Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jolteon @ Swimming Googles
Quick Feet
216 Def / 252 Spd / 40 SDef Or 248 HP / 252 Spd / 8 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Well, at least its an use for its new lame ability, it doesn't even need max speed. Why couldn't it get Lightning rod or Motor Drive?
If Jolteon has access to Electric-type "reverse Gyro Ball" (more damage depending on how much faster you are than the opponent) her new ability might not be as awful as it first appears. :o

For those wondering about the pseudo's new abilities:

Dragonite: Takes less damage from attacks if it is at 100% health. I'm assuming this is Miracle Skin? Dratini and Dragonair have Marvel Scale.
Tyranitar: Anxiety (Prevents opponent from eating held berries)
Salamence: Arrogance/Overconfidence/Earthquake Spiral
Metagross: Light Metal (lowers weight)
Garchomp: Rough Skin

It is clear to me that the speed tier to beat is going to be 100 again. Salamence with a Steel-proof (doesn't cause confusion if resisted on the last hit) Outrage that gets stronger as it kills is going to be the speed to beat this generation. I can see Scarfmence making a strong showing as well.

Any news on if Encourage prevents negative effects yet? Hihidaruma's moveset containing several moves with them seems to possibly lend it credibility.

Jolteon @ Swimming Googles
Quick Feet
216 Def / 252 Spd / 40 SDef Or 248 HP / 252 Spd / 8 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Well, at least its an use for its new lame ability, it doesn't even need max speed. Why couldn't it get Lightning rod or Motor Drive?

Sleep talk is no longer a TM, so this could be impossible.

I was told that if we're going by smogon rules, drought ninetales and torrent politoed will be banned in OU due to the abilities being too strong.

I sure hope this isn't the case. :(

that's good to hear. I'll look forward to seeing drought and drizzle teams in ou. Because honestly, Tyranitar and sand stream shouldn't be treated so special.

What's interesting to note is that the weathers will truly live up to their intended styles.

Sun/Rain are often highly offensive styles, especially the latter, and will no doubt be all over the place.

Thanks to its stats and type, Tyranitar will no doubt be able to put a halt to the Drought, summoning up Sand in the process and completely changing the momentum.

Meanwhile, Sp.Defensive SubSeed or ScarfAbomasnow has little to fear from most rain sweepers, except maybe Kabutops and Swift Swim Armaldo, summoning a hailstorm to halt their sweep.

Offense vs. Defense on a whole new level.

It's just that someone over at serebii was saying that 'if we're going by smogon rules, even a level 1 magikarp with drizzle would be banned from OU'

that honestly doesn't sound right to me, since everyone knows just how devastating sandstream teams are, and yet they're still allowed to exist. I just felt it necessary to check, since I'm very much looking forward to using a sunny day team.

Without drizzle or drought, weather teams have been pretty risky to run and lots of players think they aren't a good idea. This is a step in the right direction, I think.

Swift Swim Armaldo?
Finally, another bulky swift swimmer other than kingdra.

Water absorb Suicune also seems interesting, as it and vaporeon walls each other now unless either is carrying HP elec or if vap is carrying toxic.

Water typed Rotom-W will have a lot of fun with swimming goggles, only weak to Grass and no longer weak to pursuit. The loss of the ability to spin-block is fine as most spinners would carry that dreaded item anyways.

Damp Swampert would be a 100% counter to standard lead/agil/CB Gross and would be more comfortable in the lead position without having to worry about explosion from the likes of Azelf and Heatran.

The monkey trio are getting starter abilities... Fossil turtle is also getting swift swim. Looks like politoed is in for a lot of action!

Just a question. Have you stopped to think that Trick Room Usage may rise to astronomical levels? Most of the new threats slow as hell.

@M Blade: Maybe something to fuck up with it, just like Slaking and Regigigas.
It is a good strategy, but if there is nothing like the element rocks to boost its time, then I doubt it will be astronomically powerful. Having to waste a turn in order to gain effectively only 4 turns of trick room use just sucks IMO. On the other hand, if it DID get something like the elemental rocks, well...it may even be so powerful, it's broken.

I don't know how Drought-tales and Drizzle-tode would get banned? I mean, they aren't exactly the hardest hitters and certainly not one of the scariest walls out there, either.

I'm excited for Thick Fat Mamoswine

And sweet Arceus Speed Boost Blaziken :D

I don't know how Drought-tales and Drizzle-tode would get banned? I mean, they aren't exactly the hardest hitters and certainly not one of the scariest walls out there, either.

I'm excited for Thick Fat Mamoswine

And sweet Arceus Speed Boost Blaziken :D
You're right; they're neither, but they provide support in endless weather to the pokemon whose abilities are dependent on the weather without having to use a move slot in Rain Dance or Sunny Day, which end after a few turns of them being used. Like some people have said though, these games have introduced pokemon with abilities that are dependent on Sandstorm too now, letting Hippopotas, Hippowdon, and Tyranitar now give support to those pokemon, so having this new Drought and Drizzle introduction isn't as big of a deal, since we would be focused on the trio of Sand Streamers instead. I mean, it would be a case of stopping/changing the weather or basically getting annihilated by the Sand Power and Sand Throw users. Unlike last generation, we have more than the residual sandstorm damage to deal with. At least this way, there's at least one of each auto-inducer in a speculated battle setting (not including Groudon or Kyogre) that can be brought out to change the weather in either battler's favor, but whether these weather inducers mesh up well in a fun, balanced tier is yet to be tested. Meanwhile, I'm hoping Hail provides some new benefits, but I don't seem to have noticed any like there is for sandstorm, which is a shame since hail and sandstorm are similar like rain and sun are similar, yet there aren't any parallels... there isn't yet discovered a double speed in hail ability, or boost of ice moves in hail, or boost of a stat in hail as far as I know... poor Ice types :(

What interests me is the idea of the "Fresh Start" or whatever battle option. There wouldn't be auto-weather inducers there, and Sandstorm would actually be set up like Rain and Sun are currently (using an item that boosts the duration along with the move itself). I think that is a really intriguing aspect of that battle mode.

What interests me is the idea of the "Fresh Start" or whatever battle option. There wouldn't be auto-weather inducers there, and Sandstorm would actually be set up like Rain and Sun are currently (using an item that boosts the duration along with the move itself). I think that is a really intriguing aspect of that battle mode.
Fresh Start supposedly only allows Pokemon obtained/bred in the 5th Gen games to be used. Dream World pokemon are from 5th Gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)