Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been confirmed that the games will be on the eshop at Midnight on the 12th?
If you go to the eShop, there's a ticker that says this. So, Midnight when it updates. I think it goes off Eastern time for the US, but I wouldn't quote me on that last part. But the midnight thing is a definite yes.

I'd imagine if they are gonna use patches for stuff, it'll most likely be to patch in stuff they add in for Z, such as new forms and the items that are required for those forms.
This is actually a very good point, if you consider in the past, players with Platinum would not be able to enter battles with DP users if they had Skymin/Giratina-O on their team. A patch to XY once Z comes out would resolve this, and it could add models for trainers (If there were new models/customisation options).

Totally forgot about the virtual download. Why bother going to the store. Good shout.

That's my plan then. Midnight release at home.

The only issue that might come with the Digital Download is the large file size (I believe it is 1.7 gigs, please correct me if I'm wrong) and the excessive load on the server from so many people who will do that. Granted, if you start it at midnight and go to sleep, it should be finished in the morning for you.

The only issue that might come with the Digital Download is the large file size (I believe it is 1.7 gigs, please correct me if I'm wrong) and the excessive load on the server from so many people who will do that. Granted, if you start it at midnight and go to sleep, it should be finished in the morning for you.
Well that doesn't help me at all. Will probably travel to stores for the hard copy then. Gotta play it that night!

Best bet is if you live in an area where there is a 24 Hour Wal-Mart, go there. They are guaranteed to do a "Midnight Release", as theat's standard operating hours.

That sucks, I really want a digital copy... I'll see how the download speed looks before I decide whether to stay up all night or not.

I'm hoping Amazon delivers close to the release date (I'm assuming Amazon ships on release day, meaning it arrives a couple days later). It's going to be agonizing watching all the action here, knowing my version Y is still in transit. I probably should have preordered from a physical store.

Honestly, I was contemplating the digital download since it was confirmed. But then I thought, "I REALLY like those pre-order bonuses. And what if the server crashes mid-download and I can't start my X playthrough? What if my 3DS gets stolen/ breaks?" Things like that.

I'm hoping Amazon delivers close to the release date (I'm assuming Amazon ships on release day, meaning it arrives a couple days later). It's going to be agonizing watching all the action here, knowing my version Y is still in transit. I probably should have preordered from a physical store.
Amazon will have it at your door on Saturday as long as you order it a reasonable time before then. What they'll do is ship it either Thursday or Friday so it'll be to you the day it's supposed be released. They are very strict about that. I don't preorder games often from Amazon, but every time I did it was there one release day. Hell, I've ordered stuff from Amazon Japan and had it on my door no later than 5pm the day of release. It's very impressive.

That said, I still plan on leaving my house at about 4 in the morning to get it ASAP. I would do a midnight run, but I'd rather be running on a full tank than doze off a few hours in.

Reactions: PME
Not sure this is the right place to ask this but : What is the general opinion on which game is better to buy from a competitive standpoint? For example would Pokémon Y be a better buy because Yvetal and other version exclusive Pokemon, or X for Xerneas and its exclusiveness? I know the game hasn't been released but based on what knowledge we know thus far there should be at least some speculation. I know I was pissed when I bought Black 2 and White 2 and gave Black 2 to my sister because it easily had the better version exclusives, and I don't want to make the same mistake this time around.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Even when counting the leaks, we don't know much about version exclusivity.
If you plan to get it on release day, the details will still be too much out in the blue to determine which one is the best. Either way, if your sister gets the other one, you could always try to trade with her.

A lot of the questions about Poké Bank that I've seen have already been answered, PokéBank FAQ
Glad to know that, after the 27th of December, I can use it right after getting the Pokédex.

I'm worried that if I deposit my Pokémon on the Internet, they could disappear or I might not be able to get them back again due to something like a server error or cyber attack. If the worst happened, would I be compensated for my Pokémon?
In order to prevent our players from losing their Pokémon, we will have security measures in place and will be providing regular maintenance to manage this system securely. Regarding the potential of losing your Pokémon due to natural disaster, unexpected incidents, cyber attacks, or other circumstances, however, we ask that you please read the warnings and stipulations for using Pokémon Bank that we will announce in mid-December, and decide for yourself whether you wish to use the service.
This made me nervous a little bit, since cyber attacks are becoming more common and a lot of current security really isn't adequate. I suppose my favorites will be on my 3DS anyway, but I would hate to lose Pokemon to a hack and have them not returned. They should at LEAST back up the data every few months or so...

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Ah... guys, I suddenly have something ask:

Can we change the language AFTER starting the game, without restarting it?

This is very important for me, I'm still choosing between English and Japanese.

EDIT: NOPE.
Oh dear, this is a tough choice then x__x

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This made me nervous a little bit, since cyber attacks are becoming more common and a lot of current security really isn't adequate. I suppose my favorites will be on my 3DS anyway, but I would hate to lose Pokemon to a hack and have them not returned. They should at LEAST back up the data every few months or so...
I can almost see it coming already. It would be just in the style of 4chan to hack the system and replace every single stored Pokémon with Mudkips nicknamed "herd u like".

Speaking of Pokémon Bank, I wonder how big a file a single Pokémon would be? Hardly breaking a kilobyte, I guess? No wonder why they charge so little for the service...

Reactions: PME
If they have paid any attention whatsoever to how cloud services work, they probably are running multiple back-ups a day.

I can almost see it coming already. It would be just in the style of 4chan to hack the system and replace every single stored Pokémon with Mudkips nicknamed "herd u like".

Speaking of Pokémon Bank, I wonder how big a file a single Pokémon would be? Hardly breaking a kilobyte, I guess? No wonder why they charge so little for the service...
I remember someone listing out other cloud-storage services being several times more expensive for a monthly fee or something along those lines

Pokemon Bank is actually very cheap in comparison so you're probably right in it not being very much

I was thinking that, lol. I did see that one on Pokebeach before I started hiding from leaks though. There's only 2 days left before this thread is closed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)