Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug refers to a certain set of species, makes me think of insects, not arachnids.
Grass refers to a specific group of plants, not to all plants in general. Ghost refers to a specific paranormal being, not to just anything weird. Steel is a particular alloy, being distinct from iron, and there are no steel metors to mash with, nor are bullets made from steel. Magma and lava are not fire. Etc etc etc.

Game Freak do need to fix the heights and weights I reckon. Wailord is a prime example - estimates of its density are about 1.3 kg/m^3. Water is 1000 kg/m^3. So there's no way Wailord could dive, or even appear to swim normally - it would sit on top of the water with hardly any of its body submerged. Indeed there's margin in the estimate for Wailord to be lighter than air, and thus float like an airship. I know Pokemon's not realistic, but it shouldn't be that ridiculous.

Grass refers to a specific group of plants, not to all plants in general. Ghost refers to a specific paranormal being, not to just anything weird. Steel is a particular alloy, being distinct from iron, and there are no steel metors to mash with, nor are bullets made from steel. Magma and lava are not fire. Etc etc etc.

Game Freak do need to fix the heights and weights I reckon. Wailord is a prime example - estimates of its density are about 1.3 kg/m^3. Water is 1000 kg/m^3. So there's no way Wailord could dive, or even appear to swim normally - it would sit on top of the water with hardly any of its body submerged. Indeed there's margin in the estimate for Wailord to be lighter than air, and thus float like an airship. I know Pokemon's not realistic, but it shouldn't be that ridiculous.
The fact that it could breed with Skitty didn't tip you off that there was something bewilderingly unnatural about that Pokemon?

Game Freak do need to fix the heights and weights I reckon. Wailord is a prime example - estimates of its density are about 1.3 kg/m^3. Water is 1000 kg/m^3.
I'm pretty sure that this was proved false. Besides, it's called the Float Whale Pokémon for a reason :P

Maybe it swallows (or somehow ingests) water to make itself sink, like a submarine?

Buffalo_Wings

Abnormally Cruel
is an Artist Alumnus
Am I the only one who thinks the top left silhouette is the water type? It looks like a fish tail, right?

Think:

Also I would like a primeape, muk, tauros and ledian evos. Oh yeah and I always wanted like a night time/ darkness weather effect? Like Dark moves power +50% or whatever. Ttar couldn't even abuse it since he would change the weather on the switch. And something to make poison type more powerful (like make it SE against ANYTHING maybe???).

Edit: Thinking it could be
Top left : Water/Dark
Bottom : Grass/psychic
Top right : Fire/ fighting (again???)

That way it would involve the classic elemental triangle and the highly requested (I think) Dark/psychic/fighting one. It would also let each starter hit SE on the other two with one of its STABs which would be kinda cool.
Probably not though, I doubt they'd go for fire/fight 3 times in a row.

1)Actualy you named the ONLY usable bug pokemons, 5 pokemons dont make it a useful atacking type. Scizor is also OU becouse he is a revenge whore Bullet Puncher....which is not a bug type move.
The thing is, most bug types suck not because they're bug typed but rather because of their horrible base stats, and often quite poor movesets. Only 5 out of 25 fully evolved bug pokemon have BST over 500, and only 12 of them have at least a single base stat over a 100. Overall, they also have quite poor stat distrubution, and they all suffer from low base HP (Highest being Yanmega at 86). Really, bug is an ok type, one of those types that doesn't really shine out but isn't too poor. What it suffers from is horrible, horrible stats.

Scizor is not OU because of Bullet Punch-that only adds to its utility. U-turn, which is a bug attack, is the main attribution to why Scizor is OU.
Bullshit. Scizor had U-Turn since beggining of DP, but only in Platinum, when it gained Bullet Punch, it became the beast we know now.

U-turn is one of the best moves in the game, it's just a lot of bug types can't use it effectively because of Stealth Rock (losing 25%-50% per switch in doesn't warrant it).
While surely, Stealth Rock and rock weakness in general affects bug types a lot, pretty much everything that gets STAB U-Turn either sucks quite a lot or is called Scizor. U-Turn is a great move but not due to it's power, but rather it's secondary effect, which in no way is affected by STAB.

Am I the only one who thinks the top left silhouette is the water type? It looks like a fish tail, right?
I completely agree. It looks like a sexy pre-vo of milotic tbh.
I think the fire starter (one in my opinion on the far right) looks insanely shite. It's bidoof with flames, joy. ¬.¬

o.o It looks more like leaves to me but it's possible. The one thing that I rule out is Fire.

completely agree. It looks like a sexy pre-vo of milotic tbh.
I think the fire starter (one in my opinion on the far right) looks insanely shite. It's bidoof with flames, joy. ¬.¬
I have a feeling you may be eating your words =/

Also I would like a primeape, muk, tauros and ledian evos. Oh yeah and I always wanted like a night time/ darkness weather effect? Like Dark moves power +50% or whatever. Ttar couldn't even abuse it since he would change the weather on the switch. And something to make poison type more powerful (like make it SE against ANYTHING maybe???).
Tauros evo lol. He just needs a better movepool, maybe a pre evo with egg moves. We need more weather inducers, I liked the night/darkness thing you mentioned. Maybe a fog inducer? Like a bulky ghost that creates a thick fog. That way Defog might see some play. And yes, Poison SE against water is one of my biggest prayers.

It's a little unusual for a fish tail, but I think it could be. Mainly because my first reaction was the top one's 'ears' are leaves, and I'm cynical and reckon the grass starter will be ANOTHER quadruped with a plant on its back.

And I wouldn't rule out the bottom one being fire, though I consider it unlikely. I agree its tail isn't a flame, but there's nothing stopping a fire-type having an odd-shaped physical tail.

just to make my final point about bugs:the problem is not the type, its the pokemons. the bug type is good, the problem is that most bug types got poor stats, the type itself is good. and we do got some good bug types like heracross and scizor anyway. lets hope gamefreak make better bug type pokemons since most of the bug types cant abuse they bug typing very well....wow i feel like a bug now....

I have a feeling you may be eating your words =/
Any reason? The middle dude is probably grass.
The one on the left has either a fin (water) although it's head does look celebi-ish so possibly grass...
That leaves the crazy bidoof-slug to be fire.

The left one reminds me of a Kiwi bird.

Middle is very up in the air.

Right seems otter like, but not really. Maybe a wolverine?

Any reason? The middle dude is probably grass.
The one on the left has either a fin (water) although it's head does look celebi-ish so possibly grass...
That leaves the crazy bidoof-slug to be fire.
Why do you think the middle dude is grass? The one on the left has three leaves growing out of its tail-thing. Plus if it went grass-fire-water it would fit the order the starters always go in the Pokedex and fit with the way they revealed last gen's starters.

Yes i do see the reasoning behind that theory tbh.
But either way, i hope the one on the right looks a lot better in full colour.

I might be biased because of my longstanding love for fire, but am I the only one hoping for serious changes in SR? I like the concept of entry hazards, but I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would choose to create one that is so unfair. Lucario absolutely loved it. Go ask Charizard what he thinks. I don't keep my hopes high, though, I don't see how it could be done considering gen V will be compatible with IV.

Also, this was mentioned a few pages back, they MUST include a priority fire attack to check Scizor. I guess it would make sense to be special, but I wonder if maybe being physical could help ol' Flareon stand a chance

Also, somebody mentioned the middle sillhouette being a bird, as if it were diving to the left. I can see that, but I wonder how weird it'd look with that enormous behind, not to mention the panache coming out of it

but fire resists bullet punch, they dont need priority at all. unless they're slower than scizor, which is unlikely.

Since Scizor is 4x weak almost ANYTHING with a fire move threatens to OHKO, just as almost ANYTHING with an ice move threatens Salamence.

And I think most people want changes to SR.

Changes to battle mechanics are entirely plausible. Gen 5 will be trade compatible - though whether or not we get tradebacks is another matter. That means the stats, IVs, EVs, Natures have to stay as they are - although how they are USED is another matter (eg Gen 5 could allow direct manipulation of IVs). But there's unlikely to be ability to battle Gen 4 vs Gen 5, since that'd depress Gen 5 sales.

I might be biased because of my longstanding love for fire, but am I the only one hoping for serious changes in SR? I like the concept of entry hazards, but I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would choose to create one that is so unfair. Lucario absolutely loved it. Go ask Charizard what he thinks. I don't keep my hopes high, though, I don't see how it could be done considering gen V will be compatible with IV.

Also, this was mentioned a few pages back, they MUST include a priority fire attack to check Scizor. I guess it would make sense to be special, but I wonder if maybe being physical could help ol' Flareon stand a chance
Totally agree stupid stealth rock killing shuckle and stupid scizzor bullet punching shuckle. Also shuckle should get explosion. Yea its worthless but imagine the old mans shuckle with the corks shooting out like bullets.

Bullshit. Scizor had U-Turn since beggining of DP, but only in Platinum, when it gained Bullet Punch, it became the beast we know now.

While surely, Stealth Rock and rock weakness in general affects bug types a lot, pretty much everything that gets STAB U-Turn either sucks quite a lot or is called Scizor. U-Turn is a great move but not due to it's power, but rather it's secondary effect, which in no way is affected by STAB.
It is the two moves together that make Scizor the great utility pokemon he is and I don't know how to explain it any further without getting completely off topic.

It is the two moves together that make Scizor the great utility pokemon he is, I don't know how to explain it any further without getting completely off topic.

we can put like this:scizor scout the enemy team with u-turn, revenge kill with bullet punch, trap with pursuit and kill steels with superpower, he is not overpowered, its just that he is a awesome utility pokemon that can do many stuff while only taking 1 slot in the team, he also got a good typing and a high amount of partners who get good synergy with him, you cant go wrong with scizor.

but fire resists bullet punch, they dont need priority at all. unless they're slower than scizor, which is unlikely.
If that were true, Scizor wouldn't be the threat it is right now.

Since Scizor is 4x weak almost ANYTHING with a fire move threatens to OHKO, just as almost ANYTHING with an ice move threatens Salamence.

And I think most people want changes to SR.

Changes to battle mechanics are entirely plausible. Gen 5 will be trade compatible - though whether or not we get tradebacks is another matter. That means the stats, IVs, EVs, Natures have to stay as they are - although how they are USED is another matter (eg Gen 5 could allow direct manipulation of IVs). But there's unlikely to be ability to battle Gen 4 vs Gen 5, since that'd depress Gen 5 sales.
Huh, I hadn't thought of it that way. If they do make it battle-uncompatible, that'd be amazing. Haha, thanks a lot man, you've lit my day up hahaha=P
Has there been any sort of statements on this? What you say about hampering sales is certainly true, but hasn't anyone said something along the lines of fully compatible?

we can put like this:scizor scout the enemy team with u-turn, revenge kill with bullet punch, trap with pursuit and kill steels with superpower, he is not overpowered, its just that he is a awesome utility pokemon that can do many stuff while only taking 1 slot in the team, he also got a good typing and a high amount of partners who get good synergy with him, you cant go wrong with scizor.
Agreed.

Back on topic: Pokebeach has updated with a lot of fan artwork, but in particular I am fond of these:

The left may look a little too much like Treecko, but if it evolved into something different and has some unique features, I would be alright with that (Sceptile is damn cool). The middle one is (from my interpretation of the picture) a deer, which would be cool given that little tail. The one on the right is Platypus/Beaver thing, cool as well.

I think this one is really creative. The left is a bird with a leaf (like cockatiel's feathers) which is by far the most unique. The one on the right is a frog-like creature, also very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)