Pokémon GO

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a 100% piloswine I've been awaiting to evolve as well as a lucky 100% eevee which I'll probably evolve to glaceon when the time comes, hopefully soon. Being cramped on storage space I've been trading away the newer stuff in hopes they become perfect or lucky in order to consider keeping them. The starters this generation won't be worth powering up though Staraptor should be a good one so I'm holding out for a good one before evolving.

I have a 100% piloswine I've been awaiting to evolve as well as a lucky 100% eevee which I'll probably evolve to glaceon when the time comes, hopefully soon. Being cramped on storage space I've been trading away the newer stuff in hopes they become perfect or lucky in order to consider keeping them. The starters this generation won't be worth powering up though Staraptor should be a good one so I'm holding out for a good one before evolving.
Eh, Staraptor's potential was slashed a bit when it got stuck with Brave Bird.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Niantic's insistence on not giving Sky Attack to any of the birds (Staraptor, Honchkrow, Togekiss) nukes them quite a bit. Moltres / Ray should still be the leading Flying-types because of their raw DPS.

Meteor Mash added to the GM. 100 Power and a duration of 2.6 seconds puts Metagross on an incredible pedestal.

Calcy's neutral DPS comparison (each at lvl30 100%IV against some generic defender):

Rayquaza DT/O 38.5

Mewtwo Conf/SB 37.5

Metagross BP/MM 36.7

Gengar SC/SB 36.1

Mewtwo PC/SB 35.8

Metagross BP/FC 27.6

Sorry, for whatever reason I thought Togekiss actually got Sky Attack
It gets Sky Attack in the actual games, just not on Pokemon Go. We can always hope for an event I guess; it wouldn't surprise me to get a Togepi community day at some point.

Also, does Meteor Mash make Metagross the best non-legendary attacker, in terms of DPS? As for the rest of the meta, Ghost moves have less resistances but Metagross is really bulky and resists Normal, Psychic, and Fairy moves which makes it ideal for killing Blisseys.

It gets Sky Attack in the actual games, just not on Pokemon Go. We can always hope for an event I guess; it wouldn't surprise me to get a Togepi community day at some point.

Also, does Meteor Mash make Metagross the best non-legendary attacker, in terms of DPS? As for the rest of the meta, Ghost moves have less resistances but Metagross is really bulky and resists Normal, Psychic, and Fairy moves which makes it ideal for killing Blisseys.
Yup, best DPS after Rayquaza and Mewtwo

I understand I don’t have the best of luck, but 90 goddamn captures and not a single viable Beldum is some garbage.

In other news, they’re gonna have Beldum Day again in the near future because of unexpected high traffic in some areas. Meanwhile, Hokkaido still won’t get Moltres Day.

EDIT: After posting this, I finally get a viable Beldum. But get this: it’s not a caught one, I just happened to hatch it from a 10km egg. The most amazing part is that it’s 82.2% so really not even any good.

Managed two more Mewtwo raids but neither had a higher percentage than my previous one. Until they return in raids or some other form, my Mewtwo lineup consists of:

1. 12/15/15 = 93.3%
2. 13/13/15 = 91.1%
3. 14/14/12 = 88.9%
4. 11/13/14 = 84.4%
5. 14/11/10 = 77.8%

Seeing as I'll mainly be using Mewtwo as an attacker, it seems like number 3 is my best option despite not being the highest percentage?

Last edited:

Expert Evan

As ready as can be for community day and to hatch some outstanding eggs from the regional gift event I still had around. I'm hoping one of my new 10k eggs has a Riolu but that could almost be as wishful thinking as winning the 1.6 billion dollars in MegaMillions.

Ugh, it was tiring. But I managed to actually get a perfect and a 15/15/13 Metagross. And only 2 shiny despite catching Arceus knows how many dums I've caught. Oh well... I will see when they'll pull the compensation CD.
I lost two star pieces by server error, but at least I got 80 more just thanks to promoted boxes. Not that I've made much amount of stardusts compared to doing it with research reward stacks....

Anyway, how does this Metagross compare with Dialga (current set and past predicted possible moveset, and maybe Steel Heatran)?

Last edited:
The next Community Day is November 10th, so if they make it before then it'd be really difficult to stock up. Luckily I wasn't too affected by the downtime but I did use a lot of Stardust maxing my eventual 14/15/15 Metagross. Would be nice if they next CD had 2x/3x Stardust.

Expert Evan

While I got a few shinies none of which were worth powering up though evolved one with the highest CP at least, I did manage to get a weather boosted lucky 93.3% with 15 attack/defense & 12 HP so I'm very happy with that at least.

Hopefully the upcoming Halloween event will also include double candy for catch/hatch/transfers as its time to clear space in my box especially with extra legendary pokemon I don't intend to keep holding onto.

I have 3 3200+ CP Metagross now, plus another that's shiny (4 total), feels good man. I did a Mewtwo raid, I couldn't catch it but my friend did so that was still really hype. His is 13/15/11 with Confusion and Focus Blast.

The age of Metagross begins :)

PS I checked a gym and it already has a shiny metagross in it lol

I sort of regret not evolving one of my other Beldum for another usable Metagross now. Hopefully I can get a good steel type in the future so I'm not stuck with just one.

As for the Halloween event, I think we got some ghost teasers last year? I wouldn't mind them doing it again this year but for gen 4 which has some of my favourite ghosts.

Got 6 shiny Beldum and a 15/15/13 lucky one, so I evolved it and powered to no end lol
I hope next CD wont be 11/11, I have little to no time to refill the ton of items I spent today

I got this beast too
Screenshot_20181021-175904.png

I have been seeing an increase in Misdreavus spawns... maybe a hint towards Mismagius?
That'd be nice, I wonder how they're going to distribute the evolution items though. Maybe everyone gets a Dusk Stone on Halloween for the first Poke Stop visit? Or for a 7th day Poke Stop spin during the event period?

On a separate note, it's really about time they switch it up with the 7km eggs. I'm sure a lot of people by now have completed their Alolan collection with a few hundred candy to show for it. Honestly now would've been the perfect time to put the gen 2 and 3 region exclusives in them before the full release of gen 4 and have it overlap a bit with Halloween, but hey what do I know.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

At the moment I'm looking at 2 fully powered Metagross, one I powered up awhile ago with flash cannon and the other I got yesterday with Meteor Mash. The 100 for a one-bar move compared to 100 for a 2-bar move is certainly an eyesore so I'm almost tempted to trade/transfer it so it won't accidentally appear in my future line-up. I managed to incubate a few more eggs just before the event ended so I get the 4x hatch walking distance at least.

Staring at 6 good and one shiny trophy Metagross after Community Day. Had to dump some Rare candies to get the last one but worth it with my stash. Now gonna be walking him for a while and watching for Gym defenders to get myself some more Candy. I had two high levels and some luckies from swapping to get extra candy, but some others have room to improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)