Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidetracking a bit from the games, Oha Suta put up a teaser trailer for M15.

http://www.filb.de/1741

- Kyurem talks. Now I wish I could translate it :(. I guess this makes Kyurem seem less Zombie-like lol.
- Black Kyurem fires some kind of icy-looking electric ball. If I have to make a guess, it's probably Freeze Shock. Also ugh they really softened its tail :(
- White Kyurem shoots what appears to be a fire attack. Probably means that Kyurem's getting a movepool upgrade :)
Kyurem says, "Let's end this" according to Pokebeach.

Yes Ice/Fire is a pathetic defensive typing, but is it not an amazing offensive typing?

Same with Electric/Ice......
No it's still pretty bad as an offensive type. Fire helps against Steels that can usually wall Ice-types, but Fire and Water-types, can easily take both of its STABs.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No it's still pretty bad as an offensive type. Fire helps against Steels that can usually wall Ice-types, but Fire and Water-types, can easily take both of its STABs.
Well the good think about Ice + Fire, is that not too many pokes can take those moves in OU. For Bulky waters we have Jellicent, Politoed, Rotom-W and Gyarados. Out of those Gyrados is hurt neutrally by Ice, Rotom-W is very frail and can be 2hkoed by stuff like Focus Blast, and so Politoed and Jellicent remain. For fire types we have Infernape, Volcarona and Heatran i think. Heatran is 2hkoed or ohkoed by Focus Blast, Infernape won't even think about switching in on you, and Volcarona is hit neutrally by Fire.

So actually there are not too many pokes that can take your moves. Definitely better than Dragon + Ice imo, since you can now seriously damage or kill steels such as Scizor, Jirachi and Metagross. Also Fire + Ice gives fantastic super effective coverage hitting 21 OU pokes for super effective damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3a_DH9C1jw
MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!
Well...I guess Kyurem isn't a big lifeless zombie dragon after all. Maybe it knows that it was split and decided to remain that way until his trainers died and realized that his other halfs are in storage since they nearly depleted their energies and became the light/dark stones...MAAAAAAAN I CANNOT WAIT 4 THESE GAMES TO BE RELEASED!

Edit: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/trailer/index.php
HOLY SNAPZ! RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM ARE GIVING THEIR ENERGIES TO KYUREM AND IT LOOKED LIKE HE WAS BECOMING THE ORIGINAL DRAGON BUT THEN...epic cutaway. This just pretty much gives off the absolute confirmation that Kyurem is the remains of the original Dragon the Twin Brothers owned. Perhaps there was a reason for the OD to spit itself...besides trying to stop his trainers from waging civil war.
HOLY CRAP! KYUREM CAN RUN!
sorry gamergasm...just look at the link and click the 1st movie not the ones on the bottom...IS EPIC STUFF!!!!!
GAWD WE NEED A TRANSLATOR!

I was thinking will Gamefreak do as in Gold & Silver? Like make your previous character the strongest character in the game? Also will they really be named Black & White 2? I mean I ain't hating on it, but instead they should have come up with a better name.

Woot! 2 new games means more money for :pimp:Nintendo and :pirate:Game freak! I think the game developers just want to surprise us because they always make 3 games in one gen, so they broke that trend by making 2 more games for the same gen. 4 games to choose from for 5th gen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3a_DH9C1jw
MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!
Well...I guess Kyurem isn't a big lifeless zombie dragon after all. Maybe it knows that it was split and decided to remain that way until his trainers died and realized that his other halfs are in storage since they nearly depleted their energies and became the light/dark stones...MAAAAAAAN I CANNOT WAIT 4 THESE GAMES TO BE RELEASED!

Edit: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/trailer/index.php
HOLY SNAPZ! RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM ARE GIVING THEIR ENERGIES TO KYUREM AND IT LOOKED LIKE HE WAS BECOMING THE ORIGINAL DRAGON BUT THEN...epic cutaway. This just pretty much gives off the absolute confirmation that Kyurem is the remains of the original Dragon the Twin Brothers owned. Perhaps there was a reason for the OD to spit itself...besides trying to to his trainers from waging civil war.
HOLY CRAP! KYUREM CAN RUN!
sorry gamergasm...just look at the link and click the 1st movie not the ones on the bottom...IS EPIC STUFF!!!!!
GAWD WE NEED A TRANSLATOR!
Apparently Black Kyurem has the Zekrom Gene and White Kyurem the Reshiram Gene...

From Pokebeach:

In the first shot, we see energy from Reshiram and Zekrom being absorbed by Kyurem. According to the biography section on the website, Kyurem, with Reshiram and Zekrom's genes, becomes Black Kyurem or White Kyurem. Thus, the new Kyurem formes truly do seem to be a fusion of Kyurem and Reshiram or Kyurem and Zekrom.
"Story: On their way to their next destination, Roshaan, Ash and the gang meet and rescue a wounded Pokemon, Keldeo. Keldeo is the successor of the "Sacred Swordmen." Then, suddenly, the "strongest Dragon on Earth," Kyurem, appears and attacks them. Kyurem appears to be pursuing Keldeo. The story despicts Ash and the gang trying to get away from Kyurem's pursuit.

Kyurem: The strongest Dragon-type Pokemon, its power is on par with Reshiram and Zekrom. Carrying the strongest heredity, it was born at the same time as Zekrom and Reshiram. It can change into Black and White Kyurem. Extreme cold radiates from its body.

Anybody thinks Meloetta will be released in-game?
It's strange to see 2 new pokemon revealed/distributed around the same time.

EDIT: Which trailer shows the original dragon? I cant find it :(

Anybody thinks Meloetta will be released in-game?
It's strange to see 2 new pokemon revealed/distributed around the same time.

EDIT: Which trailer shows the original dragon? I cant find it :(
None of them actually do. There's this one trailer that shows Kyurem absorbing energy from Reshiram/Zekrom, but it cuts away right after that.

I doubt they'll release Meloetta in-game. There's a chance they could make it a stationary legendary, but you'd still need to get some sort of event item to get to it.

Just wanted to say Volcarona is gonna get a new forme, either Shedinja-style or Shaymin-style. You saw it here first.

Just wanted to say Volcarona is gonna get a new forme, either Shedinja-style or Shaymin-style. You saw it here first.
How would that even work? Volcarona is fine as is with it's niche.
The only thing that could make it better is an ability that negates SR when being switched in...but that doesn't exist atm.

In addition to what GraccidentalEed said, how does shedinja have an alternate form? Or do you mean he is an alternate form of nincada/ninjask (which he isn't, because he occupies an entirely different slot in your party when you get him)? I don't see how this could happen, but you can say you want him to get one. Although he is pretty powerful as-is.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
According to the game's coding, there is no placeholder for a second forme for Volcarona.
But then, if the game data told us everything, Kyurem having two new formes wouldn't be a surprise. I might not know the most about coding, but I feel that if they want to add more formes, not having placeholder data won't stop them.

I simply want to bring out the point that Larvesta and Volcarona do not learn Attract, just like Nincada (Shedinja). Sure, Cryogonal learns it, but it's only for (obvious) laughs. Volcarona also is obtainable in a similar way to Rotom from DP. Volcarona also learns Hurricane while being the SUN Pokémon (according to the Pokédex). Though this may be Farfetch'd, there are some hints that point a new forme. Besides, this is just speculation.

AccidentalGreed said:
According to the game's coding, there is no placeholder for a second forme for Volcarona.
jas61292 said:
But then, if the game data told us everything, Kyurem having two new formes wouldn't be a surprise. I might not know the most about coding, but I feel that if they want to add more formes, not having placeholder data won't stop them.
(What jas61292 said)

I simply want to bring out the point that Larvesta and Volcarona do not learn Attract, just like Nincada (Shedinja). Sure, Cryogonal learns it, but it's only for (obvious) laughs. Volcarona also is obtainable in a similar way to Rotom from DP. Volcarona also learns Hurricane while being the SUN Pokémon (according to the Pokédex). Though this may be Farfetch'd, there are some hints that point a new forme. Besides, this is just speculation.
I guess I can understand where you're coming from, but I personally don't believe that most of these points really hint at a second form. The fact that he is the sun pokemon is really the most convincing basis, but I think it's mostly because of its pokedex entry about shining like the sun.

jas61292 said:
I would like to point out that the game data in BW1 had placeholders for only 1 forme of Kyurem, the one we already knew, just like how Diamond and Pearl had a placeholder for only 1 forme of Rotom. However I do think you have a point with your last sentence, but I don't know much about coding either, so I'm not sure how easily it could be done.

Edit: 100 posts, about a quarter of which I got after this thread was started. I mysteriously have more posts than Mos-Quitoxe and Quanyails, which surprises me, because I though they were like all over that CAP art shit.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Placeholder data IMO is just a place where they store "plans". Plans can change, new ones can be formulated etc. A lack of placeholder data doesn't necessitate no new formes IMO. In any case, you wouldn't be able to transfer the new Kyurem formes to BW, so whether or not there's placeholder data hardly matters to the actual existence of formes.

Not saying Volcarona will get a form(I have no clue); just pointing out something.

It isnt a surprise. Kyurem has has placeholder slots since day 1 just like rotom girantina and shaymin has in dp. Theres been a lot of previous discussion about kyurems forms before

Going off the discussion of TM's from the previous page, how likely would it be for them to bring back some of the ones that are only available in 4th gen? I think it's getting to the point that breeding in 4th gen for the 5th gen metagame is annoying for some players, such as myself, who had all of their 4th gen games stolen.

All this talk of "THE STRONGEST DRAGON WITH ALL THE HEREDITY AND AND" makes me think that maybe my theory of 710 BST Black/White Kyurem isn't as farfetched as I thought

Also just because Kyurem's placeholder data didn't specify 2 forms doesn't mean any Pokemon without a placeholder could get a form. Chances are the forms will be virtually interchangeable so far as the game is concerned and BW will be able to handle either of them just fine (we probably won't even be able to get both in one game). After all, it's still set to have a form.

Besides, Rotom technically had 6 forms, but only had the "1" in DP

All this talk of "THE STRONGEST DRAGON WITH ALL THE HEREDITY AND AND" makes me think that maybe my theory of 710 BST Black/White Kyurem isn't as farfetched as I thought

Also just because Kyurem's placeholder data didn't specify 2 forms doesn't mean any Pokemon without a placeholder could get a form. Chances are the forms will be virtually interchangeable so far as the game is concerned and BW will be able to handle either of them just fine (we probably won't even be able to get both in one game). After all, it's still set to have a form.

Besides, Rotom technically had 6 forms, but only had the "1" in DP
Exactly how I feel about the forms, and maybe they are actually whole pokemon, I mean masuda tweeted that, and while embellishments abound in adverts, gamefreak has never outright lied to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)