Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be what I mean :p
I'll try once more before sleeping. What about a move which dealt more power to MEvo'ed Pokemon? it could be similar to brine where the power doubles. Or maybe an ability like rivalry but against mega pokemon? That's not as good. uhhh, I'm gonna sleep on it and see what I think of, maybe some stuff not relating to MEvos

Last edited:
that would be what I mean :p
I'll try once more before sleeping. What about a move which dealt more power to MEvo'ed Pokemon? it could be similar to brine where the power doubles. Or maybe an ability like rivalry but against mega pokemon? That's not as good. uhhh, I'm gonna sleep on it and see what I think of, maybe some stuff not relating to MEvos
With (Mega) Evolution comes Co-Evolution after all :) I'm more than sure there may very well be counters...but maybe less distribution. Nice thoughts, sweet dreams :p

Look Helioptile HP from min 6
Whoa. My German's rusty, but something about bringing out the best of itself. Regardless, it held on with 1 HP and that's interesting. Pokemon Amie may seriously shake things up because I doubt that's unrelated.

Good catch! Yeah that's definitely Pokemon-Amie related based on the Heart that floated of Helioptile's head after and it looking back towards you. I wonder if this "endure" effect is one time only per fight. Like if I were to then heal my helioptile up to full with a Super Potion, would this happen again? Or have the potential to, I should say?

Good catch! Yeah that's definitely Pokemon-Amie related based on the Heart that floated of Helioptile's head after and it looking back towards you. I wonder if this "endure" effect is one time only per fight. Like if I were to then heal my helioptile up to full with a Super Potion, would this happen again? Or have the potential to, I should say?
It could be chance based. The bond with Pokemon from Amie may result in various chance happenings such as suddenly landing a critical, enduring a finishing blow and other things. In that case, it could potentially happen more than once. However, I would assume it would have a very low chance of happening if that were the case. There's definitely a chance that certain effects could cap out at once per battle, though. Of course, it could be set up in such a way that you choose an effect via Amie to attach to the Pokemon in question, instead. I'm intrigued.

This certainly brings a bit more life to battles, though. It gives the Pokemon some extra personality. I expect this to bring about some grand stories!

It definitely adds a very personal touch to battles doesn't it? More immersive in the sense that you feel like you're pokemon are living creatures. I've heard people say that Pokemon-Amie is the Nintendogs of pokemon, and maybe thats not such a bad thing after all :P

On another note, Mewtwo's cry in X and Y is almost identical to his stadium cry

Stadium Cry -

X & Y Cry at 6:36 -

It could be chance based. The bond with Pokemon from Amie may result in various chance happenings such as suddenly landing a critical, enduring a finishing blow and other things. In that case, it could potentially happen more than once. However, I would assume it would have a very low chance of happening if that were the case. There's definitely a chance that certain effects could cap out at once per battle, though. Of course, it could be set up in such a way that you choose an effect via Amie to attach to the Pokemon in question, instead. I'm intrigued.

This certainly brings a bit more life to battles, though. It gives the Pokemon some extra personality. I expect this to bring about some grand stories!
I don't like it that much... it just makes battles even more luck based instead of skill based, which in my opinion should be more important. Just imagine you're battling against another player and he endures a hit he wasn't supposed to because that time he got lucky... that's not fair.
I mean, it's already annoying to face certain ParaFlinch sets (I'm looking at you Togekiss), you just have to mash buttons and hope Lady Luck is on your side. No skill involved.

I don't like it that much... it just makes battles even more luck based instead of skill based, which in my opinion should be more important. Just imagine you're battling against another player and he endures a hit he wasn't supposed to because that time he got lucky... that's not fair.
I mean, it's already annoying to face certain ParaFlinch sets (I'm looking at you Togekiss), you just have to mash buttons and hope Lady Luck is on your side. No skill involved.
I have the strong sense that Pokemon-Amie effects will not be included in Wi-fi Battles, so hopefully this wont be too much of an issue. May lead to some frustrating Gym and Elite 4 Battles if in-game trainers have Pokemon-Amied pokemon though

I have the strong sense that Pokemon-Amie effects will not be included in Wi-fi Battles, so hopefully this wont be too much of an issue. May lead to some frustrating Gym and Elite 4 Battles if in-game trainers have Pokemon-Amied pokemon though
I really hope you're right...

I really hope you're right...
It probably would have come into play in the exhibition battle if it were going to be prominent in multiplayer. Though, depending on how it's implemented, I might not mind it in multiplayer. If it were just chance, it could be bad. If it's set up so that you set effects for Pokemon such as the ability to endure once or a higher critical chance, it could become just another factor like a Pokemon's ability. It's also possible to make it chance based while still being somewhat controlled.

There's not really enough information yet to actually judge it. So for now, I'm just going to stay in an "I'm very interested in knowing more about this because it seems fun" mindset. It's a new generation with a lot of new features and it's got me excited haha.

Well now it makes more sense. I knew that PokeAmie was there to give your Pokémon a stronger chance of surviving through battle, but having an increased chance for critical hits didn't seem like enough. With a passive Endure, everybody gets a little something out of it. Now what I'm curious to know is whether or not these effects come from special stats created by the use of PokeAmie, or if they're tied directly to the friendship stat. One could possibly be programmed to turn off when wifi battles start, the other would be trickier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)