Pokémon GO

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wow I haven't taken Feraligatr seriously going into CD as I'm looking more forward to the 1/4 egg hatching as I have some 7k & 10k eggs ready to incubate once the event starts. I haven't been lucky getting anything good from the gift eggs mostly crap though I prioritize distance when receiving gifts the further away the better.

As far as the heatran raids, I've been successful doing it with 2 even when it was not weather boosted so was glad to have some good ground pokemon available including groudon, rhyperior, golem and even swampert are all superior against heatran, and for backup Machamp, kyogre and gyarados are all good enough too.

I really don't want to do CD but I'm lacking water options. Probably won't do as much as I usually do but meh.

Also there's a Feebas event on January 20th during regular CD hours where you can encounter Feebas by completing the specific task available from Poke Stops. It'd be wise to not collect and complete tasks from Poke Stops that day until those hours since you can only get and complete one task per Poke Stop per day.

New research tasks will focus on Feebas, with the chance to catch Shiny Feebas. (Will edit in links later, on mobile atm)

I think this is a great addition to the research. Feebas is a rather rare mon that requires 100 candy and buddy time to evolve, so getting more chances to get a good Feebas (and a good Milotic in turn) is great.

Still not getting Riolu/Slakoth from egg hatches. I'm sick of getting Aerodactyl.

Anyway, managed to evolve one Feraligatr with about 200 candy to spare for powering up in the future. Gonna hold off using the Stardust for now just in case Kyogre comes back soon and I don't need the Gatr yet.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I did hatch all my 7k and 10k eggs yesterday, only thing good was a munchlax but other than that nothing new. Once I reached to 20 gift received limit while prioritizing on distance for trade purposes, I was stuck with getting the regular 5k/2k eggs from that point on. I did get 6 shinies, 4 of which I evolved before time was up, am not sure what to expect for the next community day since beldum skipped over other 10k pokemon I would've normally expected so we'll see what's next month soon.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/hoenn-jan2019/

Celebrate the Hoenn region during this new event!

Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will appear more frequently in the wild.
Field Research will highlight Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region.
Raid Battles will include Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, such as the Legendary Pokémon Kyogre and Groudon.
Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will have an increased chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs.
If you evolve Shroomish into Breloom, it will know the exclusive move Grass Knot!
You’ll have a chance of encountering Shiny Zigzagoon and Shiny Taillow!
New avatar items inspired by Team Magma and Team Aqua—the original villains of the Hoenn region in Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire—will be available in the Style Shop.

Event is from Jan. 15, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Jan. 29, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)

KYOGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE let's hope I have better luck catching that thing this time around.

Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will have an increased chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs.
Does that mean I should hold off on receiving 7km eggs if I want Riolu/Munchlax?

If you evolve Shroomish into Breloom, it will know the exclusive move Grass Knot!
I'm guessing Roserade is still better?

Only thing I dislike about this event is how this is during the cold winter season. Time to get those hand warmers and start raiding for 100% Groudons and Kyogres

Sunchipps I feel that, it's not cold in LA but it's been raining a ton so it's a little inconvenient.

I'm very excited about the new raids, don't need to explain that much lmao. I'm hoping to finally evolve the Slakoth line and maybe get access to some region-exclusives. I'm banking on an eventual Bagon CD because I can't rely on any of them spawning lol.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I just hope Kyogre and Groudon have their exclusive moves released instead of those 1 day weekends for 3 hours like they did with the birds and Gengar.

Did they skip the Gen 2 dogs?

I just want the best version of what is to be released, instead of wondering when it will happen.

I am excited to have the raid bosses though regardless, as the one positive would be Rainy weather Kyogre boosts, and in better days Groudon boosts.

Point is, at least Kyogre benefits.

I just hope Kyogre and Groudon have their exclusive moves released instead of those 1 day weekends for 3 hours like they did with the birds and Gengar.

Did they skip the Gen 2 dogs?

I just want the best version of what is to be released, instead of wondering when it will happen.

I am excited to have the raid bosses though regardless, as the one positive would be Rainy weather Kyogre boosts, and in better days Groudon boosts.

Point is, at least Kyogre benefits.
If you're referring to Origin Pulse and Precipice Blades I don't know if they're coming soon, but I assume not since I haven't heard anything about them. It seems more likely to come in a couple years with Primal forms.

Gen 2 dogs weren't exactly skipped for raids since they're currently research breakthrough mons, and they don't have any exclusive moves (except Sacred Fire Entei). It would have made more sense to release Aeroblast Lugia and Sacred Fire Ho-oh if anything.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
If you're referring to Origin Pulse and Precipice Blades I don't know if they're coming soon, but I assume not since I haven't heard anything about them. It seems more likely to come in a couple years with Primal forms.

Gen 2 dogs weren't exactly skipped for raids since they're currently research breakthrough mons, and they don't have any exclusive moves (except Sacred Fire Entei). It would have made more sense to release Aeroblast Lugia and Sacred Fire Ho-oh if anything.
Ya, but they could give it a simply good move like they did for Zapdos and Gengar, regardless of exclusivity.

Oops, turns out Grass Knot Breloom has higher DPS than Roserade, so there's that...

What are the other new raid bosses? Can't find them on the usual sources.

While Breloom has excellent DPS, it's still extremely fragile. To some, the bit of extra DPS might not be worth the loss of bulk from, say, Frenzy Plant Venusaur. It's the same reason why Breloom is not very common as a Fighting attacker, because Machamp has comparable, if slightly lower, damage, but with even more bulk.
I'm personally not too keen on glass cannons (except Gengar, simply because there are so few other Ghost options). But Grass is a busy type, with plenty of other less potion-intensive options.

I'm pretty excited for the return of Groudon & Kyogre. I need ones with better IVs, and MOAR CANDY!

Does it bother anyone else that based on the announcement, Kyogre can be shiny (since it was added during its encore) but Groudon seemingly cannot be? Even ignoring my preference on them, it's an odd distinction between the two, especially considering it's not like either needs an incentive to use raid passes for them.

I still need to nab a Lileep/Anorith for the Meltan quest so here's hoping it's decently common during this event.

Does it bother anyone else that based on the announcement, Kyogre can be shiny (since it was added during its encore) but Groudon seemingly cannot be? Even ignoring my preference on them, it's an odd distinction between the two, especially considering it's not like either needs an incentive to use raid passes for them.
Shiny Groudon has been released!

Last edited:
Apparently the Feebas research tasks this weekend will be:
Feebas Research: Earn 1 Buddy Candy
Feebas Research: Hatch 1 Egg
Feebas Research: Make {0} Great Throws
Feebas Research: Make {0} Nice Throws

Raid bosses are as follows:
Tier 1 Duskull, Wingull, Shuppet, Minun, Plusle
Tier 2 Combusken, Mawile, Kirlia, Grovyle, Marshtomp, Sableye
Tier 3 Lunatone, Solrock, Crawdaunt, Claydol
Tier 4 Absol, Metagross, Aggron, Shiftry
Tier 5 Groudon, Kyogre

Only Kirlia and the tier 5s are of any intrigue to me. Gotta get another good Kirlia for the eventual Gallade. Still have a ton of Metagross candy left from CD.

Also, these outfits are now available!

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

I still need to nab a Lileep/Anorith for the Meltan quest so here's hoping it's decently common during this event.
Not my account but here is proof Groudon can be Shiny64BDEA69-4F8D-4B1B-9FCC-AFDD2A07EFC3.jpeg

How did everyone do for Feebas day 3 hours? I only did one because, well, the tasks were way too troublesome for the reward IMO. I'd rather save my stock and see what February CD will bring us.

Long time... I swear this Feebas quest event is unholy tedious.

10 great? 15 nice? Even my spawns were dying in the end. 33 quests and no shiny nor anything over 115CP. My legs got busted.
This is after careful planning with eggs and buddies....
:pikuh: These tasks on limited time is just too tedious to be anything fun.
This would have worked if they at least don't make the quests as long as we watch forced catching tutorials, these are goddamn Zubats in form of research quests....

I need bottles of Coffee and Pocari to focus on my campus stuffs, and I wish I got leg muscle spray. This exhausts me way too much more than I thought....

On the plus side, I may want to then raise a 14/15/15 Milo I hatched in Xmas.

Last edited:
How did everyone do for Feebas day 3 hours? I only did one because, well, the tasks were way too troublesome for the reward IMO. I'd rather save my stock and see what February CD will bring us.
Never happened... the snowstorm I mentioned earlier iced over the roads and sidewalks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)