pokemon attacks you didn't know existed until you went on serebii for one thing but found them instead

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Telekinesis_(move)

" Telekinesis raises its target into the air for three turns. This makes all moves used against the target (with the exception of one-hit knockout moves) bypass accuracy checks to always hit, unless the target is in the semi-invulnerable turn of a move such as Dig or Fly. In addition, the target will be immune to Ground-type moves, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Arena Trap. "

File this one under the category of weird psychic moves with strange, terrible effects with synchronoise and wonder room. To make it extra useless, the move is almost exclusively learned by psychic pokemon, which don't even have any low accuracy moves to use with the perfect accuracy (go dynamicpunch alakazam!)

Also they made diglett and dugtrio immune to the moves so they could keep the "what do diglett feet look like" meme going

I still know all of these and what they do, but somebody mentioned miracle eye:

Miracle Eye
Battle effect:
"Enables a Dark-type target to be hit by Psychic-type attacks. This also enables an evasive target to be hit."
Secondary effect:
Removes Psychic-type's immunity to Dark-type (?). Removes Evasion boosts on the target during the next turn.

I wanted to use a move like foresight but for psychic types, and i found this. Reuniclus doesn't get it though so what's the point

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
foresight

only remembered it because 1. gen 7 bh shedinja and 2. an old warstory about hitmontop spinning on jellicent thanks to foresight

btw i use pokemon fandom to find these thiccque minisprites

Aside from Let's Go exclusive moves, I was confident nothing in here would surprise me. Most of the moves mentioned are either generic with small niches, or were (semi-) signature moves of newly introduced Pokémon. Like Steamroller on Scolipede.

...until someone mentioned Toxic Thread, that is...

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I vaguely remember this but everything else I knew about because I'm an unhealthy sack of shit

Magnetic Flux: The user manipulates magnetic fields, which raises the Defense and Sp. Def stats of ally Pokémon with the Plus or Minus Ability.

I'm assuming this is from Gen 6 or 7, since GF kept trying to make Plus/Minus a viable strategy at the time. Safe to say it didn't work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)