[PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING] LC Analysis Reservation Thread [PLEASE, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING]

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
plunder (Stunky) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
Level: 5
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Grass / Pursuit

lo stunky is way better than the current set on analysis right now:

- lo sucker kills diglett, which is a huge detriment to the other set
- lo play rough has a high roll to ohko 0/0 eviolite foo and cleanly 2hkoes timburr; both are ohkoed if knocked. it also kos bj vulla after sr and does >50 to evio
- fire blast covers mostly ferroseed and pawn, but also chunks foongus and pumpkaboo
- last slot is mostly a catchall. sludge bomb hits snub and spritz, hpg gets onix, and pursuit is pursuit
- 18 speed is huge in the current meta and it is not particularly threatened by pokemon near it
- struggles with strong grounds and pokemon that aren't weak to sucker punch/pr, since sludge bomb and pursuit are weak stabs

anyway i think it's the best because it doesn't autolose to diglett (it especially handles nonsub sets well, which are more popular atm) and is actually useful and not outclassed by grimer-a or any defogger

e: for myself, fourth slot should have hp grass first. mention defog

Last edited:
Reserving magnet pull Magnemite - although the least frequently used Magnemite ability, i feel it has enough merit as a trapping support to deserve its own analysis.

Reasoning:
Magnet pull magnemite can trap steel types. It is most useful for trapping ferroseed and pawniard or even other magnemite.
Clearing out steel types enables setup sweepers such as zigzagoon and shellder to perform better.
Even if its trappees are not present in a matchup, it is still very useful.
It can still act as a pivot and birdcheck, and with a scarf can be speed control.

So essentially magnet pull magnemite removes common steel types but is is still useful in a non-steel matchup.

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
This is very likely going to be a joke analysis, but I would like to do Cosmog.
Cosmog is not on the QC reservation list and by no means a Pokemon deserving of an analysis. It only has two moves...
Yes I know you want it to be a joke analysis but I believe those are long dead or not needed :blobthinking:

You're not in the good topic, but the other viable fire type I'd recommend to you is Larvesta. Plus, it's a fighting check. But it just takes 50% on these frickin' rocks.

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
rip

It's my fav. alolan starter so uh...Maybe phantump then?
You can't reserve Pokemon not on the reservation list, which is in the OP. As of right now, there is nothing up for reservation. If you think Phantump deserves an analysis you can PM any of the C&C mods saying why you think it should, but it's unlikely to happen since Phantump is essentially a worse Pumpkaboo.

Can I reserve this set or is it too gimmick or weak or bad or whatever ?

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

I mean this is Defog WA Vull, and since in other analysises there are mentions of this set, I found good to put it in.
This set's very good rn so can I write an analysis please ? I know the EV spread has changed to full atk 15 Speed so I'll do the changes in my analysis. If you find that someone is more qualified than me to do this analysis, I'll understand but I really want to write an analysis.

Conni

katharsis
This set's very good rn so can I write an analysis please ? I know the EV spread has changed to full atk 15 Speed so I'll do the changes in my analysis. If you find that someone is more qualified than me to do this analysis, I'll understand but I really want to write an analysis.
Before you want to write an analysis on a Pokemon, it needs to be on the reservation list or be approved by the mods here. So if you'd like to write an analysis for that Vullaby set, you should probably talk about it on the thread I linked and see if it is viable or deemed worthy to be written about, if not then it's too bad. I understand you want to write an analysis because I do too! Its just that LC isn't really in need of a lot of analyses yet if there aren't any sets right now to be approved because of the stagnancy of the metagame which is pretty common. But if you're patient an opportunity will arise so unless there are any sets that are approved to have an analysis, I guess all we do is wait. Hope this helps you.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Sorry for not getting to you earlier - we didn't approve this because it's an important enough set for us to want to have a more experienced writer working on it. If you'd still like to write an analysis, message me asap, preferably with a set you have in mind, and we can discuss

Well, it's sort of an anti-lead. Relying on the abundance of ground and rock types as setters, Chikorita can function well with magic coat and attract to immobilize pokemon, with HP Fire/Fighting to take care of pawniard. Snivy doesn't know magic coat, and isn't quite as bulky as Chikorita. (In fact, all of it's stats sans speed are inferior to Chikorita's) Spritzee could do this, but it's lacks STAB against rock and ground types. I'll PM you some replays of this set if you would like to see it in action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)