Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Holy shit guys. Spin blocking will no longer be possible with the "Aiming Mark" item. I can totally just slap that on a foretress and drop payback now!

FUCK YES
If this is true, this is not a happy day for stall. How are they supposed to keep their shit up when they can't even spinblock? That's no fun...

The "freshness" is most likely coming from the Famitsu's comment on how the lack of previous Pokemons in Black and White makes it exciting. It creates mysteries and tensions. Having the discoveries to make. Other possibility is the fresh rule being a made-up idea from certain forums, along with the confirmation for lack of previous generation Pokemons until obtaining the national dex. Just silly rumors all-in-all.

If this is true, this is not a happy day for stall. How are they supposed to keep their shit up when they can't even spinblock? That's no fun...
Embargo. Magic Room. Moves that would otherwise have little use. ;) (though it does mean you're spending more turns setting up random shit, and less turns phazing / recovering / pivoting -_-)

R_N, you're right... I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I'm predicting a very defensively-based metagame overall. You might think that that's a stupid statement, but look at all the new abilities/ability changes such as LightningRod and all of the powerful new threats (Dragon type with 130/130 offenses and 95 Speed among many others - umm can you say Choice?)

What I would really like to see is a new Wonder Guard, but I will definitely continue to use Shedinja into generation 5.

Kind of falling in love with the fire/bug Urugumoso. Bug Buzz (30% chance to lower SpDef), 80Dmg 100acc fire (sp)attackwith 30% chance to increase SpAtk and a +1 spatk, +1spdef AND +1spe stat up! Swarm will have its uses too.

sexysexysexy

Speed Boost Blaziken? Drought/Drizzle Ninetales/Politoad? 21 new Pokemon with 120 or more base attack, including a dragon with 147 attack, DD and SD? 16 Pokemon with 120 or more base special attack?

What has Smogon ever done to you, Gamefreak? :((

It's just that someone over at serebii was saying that 'if we're going by smogon rules, even a level 1 magikarp with drizzle would be banned from OU'

that honestly doesn't sound right to me, since everyone knows just how devastating sandstream teams are, and yet they're still allowed to exist. I just felt it necessary to check, since I'm very much looking forward to using a sunny day team.
In Generation 4 this would have been true. Unlimited Rain and Sun were determined broken in the current competitive game.

However in the new generation I would guess they'll be tested.

What do you guys think of Wake-up Slap on Chirachiino? With Technician, I'm pretty sure it's Base 90, which gives it an effective move to use against rocks/steels. Could also combo with Swimming Goggles?

Do you guys think extremespeed will ever be distributed to many pokemons ever in this generation? Random question I know but i feel like with sword dance +es or es+choice band + decent attack, it will be one of the most abusable/"broken" move that oculd really shift the metagame around. but yeah lol just wondering

Do you guys think extremespeed will ever be distributed to many pokemons ever in this generation? Random question I know but i feel like with sword dance +es or es+choice band + decent attack, it will be one of the most abusable/"broken" move that oculd really shift the metagame around. but yeah lol just wondering
I think it's pretty impossible to guess on which attacks will increase or decrease, at least in terms of frequency of availability.

But right now there are only 4 Pokemon that learn it(not including Linoone's pre-evo), so I'd be willing to bet there won't be many more in this gen. Probably one or two at most.

Another case of Butterfree/Venomoth swap?
Not necessarily an error, but it was an intentional trade factor thing.

But yes, it references the issue in Generation I wherein Caterpie looked like it evolved into Venomoth and Venonat should have evolved into Butterfree.

I think it's not as noticeable this time. ^^

Man its been a while, finally got updated on what I missed by reading up this week. Some interesting new Pokemon, attacks and abilities but it seems Gen 5 is suffering from Rampardos syndrome. I noticed there are a lot of heavy offensive Pokemon that can't even take a hit worth shit. On he flip side I personally won't have to change my playing style, desert storm is so in this Gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)