Pokémon Let's Go! - Pikachu and Eevee

I don’t follow how that’s confirmation bias. That’s just...people having preferences about the type of game they like.
Insofar as a site aimed at competitive Pokémon players probably doesn’t have the most representative sample of the player base as a whole, not to mention this thread has mostly been populated by a handful of the same users so it’s not even a good sample of this site alone.

My point is that people here being virtually unanimous that the game is a travesty doesn’t necessarily mean that’s how the majority of the fan base feels and that the game is doomed to fail. Pre-orders have fallen off pretty starkly but they were very strong when they first became available and I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a big second wave of buyers once the price drops, since anecdotally it seems like people think the game looks fun but not worth a full AAA price tag given its stripped down nature.

Insofar as a site aimed at competitive Pokémon players probably doesn’t have the most representative sample of the player base as a whole, not to mention this thread has mostly been populated by a handful of the same users so it’s not even a good sample of this site alone.

My point is that people here being virtually unanimous that the game is a travesty doesn’t necessarily mean that’s how the majority of the fan base feels and that the game is doomed to fail. Pre-orders have fallen off pretty starkly but they were very strong when they first became available and I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a big second wave of buyers once the price drops, since anecdotally it seems like people think the game looks fun but not worth a full AAA price tag given its stripped down nature.
OK, but that’s not what confirmation bias is. People aren’t misjudging the information about the game. They just don’t like it.

OK, but that’s not what confirmation bias is. People aren’t misjudging the information about the game. They just don’t like it.
I’m not talking about individual people’s opinion of the game or saying they’ll be proven wrong about it once it comes out. I’m talking about inferring from the collective opinions here that the game is a flop that’s contrary to everything the fan base wants, which people have been saying.

False alarm, it appears the fortune teller doesn’t “change” natures, it more or less acts like Synchronize for a day.

Oh well.

Didnt know it has no Pro Controller support... man that sucks, but I guess I will get it anyways
Seems like a decent Kanto take on and it might be quite a challenge with easy to control levels

Also: I think Baddy Bad really hit the "really are Japanese kids this stupid" level. No, seriously, there's a fine line between funny name and terrible joke.
Uh, no, that's just poor translation. The Japanese use terms like ざぶざぶ and メラメラ on a regular basis, it's basically their onomatopoeia. Hell, there are six terms to describe the heaviness of rainfall: しょぼしょぼ, しとしと, ぽつぽつ, ぱらぱら, ばらばら, and ざあざあ. These names are 100% normal to them but for some reason the American team decided to give them ridiculous names like these. We went over this almost two months ago with other versions of the games and it's fine in literally every other language available.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like Meltan itself is also secretly chunky, quite possibly having the same base HP as its large evolution:

Without EV investment this is a range of base 112-129. Of course I will reiterate Theorymon's point about not taking this for granted with all the candy fuckery.

Also did anyone else know that the floor that sells Evo stones in Celadon is called "Wiseman Gifts"? I saw that in the Treehouse footage today and was baffled about what it could be, but apparently it was called that in FRLG.
Funnily enough this is one of the few instances where I think its HP stat is likely to be the most accurate, since it's freshly caught, so no candy stuff messing with it!

Makes me wonder if Gamefreak will do something interesting like make Meltan have similar defensive stats, but worse offensive stats. Could make Meltan worth something for Eviolite stuff next gen!

Wait, how are the players catching Meltan in LGPE? I thought you had to catch Meltan in Go and then transfer like any other Go transfer.

Wait, how are the players catching Meltan in LGPE? I thought you had to catch Meltan in Go and then transfer like any other Go transfer.
You have to catch a Pokemon in Go, transfer it to Let's Go, then you'll receive a Mystery Box in Go that spawns Meltan for 30 minutes once opened. Catch Meltan in Go and transfer to Let's Go. If it sounds completely unnecessarily long-winded and a cash grab for Go players who are unsure of Let's Go, that's because it is.

That still doesn't explain how Meltan is apparently catchable in Let's Go though. I thought Meltan could only be caught in Go.

??? The video screencap above shows the "caught a Pokemon" screen with Meltan on it.

Edit: Oh. I feel dumb now.

Last edited:
Nice to see the new footage, I guess Viridian Forest was getting old.

Looks like Meltan itself is also secretly chunky, quite possibly having the same base HP as its large evolution:

Without EV investment this is a range of base 112-129. Of course I will reiterate Theorymon's point about not taking this for granted with all the candy fuckery.
The first screen could just be showing GO stats and they could be recalculated, though I'm not sure of the real difference between the games. In the first E3 footage they hacked in some GO Park mons that just had 1 stat across the board with 1 CP and it had 2 CP when the battle started. There's also the notice that says "Information may be changed from when it was Pokemon GO" which seems like you're looking at that old info.

1541133951251.png
1541133534694.png

1541133558781.png

Also this Meltan catch drops 2 Mighty/Attack Candy and the GO Park minigame with it yields 1 Smart Candy, seems like one of these is just random.

New "Autograph" item, probably a key item. I would say this comes from the fan club guy or Bill.
1541133755486.png

The Eevee tutor looks like a master trainer version of the Tamer.
1541134161628.png
1541134135985.png
1541134147382.png

Great Balls cost $300

1541134677354.png

Attachments

Last edited:
It's longer but basically another overview of the game and such. Maybe some kind of English video will come out soon to match.

0:59: Nice Gracidea reference, I didn't expect one with all the Gen 1 focus so far.
1:25: The trade tube aesthetic from Gen 1's back as well, easier to notice with the full animation
3:54: Charizard has ThunderPunch, so punches are back as tutors/TMs.

3:54: Charizard has ThunderPunch, so punches are back as tutors/TMs.
Inclusion of Tutors is very likely because realistically you will need those to deal with some of the Master trainers.

Also I just realized something on the Masters trainers... they were all shown using normal pokes, so you can likely bruteforce some by using Megas if they are already available at that point.

So in terms of that Masuda article up above:

It will be interesting to see if Masuda leaving will rid Pokemon of some of the falls that have been weighing it down for years for many people (you can't get your hopes on the new guys possibly making a Breath of the Wild for the Pokemon series). Things like the hand-holding, lack of much post-game content, reliance of gimmicks, and excessive fanservice I'm not even sure can be blamed solely on him. (The more 'rushed' nature of gens 6 and 7 could be his fault, and thus could explain the lack of much post-game)

Either way, I actually hope the series does take on a direction different from the 3DS titles from now on. Unlike some others here, I actually don't think any of the 3DS titles were bad games (actually they were quite good), but they did have crippling flaws that I hope Gen 8 gets rid of.

Apparently Let's Go is the first game Masuda has directed since XY though, so now I'm not sure.
Now I'm conflicted. XY was meh, I despised having traveling with so many people 'cause of all the extra dialog, ORAS I actually liked, SM was meh again and USUM was garbage. I remember reading something about SM being directed or developed by the younger B team or something though I'm not 100% sure about that.

Now I'm conflicted. XY was meh, I despised having traveling with so many people 'cause of all the extra dialog, ORAS I actually liked, SM was meh again and USUM was garbage. I remember reading something about SM being directed or developed by the younger B team or something though I'm not 100% sure about that.
You have to always consider that even though there's a "lead director", game design isn't done by a single person. :)

The youngsters were the ones that led USUM while the oldies were with both Let's Go and the 2019 game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)