SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For now follow along Kaphotic's twitter found here: https://twitter.com/Kaphotics . When we have a text dump or videos they will be editted into this OP.

Noteworthy Information:

New Pokemon:

Meltan: 46/65/65/55/35/34; BST = 300. Ability: Magnet Pull

Melmetal: 135/143/143/80/65/34; BST = 600. Ability: Iron Fist

-------

New Moves:

• Pika Papow (Special) / Veevee Volley (Physical) are 1 BP but have their BP boosted the higher your Pokemon's happiness (same as Return/Frustration). Example move description: The more Eevee loves its Trainer, the greater the move’s power. It never misses.
  • Double Iron Bash is a 60 BP / 100 accuracy Steel Physical move that has a 30% chance to flinch the target and is treated as a punching move so it is boosted by Iron Fist.
  • Zippy Zap is a +2 Priority 50 BP / 100 Accuracy Electric Physical move that always crits.
  • Splishy Splash is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Water Special move that has a 30% chance to paralyze the target.
  • Floaty Fall is a 90 BP / 95 Accuracy Flying Physical move that has a 30% chance to flinch the target.
  • Bouncy Bubble is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Water Special move that restores the users HP by 50% of the damage dealt.
  • Buzzy Buzz is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Electric Special move that always paralyzes the target if it is susceptible to it.
  • Sizzly Slide is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Fire Physical move that always burns the target if it is susceptible to it.
  • Glitzy Glow is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Psychic Special move that sets a field effect when it is used similar to Light Screen to reduce the damage dealt by the opposing Pokemon's special attacks.
  • Baddy Bad is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Dark Special move that sets a field effect when it is used similar to Reflect to reduce the damage dealt by the opposing Pokemon's physical attacks.
  • Sappy Seed is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Grass Physical move that inflicts the target with a condition similar to Leech Seed where the target will have hp drained each turn and given to the opposing Pokemon.
  • Freezy Frost is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Ice Special move that clears all stat changes on all Pokemon on the field similar to Haze.
  • Sparkly Swirl is a 90 BP / 100 Accuracy Fairy Special move that removes all status conditions from the user's party similar to Aromatherapy.

New Move Descriptions

-------

BSTs for Starter Pikachu & Eevee:

Pikachu: 45/80/50/75/60/120; BST = 430

Eevee: 65/75/70/65/85/75; BST = 435

-------

Changes to Moves:
  • Absorb: 20 -> 40 (now 15 pp)
  • Mega Drain: 40 -> 75 (now 10 pp)
  • Solar Beam: 120 -> 200
  • Sky Attack: 140 -> 200
  • Teleport now -6 priority and in-battle switches the user with another Pokemon on the same team.
-------

TM List:

TM Learnsets

Level-Up and TM Learnsets by Pokemon

-------

Information on Candy boosts and general stat boosts:

• Traditional EVs are no longer used for stat calculations.
  • The friendship you build with your Pokémon has use beyond Return & Frustration. Higher friendship = higher stats (+10% on all stats except HP).
  • Looks like the maximum amount of candies used for a stat is 200. Looks like it's added directly to the calculated stat (after friendship boost).
  • The candy boosted stats are internally called Awakening Values. "BTL_STRID_STD_AwakeningUp_Atk". Awakened stat boosts are permanent, at this time.
Calculating Go CP and Go Transfer Mechanics:
  • Rough documentation of CP calc: CP = [sum of stats (no awakening) * level * 6 / 100] + [awakeningsum * ((level * 4) / 100 + 2)].
  • GO Transfer IVs are as follows: Stamina * 2 + 1 = HP, ATK * 2 + 1 = ATK/SPA, DEF * 2 + 1 = DEF/SPD, Speed = random.
-------

LGP Encounter Tables

LGE Encounter Tables

List of Stationary Encounters and Gift Pokemon

Stationary Encounters (Guaranteed three 31 IVs and are not shiny locked)
  • Articuno Lv 50 Seafoam Islands
  • Zapdos Lv 50 Power Plant
  • Moltres Lv 50 Victory Road
  • Mewtwo Lv 70 Cerulean Cave
  • Snorlax Lv 34 Routes 12 and 16
  • Voltorb Lv 42 Power Plant
  • Electrode Lv 42 Power Plant
Gift Pokemon (not shiny locked unless otherwise specified, *IVs displayed in HP/ATK/DEF/SPEED/SPATK/SPDEF order*)
  • Pikachu (LGP) and Eevee (LGE) Lv 5 Pallet Town have guaranteed all 31 IVs for all stats and cannot be shiny
  • Magikarp Lv 5 Route 4 IVs: 30/31/25/31/25/25
  • Lapras Lv 34 Saffron City (Silph Co. employee) IVs: 31/25/25/25/30/30
  • Porygon Lv 34 Saffron City (Silph Co. employee) IVs: 25/25/30/25/31/30
  • Hitmonlee Lv 30 Saffron City (Karate Master) IVs: 25/30/25/31/25/30
  • Hitmonchan Lv 30 Saffron City (Karate Master) IVs: 25/31/30/25/25/30
  • Kabuto, Omanyte, Aerodactyl Lv 44 Cinnabar Island (Pokemon Lab - revive respective fossil) Guaranteed three 31 IVs
  • Bulbasaur Lv 12 Cerulean City IVs: 31/25/30/25/25/30
  • Charmander Lv 14 Route 24 IVs: 25/30/25/31/30/25
  • Squirtle Lv 16 Vermillion City IVs: 25/25/30/25/31/30
  • Persian Lv 16 (LGP exclusive) IVs: 30/30/25/31/25/25
  • Arcanine Lv 16 (LGE exclusive) IVs: 25/30/25/31/30/25

-------

Trainer Data

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
New info:

- Meltan has 046/065/065/055/035/034 stats with Magnet Pull as the ability
- Melmetal has 135/143/143/080/065/034 stats with Iron Fist as the ability
- both starter Pikachu and Eevee have boosted base stats
- 045/080/050/075/060/120 for Pikachu
- 065/075/070/065/085/075 for Eevee
- Partners also have guaranteed flawless IVs (and, as expected, can't be shiny)
- Several moves now have adjusted power. Absorb: 20 -> 40 with 15 PP, Mega Drain: 40 -> 75 with 10 PP, Solar Beam: 120 -> 200, and Sky Attack: 140 -> 200
- Friendship now affects stats as well. Higher friendship means higher stats (up to +10% on all stats except HP)
- A lot of new moves
- Zippy Zap is 50/100 Electric Physical with +2 priority and a Level 6 crit stage
- Splishy Splash is 90/100 Water Special with a 30% chance to paralyze
- Floaty Fall is 90/95 Flying Physical with a 30% chance to flinch
- Pika Papow is an Electric Special Return-like move which does not miss
- Bouncy Bubble is a 90/100 Water Special which heals 50% of inflicted damage
- Buzzy Buzz is a 90/100 Electric Special with a 100% chance to paralyze
- Sizzly Slide is a 90/100 Fire Physical with a 100% chance to burn
- Glitzy Glow is a 90/100 Psychic Special that sets up Light Screen
- Baddy Bad is a 90/100 Dark Special that sets up Reflect
- Sappy Seed is a 90/100 Grass Physical with a 100% chance to cause Leech Seed(?)
- Freezy Frost is a 90/100 Ice Special that removes all stat changes on the field (aka Haze)
- Sparkly Swirl is a 90/100 Fairy Special with a Heal Bell effect
- Veevee Volley is a Normal Physical Return-like move which does not miss
- Double Iron Bash is a 60/100 Steel Physical move with a 30% chance to flinch which hits twice (and potentially an extra effect)
- Teleport has an inbattle effect where it swaps with another member of the team with -6 priority
- It appears that each stat can be raised an additional amount (up to +200) after the friendship boost through candies (up to 200 candies can be used per stat)

- TM compatibility list: https://pastebin.com/6w6STBtx
- Clothing is in the game
- LG:Pikachu encounter table (non-hidden): https://pastebin.com/rVMYmz0B
- LG:Eevee encounter table (non-hidden): https://pastebin.com/829k97fx

- Green appears to be called Green, not Leaf
- Archer (from the Johto games) appears as a part of Team Rocket
- The ingame Alolan trades are as follows:
- Gym leaders can be rematched postgame
- Megastones can be bought postgame
- The rival is the champion still
- All of Blue, Green, and Red are fightable, sets below

- Many gift/stationary Pokemon in the game. All stationary Pokemon have at least 3 perfect IVs, while all gift Pokemon have set IVs. A list is below

Minisprites for partners, meltan, and melmetal:

Initial thoughts:
Meltan sucks. Suuuuuuucks. Melmetal is cool as hell though, that physical bulk is nuts. Starterchu has good stats honestly, although they aren't really great for lategame without boosts. Eevee's stats feel a bit too rounded honestly.

The fact that the starters have perfect IVs is nice and all, means they'll be really strong earlygame and consistently so across playthroughs.

Hot damn that new move power. The lack of Power Herb means that Sky Attack and Solarbeam aren't busted good, but Mega Drain is very strong.

Friendship meta is the new meta. Grind up friendship for badge boost levels of help. Ok sure. Nice that it affects more than Return though.

My god these moves are broken. Totally make up for the underwhelming lategame stats.

Notice that there's no weather moves as TMs, so it's possible that Solarbeam's buff is because there's no weather.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, those buffs to Pikachu and Eevee only apply to the partners.

Admittedly, I really like Melmetal's bulky capabilities. It's cool to know their Abilities already, even if we cannot use them yet.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I was under the impression that these are just new formes of Eevee and Pikachu.

Anyways, while they're close to what we were estimating, Im still not impressed with those stats. Really need to see sig move info and how candys effect stats before I decide on which version to get!

Melmetal's stats are also pretty nuts. Honestly, I think Battle Spot Singles would LOVE this thing as a Mimikyu counter, but it being mythical means it probably won't be allowed in Gen 8's Battle Spot Singles, probably only special stuff like No Holds Barred competitions and the likes :(

Will the changes to things like move powers apply to New Gens/existing Battle Formats, or is that all too early to be decided?

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Will the changes to things like move powers apply to New Gens/existing Battle Formats, or is that all too early to be decided?
Way too early. I mean, we've even had move changes inbetween gens, such as Hypnosis getting nerfed back to 60% accuracy from DP to Platinum.

Especially with how experimental this game is, I highly doubt stuff like Solarbeam being 200 BP is gonna stay for gen 8 lol

Looks like prediction on Meltan/Melmetal weren't too off.

Magnet Pull makes perfect sense, so does Iron Fist.
Makes me wonder if the signature move of Melmetal gets Iron Fist bonus, most likely could.

Slow, strong and bulky, and mono steel: that thing makes Registeel look like a novice...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Wow, Meltan, when you make PHIONE look like a better Pokemon, you know you messed up. Even by Little Cup standards those stats are disappointing. And while Magnet Pull makes sense contextually, it does it no favors.

Melmetal's stats look good (though if it wants to take advantage of Double Iron Bash flinching will need to be used on a Trick Room team), kind of wished they switched around Special Defense with Special Attack so it had more bulk. Surprised it got Iron Fist, guess Double Iron Bash is a punching move (any info on its Power?). Actually any info on its moveset in general? With it having Iron Fist that hopefully means it'll get a good batch of moves to use it with: Thunder Punch, Power-Up Punch, Hammer Arm, Dizzy Punch; maybe a stretch to expect Bullet Punch (though probably not Mach Punch), Drain Punch, Ice Punch, and Shadow Punch.

... WAIT? How do Meltan and Melmetal have Abilities?

Starter Pikachu's stats are pretty good (speedy offense), but Starter Eevee not so much as they made it too rounded. I think the more rounded stats could have worked but they chose to raise all the stats. Decrease Speed and then give increases to only Atk, Def, SpA, & SpD. If they really wanted to make Eevee different from Pikachu than make Eevee more defensive (maybe throwing some increase in HP). 85/70/90/70/90/30//435

Green being called Green makes sense, it's using her Gen I design. BTW, what are the default names for the playable characters?

Oh, Rocket Admin Archer is in the game! Wow, that's a surprise, they actually acknowledged the other remakes.

Cool they're playing around with the Friendship stat. Not sure I like the idea of it increasing stats se, though I think it would always be cool if they allowed for Pokemon to evolve earlier.

Mega Drain is 75 Power? How much Power does Giga Drain have then? And Solar Beam & Sky Attack being 200, wow, I'm going to guess these changes probably won't carry over.

My thoughts so far:
- I'm so unsurprised at Melmetal's stat distribution. If it gets Drain Punch, it could be a fine Assault Vest mon. I doubt it, though. And of course, they had to give it a signature move of limited effectiveness.
- 200 BP on charging moves is a fine idea... though I doubt it will make them worth using. Probably as a poor man's Z-Move. Any news about Fly, though?
- The upgrade to draining moves is good... but also too late.
- Friendship boosting stats is most likely not going to have an effect online. If it does, it's a bad idea.
- Partner Pokemon and partner moves are unappealing.
- Abilities being on Let's Go, but unusable, hints at just being there to avoid randomly making up data in PokeBank.

I'm liking the QoL changes A LOT, though.

Why did they give Melmetal’s signature move a chance to flinch when it has base 34 speed? Lmao
Trick Room?

PS: Teleport is a TM again. Sigh.

Also, Seismic Toss, Outrage, Superpower, Megahorn, Play Rough (finally powerful TMs for underrepresented types) and STEALTH ROCK are TMs. No signs of HMs.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That TM list is soooo good. The vast majority of the moves on there are perfect for battles and not unusable early-game or gimmicky trash (except for like Hyper Beam but that being a TM is bound to always exist). Creating competitively usable movesets with that TM set will be very easy in Let's Go games. But yeah probably one of the best executed TM lists so far of any TM list that has been made.

About the move list, each eeveevolution is represented with an 90/100 attack + added effect BUT we also have a 90/95 flying type move... does this confirm a flying type eeveevolution?

Theorymon

Holy fuck, assuming theres no EVs in the new stat system, I did calcs for how this would work with a Pikachu (the starter one) vs a Golem

Ignore the EVs and natures, this was just me modifying base stats and EVs to match the new stat system. These are also done at level 100. These calcs assume a Naive Pikachu and a Careful Golem, and with the 10% friendship boost and max candy investment.

0- SpA Pikachu Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 260-308 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Golem Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Pikachu: 284-336 (65.8 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Jesus christ everything is WAY bulkier in this game. Sorta makes me excited for Lets go as a sideformat, this seems MUCH different compared to the usual Pokemon formats! Likely to be slower paced too. This actually seems like it'd be more similar in pace to gen 1 and 2 than the other gens, so I hope this can get implemented in Showdown somehow. It'd be more of a blast from the past than expected!

Zippy Zap
Splishy Splash
Floaty Fall
Pika Papow
Bouncy Bubble
Buzzy Buzz
Sizzly Slide
Glitzly Glow
Baddy Bad
Sappy Seed
Freezy Frost
Sparkly Swirl
Veevee Volley
My goodness. Try ranking these from best to worst.

Apparently no post-game region so it looks rebattling and Master Trainers are the only post-game content? Meh.

Theorymon

Wow Eevee got the low hand of the stick.

Is there a list that shows which Pokémon are compatible with the new TMs?
I'm actually not so sure about that. If the candy system works like we think it does, I'd rather use Eevee and spam those status inducing moves than use Pikachu and not even be able to OHKO Golem with Surf lol.

Also, Kaphotics just tweeted that chaining is in the game. After 21 chains, your Pokemon seems to have 5 perfect IVs, and 6 perfect after 31. Could get annoying for rare mons depending on how it works, but it sure as hell is better than breeding or bottle capping lol

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
are we assuming that we will be able to transfer these Pokemon to the main series?

Also has a full moveset dump been leaked for every mon so far? I'm interested in what Pokemon can learn which one of the new TMs, specifically those dank Play Rough Superpower Outrage ones :psysly:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)