Pokémon GO

http://imgur.com/a/YbiWt
Documented in screenshots! So basically it was like done in 4 minutes, as you can tell in the waiting room it is 6:01 and the capture Screen is like 6:05 pm.

Your excited to see it, n' I'm excited to own it! ;) :D
I will say that I would not be excited to see pokemon that were spoofed for.
Sure, we got to see something "exclusive" (aka we can find it on youtube, big deal), but the fact remains that this is an illegitimate mewtwo.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I will say that I would not be excited to see pokemon that were spoofed for.
Sure, we got to see something "exclusive" (aka we can find it on youtube, big deal), but the fact remains that this is an illegitimate mewtwo.
The Mewtwo is legit, my way of getting it is not.
I understand, and I could have Ubered to it after work, but its a long trip home from there, so in this case I was local enough to do it, but in the object of saving time opted for the easier way so I could make it home for dinner at a good hour.

It was simply easier. I would agree with you more if I teleported to Japan and did it there, or some other state, but I basically was spoofing a few miles away from work, while on my way home, so I don't feel its cheating as much.

I know everyone can find it on Youtube, I posted here for the reason regular people post here, but the bigger picture is sharing the experience. Not everyone uses Youtube for PoGo info, and I feel like I am providing insight into it, and not doing it as a Niantic Sponsored Youtuber, which is partnered with saying mostly good things... Some viewers feel cheated in a way from those videos since they are associated with the company.

I may not have legitimately been there, but at least my documentation is unbiased and authentic in my reaction and I don't have an agenda.

Plus, unlike Youtube, in this forum, I try to answer questions back and forth, whereas the videos are pre-recorded, and many questions in the comments are unanswered.

I am a thorough poster, and put much effort into my information, insight, and experience. At the end of the day, I can't be "a bad spoofer who is selfish", I view spoofing a privilege that enables me to do things others do not, and therefore share that so legit players can view things their completely fair and appropriate game play prevents them from doing.

I'm done defending my spoofing, its been a long time since I began, and I am more focused on what info I can give on how things are in the game to help others. If it was just me bragging I would simply take the screen shots, say "I got one, yeah!" and end the post there. People know I spoof, so it's not like I mislead them.

Last edited:
The mewtwo is not legit since you blatantly hacked the game for it. Do not give me that "oh i wanted to share this with you guys" bullshit, since that is 100% irrelevant. You were not legitimately there, thus the pokemon you caught is illegitimate. I'm disappointed in a player that LIVES in SAN FRANCISCO and still decides to cheat and defend himself. "I don't feel like it's cheating as much"? I feel like you're disgracing this entire thread by hacking a pokemon and showing it to us. I cannot in good conscience feel anything but disgust for someone who I thought was a decent member of this community. "Bad spoofer who is selfish?" there is no such thing as a good spoofer. At this point, all your contributions are null.

What have you been spending your dust on? I have 3 ttar at level 30 + a couple other old mons (3 high level rhydons, a high level vaporeon, and so on), but beyond that I'm not really using stardust for much else.
I systematically dump dust into anything that I think might be somewhat useful (horrible strat, ik)

This includes Lugia, Tyranitar, Zapdos, Snorlax, Blissey, Vaporeon, Golem, Machamp, Scizor, Espeon, Articuno, Exeggutor, etc

I do a lot of gyms, so having good attackers on hand at all times is really nice, and most of my stuff hits the required breakpoints for specific raids

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
While I don't completely agree with all the stuff you've powered up, yeah, for the most part dust IS going towards things that hit breakpoints. There really isn't much, so while stardust is a bit constrained, it's made a bit better by the fact that powering up defenders at the moment doesn't serve much use.

Like it or not, his/her Mewtwo is perfectly legal
He/She didnt hack it to max IVs, or max level, or anything, he caught a perfectly legal AND legit Mewtwo with perfectly legit stats
Your opinion on spoofing doesnt make the Mewtwo any less legal

OM! Darn, that Mewtwo looks amazing. Too bad it got nerfed so badly. (It got nerfed, right?) I can imagine that it's such a powerhouse that you don't even need any other Pokémon anymore to battle gyms with. Mewtwo bulldozes through everything I suppose.

I kind of despise your style of doing too, though. Especially since you freaking live in SF. The amount of effort you could've taken legitimately to get the Mewtwo apparently wasn't worth it in your eyes. To each their own I guess, let's leave it at that.

Also: "Who needs Gen III if you have the boss of all raid bosses?" Sir, Slaking laughs at you *hehe*.

Like it or not, his/her Mewtwo is perfectly legal
He/She didnt hack it to max IVs, or max level, or anything, he caught a perfectly legal AND legit Mewtwo with perfectly legit stats
So if I spoofed down the street for a tyranitar, up 20 blocks for a blissey, to the next city for a dragonite, go back for a gyarados, and then complete by walking around the block for 3 unowns they're all legit right? Nice to know that this thread's devolved into pure shit

Also: "Who needs Gen III if you have the boss of all raid bosses?" Sir, Slaking laughs at you *hehe*.
I wish, but remember how we pitted Tyranitar at 4500 before gen 2? Slaking's probably gonna come down to 3.7 or so and won't be as good. Not denying that it's going to be my probably-favorite generalist in the game tho, we have hope

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Fluke : Thanks for your comment. Mewtwo has a great movepool though, eh?
Grumpig : Thanks for your comment.

This is for the most part directed to Grumpig
To be clear, I said I worked near the SF City Hall, I did not say I lived there. I would have to leave SF's work, walk to the public transit system, take the Bay Area Rapid Transit, head to my car from there, then Drive home. Like I mentioned in the last page, I do not want to give away where I live for privacy reasons, but it is NOT in San Francisco.

I think my quote here proves that already: "I understand, and I could have Ubered to it after work, but its a long trip home from there, so in this case I was local enough to do it, but in the object of saving time opted for the easier way so I could make it home for dinner at a good hour."

When I said I was local, I mentioned that while I was at work I could have Ubered from Work, but not that I live close. Further, if I get off work at 5 pm, then have to wait for the raid at 6 pm, then Uber back to the public transit system, then have to get to my car from there, then have to drive home, etc. It would mean I would be home by 8 PM just to say "I did it legit", where as I spoofed to save 2 hours of my Friday Night doing other things like eat dinner, and go out.

Like I said last page, this Raid is too exclusive and rare to miss out on, and it's not like a Tyranitar raid, or even a Raikou raid where you can just catch one the next day. These are 1x possibly ever for me, especially in beta mode, depending on how it rolls out.

I view it as an exception to a regular raid because it is Exclusive. Sorry, but I don't know if I will catch Mewtwo ever again, and I also don't know how bad the weather was going to be, since it was very cloudy that day.

Please stop projecting your emotional responses to finding out I spoof as an attack and saying I am "disgracing this entire thread", etc. That is personally going after m, further you are more upset at the fact I was closer, than someone who lives further away and spoofs...

All I did was try and share it, and now you turned it into a horrible thread where you are using swear words, and going off in ALL CAPS to make a point. Calm down, grow up, and stop being rude.

OM! Darn, that Mewtwo looks amazing. Too bad it got nerfed so badly. (It got nerfed, right?) I can imagine that it's such a powerhouse that you don't even need any other Pokémon anymore to battle gyms with. Mewtwo bulldozes through everything I suppose.

I kind of despise your style of doing too, though. Especially since you freaking live in SF. The amount of effort you could've taken legitimately to get the Mewtwo apparently wasn't worth it in your eyes. To each their own I guess, let's leave it at that.

The mewtwo is not legit since you blatantly hacked the game for it. Do not give me that "oh i wanted to share this with you guys" bullshit, since that is 100% irrelevant. You were not legitimately there, thus the pokemon you caught is illegitimate. I'm disappointed in a player that LIVES in SAN FRANCISCO and still decides to cheat and defend himself. "I don't feel like it's cheating as much"? I feel like you're disgracing this entire thread by hacking a pokemon and showing it to us. I cannot in good conscience feel anything but disgust for someone who I thought was a decent member of this community. "Bad spoofer who is selfish?" there is no such thing as a good spoofer. At this point, all your contributions are null.

Last edited:
Fluke : Thanks for your comment.
Grumpig : Thanks for your comment.

This is for the most part directed to Grumpig
To be clear, I said I worked near the SF City Hall, I did not say I lived there. I would have to leave SF's work, walk to the public transit system, take the Bay Area Rapid Transit, head to my car from there, then Drive home. Like I mentioned in the last page, I do not want to give away where I live for privacy reasons, but it is NOT in San Francisco.

I think my quote here proves that already: "I understand, and I could have Ubered to it after work, but its a long trip home from there, so in this case I was local enough to do it, but in the object of saving time opted for the easier way so I could make it home for dinner at a good hour."

When I said I was local, I mentioned that while I was at work I could have Ubered from Work, but not that I live close. Further, if I get off work at 5 pm, then have to wait for the raid at 6 pm, then Uber back to the public transit system, then have to get to my car from there, then have to drive home, etc. It would mean I would be home by 8 PM just to say "I did it legit", where as I spoofed to save 2 hours of my Friday Night doing other things like eat dinner, and go out.

Like I said last page, this Raid is too exclusive and rare to miss out on, and it's not like a Tyranitar raid, or even a Raikou raid where you can just catch one the next day. These are 1x possibly ever for me, especially in beta mode, depending on how it rolls out.

I view it as an exception to a regular raid because it is Exclusive. Sorry, but I don't know if I will catch Mewtwo ever again, and I also don't know how bad the weather was going to be, since it was very cloudy that day.

Please stop projecting your emotional responses to finding out I spoof as an attack saying you are "disgusted", etc. That is personally going after me
The purpose of Pokemon Go is to go out, explore, and meet others. Exclusive Raids are meant to reward the players that take the time and effort to be an active player. By spoofing to a nearby raid to fight and catch the boss means it wasn't done legitimately. Regardless if it was a regular raid or exclusive raid, it's still spoofing. It's against the ToS and there are no exceptions for exclusive raids. Yes it may be rare or a one time chance, but it's meant to reward the players who have the dedication to play consistently. I understand life is busy with work, family, other commitments, etc. but being too busy for Pokemon Go isn't a justifiable reason to say it's ok to spoof or to make an exception to violate the ToS.

Edit: Sorry I was typing this on mobile before Codraroll posted.

I'm not seeing any event at the moment. I kind of had the feeling Niantic was just replacing events with raids. Though I hope this isn't the case.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
is that one of the europe events?
Nah it's just a notification that pops up every here and there to keep people playing. This one is just timed hilariously bad because of Hurricane Irma battering the US east coast.

It's a hurricane, and Niantic is encouraging you to go outside and search for Pokémon during it. What could possibly go wrong?
B-but how else am I supposed to catch a Lugia? :(

Just experienced something sad again. We encountered a 1900+ CP Entei in a raid. After beating it (seeing it shrink and the game giving me items), my game crashed. When I started it up again I couldn't get to the catching screen. The timer on the raid wasn't over yet either. I kept restarting for 10 minutes, but it was no use... Bye bye Entei (and Premium Raid pass)...

Just experienced something sad again. We encountered a 1900+ CP Entei in a raid. After beating it (seeing it shrink and the game giving me items), my game crashed. When I started it up again I couldn't get to the catching screen. The timer on the raid wasn't over yet either. I kept restarting for 10 minutes, but it was no use... Bye bye Entei (and Premium Raid pass)...
Usually when the game crashes, you go back into the gym, tap the pokemon again, and it takes you to the "bonus catch challenge." Did you try this?

So... you get +1 Badge XP per minute for holding a Pokémon at a Gym. But when does the XP add up? Does it gradually add up when the Pokémon is in the gym? Or does it get rewarded all at once when your Pokémon gets kicked out? Can anyone clarify?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As of this morning, many of my raid partners here in Connecticut got their exclusive raid passes for recently raiding in a nearby mall scheduled between 6pm-7pm on Friday. Unfortunately I wasn't at any of those recent mall raids so I didn't get one but am hopeful anytime soon now.

Same here, some other people got an EX raid pass for a mall gym from 6-7. Unfortunately I'm mostly restricted to two gyms these days, so I'm mostly just praying for some EX raids to pop up in those places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)