Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 'new thing' could be a sequel to the first BW games... I mean, why not, you know?
It could be a fairy! It could be a magical antelope coming to take us all to a land full of glittery fountains and bubblegum trees! Why don't you just belieeeeeeeeve?

I'd rather look at what they've done before and what they've said and assume they do the minimum amount of work necessary to continue generating money (let's face it, the formula has worked for them for four generations now). The only evidence for anything other than a standard updated-rerelease á la Platinum broken into a pair of games is datasearching by people like you based on wishful thinking and not a lot else.

It could be a fairy! It could be a magical antelope coming to take us all to a land full of glittery fountains and bubblegum trees! Why don't you just belieeeeeeeeve?

I'd rather look at what they've done before and what they've said and assume they do the minimum amount of work necessary to continue generating money (let's face it, the formula has worked for them for four generations now). The only evidence for anything other than a standard updated-rerelease á la Platinum broken into a pair of games is datasearching by people like you based on wishful thinking and not a lot else.
Okay, I understand where you're coming from, and I kind of expect them to just remake it as well. But I will also mention that if they wanted to just do a third version, even with a different form thrown in like this, they could've easily not strayed from their norm at all and made the gray everyone was expecting. I think the fact that they're not doing their usual in one regard is probably a good hint that they're straying off in another, and even if you're right, they probably know that trying to trick us like you seem to expect wouldn't be nearly as rewarding as their tried and true strategy.

I'm starting to believe that they're actually doing something different, but I'm also still thinking exactly what you are, in that they won't. I obviously don't know, but I'm not going to disbelieve either one because I believe the other.

@Beck: exactly, saying 'two incredible new adventures' can simply be a sentence to excite us etc. Yet...

@Ketsuban: I completely disagree with your scepticism and your stubborness to think GF wouldn't do something 'different' and... fairylike, as you say it? I don't see what's wrong in people like me hoping for something else, instead of immediately resigning to the thought of 'oh, this just gonna be the pkmn Gray we all expected'. This doesn't mean I don't see and understand your motivations to think what you think, I simply disagree, and for once wish to hope for something better. Either one of us could be right, we don't know yet, right? That's the whole point..

Cap'n

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
It'd be nice if we got our SR TM back.
I actually agree with this. They only have 95 TM's right now, so maybe they'll make it an even 100 (fingers crossed). If anything, the least they could do is make it a tutor move. It would be nice if they made earth power a TM too. They have a specially based attack for almost every other type (except rock I think). Ground deserves one too. Save the TM #'s for moves that we actually care about. We don't need any more of these gimmick moves like echoed voice and round (just my opinion).

One thing I wish they did would be too add more towns in the game and mirror the anime a bit with festivals for different parts of the year, more trainers and such. Would be nice for the gyms to be spread out a bit more and having to travel a lot further to each gym to face it.

I actually agree with this. They only have 95 TM's right now, so maybe they'll make it an even 100 (fingers crossed). If anything, the least they could do is make it a tutor move. It would be nice if they made earth power a TM too. They have a specially based attack for almost every other type (except rock I think). Ground deserves one too. Save the TM #'s for moves that we actually care about. We don't need any more of these gimmick moves like echoed voice and round (just my opinion).
May I idly speculate?

Since we can't trade TMs, who's to say that BW2 have to have the same TM list? They could put an entirely different set of 95 TMs in the game. I'm speculating at TM list overhaul because they can, not being bound to the same TM list between compatible versions.

The game needs TM moves like Round or else the moves will be too powerful early on. The TM list is usually fairly balanced when you consider the locations and power/accuracy of the moves.

I just hope we see some old Pokemon throughout the main story. As cool as it was for them to do an entirely new generation of Pokemon and not seeing Magikarp / Geodude / Zubat everywhere, the new designs are rather lackluster. Please, let me encounter an Absol or something.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
94 TMs + 6 HMs = 100 with Snarl being an unattainable event TM. It's kind of like the Mew of TMs.

They've had a total of 100 total in-game TMs & HMs since Diamond & Pearl with 92 TMs & 8 HMs. I doubt they'll change it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sidetracking a bit from the games, Oha Suta put up a teaser trailer for M15.

http://www.filb.de/1741

- Kyurem talks. Now I wish I could translate it :(. I guess this makes Kyurem seem less Zombie-like lol.
- Black Kyurem fires some kind of icy-looking electric ball. If I have to make a guess, it's probably Freeze Shock. Also ugh they really softened its tail :(
- White Kyurem shoots what appears to be a fire attack. Probably means that Kyurem's getting a movepool upgrade :)

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
- White Kyurem shoots what appears to be a fire attack. Probably means that Kyurem's getting a movepool upgrade :)
It could also be Ice Burn. I know it looks very different from the game but the anime doesn't always animate attacks the same way the games do.

It could also be Ice Burn. I know it looks very different from the game but the anime doesn't always animate attacks the same way the games do.
Looks more like Flamethrower to me, Reshiram's had the exact same animation in the last film too.

Not to mention that it seems to be more easier to identify attacks in the newer movies/anime than the older generations.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Looks more like Flamethrower to me, Reshiram's had the exact same animation in the last film too.

Not to mention that it seems to be more easier to identify attacks in the newer movies/anime than the older generations.
I'm not excluding that and I actually hope it's the case because a movepool upgrade is what Kyurem really needs.

Though there have been times where I actually had trouble identifying attacks even in the new movies... for example Arceus in M13 uses both Hyper Beam and Flamethrower and they looked exactly the same to me.
I just hope they weren't lazy and made Ice Burn look like a fire attack.

It also says here that we will have "two incredible new adventures." Who can really say what that means, though, at the moment.
Honestly, this means nothing. Infomercial products all claim they're the best shit ever. Name one movie that showed a negative review of it in the commercial.

Do you think it would be very smart of them to put "Get ready for the same adventure as before!"

EDIT: Oh my god I love Japanese TV shows. The reactions of the... kids that look like they're in their twenties... was just plain priceless. Someone make a gif of the guy in pink falling on his desk. Now.

http://www.filb.de/1741

- Kyurem talks. Now I wish I could translate it :(. I guess this makes Kyurem seem less Zombie-like lol.
Was it Kyurem that spoke? He didn't move his mouth, and the musketeers appeared on-screen at roughly the same time... I didn't watch any of the BW anime, but I don't quite know if that voice was Kyurem or someone else. It'll probably be more obvious when someone translates it.

Also, what Blasphemy1 said about Absol, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Was it Kyurem that spoke? He didn't move his mouth, and the musketeers appeared on-screen at roughly the same time... I didn't watch any of the BW anime, but I don't quite know if that voice was Kyurem or someone else. It'll probably be more obvious when someone translates it.

Also, what Blasphemy1 said about Absol, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
I haven't seen much anime or many of the movies, but from what I have seen, the majority of Pokemon who can talk do not move their mouths. Mewtwo, Slowking, Arceus... I guess you could argue they are using telepathy though.

Pretty much every Pokemon that talks uses telepathy. Pretty much any Pokemon of any significance can do it. (even non psychic Pokemon) Even though I haven't seem the movie, I imagine that's what Kyurem is doing.

Holy crap, Kyurem's voice is beastly! *.*

My favorite part of the trailer is when the Muskadeer trio land in front of Ash & friends. So cool!~

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I'm certain that Kyurem will have a Rotom-A complex giving him Zekrom or Reshiram's signature moves. Probably not Bolt Strike or Blue Flare since they kind of clash with Kyurem's own signature moves in terms of the status effects. But it's a safe bet they'll give Kyurem Fusion Bolt or Fusion Flare.

The real deciding factor would be if Kyurem gets a type change for it's new forms. Of course Ice/Electric & Ice/Fire are god awful defensive typings, especially Ice/Fire. Seriously; weak to Ground, Rock, Fighting, & Water with a x4 SR weakness in THIS metagame? Good luck with that.

If their typing really is Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire, they'd have to increase Kyurem's stats soooo badly for these things to come even close to Uber.

...Fun fact: Kyurem learns Sunny Day...What?...

Kyurem's new typing better not be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric....

Anyways, I just hope the storyline is better than just a few added touches, and has some actual merit. Though, tutors would be really nice, and I want my Hoenn Frontier Back (maybe even with new places)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)