Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm...Aurinko wasn't talking about Charizard's usability but about the possibility of another Drizzle user to balance out the new Drought Charizard

But I kind of want to see another Snow Warning user ^^
Yeah, I think that - especially with Drought Charizard (gimmicky, but nonetheless - an evolution on the switch in of another inducer is huge) around the corner - it would be time to even out the 4 weathers, at least in terms of the number of inducers.

It bugs me that they haven't officially acknowledged Mega Kangaskhan, Oorotto and the new Llama mon! Otherwise, a list of Pokemon with MEvos leaked about a month back. It correctly predicted that all the Kanto starters will get a MEvo. So maybe it's legit?
I noticed a lot of the pokemon they showed in the Poke Bank had ties to X and Y. Some are from 6th gen, some have mega forms, and others had their typing reworked with Fairy. I'm really reaching here but maybe it's foreshadowing on additional mega forms or type changes. Scizor, Gyrados, Haunter, and Houndour are in there.

*shrug*

I noticed a lot of the pokemon they showed in the Poke Bank had ties to X and Y. Some are from 6th gen, some have mega forms, and others had their typing reworked with Fairy. I'm really reaching here but maybe it's foreshadowing on additional mega forms or type changes. Scizor, Gyrados, Haunter, and Houndour are in there.

*shrug*
the only ones not seen in media from January to know I believe are Weavile, Machamp, Gliscor(maybe from a picture/trailer), Staraptor(maybe from a picture/trailer), Druddigon, Scizor, and Lapras
everything else was either in a demo, in an official picture, or in an official trailer of some kind...or maybe they were from Pokemon Smash...hard to tell but I CAN point out where everyone else has been.

the only ones not seen in media from January to know I believe are Weavile, Machamp, Gliscor(maybe from a picture/trailer), Staraptor(maybe from a picture/trailer), Druddigon, Scizor, and Lapras
everything else was either in a demo, in an official picture, or in an official trailer of some kind...or maybe they were from Pokemon Smash...hard to tell but I CAN point out where everyone else has been.
Oh yeah! A lot of those were in hoarde battles, sky battles, pokemon amie, and just general battle shots. That's interesting. Where did Mienfoo appear though?

Oh yeah! A lot of those were in hoarde battles, sky battles, pokemon amie, and just general battle shots. That's interesting. Where did Mienfoo appear though?
Mienfoo appeared in original video. Quick question-How many megapokemon have been shown so far? Ive lost track.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
New area @0:16 and...this is apparently a thing:

COULD OROTTO BE APART OF THE SUDOWOODO FAMILY?!?!
Is Miltank part of Tauros' family? No... People need to stop reading so much into pictures like this.

Still, I'm kinda so-so on the Kanto Starters, I hope you don't get them too early. Chances are I won't even use them on my first few games because I want to use new stuff... I can understand what they are doing, but I've trained those mons atleast 4 or 5 times each, I don't want too again.

Scizor is unconfirmed. As for Orot appearing with Sudowoodo, I don't think it's significant. Their designs are in completely different directions, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I feel like a broken record but Hey!
Not a list of mega evolutions! At all!
Trademarks that people believe are indicative of mega evolutions.

Also they kind of have acknowledged Mega Kangaskhan, which makes the fact it's not on the sites weird.
I mean like, it's not a secret that got out or anything. Masuda showed it to everyone. Pokemon.com's twitter reported it. They didn't bother taking down any videos. Pokemon Smash showed it.

At least with llama (which was probably spliced in on accident) and orotto they weren't the focal point of things being shown.
I actually wonder why the trademarks in one same generation aren't registered at the same time.
I don't mean I suspect you, I mean I just simply don't understand.

Is it due to some names are more difficult to register?

@b2j135
That isn't a new area at 16 seconds in, it's the Tower of Mastery.
I love how Orotto is just floating around the commercial nether at this point. It cracks me up to see an officially leaked Pokémon continue to get officially leaked. Also, Sudowoodos can be freely found and captured in the wild again, wut.

By the way, am I the only one who hates the new Frenzy Plant animation? Hydro Cannon and Blast Burn look awesome, (save for Megatoise not using his cannon) but Frenzy Plant looks anticlimatic and weird

By the way, am I the only one who hates the new Frenzy Plant animation? Hydro Cannon and Blast Burn look awesome, (save for Megatoise not using his cannon) but Frenzy Plant looks anticlimatic and weird
No
Why hasn't Orotto been officially confirmed yet?
I don't know,maybe they want to keep its typing as a secret until at least a week or so from the release.I have no idea why Sudowoodu is there in the horde battle with Orotto.Maybe the same reason why miltank was shown in a horde battle with tauros.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^^Yeah, it looks more like the attacked Pokémon is being tickled by the plants, rather than slammed by them. I know the attack is meant to be about wild roots grabbing, squeezing and hitting the opponent, but it just seems lame.

Then again, its animation in previous generations hasn't been that much to write home about either:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Frenzy_Plant

I hope it'll get a little more "oomph" in some later installment. Roots grabbing the opponent would be next to impossible to animate for ~800 Pokémon models, but some kind of slam à la an overgrown Vine Whip shouldn't be that hard?

^^Yeah, it looks more like the attacked Pokémon is being tickled by the plants, rather than slammed by them. I know the attack is meant to be about wild roots grabbing, squeezing and hitting the opponent, but it just seems lame.

Then again, its animation in previous generations hasn't been that much to write home about either:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Frenzy_Plant

I hope it'll get a little more "oomph" in some later installment. Roots grabbing the opponent would be next to impossible to animate for ~800 Pokémon models, but some kind of slam à la an overgrown Vine Whip shouldn't be that hard?
If I remember correctly the Power Whip animation from this generation is BONKERS.

And people actually use Power Whip, Frenzy Plant is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)