Pokémon Let's Go! - Pikachu and Eevee

If you set the nature with the nature woman in Celadon, will received Pokemon be affected? The ones you get from trainers/trades, for example.

That's great - time to fill my Pokedex with all right natured Pokemon :)

EDIT: Does this also work in the GO Park?

Last edited:
It works normally in the Go park as you do normally catch the Pokemon.

Note that while encounters are still "time limited" like in the overworld, the Pokemon don't disappear if you fail to catch them and you can just try again right away.

Contrary to what one'd expect, you can also SR Go-Park Pokemon without using the Sync NPC, though it's quite tedious.
The game asks you to save when you want to leave the go park... but you can say no and still get out.

I really don't see a reason to not use the Sync NPC. The 10K you need is so easy to obtain.

If you set the nature with the nature woman in Celadon, will received Pokemon be affected? The ones you get from trainers/trades, for example.
I have to correct you here; this is not true. I just set the Sync NPC to Modest, traded my Exeggutor for the Alolan Exeggutor, and got a Quiet one.

So, unfortunately this does not work...

There's something that's crossed my mind last night.

At the usual boring family dinner for NYE, there was my almost-nephew who is like, 11.

He saw on my Switch that I had Let's Go Eevee, so asked me if I could pass him some Pokemon cause he was apparently stuck at some point.

I asked him where he was stuck, because passing him Pokemon wouldn't have really worked as they'd not have obeyed him if he had no badges, and at most I could have helped him pass what was getting him stuck.
So I check his Switch, and saw he was in middle of Rock Tunnel, in front of a trainer with a level 25 Kadabra, while his team was mostly level 20, so the Kadabra quickly murdered everything.

A quick look through his save file made me notice that
- He had caught at most 15 pokemon in the entire run
- His Eevee had no signature move taught
- He didn't know any type matchup bar the most obvious anime taught like "water beats fire"
- He had skipped almost every trainer that was skippable as well as ignored any wild poke he could ignore
- He literally had not sent a single Pokemon to professor Oak (the first poke I sent gave me the message that Oak says when you send the first Pokemon)

I asked him why he tried to ignore everything when the game clearly points to catch everything, and he said he "wanted to finish the game fast".

......Now..... bearing in mind the kid in the example is the kind of very spoiled kid with 3 million consoles and any videogame he asks for, but still... made me wonder...
Is this REALLY the kind of players GameFreak is trying to cather with the constant handholding?
Are Japanese kids also like this, considering it's well known that GF aims at Japan sales first, rest after?
Is the handholding even successful at all, looking that my nephew couldn't even understand he was supposed to catch everything he finds rather than one per species?

Just wild curiosities but I do wonder (also basing myself on the posts in the Unpopular opinion topic), is there really a progressive handholding demand in the Pokemon and otherwise general "indended" audience for kid videogames nowadays? Are GameFreak actually doing it right?

So you're taking one example that you specfically experiencd, and then for some bizzare reason, are implying that everything that the developes put into the game saying what to do is pointless?

Like, surely you can understand how ridiculous it is to do that right?

So you're taking one example that you specfically experiencd, and then for some bizzare reason, are implying that everything that the developes put into the game saying what to do is pointless?

Like, surely you can understand how ridiculous it is to do that right?
I am actually doing the opposite: i took a personal example, matched it with the data provided in the other thread about the type of anime merchandise content japanese kids are interested in since last few years, and wondered if GameFreak are doing the *actually correct* thing and we are wrong about handholding not being appropriate for the intended audience.

Surely showing you didn't understand either post must look ridicolous :P

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
We talked about this on the OI Discord today, and I think it's worth writing down here too:

I think Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee were a (poorly executed) experiment for the future direction of the franchise.

The Pokémon main series has had a really big problem for a while, and every new game has kept making it worse: Content pile-up. Counting all significant form differences (i.e. not Spinda or most gender differences), the games contain some 900 Pokémon to model, texturise, animate and write copy over Pokédex entries for. There are also hundreds upon hundreds of moves, abilities, and items, not to mention the myriads of various little mechanics that have been introduced over the years. Stuff like Trick-or-Treat assigning a third type temporarily during battle, Curse having a different effect when Ghost-types use it, or Inkay evolving above a certain level when the console is turned upside down. Frankly, it takes years of being a fan to get an overview of it all, to keep track of what moves have what effects, which Pokémon can have which abilities, and what all the hold items do. Even then, access to an information database such as Serebii or Bulbapedia is still practically mandatory to remember everything.

There's only a certain amount of all this content a player can experience in a regular playthrough (heck, only a certain amount of it the games can inform players about, without littering the overworld with Trainer Tips signs), and Pokémon is notoriously punishing when it comes to replays. Starting over means losing all your progress. Even if you start over, it would take many playthroughs before you've seen every ability, or the full movesets of every available Pokémon. And even then, the games contain approximately 3-4 times more Pokémon than can feasibly be featured in their story portions. Even XY barely had half the Pokémon available at the time in its famously stuffed regional dex. There will inevitably be a titanic backlog of Pokémon left to the post-game, usually obtainable only through trading or transferring. Most players will never put a fraction of them to use. And still, the developers have to make sure everything works in every game. One almost has to ask, for how long can they keep this up?

In PLG, Game Freak has tried to address this problem in two ways:

First, by scaling down the amount of content. No Pokémon beyond the original 151. Almost all items and almost all moves are gone. No abilities, no weathers, no terrains, no Wonder Room, no National Dex. What is left is a manageable number of monsters and moves to keep track of in a single playthrough. It is possible to play through the game once and see most of what it has to offer.

The second way is by shifting the focus of a significant portion of the gameplay: wild Pokémon encounters. It is no longer about battling the wild Pokémon and capturing one only if you want to use it. Now, you're meant to capture every creature that comes your way, enticing players to eventually collect the entire Pokédex instead of only the handful of 'mons they want to use in that playthrough.

The execution leaves a lot to be desired, however. Excluding everything beyond Gen I was an insult to everyone whose favourite Pokémon was introduced later. It made Game Freak look like they wanted to disregard anything created after they struck it big the first time. Some Pokémon evolution lines feel woefully incomplete without their Gen II or IV additions, such as those of Zubat, Porygon or Scyther. Meanwhile, later-gen marketing fads such as Mega Evolution or Alola forms were included even though they have nothing to do with Gen I. Sure, the developers stuck to the original 151 for nostalgia reasons, but it almost makes me wonder whose nostalgia.

Moreover, by shifting the focus away from battling, the games peter out as soon as the credits roll. Why complete a Pokémon collection if you can't use the Pokémon for anything? Throwing yourself against the Elite Four time and time again is not fun, the Master Trainers negate the whole idea of team building, and they didn't bother to create a working PVP scene. Pokémon went from a game you could have endless fun with, and come back to play over and over again, to a game you play, finish and forget. That's probably not the key to sustaining long-term success.

Anyway, that's beside the point. The point is that PLG probably served as a first attempt to implement some measures the main series has to consider taking in the coming years as well. It was a seriously botched implementation, and the games were worse than FRLG in almost every way, but it still stands that the Pokémon games can't continue piling up content forever. Something has to break, if not in Gen 8 it will break even harder later on. However, the solution is clearly not to just reset the clock to 1996 and hope player preferences can be set back likewise.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"Wanted To Finish The Game Fast":
That's an interesting insight that Worldie had, and though my younger cousins don't have Let's Go I think they would be the same way (however they do have Smash and, despite having it for a few days before I visited them, they only had a handful of characters unlocked, in the time I was there I helped unlocked more characters then they had (though the battles to unlock characters are surprisingly tough)). And can we really blame kids for wanting to get through a game fast? With so many games available for them to play, to get that kids demographic, for a game to standout they need to offer an experience that's quick to pick up, get through, and put down.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING A GAME SHOULD BE SHORT. Rather, I think previous core series Pokemon titles are a perfect example of this mindset: you can pick up a Pokemon game, play for a bit making some progress, and then save anywhere & shut down the game to continue later. As long as the game is engaging they'll return to play it, at least until they finish the main game (and maybe any post game story). Even before the days of "Key Item Exp. Share" the Pokemon games were balanced so that, for the most part, a player with a dedicated team would be at the proper level (the challenge mainly being in knowing Type match-ups, moves, and Abilities). And despite all the jokes about hatching hundreds of eggs, that's only a thing if you want to make a competitive team, at no point in the main game are you expected to hatch eggs.

But that's where Let's Go is different and makes a major mistake: it makes grinding required or at least highly suggested. I'm wondering if Worldie's nephew had been to inclined to skip not catch so many Pokemon or skip battles if it was a normal Pokemon game where battles are more engaging. By Let's Go removing wild battles & suggesting you catch a lot of the same species of wild Pokemon to not only easily experience grind but also trade in for stat boosting candy, it does seem the game is making you work TO battle instead of having battles have a constant presence. They're not asking the player to grind or else they'll end up as your nephew with an underpowered team.

This goes back to them forcing the GO mechanics. Those mechanics work in GO because you're not playing a dedicated experience. You're walking around in real life so don't have time to stand still and battle, just throw a Poke Ball and go. Gyms and Poke Spots are landmarks, stores, etc. because those are natural places you may stop at so you have time to do a battle. But a console game doesn't have this limitation because it's an experience you not only play when you're sitting around but you're also playing in a digitally created world where the most amount of real life movement you do is with your thumbs.

Content Pile-Up:
There's only a certain amount of all this content a player can experience in a regular playthrough (heck, only a certain amount of it the games can inform players about, without littering the overworld with Trainer Tips signs)
Maybe if they did more with the Trainer School we could have a location with at least the very basic details of all mechanics in one location.

Starting over means losing all your progress. Even if you start over, it would take many playthroughs before you've seen every ability, or the full movesets of every available Pokémon.
I'm going to say it: Pokemon needs multiple save files. Also wouldn't hurt to have a New Game+ mode or some sort. Maybe even add in special campaigns that unlock after the main game where you play a mini-story with a pre-made team. While still a player will never experience every Pokemon, Move, Ability, and Item, they would at least still get a nice chunk without having to restart their only save file.

Also wouldn't hurt to have better distribution for not only wild Pokemon but also trainers, and having trainers using more Pokemon (and maybe letting us rematch them where they would have evolved Pokemon).

In PLG, Game Freak has tried to address this problem in two ways:

First, by scaling down the amount of content. No Pokémon beyond the original 151. Almost all items and almost all moves are gone. No abilities, no weathers, no terrains, no Wonder Room, no National Dex. What is left is a manageable number of monsters and moves to keep track of in a single playthrough. It is possible to play through the game once and see most of what it has to offer.
I have no issue limiting the Pokedex to just the regional dex (though I expect the regional dex to be respectable in size). As for being able to get the Pokemon outside of the regional dex, while obviously I would like that done, if they could create a tighter game experience by initially excluding outside regional dex Pokemon I don't see why not. They could then add in the extra Pokemon later via free DLC, and once all Pokemon families are in the game they could release the third version/second paired games with all the Pokemon in it (plus the extra content those games should have).

And by doing this they'd also limit Moves and Abilities. Abilities add an additional layer to battles, changing how certain Pokemon play (and some Pokemon can't operate properly without their Abilities). They shouldn't be removed. As for Weather, Terrain, and Rooms, the issue with them isn't that they exist but rather no one uses them. Maybe if they had more trainers using them or have a way to activate these field effects outside of using a move/having an Ability that summons it they wouldn't feel like a foreign concept that adds "bulk".

Also they need to make more Items available during the game to also not make them feel like added "bulk". You have the Poke Marts, just distribute most of the held items throughout them (maybe even giving certain Marts specific items they only sell).

The second way is by shifting the focus of a significant portion of the gameplay: wild Pokémon encounters. It is no longer about battling the wild Pokémon and capturing one only if you want to use it. Now, you're meant to capture every creature that comes your way, enticing players to eventually collect the entire Pokédex instead of only the handful of 'mons they want to use in that playthrough.
I understand the need to make Pokemon about more than battling... but the main reason you play a core series Pokemon game IS for the battling. It's an unfortunate paradox that understandably haunts GF. Of course, whenever they introduce an alternative to battling they more often then not then remove it next game. Pokemon Contests, Pokeathlon, Pokemon Musicals, PokeStar Studios... they give you them for one or two generations but scrap it the next. Thankfully Pokemon Refresh looks like it's sticking around, though despite its cute aesthetic it is rather limited (would be nice if they combined USUM's photo mode to it but I can see that disappearing).

Moreover, by shifting the focus away from battling, the games peter out as soon as the credits roll. (...) Pokémon went from a game you could have endless fun with, and come back to play over and over again, to a game you play, finish and forget. That's probably not the key to sustaining long-term success.
I'm surprised Let's Go doesn't have a Battle Tower, that's a MAJOR exclusion which directly takes away from the game as it doesn't leave at least someplace you can test your skill in against a wide variety of trainers.

Though just in general, if they're not going to bring back the Battle Frontier, they need to add more onto the post game Battle Tower expy. It's neat they have important NPCs (from both current and past games) as boss battles at end of long streaks, but it's still the same battling style (single, double, & tag). Why not add Rental Battles? Inverse Battles were pretty popular, why not add that as a mode? Little Cup gives unevolved Pokemon a chance to show their stuff. We talked about how Weather/Terrain/Rooms aren't used that often, how about a mode where one of those activate at the start of the battle? Just because you don't want to spend the effort making a whole Battle Frontier because you think no one will see it doesn't mean you should also toss out the ideas it brought to change battles in interesting ways.

(...) But it still stands that the Pokémon games can't continue piling up content forever. Something has to break, if not in Gen 8 it will break even harder later on. However, the solution is clearly not to just reset the clock to 1996 and hope player preferences can be set back likewise.
How about this for a solution: stop introducing new mechanics and FOCUS on improving, fixing, and building upon the mechanics they have! Introduce more Mega Pokemon (ideally for Pokemon who honestly need them), expand upon the Z-Crystals, make Customization more open, add and build on the photo mode to Pokemon Refresh, work upon Weather/Terrain/Rooms/Hazards (including removing hazards) and all those other mechanics. They have a wide surface of mechanics but shallow depth, instead of trying to increase the length maybe focus on making it deeper.

Also, GF, take your time (and Nintendo, Pokemon Compnay, or whatever may be forcing them doing a near yearly release, back off). Don't make Pokemon like Madden where there's a new game every year. We don't need that, and we probably wouldn't feel so burned out if you hadn't done that. After the first initial Gen 8 paired game, take 2 or 3 years to develop the next games and keep doing that.

Last edited:
Though just in general, if they're not going to bring back the Battle Frontier, they need to add more onto the post game Battle Tower expy. It's neat they have important NPCs (from both current and past games) as boss battles at end of long streaks, but it's still the same battling style (single, double, & tag). Why not add Rental Battles? Inverse Battles were pretty popular, why not add that as a mode? Little Cup gives unevolved Pokemon a chance to show their stuff. We talked about how Weather/Terrain/Rooms aren't used that often, how about a mode where one of those activate at the start of the battle? Just because you don't want to spend the effort making a whole Battle Frontier because you think no one will see it doesn't mean you should also toss out the ideas it brought to change battles in interesting ways.
Technically they did this with the Agency in USUM.

Once more... very poorly executed, expecially due to forcing you to rely on friends to obtain the other 2 Pokemon, which is a terrible design as it screws people with lack of friends who play USUM or that are interested.
You're using what are basically AI sets (so basically rental battles), and the further you go the more field conditions happen (both terrains and weather, sadly no Trick Room which is a shame as it could have been also added).

Also, it would be by time with the Switch that they allow "multi battles" in facilities to be played online: it'd add *a ton* of longevity to the title as well as something that'd be very fun. I could get to meme with Smuckem at last!

I'm going to say it: Pokemon needs multiple save files.
Minor positive note: Let's Go actually allows this, as you can create another Switch profile (up to 8 i believe?) and it will have a separate save file.
I am not sure this was *intended*, but it's there nontheless and going to stick around for gen 8 games as it's a Switch mechanic after all.

I think Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee were a (poorly executed) experiment for the future direction of the franchise.
I am glad Codraroll agreed with me with what I was saying since the day Let's Go was announced.

It's pretty evident Let's Go was a major experiment to see how some features would have been received.

It's pretty clear the experiment went terribly: the "intended audience" lost interest in it pretty fast (see the bad sales number after the release), the "we pretended it will appeal everyone" audience felt they got cheated.

While Let's Go did some stuff right (I insist wild Pokemon in the Overworld should *definitely* stick as a mechanic, but that's personal opinion), it's pretty clear some other things were done terribly. I'll not re-list them as you both went over them quite well.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Technically they did this with the Agency in USUM.
Yeah, I'm thinking rental battles as in Battle Factory. Honestly, looking through not only the Battle Frontier's Battle Facilities but also Battle Revolution's Colosseum format, I think most you can do in the Battle Tower expy with a little effort:

Gen III Battle Frontier:
Palace: Gimmick was you didn't have control over your Pokemon, it was their Nature that decided what moves they used. Not hard to implement... but at the same time I don't remember this one being popular due to having to train up a Pokemon of a specific Nature instead of the best one for the Pokemon. So probably a SKIP.
Pyramid: You travel up the pyramid, each floor having a theme, there's also items you can find and use. A SKIP. While I would like an exploration area that follows the Battle Pyramid's gimmick, I think it would be more suited for a White Treehollow/Black Tower-like location (something else I think they should bring back and build upon).
Dome: Knock-out Tournament. This is as easy as it gets. BRING BACK.
Arena: You only get three turns and cannot switch, if a Pokemon doesn't faint by three turns a group of judges decide who did the best and knock out the loser. Not only possible but guarantees that the whole round will end by 9 turns so is also a quick one, and unlike the Palace you may be rewarded for smart planning and on-the-dime thinking. BRING BACK.
Pike: Your travel through the pike, picking one of three hallways which may result in a battle, something good/bad happening to your party, or nothing. Now at first this may sound like they'd have to skip it, but let's simplify the mechanics. Let's say instead of picking a hall you're asked which one of three trainers would you like to face next (or Trainer Classes) and be given a hint about one of them like in the Pike. You then pick one and depending on your choice you either have a battle or an event happens. The Pike gave an illusion of exploration but it's more you make a streak of one of three choices. BRING BACK.

Gen IV Battle Frontier:
Arcade:
Before every battle a roulette board will spin and effect either you, your opponent, or both with either a good/bad event or nothing. Similar gimmick as the Pike but instead of letting you choose its random. Since all that's happening is a board of tiles flashing (or whatever visual you want to show) it's easy enough to implement, the main question would be if it would it make sense to have both Pike's and Arcade's mechanic or drop one for the other (or maybe combine them together); but that's not the question we're concerned with here. BRING BACK.
Castle: After every battle you get CP (Castle Points) which you can then spend on getting an advantage in the next battle (heal your Pokemon, get an item, weaken the opponent's, etc.). A bit more complicated but I see no reason why they can't re-label CP and just let you spend the points you accumulated just before going to the next battle. BRING BACK.
Hall: 1-v-1 singe battles where you pick a Type and the next opponent you face will use a Pokemon of that Type. Real simple, BRING BACK.

Battle Revolution: (NOTE: I'm just going to mention the Colosseums with gimmicks that haven't been done yet by the above)
Neon: You and your opponent's Pokemon are all put on a wheel and you're given 4 darts, the wheel spins and you through the darts and whatever Pokemon it lands on is the Pokemon you use whether it's your or your opponent's (the opponent does the same, you and them taking turns until all four darts are used). A bit of a chaotic mechanic, though I think a fun one they can easily do as it would only involve as much work as the Arcade. BRING BACK.
Sunny Park: When it does start having a gimmick it's Little Cup, only the lowest stage of an evolution family may be used and at Level 5. Now the work here is having to make movesets for all the lowest stages that will only be used here. But that can be done so I say it's a BRING BACK.
Magma: Round-robin tournament. A unique style if you think about it as it's the only one where you can lose a battle but the battles go on and you can still win (just you have a less of a chance to with each loss). And I can't see it involving that much work, BRING BACK.

And then we have other types of styles like Inverse Battles (there's also Triple, Rotation, and Sky Battles if they ever bring those back). And that's not even mentioning the mix-and-matching potential. Like instead of having as its own thing they could make Rental/Factory, Neon, Sunny Park/Little Cup, and Inverse Battles just a modes which you can use in another battle style like in Dome, Arena, Arcade, Castle, Hall, & Magma (in addition to normal battles; and you could have multiple modes active). So much more they can do, but bare minimum is just so much easier to do...

Also, it would be by time with the Switch that they allow "multi battles" in facilities to be played online: it'd add *a ton* of longevity to the title as well as something that'd be very fun.
Exactly! Gen IV was probably capable of doing this!

It's pretty evident Let's Go was a major experiment to see how some features would have been received.
I think we were all in agreement of that, maybe not to the extent that Codraroll mentioned but we knew GF was testing their limits in various places.

I insist wild Pokemon in the Overworld should *definitely* stick as a mechanic, but that's personal opinion.
I agree but to a lesser extent. If they bring this mechanic to the core series I think having a Pokemon walking on the overworld should be an infrequent phenomenon. In addition you can use Lures to increase the amount of Pokemon walking on the overworld.

I don't want to completely get rid of the traditional random wild encounters since those do have some positives, the right mixture of both would be the best.

I agree but to a lesser extent. If they bring this mechanic to the core series I think having a Pokemon walking on the overworld should be an infrequent phenomenon. In addition you can use Lures to increase the amount of Pokemon walking on the overworld.

I don't want to completely get rid of the traditional random wild encounters since those do have some positives, the right mixture of both would be the best.
To be honest, even in Let's Go, you have "unavoidable" encounters when a Poke spawns right in front of your face. Happens every so often. They could just make that happen as well, or have certain wild pokemon "ambush" or chase you (stuff like predators or otherwise aggressive species, I don't see why a Beedrill or a Houndour would not attack the player on sight).

Finally, Hanke says that Nintendo and the Pokémon Company – the Nintendo joint venture that owns the trademark – have been very pleased with both “Pokémon Go” and “Pokémon: Let’s Go,” and are looking for more "synergies" between the game and the core franchise. That’s good news for Niantic, too, Hanke says.
Ah, just what I wanted to hear /s Source

Ah, just what I wanted to hear /s Source
I have two main questions/concerns/opinions about that post.

1) They said they want to further improve Go link with other titles: were they meaning empowering the option to transfer pokes from Go to Switch (and back?) OR they were referring to implementing again Go mechanics in the core games?

2) They said they are "happy with Let's Go results", which for me means that either they are flat out lieing, OR Go actually sold well in Japan (not that I know), OR as I supposed, they didn't have much expectations for Go sales to begin with and even selling 4 million copies in 2 months is a success.

Japan has multiple outlets that report sales down to the unit weekly, and the last report from the most reputable (MediaCreate) has Let's Go selling 1,414,948 copies in Japan. That puts it behind Smash Brothers Ultimate (which was over 3 million) and Monster Hunter World (2+ million), but I can't think of anything else that would beat it in terms of 2018 releases there.

Japan has multiple outlets that report sales down to the unit weekly, and the last report from the most reputable (MediaCreate) has Let's Go selling 1,414,948 copies in Japan. That puts it behind Smash Brothers Ultimate (which was over 3 million) and Monster Hunter World (2+ million), but I can't think of anything else that would beat it in terms of 2018 releases there.
It'd mean that if Let's Go sold about 4-5 million copies total so far, a solid 30% of those is Japan alone...

Which would indeed reflect that their design is actually liked in Japan, and since we sort-of aknowledged that GF cares mainly for Japan sales and everthing else is just "added benefits", it'd show why they would be happy about the sales.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I have two main questions/concerns/opinions about that post.

1) They said they want to further improve Go link with other titles: were they meaning empowering the option to transfer pokes from Go to Switch (and back?) OR they were referring to implementing again Go mechanics in the core games?

2) They said they are "happy with Let's Go results", which for me means that either they are flat out lieing, OR Go actually sold well in Japan (not that I know), OR as I supposed, they didn't have much expectations for Go sales to begin with and even selling 4 million copies in 2 months is a success.
1) Ugh, I hope they just mean transferring Pokemon. Like, I wouldn't mind them bringing back walking Pokemon and the wild Pokemon appearing on the overworld (though I think they should also have normal wild encounters), but I hope they don't bring in the catching mechanic (and de-emphasizing battles) and the Candy system. That's fine for Let's Go, if they make another Let's Go game they can keep doing that. But this is something the Core series doesn't need.

2) Which is another confusing thing as Let's Go didn't sell anywhere near a core series title numbers. So they must have expected it not to sell as much. And it could be that reason why they're thinking of adding some elements to the main game (hopefully the ones which were liked and not criticized). It makes me wonder if GF realizes that it's Pokemon's name alone (and it being a spiritual remake of Yellow) that made it sell as many copies that it did and had nothing to do with the GO mechanics (infact I'd say if it didn't have the GO mechanics, had everything they stripped away, and put more thought into expanding the region and story they may have sold more copies...).

But here's another question: would them focusing on trying to find a way to implement some of the Let's Go mechanics take away from developing more unique things for the next gen games? There is a balance that can be reached but GF has proven time and time again it has no idea what it's doing.

Hopefully they keep the Go mechanics in Let's Go, which will only be used as a placeholder between main series games, thus giving them more time to develop those games instead. Nobody is buying both Let's Go and the main series game if they come out every year or every other year.

Hopefully they keep the Go mechanics in Let's Go, which will only be used as a placeholder between main series games, thus giving them more time to develop those games instead. Nobody is buying both Let's Go and the main series game if they come out every year or every other year.
I doubt there'll be more Let's Go titles.

Ultimately, the idea of a hybrid game that also has nostalgia factors somewhat worked because it's the first on the console and unique in its mechanics.

The interest for a sequel on gen 2 (or more) would demand significantly more tham just a hd remake of the exact same game.

I doubt there'll be more Let's Go titles.

Ultimately, the idea of a hybrid game that also has nostalgia factors somewhat worked because it's the first on the console and unique in its mechanics.

The interest for a sequel on gen 2 (or more) would demand significantly more tham just a hd remake of the exact same game.
I don't see them redoing gen 2 or gen 3 so soon, after all gen 2 is basically gen 1 expanded and we had ORAS not long ago, but now that they're moving on to gen 8 on the main series and hopefully not looking back, I wouldn't be surprised if they used Let's Go for all their remakes. People have been craving for gen 4 remakes for a long time, maybe that could be next in 2020/21, leaving the next main series game after this year to 2021/22. By then it'll have been long enough since gen 5 for a Let's Go Black/White in 2022/23. Who knows, maybe Go won't even be a thing by then though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)