Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The term "Black and White" doesn't just have to do with race. It represents simplicity and is the epitome of contrast. There's also black and white television, photography, etc, and the thought never even comes up. I love the title myself, and only those who are ignorant or smart ass would automatically think of something on the topic of "racist".

I fully agree, but only American fans/people who look at of Serebii/PokeBeach know about Generation 5, and I have already found videos on YouTube and Threads joking about it....

I'm really distraught about it, and I'm sure plenty of people here aren't ready to go into the topic....

only those who are ignorant or smart ass would automatically think of something on the topic of "racist".
Or those who, like myself, are somewhat jaded with the "political correctness gone mad" we see nowadays, and while we understand the titles aren't racist, we expect others to noisily protest that they are.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The 20 or so islands? Without Fly, that would be hell. Even if you did have Fly, you still have to swim around a lot to get to all those islands. You know how annoying it is to swim from Olivine to Cianwood. All those islands would mean you get Surf early and you have to swim A LOT!
Pokemon Tentacool.

Personally, I'd like a Pokemon game that is set in China, and the main character goes there as a foreigner. But there's plenty of Japan left, so I won't get my hopes up.

Just have the region in America, where ALL THE POKEMON ARE STARTERS.

Nothing will ever satisfy the pokemon fans needs for names of versions. Pearl wasn't very good, considering it was pink and a lot of my friends were complaining. Platinum is a metal while Pearl and Diamond are not. They won't run out of absurd titles that in the end, don't really matter as long as they deliver new and exciting pokemon.

Also I'd like to see them get rid of the all too familiar "start-off" pokemon. There's always a pidgey, a geodude, a zubat, a rattata. In D/P they fixed it a bit, but i believe geodude remained as well as machop. When you look at it, they haven't made THAT many new pokemon in each game, just the pokedex is filled with gen1 pokemon.

This is sparking debate. We are doing this. We are making this happen.

We should have a pokemon game that takes place...in outer space.

Diamond and Pearl were the worst names given to the pokemon games, but they still weren't that bad. Just wait until they come out with Feldspar and Schist versions. Or Pink version.

Edit: Oh, and vonFielder, dig the sig.

We should have a pokemon game that takes place...in outer space.
lol. Mossdeep did have a space station.....Clefable came from space along w/ Deoxsys....Porygon 3 is wanted, and all the Porys were made to explore space....I can imagine a Pory 3 being released and discovers a planet that can support life....were Clefary and Deoxsys . The protagonist goes w/ the professor to explore......A few new Pokemon are discovered: 3 species near extinction become your selection of starters...

But that probably won't happen seeing the large city means there are plenty of people...Oh well.

If you want to go crazy, I'd like a Pokemon region that's like Vegas. There'd be a town that's medieval like the Excalibur, one that's nice and beachy like Mandalay Bay, a creepy town like Circus Circus, a Roman town like Cesar's Palace, a desert town with pyramids (Luxor), a giant ship-town that's like Treasure Island...you name it.

I want the new region to be like Dante's Inferno, where the protagonist starts out in purgatory, then battles a variety of dark and evil demons who reward the player gym badges as he works his way through the layers of hell. At the end, he battles Blue from the original game, because, let's face it: No other rival lives up to his douchebaggery.

I can see the Bible-beaters foaming at the mouth already.... :(

Anywho, I'm curious as to what the shiny dogs/cat trio might do in BW.

I can see the Bible-beaters foaming at the mouth already.... :(

Anywho, I'm curious as to what the shiny dogs/cat trio might do in BW.
They'll be in cages, along with Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit...and you'll have to coughwincough free them from the carnival madman.

They might unlock some special even which could give you some sort of item that's hard to find, or the opportunity to catch a pokemon which normally wouldn't be in the game. Or it might not do anything significant. What would be interesting is to see Eusine make an appearance again, but that seems the least likely.

They probably unlock an event involving a Zoroark, given their relationship in the new movie. HGSS had a few roughly movie-related unlockables (spiky-eared Pichu, Arcues), it wouldn't surprise me if they do it again.

I want the new region to be like Dante's Inferno, where the protagonist starts out in purgatory, then battles a variety of dark and evil demons who reward the player gym badges as he works his way through the layers of hell. At the end, he battles Blue from the original game, because, let's face it: No other rival lives up to his douchebaggery.
Hey, at least Blue didn't steal his Pokemon like the nameless red-headed bastard in GSC! But yeah, he was a douchebag. I've been playing through my old Red Version, and I'm getting a little tired of the constant "Smell you laters!" Yeah, you will smell me later Blue...'cause every time we battle I take a giant sh*t on your team...

My pointless rants aside, I would like it if the rival character in Black/White was more like Blue - an arrogant, trash talking bully. Gamefreak got the whole rival thing right the first time, but ever since then they've been missing the mark. The rival from GSC is as mean as Blue, but he's so emo and weird you just feel sorry for him. RSE was even worse...how are you supposed to get psyched about beating a rival when they start the battle by saying things like, "Oh, hey there friend! How is your Pokedex coming along?" DP's Barry showed some signs of Blue's old aggression, but he was more hyperactive then hostile. We've already got a cool new Dark Pokemon...is it too much to ask for a rival who's a bit darker as well? What do you guys think?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here's what I want to see in Black and White.

E4: Congratulations, you have beaten the Elite Four! You are now the Pokemon League Champion!"

Black: Srsly? I guess I'll walk into the Hall of Champions.

White: Hey, I just beat the Elite Four. Now I'm challenging you for your title.

Black: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

He should be a former member of the crime syndicate who had decided to bury his past as a criminal by starting over and trying to live a different, more honorable life, but keeping his smart ass disposition. No one would guess that he use to work for the bad guys, but the fact would eventually leak out during the story anyway.

He should be a loose-cannon cop who lives on the edge and doesn't play by the rules :naughty:

But actually, that does sound like a cool idea. Unfortunately, all of the rivals in Pokemon games have been the same young age as the main character. So unless you're saying this guy joined the crime syndicate when he was three years old, I don't see this happening. Plus, how much of a loser would a grown man have to be to pick on a kid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swJ66qkvRIo

He could have been fairly new at a young age (You should see the ages at which some kids join modern day gangs, now), then regretted the decision after finding out their most likely cataclysmic plans. I'd say that the protagonist is about the age of 16 during the games, so even within time restrictions the idea is certainly possible.

What if the rival is the professor? I mean gosh, the last time a professor did anything was when Oak bought a house in D/P.

The rival could be like Hit Girl.
I can just picture her now, fighting Team Rocket...

"OK you GRUNTS, let's see what you can do now!"

Edit: @Jess Mill: No, the Professor should be the Champion! There's actually a lot of unused programming in RBY that suggests GameFreak was going to do that, then changed their minds. Imagine how awesome it would be...you'd be teleported home after beating the Elite 4, and you'd think it was all over. Then the Professor comes out of his lab with a little surprise...

I can just picture her now, fighting Team Rocket...

"OK you GRUNTS, let's see what you can do now!"
haha...if any of you haven't seen the movie, she says a word that rhymes with grunts where McLuvdisc put grunts. Dirty mouth for a little girl. I wonder how she'll use her Pokemon as weapons. Sending out Gallade to...you can picture it.

He should be a former member of the crime syndicate who had decided to bury his past as a criminal by starting over and trying to live a different, more honorable life, but keeping his smart ass disposition. No one would guess that he use to work for the bad guys, but the fact would eventually leak out during the story anyway.
Sounds very Pokemon Colliseum-esque, though it'd be a nice change from the bog standard. Also, it's hard to be a smart ass if the character's another silent protagonist as is in every game.

Character: "..."

Professor: "I could do without your smart ass remarks, (player)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)