Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I don't know where the huge paragraph about S.T. on Serebii came from but they need to rework it because they use the term "base stats" repeatedly which comes way before EVs even matter.

Not to mention "the underlying value that define HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed stats" is exactly what an actual "base stat" does. The way this is worded absolutely does not sound like EV's at all. I'm hoping its poor grammar/improper usage because if it's not then we've got something way way way bigger than Megalutions to worry about.
Game Freak are known to call Base Stats and EV's the exact same thing, look at the EV reducing berry descriptions, they talk about lowering the base Stat to remove the EVs. Kiso Points are EV's which is what the japanese call them like someone said above. Please do not panic about this.

Its pretty much better EV training, which is much better than before. I was never a fan of grinding a lot against the same Pokemon to get an increase in that stat lol... All these nice little improvements will be great overall I think. Although, I know everyone will now get good EV's right away on all their mons and force their way through the game :P

Case Settled. They're not two items, they're the same. And they need to be held in battle to force a form change.
I like the new 'Use or Give a pokémon an item' interface. Far faster than before

'Lucarite' (As its Spanish-to-English translation is) sounds better... at least for some like me who doesn't have english as his native language :p

"To use a Mega Stone, give it to your Pokémon to hold. Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!" - http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/mega_evolution/

Suddenly MegaEvolutions may not even be competitive useable at all.
I prefer to think of it as the fully evolved Eviolite. Not instantly better, but useful in its own right

That being said, up to now, Leftovers has been the only reliable, passive competition to Eviolite. Given that there are much more reliable offensive items than reliable defensive items, Mega Stones may have a harder time to stand out

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I love how we have no official confirmation regarding Oorotto's existence.

...but MegaAmpharos and MegaMawile didn't get that either :,(

I wonder if the mega-pokemon will stay evolved after the battle, so that they can hold other items. Judging from previous posts, there are more things than the mega-stones that are required for mega-evolutions. That leads me to beleive that it is quite a process to actually evolve them, and it would be odd if you have to go through that process every battle just to use the mega-evolutions.

I wonder if the mega-pokemon will stay evolved after the battle, so that they can hold other items. Judging from previous posts, there are more things than the mega-stones that are required for mega-evolutions. That leads me to beleive that it is quite a process to actually evolve them, and it would be odd if you have to go through that process every battle just to use the mega-evolutions.
The website said that they only MegaEvolve during the battle.

This puts the items as more like a Griseous Orb than a Gracedia. I would love to see if it takes a turn or not during battle for them to MegaEvolve.

Most likely the second condition will be something like: "When Blaziken goes below 1/2 HP." Or "When Lucario is hit with a dark type attack.": a condition you have to work for or play into. Also, there's every possibility that Mega Evolutions go away when you switch out. If they are permanent thorughout the battle though, they will be harder to force/cause, like a more rewarding SubPetaya set.

Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 11.14.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 11.14.47 AM.png

Here's the pictures of both the system of looking at EVs and the new sprites of the Pokemon. I will love to to see what the difference between the dark green and light green colors.

But look at the old sprites for the Pokemon:

These new sprites look much sleeker.

Here's the pictures of both the system of looking at EVs and the new sprites of the Pokemon. I will love to to see what the difference between the dark green and light green colors.
I think the dark green is the Pokemons Base Stats, while the light green are stats after EV-training. IOW Mewtwo has been EV-trained in Speed and Sp. Atk.

I love how we have no official confirmation regarding Oorotto's existence.

...but MegaAmpharos and MegaMawile didn't get that either :,(
...OR MegaAbsol, which everyone seems to exclude when talking about this! CoroCoro is close enough to official, though.

Based on that meter, certain EV spreads are going to be hell, e.g. any bulky spread for a sweeper.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Most likely the second condition will be something like: "When Blaziken goes below 1/2 HP." Or "When Lucario is hit with a dark type attack.".

So… like a Desperation Move in a fighting game? That sounds interesting. Filling a Super Bar in Pokémon? Plausible.

What I'd love to know is:

• Does the Mega Stone activate at the end of a turn or immediately?
  • Are the Mega Stones consumable items?
    • Can you switch out and keep the Mega Evolution?
    • Does it wear off after some turns or is it "permanent" during the battle?
  • Who will get a Mega Evolution? Pikachu or Raichu?
  • Will MegaFlareon have Flare Blitz?
Lastly, I certainly hope they don't call Pirouette Meloetta and Zen Darmanitan Mega Evolutions all of the sudden, or several people are going to have a stroke.

Whatever Mega Stones actually are, I want a Mega Shedinja with 2 HP, so that it suddenly isn't OHKOed by priority attacks. Either that or buffing Wonder Guard with immunity to passive damage :P

AND a Grass/Fire Serperior with Drought and SolarBeam by level up while saying 'In your face, Louis XIV!'

I'm likin on the super training facility. "A more casual way to EV train your pokemon". I'm all up for that. :D So far I'm loving the way Game Freak is handling EV training for this game.

There's a ranch in the Kalos region where you can ride Skiddo, the pre-evolved form or Gogoat.
Kinda reminds me of the lives of the docile crabs from Bionicle, except these are goats.

Dedenne has been confirmed to learn a new attack called Nuzzle.

Pokémon with the Cheek Pouches ability regain hit points as an added effect to consuming a berry in battle.
This on a Pokémon that could survive a hit with the help of a damage-mod berry...or even just using a Sitrus berry...!

Dedenne has been confirmed to learn a new attack called Nuzzle.

Pokémon with the Cheek Pouches ability regain hit points as an added effect to consuming a berry in battle.
This on a Pokémon that could survive a hit with the help of a damage-mod berry...or even just using a Sitrus berry...!
Depending on its movepool and stats it may be a good ability for Endure + Pinch Berry users

lel Sucker Punch.

Hmm.. Dark Type gym leader?

Maybe they'll make a new Tier for Mega Pokemon and insert a new clause.
No, I think she's a Fighting Gym leader. Look at the badge in the background; it's in the shape of a sideways fist,
and it's that sort of orangey-browny colour that's associated with the Fighting type.

And yes, lol Sucker Punch XD

Last edited:
I'm really confused about these Mega evolutions. Gamefreak should elaborate
Basically certain pokemon can turn into Mega Evolutions if they hold a mega stone during a battle. These mega evolutions grant new types (Ampharos electric/dragon) new abilities (blaziken speed boost) and boost stats. They look a bit different aswell but outside of battle they can not transform. Also, not all pokemon will get Mega evolutions and finding all the mega evolutions is not part of completing the regional dex (I think?) hope that helped

Whatever Mega Stones actually are, I want a Mega Shedinja with 2 HP, so that it suddenly isn't OHKOed by priority attacks. Either that or buffing Wonder Guard with immunity to passive damage :p

AND a Grass/Fire Serperior with Drought and SolarBeam by level up while saying 'In your face, Louis XIV!'
Both of those would be useless

Technician MegaWeavile with 150 attack please.
That would be cool because a higher base attack raises the base power of beat up. Plus technician+more power=win

Also, everyone is saying that megastones will be an offensive eviolite. Why offense only? I'm sure MegaSkarmory would have reason to use it defensively over Leftovers Skarmory.
Plus we've already seen two defensive upgrades with Ampharos getting dragon typing and Absol getting Magic Bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)