Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a good place could be the area to the Left of Johto above Hoenn. That way, you could maybe do the first half of the game on the Mainland, then, you could Surf to the large island to the south of it, which could be highly urbanized, or vice versa. Just a theory.

Are the Sevii/Orange islands below Kanto/Johto? I don't see them on the map....

I see a bunch of islands below Hoenn but not Kanto or Johto.......

Above Kanto and Johto is mountains like Mt Silver and probably eventually leads to the north pole.....

I failed and made a misprint: I meant to say right of Sinnoh and left of Hoenn....sorry.....

I just noticed New Moon Island isn't on the map.....lol Poor Darkrai
And Flower Paradise was cut off.

What's that on top of mount Cornet? Is it the Spear Pillar? That weird rock-thing?

Wait, what? There's only water on the right of Sinnoh and only water on the left of Hoenn...unless you mean going outside Japan and going to the Asian continent and the Pacific Islands. Darkrai's island is on the map and Flower Paradise is on there too.

I don't see flower paradise, I see the E4 and Cresselia's Island....

I there is a chance they will stretch that far, I'm saying. So far there is nothing set in stone....Both are wide open....

Orre was a pretty annoying region and it wasn't the biggest region.....but that's probably because you got from city to city via Scooter/odd motorcylce thing......What scares me is if they did that it would make sense seeing the region is partially industrialized like the Orre region....

Colosseum was very boring and rather difficult to catch all the shadow Pokemon.....The one thing that put me to sleep was that every trainer looked completely identical w/ only a small variation of trainer classes.....They helped mix it up by at least making more than one Shadow Attack and a seemingly wider variety of characters in XD Gale of Darkness......I was really annoyed having to battle the same grunt w/ the same red scarf over and over and over again for a good half hour until I got passed the hideout, then battled the same cowboy and girl over and over again till I reached the next hideout....It was an OK game, but....

I don't know...I'm looking at the map Deucalion2 supplied us. Darkrai's island is right next to Cresselia's island, at the very north near Snowpoint. You might be looking at the bottom island which is Iron Island. See that long blue line going from the E4's island to the island on top? Scroll to the right. That might've been a problem, especially if you're looking at this on a phone. Flower Paradise is there.http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=7542

I'm looking at the movie map from Bulbapedia....the one Aura Garden supplied....so were probably looking at different maps....

I'm looking at the movie map from Bulbapedia....the one Aura Garden supplied....so were probably looking at different maps....
Probably. The one on the previous page had every location on there so I'm guessing that GF made up some places that aren't on the real Earth. Where's the map that you're looking at? I want to compare the two.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm afraid they might not reveal much......why anything will satisfy me. They might be hesitant seeing how the Americas knew about the game almost the same week it was mentioned in Japan.
It always happens and Game Freak never knows about it. Or at least doesn't care much.

According to PokeBeach, they were in shock to find out the Americas even knew about it at all when they/someone else interviewed them. That's what they said when the newer, bigger, cleaner pictures were released.

Mario With Lasers

According to PokeBeach, they were in shock to find out the Americas even knew about it at all when they/someone else interviewed them. That's what they said when the newer, bigger, cleaner pictures were released.
Exactly, that was when W-P-M asked about those silhouettes which turned out to be the new Rotoms. It happened again with Pokémon USA when somebody told them the Gamestop Deoxys distribution ROM got leaked to the web and that there were people who knew how to modify the gift to anything they wanted, and IIRC happened a third time in another situation.

Trust me, they know there are American/European gaming sites (and magazines?) that revealed Black and White will come out on Japan this year. But that's irrelevant, as the bulk of the fanbase still doesn't know about it.

I'd like to see all the islands in the south be used, utilizing a new form of transportation, as they said before. Something similar to the speedboat in RSE. That would make things accessible before Surf/Fly. It would give new opportunities for fire types, being south, and grass, from increased growth, while keeping a strong water base because of the islands. Other types can be managed through the many islands and characteristics of them.

Ice pokemon would have a rude awakening, however.

what if we don't have a new region- what if, instead of ruby/saphire remakes, they take place in hoenn-excpet its like 10 years later, so everything is more advanced and all the new pokemon have migrated there. Of course, hoenn was the most un-technological region so far, so probably not.
Has pokemon Sunday come on yet?

Mario With Lasers

what if we don't have a new region- what if, instead of ruby/saphire remakes, they take place in hoenn-excpet its like 10 years later, so everything is more advanced and all the new pokemon have migrated there. Of course, hoenn was the most un-technological region so far, so probably not.
It has been confirmed it's going to be on a new region.

They said Zoroark lives in a new area w/ many new Pokemon.......Which is kind of saying there will be a new region w/ new Pokemon.

I wouldn't mind that, though....like GSC Was 3 years after red. You got to see how Red completely changed the entire Kanto region and some of Johto.

I can imagine Hoenn becoming industrialized. It was very tropical, tourists swarmed in, and factories and cities were built to support them.

I'd like to see all the islands in the south be used, utilizing a new form of transportation, as they said before. Something similar to the speedboat in RSE. That would make things accessible before Surf/Fly. It would give new opportunities for fire types, being south, and grass, from increased growth, while keeping a strong water base because of the islands. Other types can be managed through the many islands and characteristics of them.

Ice pokemon would have a rude awakening, however.
That's actually a pretty good idea.....Ice Pokemon wouldn't fall. Remember 4 Island? Or they could just make an outlier and have it very far south near the south pole....being trapped in permafrost.

It has. Nothing new this time, but next week they are revealing an image of a new Pokemon, although it's likely just a silhouette.

This week's Pokemon Sunday already aired a while ago (due to the timezone difference, Pokemon Sunday airs at about 6:30 PM Eastern United States time on Saturday), and didn't reveal anything. It's this upcoming one that's supposed to be revealing something.

Har Har. It has been gone over about 4 times, it's only racist if you consider it to be. Nintendo and GF are probably worried because we here in the Americas aren't grown up enough to handle this kind of stuff........But, Americans used to point at Pokemon and say evil because they have horns and other random stuff, and we eventually got over it, so maybe the same will go if the name's are B/W here. Hopefully, the names being considered "racist" won't last long, or even better, nobody will care.

I have confidence that people will be able to identify Black and White as simply colors, given the original game titles were based on colors. It's not like the games are called "Pokemon Black People" and "Pokemon White People". Then again there are some who enjoy spending their time stirring up trouble.

I for one am glad these titles were chosen, as I predicted they would be prior to the names being revealed. I hoped black and white would suggest a setting in the past though, not this industrialized city stuff. I have far greater interest in the wild and undeveloped areas in Pokemon games, as opposed to urbanized areas.

As has been pointed out before, Jynx's appearance isn't racist. It's just interpreted to be so by overly-sensitive people.

As you said Jynx isn't racist, but GF has had to almost completely over-hall Jynx appearance b/c people can't drop this stuff......As I said, the Americas will not let this go, and GF knows this......Lets just stop and discuss this problem later on if it ever becomes one....

I like the idea of the region to be based on the world today....I don't know why, I just like the idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)