Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And again why even bother giving it normal typing in the first place

Swablu had it for the same reason every other Normal/Flying type had it: It was a bird without a connection to the other types ps gamefreak hated the idea of pure flying tpyes
It may be that Helioptile and Litleo evolve into types that GF doesn't want us to have to much access too early game. It would be a strange reason, but it's an option. They've given us "ace" pokemon before (Magnemite and Lucario as steels before Virbank Gym, Mankey in Yellow against Brock, etc) but that hasn't been the norm.

As for Helioptile becoming a dilophosaurus, I agree that it seems unlikely. Frilled lizard seems like their obvious design, given the previews. Let Grovyle / Sceptile keep that design for themselves hehe.

On another note, I'd actually really like for Froakie to become a physically inclined Water-Fighting type. Poliwrath isn't great, and Keldeo is about as good as a special Water / Fighting can get, I'd imagine. Our last 2 water starters were more specially based, too, so if Froakie could become a speedy Water / Fighting along the lines of even 110 Atk / 105 Speed, we'd be golden. That would leave us with a specially inclined Fennekin evo (it hasn't been since Typhlosion that a fire starter has had higher special attack than physical), and could give us grass starter that actually has high mixed stats. It also lends itself to the Dark / Psychic / Fighting sub triangle, which just works out really well.

Fletchling is another pokemon that loses its normal typing as it evolves, so having done it once already, GF could just as easily do it with Helioptile and/or Litleo. And I think part of the reason people are almost expecting these two to change their normal typing is because the normal type doesn't have any necessarily defining moves. More pokemon learn normal type moves than, using the skrelp example, poision type moves. Again with skrelp, seeing him using sludge bomb gives us support that his poision typing is here to stay; the normal typings on these other two pokes are less dominant, and can therefore provide us with hope for their type to change.

Why do people think Froakie will evolve into a Flying type? Just because he learns Bounce? You know Politoed learns that naturally, and Toxicroak and Seismitoad can learn it too. It's not because they can fly, it's because they're frogs/toads and they hop.

I attribute it to the cloud-like mane on his back, and his overall slimmer design.

rock/flying/fighting is more balanced than dark/psychic/fighting tbh. the former is also a perfect triangle, akin to fire/water/grass.

also, since when does symmetry = beauty? personally i find that sometimes symmetry can be boring.

Taking into consideration the French inspiration, they often utilize symmetry because it provides a sense of Balance, a type of perfection that is not corrupt from the chaos evident in the world (Asymmetry). As an example of this, I would look at Gothic Cathedrals from France, which have proven to be an influence in this game already.

But, i'm not rly proving or arguing anything...

Oh baby, I could puffle your jigglies real good.
-o _ o-
kyaaaah, I didn't know Gaymer wanted to dive into Y(version) quite that badly!
~Yveltal was switched into moe mode!!~

On the topic of Skrelp, Poison is its primary type, so since that much is an uncommon occurance, one would assume it isn't going to happen, though I get why R N's annoyed. To chime in about Litleo and Helioptile, I thought GF was gonna find a way to make their unique typing and type order work for them as they evolve. If they don't keep them, however, then I imagine the Normal part would change into something to reflect a drastic change in character or a need for survival. Something has to happen to them that's stronger than keeping a Dark type next to Pancham for them to change into...anything, really. I have a cute theory that involves one of them trading their Normal type for Poison, Dark or Ghost, similarily to what was invented during the CAP5 prevo type submissions, but ultimately rejected. It becomes horribly corrupted upon evolution and gains a destructive/spooky type to reflect this, while the other one trades its secondary type for maybe Psychic, Fairy or Steel, to show that it was able to reach a more refined state through it's training. This is all assuming that the two of them make a Gen VI Electabuzz/Magmar duo

Since the day that Sylveon got confirmed, I already welcome the notion that certain older Generation Pokemon will be part of the Kalos Regional Pokedex.

With that said, I present my wishlist/speculation:

Gen. I
Farfetch'd
Mr. Mime
original Eeveelutions (Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon)

Gen. II
Skarmory
Happiness Eeveelutions (Umbreon, Espeon)
Snubbull and Granbull
Smeargle
Marill, Azumarill

Gen. III
Swablu and Altaria
Roselia
Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon
Azurill

Gen. IV
Budew, Roserade
Shellos and Gastrodon
Stunky and Skuntank
Mime Jr.
Croagunk and Toxicroak
Glaceon and Leafeon

Gen. V
Palpitoad and Seismitoad
Dwebble and Crustle
Karrablast and Escavalier

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well, we know with almost 100% certainty that a few Pokemon from older gens will be in the game - Eeveelutions, the retconned Fairies, Pikachu, Rhyhorn, and - if the statue in the one town is to be trusted - Golurk and Palpitoad.

Well, we know with almost 100% certainty that a few Pokemon from older gens will be in the game - Eeveelutions, the retconned Fairies, Pikachu, Rhyhorn, and - if the statue in the one town is to be trusted - Golurk and Palpitoad.
We also know that Zubat, Axew, Houndour, Tauros & Miltank are in.
I also feel pretty confident that the pokemon shown in Sky Battles are definitely available in game, which would imply Haunter's line, Swellow's line, Ledian's line, Staraptor's line, and oddly Aerodactyl

I also feel pretty confident that the pokemon shown in Sky Battles are definitely available in game, which would imply Haunter's line, Swellow's line, Ledian's line, Staraptor's line, and oddly Aerodactyl
I'm so happy I get to use Miltank again... I would be even more happy if it evolved or had more power this gen (maybe by giving her an exclusive item or something that increases her Def and SpDef)

Idk, I have a feeling at least some of those are probably just GF showing off the new mechanics but with some familiar faces.
Most of them will probably appear though.

Wait, oh, God, Goddammned Zubats are back as a member of the Kalos Regional Dex!

It looks like the others that got mentioned are going to be available on the National Dex, correct?

The bigger deciding factor for that would have to be non-trash stats with good-to-great movepools

Hopefully the dark typing greatly expands Chespin's movepool
This is also what I'm hoping for, I rly want Chespin to be good xD

Wait, oh, God, Goddammned Zubats are back as a member of the Kalos Regional Dex!
I kinda missed the zubats in BW, woobat was just lame :\

They have to have cross game transferring because if they make us restart again it would get really annoying. Some Pokemons have actually have been with some players since gen 3. I hope they have game transferring in every gen if they do some trainers could grow deeper bonds with their pokemon and feel they are not a piece of fiction or 101011010101 (binary code) but real companions. If that they keep having to make a new journey each gen it would render other pokemon just nostalgia and creppypasta. After while if transferring does not continue people start feeling that pokemon are just tools.

(Sorry if this is double posted, can't edit my last post)
Pokebeach also posted some small but sorta interesting info from the trailer in the movie;

• There is a blue car parked in Lumiose City.
  • The player is seen riding a bike (already posted the other day).
  • There is a quick shot of a water fountain with two Horsea statues shooting out water at a Clamperl statue in the middle.
  • The player walks up a staircase to a train station - we can see train tracks behind him, which go over a bridge.
  • Skrelp is battled on the beach over a puddle of water with the ocean and a mountain in the background.
  • Mewtwo in its new forme uses some sort of attack that shoots white light up, then hits Xerneas with the lights, which then turn into small rainbow-colored shapes.
  • Charizard uses Fire Blast against Flygon in a Sky Battle.
I believe Mewtwo used a new fairy type attack judging by the description.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Pokebeach posted a more detailed and colored picture of Orotto:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0713/orotto.jpg
Ah, that's much better.

Pokem:

They have to have cross game transferring because if they make us restart again it would get really annoying. Some Pokemons have actually have been with some players since gen 3. I hope they have game transferring in every gen if they do some trainers could grow deeper bonds with their pokemon and feel they are not a piece of fiction or 101011010101 (binary code) but real companions. If that they keep having to make a new journey each gen it would render other pokemon just nostalgia and creppypasta. After while if transferring does not continue people start feeling that pokemon are just tools.
I also don't want to see all my previous efforts wasted.

I also don't want to see all my previous efforts wasted.
They don't have to, and making that transfer ability carries many logistical issues. The biggest issue being that there is no known way for DS and 3DS carts to communicate with one another. Now this doesn't mean the transfer ability's impossible, just unlikely. They could make a modified cart with modified firmware, but this would likely be a costly development for little return. They could also make the transfer system cloud-based (think the GTS but it goes only to you) but there would have be a way to set this up through the Gen V game too.

Personally, as much as I want to keep my first Swampert and Latios (from my first Gen III game, and I still have them), I think a fresh start now and then is a good idea. From a competitive standpoint, when you can pull from old games, options are never truly lost, and GameFreak can never make moves significantly more "exclusive" than they used to be if they were once TMs. If they decided not nearly every Water type should get Scald and instead only five or so, it would only affect new Pokemon or those who got a significant new ability/move only in the new games. I think a reorganization every now and then is a good thing, and this would let them introduce certain older Pokemon, legendaries, hidden abilities and special moves at a metered pace, which could be healthy from a general gameplay and competitive standpoint.

They don't have to, and making that transfer ability carries many logistical issues. The biggest issue being that there is no known way for DS and 3DS carts to communicate with one another. Now this doesn't mean the transfer ability's impossible, just unlikely. They could make a modified cart with modified firmware, but this would likely be a costly development for little return. They could also make the transfer system cloud-based (think the GTS but it goes only to you) but there would have be a way to set this up through the Gen V game too.

Personally, as much as I want to keep my first Swampert and Latios (from my first Gen III game, and I still have them), I think a fresh start now and then is a good idea. From a competitive standpoint, when you can pull from old games, options are never truly lost, and GameFreak can never make moves significantly more "exclusive" than they used to be if they were once TMs. If they decided not nearly every Water type should get Scald and instead only five or so, it would only affect new Pokemon or those who got a significant new ability/move only in the new games. I think a reorganization every now and then is a good thing, and this would let them introduce certain older Pokemon, legendaries, hidden abilities and special moves at a metered pace, which could be healthy from a general gameplay and competitive standpoint.
They can use a 3DS app. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)