SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

I know, I was just making a meme there.

I bought Let's Go Eevee anyway cause I had enough of Pikachu for a lifetime, and I can't wait to VEEVEE my way to victory :D
Funnily, I have had too much Eevee in my life (my art gallery is half Vees, this isn't healthy). Yet I still feel like having to get PLGV anyway if I do want to.

I had loosely predicted that Eevee with that much versatility in such format would be in majority of teams. You can turn it into almost literally anything one wants. I think this is even worse than BSTriples Sylveon (iirc +30% team carry her, including myself).
They do have point that Pikachu would have advantage in faster-paced traditional format with Eevee's still middling speed... (well, IF they can be transferred to next games with traditional format anyway....)

Again I doubt it if they can be obtained in gen8 they will probably be event Pokemon and I would personally keep them UT with clones of them for personal use and your forgetting tons of people pull the trick room strategy

It's extremely unlikely the starters are going to ever be transferable.
They're not tradeable between the 2 games for one, which already gives a massive hint at it.
An Eevee or Pikachu with access to those moves would also completely break VGC and BSS, as both would get access to their signature Z-moves which also add another layer of brokeness, and we know VGC is the only competitive that GF cares for.

However, we know that GF intends to make everything else transferable to Switch Bank as they mentioned it in several interviews, and the data structure which kept several "unusued" things like totem forms and abilities (which let us get Meltan and Melmetal's as well) clearly hints at easy compatibility with bank.

I thus think that the new TMs are to be expected to be present in gen 8 in some form, either as tutor moves or actual TMs. What we cannot really predict is if move changes will. I don't think they will, cause some of them have been done for clarity or due to lack of mechanics (stronger 2 turn moves, Mega Drain basically taking Giga Drain place, etc).
But the new Teleport carrying over in gen 8 could indeed be interesting if that happens.

Worldie do you hope they make the Pikachu and Eevee an event as well in a later generation don't know how to mention on smogon

Unlikely to ever happen. Those moves are atrociously broken on actual Evolved pokemon. Vaporeon would turn into a monster for example.
Nope, Vaporeon would still be torn to use Scald. Flareon and Leafeon however would be much better, which is fair given how they are currently PU. Glaceon might use its move over Ice Beam, but it would hardly make a difference except to break stall, while Jolteon might prefer the extra chance of paralysis (100% over 10%), but still would not make much practical difference. Espeon still prefers Psyshock in most sets, Umbreon has no offensive power, and finally in Sylveon would much rather bypass Substitute.

Worldie do you hope they make the Pikachu and Eevee an event as well in a later generation don't know how to mention on smogon
They might do special event Pikachu and Eevee later for the "main series", (like with the various Ash cap Pikachu and Ash-Greninja) and may give them the Let's Go! partners' boosted stats, (like with Eternal Floette vs. normal Floette) but the special moves for them? Likely not. We might see them as early as next year's Gen 8 titles via data mining.

That said, even if they are in Gen 8's code doesn't necessarily mean Game Freak will do anything with them. Eternal Floette has yet to be made available, and who knows if they'll ever offer up the "when it was new" Magearna, for example.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Nope, Vaporeon would still be torn to use Scald. Flareon and Leafeon however would be much better, which is fair given how they are currently PU. Glaceon might use its move over Ice Beam, but it would hardly make a difference except to break stall, while Jolteon might prefer the extra chance of paralysis (100% over 10%), but still would not make much practical difference. Espeon still prefers Psyshock in most sets, Umbreon has no offensive power, and finally in Sylveon would much rather bypass Substitute.
Wouldn’t each Eeveelution get each move tho

Flareon isn't garbage if you know how to use it lol also it may be like yellows Pikachu were the starter can't evolve at least on the pikachu not sure about Eevee not too sure on Pikachu since I don't have the game

Flareon isn't garbage if you know how to use it lol also it may be like yellows Pikachu were the starter can't evolve at least on the pikachu not sure about Eevee not too sure on Pikachu since I don't have the game
I was referring to the competitive aspect. Flareon and Leafeon definitely belong to the garbage tier while all the special evos have their merit.

Jolteon might just use TBolt for being able to Toxic things later (I have no idea how jolt is used currently).
Sylv (may) run Healbell and the move has more PP and can be taunted
Umbreon at least gets a better screen move for support
Starter Eevee can't evolve

I knew it they made the starters like Pokemon yellow pikachu yay now if you could stuff em in the PC they would be exactly like yellows starter pikachu any info Tmi489

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
They're not tradeable between the 2 games for one, which already gives a massive hint at it.

An Eevee or Pikachu with access to those moves would also completely break VGC and BSS, as both would get access to their signature Z-moves which also add another layer of brokeness, and we know VGC is the only competitive that GF cares for.

I thus think that the new TMs are to be expected to be present in gen 8 in some form, either as tutor moves or actual TMs. What we cannot really predict is if move changes will. I don't think they will, cause some of them have been done for clarity or due to lack of mechanics (stronger 2 turn moves, Mega Drain basically taking Giga Drain place, etc).
But the new Teleport carrying over in gen 8 could indeed be interesting if that happens.
Not only that, you NEED the Starters to do their Secret Techniques. It's pretty clear the Starter Pikachu and Eevee are locked to these games, not just because they have absurdly powerful moves and viable stats.

At best in future games they could have an item, we'll call it the "Let's Go Cap", which can be given to any Pikachu and Eevee and it makes their stats resemble the Starter Pikachu & Eevee but have no Ability. Also they wouldn't be able to hold an item so no Light Ball or Eevium Z.

Also the Starter moves aren't going to carry over, they're too OP and only exist to make the Starter Pikachu and Eevee viable throughout the game. Now I wouldn't be opposed if they allowed Eevee to learn certain elemental moves via being bred from one of the Eeveelutions. Obviously I'm not suggesting anything powerful, but could be neat (especially for Z-Moves) if Eevee could get moves like Water Gun, Thunder Shock, Flame Charge, Confusion, Pursuit, Razor Leaf, Icy Wind, & Fairy Wind.

Anyway, there's just a few more things from Kaphotics:

An Out Of Time Mina Appears: So, yeah, as you saw either though Kaphotics tweets, the trainer data, or naturally encountering her playing the game yourself, Alola's future sole Poni Island Trial Captain Mina makes an appearance.

So, the only way it can make sense Mina is here is if she's 9 or even 8. While no specific amount of time is ever mentioned between Gen I and Gen VII, considering Red & Blue are kids in Gen I and adults in Gen VII we have to assume it's at least been 10 years. Canonically Red & Blue in Gen I are 11, so this would make them 21 in Gen VII. The issue here is that Trail Captains retire their title at 20, so only way Mina can be here and yet still a Trial Captain in Gen VII is if she's 9 or 8. Of course, they design her to look as old (or maybe even a bit older) then the player character who is assumably the same age as Red & Blue. So, yeah, not impossible but I feel they really stretched this cameo. "Or they just don't care about the timeline". If they're gonna include characters from other generations into the games they should. The Pokemon World Tournament in B2W2, while cool, annoyed me about that with the kid Gym Leaders and so does Wally in the Battle Tree. I'm just asking for them to take timeline into account and giving characters the appropriate appearance, that's all.

New Move Descriptions: So all the Eevee moves do indeed have an affect, and some are quite interesting. Going over the ones we didn't know about: Glitzy Glow (Psychic) puts up a Light Screen, Baddy Bad (Dark) puts up a Reflect, Sappy Seed (Grass) inflicts Leech Seed, Freezy Frost (Ice) is an attacking Haze, and Sparkly Swirl (Fairy) is an attacking Heal Bell. That's pretty interesting and maybe an idea they could explore with future moves having a % chance of activating certain effects only status moves do. Actually, I always thought Seed Bomb and Seed Flare should have a chance of inflicting Leech Seed, makes sense contextually to me. Out of all of them I'd say FF probably got the short end of the stick, I get that GF didn't want to have a 100% freezing move and Haze is a useful side effect, though compared to others it doesn't quite alter the course of the battle since main game trainers rarely use stat increasers/decreasers. Maybe having Freezy Frost decrease the target's Speed would have been more helpful, a more powerful Icy Wind pretty much.

And that's really it. Though with the game being out now I think I'll go back to hanging out on the main Let's Go thread. One of the commentary groups I watch are starting to do a playthrough of it and there's plenty of other miscellaneous videos being made of certain aspects such as easter eggs, walking Pokemon, and notably what Pokemon you can ride. :)

Damnit, those Twitch streamers had to go vulgar. If anyone gets the go game please do a video playthrough with no talking and put it on YouTube, because I can't and won't watch those Twitch streamers.

Last edited:
Oh, while I'm also against them broken starters being transferrable, I need to point a surprising fact that special Pikachu (various Ashcap-chu) can't use Pikachu's species Z-Move (outside it's own Z-move). So this rule might be applied to them, since both are in the same situation, being treated as different "species entry" to the normal species of theirs. Although it is also open to possibility that this is an oversight as Dusk Lycanroc doesn't share the same problem despite also being treated as separate "species entry" to normal Rockruff's line.

Some interesting aspects of the new moves introduced:
  • None of Pikachu's and Eevee's new signature moves is copyable by mirror move and they are all missing z-move data.
  • Double Iron Bash however can be upgraded into a 180 power Corkscrew crash.
  • DIB makes contact and is a punching move as it was stated before IIRC. Also the only new move that interacts with mirror move.
  • Splishy Splash is the only moves that hits multiple enemies.
  • Floaty Fall makes contact and cannot be used under gravity
  • Bouncy Bubble is classified as a healing move -> cannot be used under Heal Block
  • Sizzly Slide makes contact and defrosts upon use
  • Sappy seed can be reflected by magic bounce(?)
  • Veevee Volley makes contact
  • Zippy Zapp makes contact and although it has move data to raise the Users evasion, it's categorized as a damage dealing only move and the effect never takes place.
Also there is a new move Flag (F18) in use. Only moves that premiered in Gen1 have this flag, with the exception of Counter, Mimic, Metronome, Mirror Move, Transform and Struggle.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
8) in use. Only moves that premiered in Gen1 have this flag, with the exception of Counter, Mimic, Metronome, Mirror Move, Transform and Struggle.
This is just Metronome-able moves, right? Seems useful, as that's being programmed into the Showdown LGPE code right now.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Damnit those twitch streamers had to go vulgar if anyone gets the go game can you do a video playthrough with no talking and put it on YouTube because I can't and won't watch those twitch streamers
Please put a little more effort into punctuation and capitalization. It's really hard and annoying to try to read what you're saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)