Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, going from the footage, what do people think about the music? That hasn't been brought up yet. I think it's alright but nothing special, though maybe hearing the tracks entirely would help.
I was gonna mention that, and I like. Sounds very...fresh.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Exactly.

So because it's a fan club, that means that it gets correct information directly from GameFreak? O.o
You have to question them. It's just a fan club.
Well, that's how it works. There's even a special DS lite only for them...

And I said they're the official one. Which means it's recognized by Game Freak. Or maybe even created by them.

To be honest, I am not really a big fan of the legendaries. They don't look very innovative, rather they are a demonstration that the Pokemon franchise is running out of fuel for ideas. The possibility of a light type is interesting, though a bit unlikely to happen though to the major changes in game mechanics that would have to be make, not to mention remaking all those games again. Gamefreak, however said it will surprise us so who knows..

To be honest, I am not really a big fan of the legendaries. They don't look very innovative, rather they are a demonstration that the Pokemon franchise is running out of fuel for ideas. The possibility of a light type is interesting, though a bit unlikely to happen though to the major changes in game mechanics that would have to be make, not to mention remaking all those games again. Gamefreak, however said it will surprise us so who knows..
There's no reason to remake the past games if you add new types. People make it seem like the games will not work if they don't make remakes for the new types. It doesn't make any sense at all. It's just a new type. Existing types will get more weaknesses, more resistances, more super-effective hits, more not-very-effective hits, maybe more immunities, and there would be new moves for the new type and also new Pokemon. That's it. That's all. It ruins nothing.

I'm just glad that there's nothing blatantly sexual about them. Once you've seen one penismon, you've seen one too many. At least Cloyster the vagina gave us some balance.

Yes, Cloyster is a vag. Go ahead, try to unsee it.

Is anyone else going to name their Reshiram "Jacob" and their Zekrom "MiB" or "Smokey"?
Anyone naming their Zekrom "Starscream"?

Bulky, looks like a Steel or Dark type, small wings, glowing red eyes, clawed feet, engine for an ass...anyone seeing a pattern here?

Methinks these new Pokemon are more than meets the eye.

Edit: Actually, never mind. Ironhide looks way more like Zekrom.

Just for reference:

Transformers existed before Micheal Bay ruined them.
While this may be true, the tolerable version of Starscream has a much more vivid color scheme than the indescribable mess of tiny parts that is Michael Bay's version. Naming your Zekrom after Starscream is foolish unless its shiny coloration involves lots of reds and blues.

If the legends are indeed Dragon-typed, then I'd like to see Zekrom be Dragon/Fighting. At first, the obvious type is Dark, but besides its coloration, what makes it seem "Dark"? Of course, the next obvious typing is Steel, but Dragon/Steel has already been taken by Dialga, and I doubt they'd do two consecutive cover legends with the same typing. Dragon/Fighting is a unique typing, and has completely unresisted type coverage, with the only possible resistor being a Steel/Ghost. For Reshiram, I'm not sure.

However, if it turns out they're not actually Dragon type, then I'd love it if Zek was Dark/Fighting (unique typing, near perfect coverage), and Reshi Ghost/Normal (unique typing, good defensive typing).

Just my two cents.

Also, going from the footage, what do people think about the music? That hasn't been brought up yet. I think it's alright but nothing special, though maybe hearing the tracks entirely would help.
Yeah, too soon to have a full opinion of the music. Going by the footage however i like Hiun city theme, it kind of suits the big metropolis.

The new battle theme is very fresh, it sounds very different than previous themes.

To the people saying they doubt Zekrom will have the ability to fly:

Although they are not huge Zekrom does have wins that look usable, and he has a huge turbine on his back.

I can imagine Zekrom being in opposition to Reshiram because he has Red eyes and they are opposite colors. Not to mention the game are titled pokemon Black/White.

I honestly think they will make the Light type. If they don't make a Light Reshiram will be Dragon/Psychic and Zekrom will be Dragon/Dark, or they will be both pure Dragon.

This actually seems less quality than HGSS, or is this the actual video itself, or becasue the game is still in the making?
I just hope it keeps the same theme of cool music, like the, Hoenn Elite 4/Sinno Gym Leader/Lance battle Theme. etc.
I would like the new theme, of the big city metropolis, since this is my first time, I get to actually experience a new generation, since my first one was gen 4 :)

Like Sy, this is my first time watching the news on a new generation, even though I started with R/S, went to Silver, then DP lol

Dragon/Normal would be awesome, especially with access to Extremespeed + Swords Dance + Dragon Claw/Outrage.
I forgot about Extremespeed, having STAB on it is obviously a huge boon. To date the only Normal types that get the move are Togekiss (who hasn't the attack to use it) and Arceus (who's meant to be overpowered).

Something I'd like to see: a non-Uber normal type with Tinted Lens, Extremespeed, and the stats to outspeed and OHKO Scizor with it.

Its presence might actually counteract the importance placed on speed in the present metagame. This things always gonna hit most Pokemon first, so you'd better be taking the bulk to withstand it and give up trying to be fast. You'd also see a rise in ghosts. And there'd be a reason to use Bastiodon, Probopass, or Aggron.

You forgot about Linoone....
Who doesn't? Extremespeed, Gluttony, and Belly Drum are its only valuable assets. Ludicrously dangerous assets, yes, but still. I wouldn't compare it to Pachirisu, though. Nothing deserves that.

Also, here's to hoping that Reshiram and Zakrom have more colorful shiny colors.

I got smogoned, lol. Looks like this place hasn't changed that much.

Anyway, their shiny forms will probably be just a different shade of monochrome. I can see them being silver and gray, possibly both the same color.

first of all, i am going to NESgamer where he/she got that pic, cause i know its not the full version of the pic.

second, i hope they give pachirisu a evo, a eletric type with u-turn is my dream, but that thing sucks so much....also lucario with mach punch, but that is another history....btw, does anyone else want to see a mach punch move tutor?

If Arceus had max Attack with an Adamant Nature, Tinted Lens, a Life Orb, and had already used a Swords Dance, it would deal 102.3% - 120.7% to Choice Band Scizor. So this thing would need Swords Dance and high Atk to pull that off, even with Tinted Lens. So unless it's extremely slow or doesn't have a good way to deal with Ghosts, it would broken. There's a reason few things have STAB on Extremespeed and even fewer have Tinted Lens.

Edit:
second, i hope they give pachirisu a evo, a eletric type with u-turn is my dream, but that thing sucks so much....also lucario with mach punch, but that is another history....btw, does anyone else want to see a mach punch move tutor?
Flying squirrel, FTW. If it got Air Slash and Sere Grace, it would have good coverage with its STABs and it would make a great paraflincher with Discharge and Sere Grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)