Challenge Pokémon XY Giveaway Contest [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pokémon X & Y Giveaway Contest

It is a very exciting time for the Pokémon fandom: the release of Pokémon X and Y is less than two months away! Since the forum's birth, Orange Islands regulars have been sharing their opinions and wishes for the coming generation both in the XY Discussion Thread and on IRC. Others have regaled the forum with tales of GSC Scramblockes and Pokémon Snap snafus, providing the rest of us with hours of entertainment. This contest gives you, natives of the Orange Islands, the opportunity to prove your mastery of Pokémon through a series of competitive in-game challenges. The top two competitors will each walk away with a copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. Further prizes for third and fourth place may be added at a later date.

GENERAL RULES
  1. Your account must be at least one week old at the time this thread is posted. (This rule is to prevent users from registering and entering multiple accounts in an attempt to win both prizes. There is no post threshold.)
  2. You may not use cheat codes or knowingly abuse glitches when competing in this contest. This rule will be clarified in future rounds.
  3. To enter this contest, you will need access to each of the following games (either in physical or ROM form | do NOT ask for links to ROMs or emulators):
    • Pokémon Red or Blue
    • Pokémon Crystal
    • Pokémon Emerald
    • Pokémon Platinum
    • Pokémon Heart Gold or Soul Silver
    • Pokémon Black or White
  4. WARNING: This competition will require significant time investment each week. Only enter if you are willing to remain active until the contest's completion.
  5. WARNING: You must be willing to share your real life address with me (@Stellar) in the event you win the contest in order to receive your free copy of X or Y.
CONTEST FORMAT
This contest will consist of a series of free-for-all competition rounds. Each round, competitors will be asked to complete a specific challenge (e.g. speed run, Pokéathelon score, etc.). The specifics of each challenge will only be revealed when the thread for that round is posted. A certain number of entrants will be eliminated from the competition each round, with the players with the top scores or times advancing to the next round. The number of players advancing in each round will change based on the number of sign-ups. Each challenge will take less than two hours to complete. The timeline for this contest can be seen below.
  • Signups: August 15 - 17
  • Qualifying Round: August 18 - 24 (Pokémon Red and Blue)
  • Round 1: August 25 - 31 (Pokémon Crystal)
  • Round 2: September 1 - 7 (Pokémon Emerald)
  • Round 3: September 8 - 14 (Pokémon Platinum)
  • Round 4: September 15 - 21 (Pokémon Heart Gold or Soul Silver)
  • Round 5: September 22 - 28 (Pokémon Black and White)
SUBMISSION OF PROOF
At the end of each round, competitors will be required to submit proof of their scores or times. Rules for these submissions are as follows:
  1. All proof should be submitted to @Stellar via private message. DO NOT post results publicly.
  2. You are required to submit photographic proof for each challenge. The specific nature of the proof will be detailed each round.
  3. You may only submit proof once. If you complete the challenge multiple times, only submit your highest score or lowest time.
  4. Competitors are subject to random legitimacy checks. Myself or other judges may ask to see further proof (either photographic or .sav) to verify the legitimacy of your entry.
  5. All times are according to in-game clocks.
HOW TO SIGN UP
In order to sign up, please post the following information:
Code:
Username:
Favorite Pokémon:
Do you have access to the required games?: Y/N
Do you agree to provide your address in the event you win the contest?: Y/N

ENTRANTS
  1. makiri
  2. Celever
  3. DHR-107
  4. breh
  5. megayokim
  6. atsync
  7. Wyverii
  8. Manitary
  9. Darknesscrusher
  10. inanimate blob
  11. GenXXZ
  12. Wyvern56
  13. Dark Arceus
  14. lucariojr
  15. LegendaryElitist
  16. Focus
  17. NidokingKing
  18. Weebos
  19. Roadagain
  20. Mekkah
  21. elcheeso
  22. Infernis
  23. Shiny Dratini
  24. Blitzamirin
  25. Dreamox
  26. Level 51
  27. Quark
  28. extra.
  29. coolking49
  30. deinosaur
  31. Quickbobhero
  32. totodile
  33. richi3f
  34. SkellyDuke

Last edited by a moderator:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
All users who sign up and complete the challenge for the qualifying round will be entered into a raffle for a $20 eShop Points Card code.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Username: Look left.
Favorite Pokémon: Look at avitar.
Do you have access to the required games?: Yes but I'm not very far through a couple of them so how far through do you have to be?
Do you agree to provide your address in the event you win the contest?: As long as you don't stalk me.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Oh man this is going to be awesome. Shame I already have an idea in mind to who could possibly win this! :P I think they know who they are too. Shame there is no Snap this time around! ;)

Username: DHR-107
Favorite Pokémon: Shuckle
Do you have access to the required games?: Y
Do you agree to provide your address in the event you win the contest?: Y

breh

強いだね
Username: breh
Favorite Pokemon: Swadloon / Chandelure / Bisharp / Masquerain
Access: yes
Address: yes

This is actually worlds apart from what i expected you guys to do but hey no complaints here.

Username:Megayokim
Favourite Pokemon:Gallade
Do you have access to the required games?:Yes
Do you agree to provide your adress in the event you win the contest:Yes

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Username: atsync
Favorite Pokémon: Emolga

Username: Wyverii
Favorite Pokémon: Zapdos

I love in-game competitions! (I'll lose the qualifying round :< but still)

Manitary
Giratina-O (it's so cool, Giratina-A sucks)
Y
Y

Username: Darknesscrusher
Favorite Pokémon: Darkrai

Username: inanimate blob
Favorite Pokemon: fucking Dedenne man
Do I tengo the games: ya
Will I give you my address when I win the contest: I'll probably give it either way ;D

User: GenXXZ
Favorite Pokemon: Noctowl
Do I have access to all the required games: Yes
Will I be willing to give my address in the event of a win: Yes

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
User: Chessmaster56/Wyvern56
Favorite Pokemon: Scizor/Gliscor
Do I have access to all the required games: Yes
Will I be willing to give my address in the event of a win: Yes

Is it okay for me to use my other account (Wyvern56)? I just made a new account on Saturday because I didn't like this username (lol dumb reason, I know :p)
A confirmation

Username: Dark Arceus
Favorite Pokémon: Celebi

Username: lucariojr
Favorite Pokémon: lucario (obv)

Username: LegendaryElitist
Favorite Pokemon: Milotic

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Username: Focus
Favorite Pokémon: Walrein

Username: NidokingKing
Favorite Pokemon: Hydreigon

I'm not sure if this goes against the rules, but are ROMs of any form allowed. I don't really have a copy of red, blue, or crystal with a working internal battery. If these challenges don't require to be really far into the game, then it wouldn't really be a problem. But if it takes a large period of time to get to that point (close to the maximum amount of battery life), then it could cause problems.

Username: Weebos
Favorite Pokémon: Espeon

Username: Roadagain
Favorite Pokémon: Joltik

It's been a while I competed in things. Ought to be fun.

username: Mekkah
favourite Pokemon: Exeggutor
Do you have access to the required games? Y
Do you agree to provide your address in the event you win the contest? Y of course

<3 stellar

So Mekkah was kind enough to remind me of the problem of region locking... so I figured I'd ask what the deal is with these XY copies. Will an alternative way of getting a region appropriate copy be explored or is it one of those situations where if you're not from the US (for example), you have the chance of winning a game that won't work on your 3ds? Anyway, I'll sign up regardless cause that's how I roll, haha.

Username: elcheeso
Favourite Pokémon: Woobat

Stellar

of the Distant Past
So Mekkah was kind enough to remind me of the problem of region locking... so I figured I'd ask what the deal is with these XY copies. Will an alternative way of getting a region appropriate copy be explored or is it one of those situations where if you're not from the US (for example), you have the chance of winning a game that won't work on your 3ds? Anyway, I'll sign up regardless cause that's how I roll, haha.
Sites like play-asia allow me to choose the appropriate region before ordering. It will be a bit more expensive than purchasing a NA copy of the game, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)