Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Hehe it's funny, I'm always the opposite. My team is almost always completely special oriented, with only one physical attacker, usually.

I also have a weird habit of making sure not to repeat a type at all in my party (I can repeat move types, but not Pokemon types), so every pokemon needs a different typing. That can make team building a bit more complicated, but I just can't have multiple types in my party.
Same here, I barely ever run physical attackers. My last team was Serperior/Zebstrika/Sigilyph/Galvantula/Ferrothorn/Chandelure, so only one purely physical. I don't mind having multiple types though, as you can probably tell.

Except, it doesn't.

You're giving him too much credit, his 140 base attack may be high, but it's not spectacularly high.

It's this kind of overhyping that leaves people disappointed, remember what happened with Haxorus? You're doing it again.
I'm not a hater, I'm just realistic.
140 base Atk is not spectacularly high? Seriously, what? The problem with Archeops is it's Ability, not it's Atk or Spe stat (which are absolutely amazing - in game wise). In game he is a monster, and so is Haxorus. blasphemy1 is right when he says that Haxorus overhype was a competitive issue, not an in game issue. He is too slow or frail to set up without help, an even if he does, there are still plenty of options to outrun and revenge kill, while Archeops suffer from a horrible Ability that cripples him in competitive play. But, as said, if you're OHKOing everything in game or can simply switch to a wall, Max Revive and get back in the battle, that doesn't matter.

For checking IVs, I actually use the Team Builder for Pokemon Online. I just enter the level, set the nature, and change the IVs until they match my stats so I can get a min-max. I could use an IV calculator, but this works just as well.

I had a similar situation with Metang. I threw all 36 of my Ultra Balls and 2 or my Timer Balls, and got a total of about 4 shakes between them. I eventually just said screw it because 1) That stuff is expensive and 2) It was eating my team alive since it was attacking while I was throwing balls.
Oh my god Metang. It ate so many balls and then I accidentally killed it. Then I was like like dang it I need to save to catch Kyurem. And I was using Dusk Balls at night at it at low health. Grrrrrr.....I wasted like 15 Dusk Balls and 20 Ultra Balls...

I've had pretty ridiculous luck catching legendaries this gen. I don't think I've used more than 10 balls for any of them.

On a side note:

Started a new playthrough of White. I just reached Nacrene City and my current team is:

Atlas(Oshawott) Male Naughty Lv 15
Flair (Pansear) Female Bashful Lv 15
Sanger (Blitzle) Male Lonely (thanks to synchronize Munna) Lv 15

Playing in Winter this time which is cool.

I need help, lol. I'm at Nimbasa and I'm really underlevelled.. Where's a good grindspot?
team is level 17 victini
26 tirtouga
27 Drilbur
28 pignite

I wanna hit the mid-30s because Emolga is really annoying.

Archeops is pretty bad in-game, it will die to anything, and if not that, it will be crippled.
Uh...huh? Are you using acrobatics? It outspeeds and ohkos everything.

I've been sitting in front of Terakion for what seems like weeks. Can't catch a good one to save my life. RAGE! I need to learn how to RNG. Where do you go to learn how to do it?

Except, it doesn't.

You're giving him too much credit, his 140 base attack may be high, but it's not spectacularly high.

It's this kind of overhyping that leaves people disappointed, remember what happened with Haxorus? You're doing it again.
I'm not a hater, I'm just realistic.
Realistic or not, Archeops indeed does tear shit up ingame. A 110 BP STAB move from 140 Atk, coupled with high speed and decent bulk definitely make it top-tier. It may have a sucky ability, but since you will mostly outlevel wild/trainer Pokémon anyways, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to stay above 50% health. And even then, there are potions, and stuff like Sitrus berries (does it does screw up Acrobatics),

Btw guys, I just evolved my Pansage into Simisage, and damn that thing is strong. STAB Seed Bomb from 98 Atk is pretty damn good ingame. At least for now.

And RNG hates me this gen. I haven't gotten a single decent-natured Sandile or Darumake out of like 30 catches (and with decent I mean +Atk/+Spe).

@Captain Zef

1) Equip the Lucky Egg to the pokemon want to grind with

2) Find Audino in the shaking grass

3) You'll be in the mid 30's in about 10 minutes

It took me longer to catch Metang than it did Kyurem. I was Will-o-Wisping them but they all ending up fainting so I had to stop doing that. Immediately after I caught it I bumped into a Metagross but thought better of trying to catch it lol.

I wish Smeargle wasn't a swarm I can't build a decent team without it :(

I also really hate the Battle Subway. Tell me there's a bonus Battle Frontier somewhere? 3rd gen had 7 different facilities, 4th gen dropped the 2 shit ones and made the others better; this gen has basically one but they split up singles and doubles. Fuck that. Like actually, fuck that. If there's no other Battle Frontier place I pretty much can't trade any Pokémon from my 4th gen in case I want to challenge it again sometime.

I need help, lol. I'm at Nimbasa and I'm really underlevelled.. Where's a good grindspot?
team is level 17 victini
26 tirtouga
27 Drilbur
28 pignite

I wanna hit the mid-30s because Emolga is really annoying.
Leveling Pignite up into an Emboar should be sufficient, but if not consider picking up a Stoutland (evolves from Lilipup/Herdier). Intimidate + Normal STAB on Return as well as the elemental fangs, Crunch, and a 100 base attack stat. Good stuff.

By the by, does anyone know how one can transfer Pokes from Diamond/P/Pt to Black/W?

I've been sitting in front of Terakion for what seems like weeks. Can't catch a good one to save my life. RAGE! I need to learn how to RNG. Where do you go to learn how to do it?
Wifi forum, but the word is they're releasing a new version of RNG Reporter on sunday, so it's probably best to wait until then before starting to RNG.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For checking IVs, I actually use the Team Builder for Pokemon Online. I just enter the level, set the nature, and change the IVs until they match my stats so I can get a min-max. I could use an IV calculator, but this works just as well.
The problem is that at levels below 100, you'll be getting increasingly wider ranges of possible IVs thanks to rounding. That's probably a good enough method in-game, but if you're RNGing/breeding/whatever for competitive purposes, you're going to want a proper calculator.
Wifi forum, but the word is they're releasing a new version of RNG Reporter on sunday, so it's probably best to wait until then before starting to RNG.
The basic theory aspects won't require the updated Reporter, though, so you can start learning now even if you don't actually start doing it yet.

I also really hate the Battle Subway. Tell me there's a bonus Battle Frontier somewhere? 3rd gen had 7 different facilities, 4th gen dropped the 2 shit ones and made the others better; this gen has basically one but they split up singles and doubles. Fuck that. Like actually, fuck that. If there's no other Battle Frontier place I pretty much can't trade any Pokémon from my 4th gen in case I want to challenge it again sometime.
They pretty much always only have one facility in the first games of a generation, though it's typically been the Tower. Diamond and Pearl only had the Tower, and that was after Emerald had a full Frontier.

Leveling Pignite up into an Emboar should be sufficient, but if not consider picking up a Stoutland (evolves from Lilipup/Herdier). Intimidate + Normal STAB on Return as well as the elemental fangs, Crunch, and a 100 base attack stat. Good stuff.

By the by, does anyone know how one can transfer Pokes from Diamond/P/Pt to Black/W?
after the Elite 4, there is the PokéShifter. You're unable to transfer items though.

Please don't read unless you've already caught zekrom/reshiram because i may be spoiling stuff (not really sure if it's true or not).

I just heard a rumor that you catch zekrom AFTER you've beaten the elite 4. My question is this: does it happen immediately after you've beaten the champion? The reason is because i use the synchronize trick and i'm wondering if I have to carry munna through the elite 4 or if i'll be able to hit a computer first.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Please don't read unless you've already caught zekrom/reshiram because i may be spoiling stuff (not really sure if it's true or not).

I just heard a rumor that you catch zekrom AFTER you've beaten the elite 4. My question is this: does it happen immediately after you've beaten the champion? The reason is because i use the synchronize trick and i'm wondering if I have to carry munna through the elite 4 or if i'll be able to hit a computer first.
After you beat the Elite Four, there is a period where you can do pretty much whatever you want, which includes PC access. You do fight N immediately after catching the dragon, though (but if you had 6 Pokémon in your party when you caught it, you can choose to switch one of them out for it, which in your case would presumably be the Munna).

Is it possible to bypass activating the roamer, like with Lati@s in HGSS? Or is it impossible to advance the story without doing so? I want to be able to RNG my genie later, but from what I read fainting it and RNGing like how you can do with the Johto dogs is basically impossible.

BTW, I LOVE Archen/eops. I got him late, but am currently leveling him up in Chargestone Cave near the medic. Lilligant is great too, but Pignite isn't seeming to be keeping up. I'm holding off evolving him so he can get his high-powered moves earlier.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Is it possible to bypass activating the roamer, like with Lati@s in HGSS? Or is impossible to advance the story without doing so? I want to be able to RNG my genie later, but from what I read fainting it and RNGing like how you can do with the Johto dogs is basically impossible.
You get the notice about it when you enter the gate that heads toward Victory Road, but it isn't actually released until you talk to the old lady back in Route 7, which is when its stats are generated. So, yes.

It didn't occur to me you couldn't get the Lucky Egg yet...

Any other halfassed methods of grinding?
Walk around shaking grass and fight Audino, still should give a buttload of exp, just not as much as it would with the egg.

Speaking of Audino, I've only ever seen one once in my whole playthrough lol (never had to actively grind for them then again), ended up catching it instead of KOing lol.

Wow... Archeops is ridiculously overpowered, especially with Acrobatics. It literally destroys anything in one hit that doesn't resist it. And I am also loving Galvantula. I haven't gotten the TM for Thunder yet, but when I do... the fun will begin. Also, Samurott has been somewhat underwhelming for me.

Wow... Archeops is ridiculously overpowered, especially with Acrobatics. It literally destroys anything in one hit that doesn't resist it. And I am also loving Galvantula. I haven't gotten the TM for Thunder yet, but when I do... the fun will begin. Also, Samurott has been somewhat underwhelming for me.
So here I am, using a Charge Beam Spider Sweep strategy. My opponent started with Cofagrigus. I charge beam a few times, but he does more damage then expected. After 2 boosts though I'm confident Thunder will OHKO.
Needless to say it missed.
In-game, those misses are so disgustingly annoying that I opted for Thunderbolt instead. You can get that TM even earlier then Thunder if you wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)