Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That way if they do away with some Key Items (which you could hack onto a Pokemon and probably isn't recognizable by the box), it won't screw up your game.
Yes they will almost certainly go with this. Allowing held items is opening the doors for a lot more potential glitches and I can't think why Game Freak would willingly accept that.

That way if they do away with some Key Items (which you could hack onto a Pokemon and probably isn't recognizable by the box), it won't screw up your game.
I doubt that's the reason, since Pal Park allowed items and presumably you could hack key items onto Pokemon then too

That's exactly why I hate it, it makes zero sense to give them a fighting chance, hence being NFE (not reaching their greatest potential). I absolutely hate the thought of Eviolite chansey competing with Leftovers blissey, or more notably Dusclops being a tier above Dusknoir. That's stupid beyond belief.

In-game isn't as bad, but it still compromises their integrity IMO. I'm still obligated to use it in-game.

I won't bother posting more on this subject, I'd rather not go too off-topic.
I guess I don't see the issue with something's pre-evoloution outclassing it. In some aspects. Dusclops fills a different niche than it's big bro. I see dusclops I think wall I see dusknoir I see tank. Dusknoir takes the hits it HAS to and is able to retaliate back with nearly as much if not more force than what it was sent in to check. Dusclops takes any hit and bounces back/status what it can. Anything that can make a 101 sub decimates dusclops for free! Also without the saving grace that is leftovers its longevity isn't the best.

I guess I don't see the issue with something's pre-evoloution outclassing it. In some aspects. Dusclops fills a different niche than it's big bro. I see dusclops I think wall I see dusknoir I see tank. Dusknoir takes the hits it HAS to and is able to retaliate back with nearly as much if not more force than what it was sent in to check. Dusclops takes any hit and bounces back/status what it can. Anything that can make a 101 sub decimates dusclops for free! Also without the saving grace that is leftovers its longevity isn't the best.
I guess it's just me then. I suppose it bothers me more from a flavor context.

But all in all, I look at it as a cop-out excuse for a more diverse metagame in competitive play. I'll have to start using Knock-off more often.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can see Bank not transferring over items as a fail-safe for when the inevitable changing of TM attacks occurs as it does every generation. Potions and the like will always stay the same but since TMs can change it's better safe than sorry from a design perspective.

I guess it's just me then. I suppose it bothers me more from a flavor context.

But all in all, I look at it as a cop-out excuse for a more diverse metagame in competitive play. I'll have to start using Knock-off more often.
It's not really a knock off some of this pokes fill roles that their later evoloutions wish they could, or they pull off baby Versions of their evoloution's sets but in a different tier.

Definitely not surprising, but it may hint at Moon Blast's base power. They usually give the legendary pokemon's signature moves some advantage over the run-of-the-mill power moves of the same type (Spacial Rend over Dragon Pulse, Sacred Fire over Fire Blast, etc), so I'm guessing Moon Blast will probably be around 95 power. Geomancy at 120 OR 100 with a ridic side effect.
Spacial Rend has five more power then Dragon Pulse. Your point is null, my good sir.

More like Xerneas is Fairy and Yveltal is Dark, it's a simple matter of type advantage.
The japenese name for dark translates into evil. He was correct.

Spacial Rend has five more power then Dragon Pulse. Your point is null, my good sir.

Spacial Rend actually has 10 more base power than Dragon Pulse AND a high critical hit ratio.

I'm really not sure why people are always so obsessed with new cross generational evolutions. GF doesn't HAVE to make them, there's no rule forcing them to lol. Johto and Sinnoh were kind of annoying in that they had less new pokemon, honestly. The main use for giving old pokemon baby forms, in my opinion, is to give access to pokemon that would have otherwise been overpowered by a certain point in the game. Riolu comes to mind, and even Gen 4's Budew makes Roselia catchable relatively early.

• If GFreak bans forward-compatible items, it will be to slow proliferation of a high-powered metagame, and literally no other reason. Key Items are too easily filterable.
  • I can't help but feel that there is something else *major* that's as-yet unrevealed about this game, for them to not release a demo to the public at-large.
  • I would like to see new evolutions for really weak no-evolution 'mon, but it's not necessary, especially if they aesthetically suck as much as Blissey, Magmortar, Lickilicky and others. (Chansey was nerfed from RBY to GSC just to make Blissey a more solid sell (!)
  • I only want to see more baby mons for really strong things, like Onix; I never want to see another Pichu or Azurill. Blegh.
  • On the note of Eviolite, I not only like the Eviolite, I hope we see more items like it.
    • I like the concept of the Item Clause, but it's only starting to really get playable. More items makes the item clause more bearable. I *hate* one-use items, because they're too annoying to get more of for the single-player games, even berries.
    • Final forms still carry moves and type combos that their unevolved forms don't always, so they're not likely to really get obsoleted.
    • It greatly expands the playing pool for a final team.

• On the note of Eviolite, I not only like the Eviolite, I hope we see more items like it.
I'd like something like a "Choice Buckler". Automatic +1Def/SpD but you're locked from using any offensive moves while you have it equipped.
And also, something like a "Yummy Meal" or something that's basically a stronger Leftovers with a drawback. For example, you might regain 1/8 HP a turn instead of 1/16, but you also take 20% more damage or something.

That's exactly why I hate it, it makes zero sense to give them a fighting chance, hence being NFE (not reaching their greatest potential). I absolutely hate the thought of Eviolite chansey competing with Leftovers blissey, or more notably Dusclops being a tier above Dusknoir. That's stupid beyond belief.

In-game isn't as bad, but it still compromises their integrity IMO. I'm still obligated to use it in-game.

I won't bother posting more on this subject, I'd rather not go too off-topic.
Since Pokémon evolution is inspired from natural evolution, it makes even less sense for intermediates to be outclassed by "final forms." In nature, there is no such thing as a "final form" so Eviolite actually makes sense flavor wise since it addresses this discrepancy. The concepts of alternate Pokémon forms and form differences further relate the major theme of Pokémon to natural selection and evolution.

More on topic, will Gamefreak disallow having multiple Mega Stones in a party or will it allow us to have multiple Mega Stones and Mega Pokémon, but keep track of who Mega Evolved to prevent more than one Mega Evolution in a battle?

More on topic, will Gamefreak disallow having multiple Mega Stones in a party or will it allow us to have multiple Mega Stones and Mega Pokémon, but keep track of who Mega Evolved to prevent more than one Mega Evolution in a battle?
I would assume that you would be able to have multiple Pokemon holding Mega Stones in your party and that if you have activated one already in a battle you won't be able to activate the other's MEvo that battle.

Spacial Rend has a higher crit chance but only 5 more BP.

• (Chansey was nerfed from RBY to GSC just to make Blissey a more solid sell (!)
Chansey was not nerfed from RBY to GSC. The Sp. Atk and Sp. Defstats were separated so that it didn't have three stats at high levels, instead only specializing in HP and decent Sp. Def

Last edited:
3D is fun though. Even if I do sometimes attempt to look around the corner that isn't really there. I'd more expect the insides of buildings not to be 3D than the entire over-world.

3D is fun though. Even if I do sometimes attempt to look around the corner that isn't really there. I'd more expect the insides of buildings not to be 3D than the entire over-world.
I really hope so. Places like cliffs or that bridge setting that Yveltal was battling on would be excellent places to showcase 3D. I'm curious how smoothly animation will transition from 2D to 3D if the 3D wasn't always on.

Since Pokémon evolution is inspired from natural evolution, it makes even less sense for intermediates to be outclassed by "final forms." In nature, there is no such thing as a "final form" so Eviolite actually makes sense flavor wise since it addresses this discrepancy. The concepts of alternate Pokémon forms and form differences further relate the major theme of Pokémon to natural selection and evolution.
I think you took my post a little too literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)