Resource [PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING] LC Analysis Reservation Thread [PLEASE, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING]

I have a pretty good Shroomish set even if it's not on the list. It could be viable, it just needs the right tools. I use Protect, Giga drain, Spore, and Synthesis. Protect first turn, (poison heal ability, Toxic orb item)
Why exactly would I use this over Foongus? Poison Heal is not enough to make up for no Eviolite and no Regenerator and no Fighting resistance. Shroomish is way too niche to get an analysis.

Can I reserve this set or is it too gimmick or weak or bad or whatever ?

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

I mean this is Defog WA Vull, and since in other analysises there are mentions of this set, I found good to put it in.

Reservation Index

Reservation priority will be handled on a first come, first serve basis.

You may have up to two LC analyses reserved or in progress at any given time, if we feel you are qualified.

Some Pokemon are only available to be reserved by more experienced LC players and analysis writers to ensure quality in major analyses. This is not to encourage poor analysis writing, as analyses that are deemed too much effort to fix to reach our quality standards will be rejected. A lot of people will be reading your work, so try your best to make your analysis helpful!

If you're unsure about whether an analysis has already been reserved, you can search up the Pokemon's name in this thread.

Top importance:
These analyses can only be reserved by QC members, as well as users who have earned a ladybug or contributor badge primarily through their LC C&C work.

High importance:
These analyses can only be reserved by users who meet any of the following:
a. QC members and LC contributors/ladybugs;
b. users who have written an LC analysis in the past, AND participated in LCPL 2016, LCPL 2015, or SPLC;
c. users who have been granted permission, on a case by case basis, to write high priority analyses.
If you are interested in writing a high priority analysis, do not meet any of the above qualifications, and would like to be added to the list of approved users, you may send a PM to OP and Nineage explaining why you believe you should be granted permission.

Dewpider
NP Spritzee
Firium Z Physical Ponyta

Medium importance:
These analyses can be reserved by anybody who has not had an LC analysis rejected previously.

Low importance:
These analyses can be reserved by anybody who has not had an LC analysis rejected within the past month.
Can I take oddish?

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
plunder (Stunky) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Grass / Pursuit

lo stunky is way better than the current set on analysis right now:

- lo sucker kills diglett, which is a huge detriment to the other set
- lo play rough has a high roll to ohko 0/0 eviolite foo and cleanly 2hkoes timburr; both are ohkoed if knocked. it also kos bj vulla after sr and does >50 to evio
- fire blast covers mostly ferroseed and pawn, but also chunks foongus and pumpkaboo
- last slot is mostly a catchall. sludge bomb hits snub and spritz, hpg gets onix, and pursuit is pursuit
- 18 speed is huge in the current meta and it is not particularly threatened by pokemon near it
- struggles with strong grounds and pokemon that aren't weak to sucker punch/pr, since sludge bomb and pursuit are weak stabs

anyway i think it's the best because it doesn't autolose to diglett (it especially handles nonsub sets well, which are more popular atm) and is actually useful and not outclassed by grimer-a or any defogger

e: for myself, fourth slot should have hp grass first. mention defog

Last edited:
Reserving magnet pull Magnemite - although the least frequently used Magnemite ability, i feel it has enough merit as a trapping support to deserve its own analysis.

Reasoning:
Magnet pull magnemite can trap steel types. It is most useful for trapping ferroseed and pawniard or even other magnemite.
Clearing out steel types enables setup sweepers such as zigzagoon and shellder to perform better.
Even if its trappees are not present in a matchup, it is still very useful.
It can still act as a pivot and birdcheck, and with a scarf can be speed control.

So essentially magnet pull magnemite removes common steel types but is is still useful in a non-steel matchup.

Last edited:

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
is a Pre-Contributor
rip

It's my fav. alolan starter so uh...Maybe phantump then?
You can't reserve Pokemon not on the reservation list, which is in the OP. As of right now, there is nothing up for reservation. If you think Phantump deserves an analysis you can PM any of the C&C mods saying why you think it should, but it's unlikely to happen since Phantump is essentially a worse Pumpkaboo.

Can I reserve this set or is it too gimmick or weak or bad or whatever ?

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

I mean this is Defog WA Vull, and since in other analysises there are mentions of this set, I found good to put it in.
This set's very good rn so can I write an analysis please ? I know the EV spread has changed to full atk 15 Speed so I'll do the changes in my analysis. If you find that someone is more qualified than me to do this analysis, I'll understand but I really want to write an analysis.

This set's very good rn so can I write an analysis please ? I know the EV spread has changed to full atk 15 Speed so I'll do the changes in my analysis. If you find that someone is more qualified than me to do this analysis, I'll understand but I really want to write an analysis.
Before you want to write an analysis on a Pokemon, it needs to be on the reservation list or be approved by the mods here. So if you'd like to write an analysis for that Vullaby set, you should probably talk about it on the thread I linked and see if it is viable or deemed worthy to be written about, if not then it's too bad. I understand you want to write an analysis because I do too! Its just that LC isn't really in need of a lot of analyses yet if there aren't any sets right now to be approved because of the stagnancy of the metagame which is pretty common. But if you're patient an opportunity will arise so unless there are any sets that are approved to have an analysis, I guess all we do is wait. Hope this helps you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)