Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NekoNayz

I dream crazy mess. I'm just your general mailcat.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love the whole baby Raichu. It looks cute <3. Cheek Pouches sounds interesting for the other rodent like pokemon to get as an ability. I would like to hear more on what it does exactly. The rabbit looks more goofy than Buneary but its okay. Baby Gogoat is awesome. That's all I got for this.

Mega defines this entire method of form change
That's what they are, so to speak. "Mega"

It fits with the formatting for various other forms. Mow Rotom, for instance.
On the english website "Newtwo" or "MegaMewtwo" was referred to as being in an Awakened Form.

Maybe Awakened is the localized version, as opposed to Mega.

On the english website "Newtwo" or "MegaMewtwo" was referred to as being in an Awakened Form.
Maybe Awakened is the localized version, as opposed to Mega.
''Awakened'' Ampharos.
''Awakened'' Lucario.
It has a nice ring to it, maybe you're right.

These mega evolutions just look like an excuse for Game Freak to add long, flowing ribbons/hair/headtails to already existing pokemon so they look better in 3D.

Seriously, wtf are those things on the back of MegaLucario supposed to be? Dreadlocks?

I actually like the designs of MegaMawile, MegaAbsol, and MegaAmphy (though I would like it to look more like a dragon). Still hate the new Mewtwo, and the Lucario and Blaziken megas are atrocious looking (and not needed, but that's beside the point).

Still interested to see how this plays out...

Omg.... Newchu would make a better Pichu than Pichu does.

I'm hoping mega forms activate without some odd convolution. A single turn activation move, or a 1 turn delay would be nice. I like the idea of shooting off protect on Megawile and trickroom on Reuniclus turn one in a doubles match.

Oh, well if these new mega things are just new form changes, and Serebii called them evolutions for some reason, then they might be alright.

I don't care for the three new ones. One was a pre-evo that someone spotted in screenshot ages ago, and the other two are boring. The Jackrabbit guy could turn into something cool, but I couldn't care less for the stupid pikaclone gerbil thing.

I hope only a limited pool of Pokemon have these mega-evolutions. Imagine if every single final stage/single stage Pokemon got one...! Yeesh. I guess that's one way to make previously outclassed Pokemon viable again without evolving them?

I still think Mega Mawile and Mega Absol should have just been real evolutions. Mega Absol has that Angel Of Death thing about it, and Mega Mawile looks cool. Obvious progression of Mawile without being "over-designed".

Seriously, wtf are those things on the back of MegaLucario supposed to be? Dreadlocks?
Well they are just longer versions of the dread-like things he originally has. I like how they added red to his colour palette.

Mega Blaziken's wrist ribbons don't make sense though. There was no basis for those.

This Gym Leader breathes out either Fighting/DARK/Poison/Normal to me. How about your opinions? (Houndour like head kind of)

Edit: She's wearing a rollerblades and a helmet

Okay, so who the fuck is the one who looked at Blaziken and decided that this is a Pokémon that needs to evolve again?

It's going to be absolutely terrifying; that's for certain.

OK, after stepping back a little, I feel like I can give a more mature analysis of this:

To be honest, the only Megalution I feel is completely unnessesary in Blaziken's, and possibly Lucario's. Blaziken is, besides being a 3rd-stage Pokemon, already strong enough as it is. I do admit I would like the design better if it didn't have those fire ribbons on its wrists. MegaLucario's design is the worst of the bunch, if only due to the giant tail and head ribbons. I appreciate what they did with Ampharos, but the design looks really lazy compared to the rest. MegaAbsol and MegaMawile I'm okay with, and I definitely appreciate what they did with Mawile. MegaMewtwo is still okay.

As a whole, I accept the Mega Evolutions much more since they're more like formes (at least from what we're getting) and we can opt out of them. I admit it still came as a damn big shock when I first read about it.

Oh, and for the new Pokes, Gogoat's prevo is cute, the others are meh.

First of all the mega evos look pretty great but an evo for blaziken is way too much OP.Mega lucario has a large Y on its chest and mega blaziken has a large X on its chest. Instead of mega evo, they should have given normal evolutions to mawlie and absol.
They electric/fairy looks like clone of pichu with fairy typing. The bunny pokemon looks a lot like the starting rodent.
The new gym leader looks like fighting to me. In the picture she looks like she's in a wrestling wring.
I hope all the starters get Mega evos so that all of them will become balanced again.

Has anyone noticed that the text next to the gym leader is rainbow-colored, just like the symbols in the XY logos and just like the object that appeared above MegaTwo in the trailer? Does that say anything new or has it already been translated?

EDIT: And also this.

Quoted from a youtube comment " They're all based off nordic Gods. Blaziken is Sultr (God of fire) Lucario, Forseti (God of Justice) Amphy, Thor Mawile, Loki (God of Deception) Absol, Fortuna (Goddess of Disaster) Mewtwo, Magni (God of Power)." We know that xerneas and yveltal have connections to norse mythology so maybe theres a probable chance that this theory checks out. Im not really fluent in norse mythology but the fact that Absol got a random feminine looking form really makes this suspicious.

I think Megaforms could be accessed via an held item during battle. Sure, they get to be "Mega" mons, but they miss out on a Life Orb or Choice Scarf. I also think "Mega" is going to be a new tier.

Has anyone noticed that the text next to the gym leader is rainbow-colored, just like the symbols in the XY logos and just like the object that appeared above MegaTwo in the trailer? Does that say anything new or has it already been translated?

EDIT: And also this.
This seems like a really tenuous connection to make

and megatwo isn't even shown as being super strong

they talk about blaizenite an stone that tranform blaziken, maybe the mega stones are unique like dittos powder or Blissey lucky punch. sounds logic right

I kinda suspect they may do something with these Mega-Evolutions and Xerneas and Yveltal in particular. Also what does this mean for Lucario and Smash Bros?

Obviously Mega stone changes into Blaze Knight or whatever the hell Blaziken holds. It doesn't make any sense to have a mega stone and blaze knight or what purpose would mega stone hold? None.

Does MegaMawile have two "open mouths"?!

Anyway, could there be possible links between Rotoms' Forms' Moves and MegaPokes movesets? I highly doubt it, because I know you couldn't possibly gain a new move in-battle. Well, other than by leveling up. Besides, it isn't going to delete on random move on the spot.

I just totally contradicted what I said in the above statement. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)