM system.

...level up movepools, and TM/TR/HM movepools. The TM/TR/HM movepools consist of the TM/TRs from Gen 8 and the TMs/HMs from Gen 4. Egg moves and tutor moves from Gen 4 will be ignored.
What’s the logic behind adding in Gen 4 TMs/HMs? BDSP? Beyond that, having a full list TM/TR/HM moves required as a part of the submission may prove unnecessarily difficult and discourage people from wanting to sub their ideas, which is why mods that aim for a similar level of game-accuracy in their movepools, like Gen X and DLCmons, give people the option of just including notable moves in their submissions, with the submitter or council finishing the flavour side of the movepool after the slate if the sub wins. Might be worth looking into that kind of thing.

Reasoning for at least three of these criteria for each mon presented in the slate must be included (from: names, evolutionary linkage, types, abilities, base stats).
What’s the point of this kind of reasoning system? At first I thought it was a take on the role description required in many other mods, but that wouldn’t give the option of the name or evolutionary link, so is this for competitive reasoning or flavour reasoning or both or ???

Edit: Was just told that you’ve already submitted, so I’m too late lol. FWIW, you don’t need to post here before submitting, this is just the place to get feedback on your mod ideas.

Last edited:
What’s the logic behind adding in Gen 4 TMs/HMs? BDSP? Beyond that, having a full list TM/TR/HM moves required as a part of the submission may prove unnecessarily difficult and discourage people from wanting to sub their ideas, which is why mods that aim for a similar level of game-accuracy in their movepools, like Gen X and DLCmons, give people the option of just including notable moves in their submissions, with the submitter or council finishing the flavour side of the movepool after the slate if the sub wins. Might be worth looking into that kind of thing.
I can consolidate the movepool section into a single movepool/notable moves field if that is of your concern.
How exactly does this differentiate itself from The Lost Mons? At a glance, the only thing I notice beyond sub/voting guidelines is the TM system.

What’s the point of this kind of reasoning system? At first I thought it was a take on the role description required in many other mods, but that wouldn’t give the option of the name or evolutionary link, so is this for competitive reasoning or flavour reasoning or both or ???
The description of the mod doesn't give much in the way of whether or not existing names, types, or such of such scrapped mons were kept.

The reasoning area is there for both competitive and flavour reasoning.

A Beta Life

Name (if applicable):
Types (if applicable):
Base Stats:
Level up movepool:
TM/HM/TR movepool:

Reasoning:
Yeah I know I’m late to this, but this is quite literally The Lost Mons with TMs (which is not that good), so I wouldn’t be shocked if it was rejected. I recommend you come up with a new idea for a Pet Mod and scrap this one.

Yeah I know I’m late to this, but this is quite literally The Lost Mons with TMs (which is not that good), so I wouldn’t be shocked if it was rejected. I recommend you come up with a new idea for a Pet Mod and scrap this one.
The Lost Mons wasn't as detailed as this attempt. I couldn't interpret how the scrapped mons were going to be treated since there has been some names theorized for them already by other people that i thought was going to be dropped along with their types, if they had any. The mods would have to decided which is better though. Either version of this general idea could die while the other lives on with its own thread.

The Lost Mons wasn't as detailed as this attempt. I couldn't interpret how the scrapped mons were going to be treated since there has been some names theorized for them already by other people that i thought was going to be dropped along with their types, if they had any. The mods would have to decided which is better though. Either version of this general idea could die while the other lives on with its own thread.
Doesn’t matter if it is detailed or not. The idea you have is already taken, and that’s that dude. Like I said earlier, I recommend you come up with a new Pet Mod idea and scrap the one you have.
or stay in crossover chaos

Doesn’t matter if it is detailed or not. The idea you have is already taken, and that’s that dude. Like I said earlier, I recommend you come up with a new Pet Mod idea and scrap the one you have.
or stay in crossover chaos
If you insist that Pet Mod ideas are really FCFS, then I might have to take it up with NeonNitroGlycerin to see if they can take some of the ideas I wanted to include for my attempt at this in case they happen to get their pet mod approved first.

If you insist that Pet Mod ideas are really FCFS, then I might have to take it up with NeonNitroGlycerin to see if they can take some of the idea I wanted to include for my attempt at this in case they happen to get their pet mod approved first.
Hello! What parts of A Beta Life would you be interested in having incorporated into The Lost Mons? I'd be glad to discuss them with my coleader.
Also, a clarification: We thought that pretty much everything you had in the submission format (type, name, moves, etc.) was implied by the concept of the mod.

Hello! What parts of A Beta Life would you be interested in having incorporated into The Lost Mons? I'd be glad to discuss them with my coleader.
Also, a clarification: We thought that pretty much everything you had in the submission format (type, name, moves, etc.) was implied by the concept of the mod.
Technically, the slate concept seems as if you were excising the fact these beta sprites were Game Freak's former, scrapped ideas since they aren't really fakemons. They have been already established by GF years past. Your slate concept of taking 4 scrapped sprites and creating (implied to new) fakemon for these sprites doesn't really fit the fact they have already existed before as official Pokémon, which I thought was the major flaw with your idea. My slate concept already does a good job trying to reimplement Game Freak's lost ideas by introducing a new line each slate and list their existing information such as names given by other people (and Nob for that matter) and to show their types if they had any. The criteria in the submission format I tried for A Beta Life (front sprite for reference, name, types, evolutionary links, base stats, abilities, movepool) could possibly work within The Lost Mons. You might have to tweak the movepool field (and possibly evolutionary links as well) as you see fit.

Technically, the slate concept seems as if you were excising Game Freak's former, scrapped ideas since they aren't really fakemons. They have been already established by GF. Your slate concept of taking 4 scrapped sprites and creating (implied to new) fakemon for these sprites doesn't really fit the fact they have already existed before as official Pokémon, which I thought was the major flaw with your idea. My slate concept already does a good job trying to reimplement Game Freak's lost ideas by introducing a new line each slate and list their existing information such as names given by other people (and Nob for that matter) and to show their types if they had any. The criteria in the submission format I tried for A Beta Life (front sprite for reference, name, types, evolutionary links, base stats, abilities, movepool) could possibly work within The Lost Mons. You might have to tweak the movepool field (and possibly evolutionary links as well) as you see fit.
The Lost Mons was always supposed to incorporate what we know about what the scrapped mons were supposed to be. Sorry for not making that clearer!

The Lost Mons was always supposed to incorporate what we know about what the scrapped mons were supposed to be. Sorry for not making that clearer!
Thanks for clearing up it a bit more. I would like to see Warfurs & Wearlycan and Stromen & Phandarin be given new life with abilities and an expanded movepool. Sad to see them only exist in the 1997 Spaceworld Gold beta.

Thanks for clearing up it a bit more. I would like to see Warfurs & Wearlycan and Stromen & Phandarin be given new life with abilities and an expanded movepool. Sad to see them only exist in the 1997 Spaceworld Gold beta.
Oh we were definitely planning to do ALL the scrapped mons, don't worry.

Stat Descent!
The goal of this mod is to make a range of pokemon with different base stat totals that all can compete amongst each other. Often times, I’m surprised by how potent some pokemon with low base stat totals, like Clefable, Corviknight, and the Slow twins are all astoundingly viable, yet mons such as Hoopa, Celebi, and Mega Aggron are hardly considered viable. I’m attempting to capitalize on this by creating a pet mod that attempts to create balance amongst pokemon who’s base stat totals range from 460->650. Here how this will work.
Slate 1 will be know as the 650 BST slate. Submissions may include up to 3 pokemon who’s base stat totals equal 650. These pokemon should be balanced, which may be difficult considering their strong stats, but keep in mind that these things need to have similar power levels to mons of 460 BST. The next slate will be the 640 BST slate, so on, and so forth all the way down until 460, where we will have a complete 60 pokemon metagame. The reason we descend is so we can balance the pokemon burdened by low BSTs to the ones with high BSTs. I think it’s a really interesting way to create a meta. Once the metagame is created, I personally would try to keep interest high by holding tournaments as often as possible, and perhaps refurbishing some of the pokemon as well!

I have a few questions though, which is why I bring it up in this thread:
- I have 0 coding experience. I want to make sure that, if I enlist a coder, their job is as easy and stress free as possible. How can I achiebe this?
- Since we are going for a balanced mod, I think that having a base stat total 650 base mon with a typing such as “steel/flying” that is considered strong might become too overbearing even if it’s not strong ability and movepool wise. Should I attempt to make certain bans on typings or type combinations in the early stages of the slate (could also be for diversity purposes, for example, if a water/ground type was already made in slate 1, vetoing one in slates 3 or 4 might be prudent).
I feel like there are more but I can’t remember them!

Thanks for reading this! I hope you guys, upon its creation, take a look at this pet mod! Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)