Pokemon Minus

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
The old days are over.
No longer is everything weak and disappointing.
Minus is here.

Approved by The Eevee General

Welcome to Pokemon Minus, a pet mod in which I attempt to make every Pokemon S-Rank, or at least close to S-rank, on the Ubers Viability Thread! This is obviously inspired by a Brawl modification of a similar name [Brawl Minus]. Ofc I can't do this alone, so I need your help! Every so often (around 4 days to a week), one of the people found in the list at the end of the OP will post 4 Pokemon for you, the readers, to break, according to their viability in Ubers! I might also assign a special guideline for you that you should try to follow. This can be pretty much anything we see fit. People then break the Pokemon, and pm their votes on which is the best submission after a period of time (say a day or two) to all of the people in the list, or whoever I say to pm your votes to. Whichever submission gets the most votes wins. Yeah this is similar to Megas for All but it works well. I've done the first four, the current S-rank Ubers, for you, so you have a benchmark to work with when breaking stuff and also a formatting guide. (Ofc I forgot explanations so you should add those to your posts when you make them)

Gengar
Ghost | Poison [It floats!]
80 | 95 | 95 | 140 | 100 | 130 (640 BST)
Infiltrator | Prankster
+Encore

Gengar-Mega
Ghost | Poison [It floats!]
80 | 120 | 110 | 180 | 115 | 140 (740 BST; +25 Atk, +15 Def, +40 SAtk, +15 SDef, +10 Spe)
Shadow Tag
+Encore {This needs to be the same as its non-mega forme}

Kyogre:
Water / Ice
130 | 100 | 110 | 150 | 140 | 90 (720 BST)
Drizzle
+Origin Pulse (120 BP, Water-type, Special, 100% Accuracy, 8 PP; Super-effective against Water-types.)

Mewtwo:
Psychic
116 | 120 | 90 | 164 | 90 | 140 (720 BST)
Pressure | Unnerve (Modified Ability: Drops opponent's Special Attack by 1 on switchin)
+N/A

Mewtwo-Mega-X:
Psychic / Fighting
116 | 204 | 115 | 130 | 115 | 140 (820 BST; +84 Atk, +25 Def, -34 SAtk, +25 SDef)
Justified
+N/A {Still the same}

Mewtwo-Mega-Y:
Psychic [It floats!]
116 | 130 | 90 | 204 | 120 | 160 (820 BST; +10 Atk, +40 SAtk, +30 SDef, +20 Spe)
Rational (New Ability: When hit by a Dark-type attack, increases Special Attack by 1 stage)
+N/A {STILL the same}

Xerneas:
Fairy / Grass
136 | 131 | 95 | 151 | 108 | 99 (720 BST)
Fairy Aura
+Regenerative Beam (New Move: 120 BP Grass-type, Special, 100℅ accuracy, 8 PP; Heals the user by 50% of the damage done)
We will continue to break Pokemon until we reached the end of the Ubers viability list, then we will break according to the OU viability list, etc. until we get to the end of PU, in which case we're done. Most NFE's will be exempt from breaking unless they have specific niches in Metagames that are slightly different from their evolutions (or I just want to break them when they pop up)
So how is this different from brokemons? Well, the slate thing, the fact that it's Ubers, and the fact that we are not restricted by already-existing moves/abilities are just a few things.
-------------------
Here are a few guidelines:
1. Try to stay within flavor and stat distribution boundaries (because you can change stats). Don't change Groudon to a special sweeper. Try to keep it as a physical tank.
2. You can give new moves, abilities, and even change mechanics of already existing moves/abilities. Just remember to make sure it makes sense with flavor (Don't change Groudon's ability from Drought to Storm Drain, and don't give Ferrothorn/Scizor Flash Fire), and also explain them in your submission (also are they level-up or event?). Also, you should probably give new abilities to levitators (FLAVOR), and even make levitate intrinsic if you wanted for those Pokemon (see M-Gar). Also keep in mind that whatever you give also effects alternate formes of that pokemon in most cases.
3. Yes, this is a meta about breaking stuff, but remember to try to not make your submissions all-mighty. We're trying to make everything s-rank not make your favorites s-rank only. Heck, if something like M-Mawile has a lot of attack power not counting Huge Power go ahead and change its ability to something else! You can do that, remember?
4. If you're thinking about giving an existing signature move to something else except with a valid reason, don't. This has only been done to Entei and Lugia before. Give your thing a new signature move instead, if you have a valid reasoning for it.
5. Have fun! Remember this is a meta about balancing everything such that you can use anything you want. If you don't want to use your favorites in the design step or when all is said and done (except ofc if they're NFEs), something's up.
-------------------
Remember, If it ain't broken, break it until it gets better, and if it is broken, act like it isn't and break it until it gets better!

--------------

Last edited:

Pikachuun

Ice typing: Now resists Water and Dragon in addition to its normal matchups.

Scald: Super-effective against Ice-types.
Current Slate:

Discussion Phase
Submission Phase
Voting Phase

Past Slates:

(Gensect / Sylveon / Thundurus-Incarnate / Thundurus-Therian / Wobbuffet)

(Gothitelle / Lugia / Rayquaza / Scizor / Scizor-Mega)

(Groudon / Ho-Oh / Klefki / Zekrom)

(Arceus / Blaziken / Blaziken-Mega / Landorus-T / Landorus-I / Palkia)

(Darkrai / Deoxys / Deoxys-Attack / Deoxys-Defense / Deoxys-Defense / Dialga / Yveltal)

Last edited:
I've always wanted something like this.
I would recommend doing luvdisc, farfetch'd, spinda, and stunfisk for the first slate to make everyone me happy.
700 BST STAB Contrary superpower Spinda lgi

Pikachuun

I've always wanted something like this.
I would recommend doing luvdisc, farfetch'd, spinda, and stunfisk for the first slate to make everyone me happy.
700 BST STAB Contrary superpower Spinda lgi
I would but conventions dictate that those are done near the end :c

Looks like Ogre got screwed over pretty badly. Not only was its BST increase the smallest and poorly distributed, it also got that godawful Ice typing. It got an OP move that makes improves its offense significantly but its capabilities as a fatass were severely neutered. Will you consider redoing it, maybe with more HP? Ffs, that tiny little Mewtwo has more HP.

Pikachuun

Looks like Ogre got screwed over pretty badly. Not only was its BST increase the smallest and poorly distributed, it also got that godawful Ice typing. It got an OP move that makes improves its offense significantly but its capabilities as a fatass were severely neutered. Will you consider redoing it, maybe with more HP? Ffs, that tiny little Mewtwo has more HP.
I could, but remember you can edit type charts. I'll probably do the same for Xern.

Pikachuun

Our beginning slate is Arceus, Blaziken(-Mega), Landorus(-I and -T), and Palkia!

Arceus is well known for its power with Ekiller, support with Defog, Will-o-miss, etc. and diversity in terms of typing in the Ubers metagame. It's really a shame that its ability effectively forces you to use a plate, and does nothing else, in order to access all typings except normal. Blaziken is known for going fast with Speed Boost and passing the boosts with Baton Pass, so I don't get why its shiny isn't blue. This is the same with Mega-Blaziken, who takes Blaziken and pretty much amps it up. Landorus-T is known for Intimidate and Hazards, while also being a solid way to deal with Groudon. Landorus-I, on the other hand, just needs to be done at the same time because it's an alternate forme. Palkia is the 1-stop shop way to deal with Kyogre.

If you want to do Blaziken, you also need to do its Mega. If you want to do Landorus, you have to do both formes.

Discuss these 6 and how we can make them better. Tomorrow we will begin the submission phase. Go!

Last edited:
I was waiting for a metagame that makes all Pokemon Uber-worthy, this one is a great idea. I should be able to code this on my Github Repo also a shameless self promotion. btw, Pikachuun I'm assuming Regenerative Beam is a special type move right?

This is an interesting slate.
For Blaziken, probably going to buff its stats by a lot, and give the mega Moxie. Speed Boost up, then wreck everything with +infinity Speed and +infinity Attack.
Palkia's definitely getting a Spacial Rend buff and another good Water move.
Arceus should probably keep its stats and make it so that you don't need a Plate to change formes. Plus, all formes get different Abilities.
Landorus-I will be tough, but giving it a good Sheer Force-boosted Flying STAB and buffing its stats will probably be the way to go. Maybe give it a better primary ability? Mold Breaker, perhaps?
Landorus-T will probably get Roost and a stat buff, but that's really about all it would want.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
What's gonna be the consensus for signature moves? (Aka I REALLY want to give Lando-I Aeroblast)
I think Lando-T's gonna want Defog, too, otherwise basically everything sims just said. Maybe give Palkia Steam Eruption? Idk what we're doing for unreleased moves either.

Pikachuun

What's gonna be the consensus for signature moves? (Aka I REALLY want to give Lando-I Aeroblast)
I think Lando-T's gonna want Defog, too, otherwise basically everything sims just said. Maybe give Palkia Steam Eruption? Idk what we're doing for unreleased moves either.
Unreleased moves/abilities are released, and I actually do allow you to give signature moves if you have a good flavor-based reason for it.

if that happens give groudon and landorus-t 2k arrows and 2k waves so they can choose between having an earthquake that hits flyers and levitators or a trapping move

if that happens give groudon and landorus-t 2k arrows and 2k waves so they can choose between having an earthquake that hits flyers and levitators or a trapping move
I've got a better idea.
Give Landorus-I Waves and Landorus-T Arrows. However, only Lando-I can get Waves and only Lando-T can get Arrows. (Or maybe vice versa?)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Give Arceus-X X absorb (e.g. Arceus-Water with Water Absorb). Make Arceus forms usable in the same way Hackmons does.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Landorus should get Thousand Waves (I know it's not in the slate, but it would be kind of cute if Thundy got Bolt Strike and Torn either Oblivion Wing or Aeroblast), as it fits well imo flavor-wise (it's kind of like a sandstorm genie thing, and thousand waves sounds kind of like a sandstorm-ish attack). It should also get Roost and Defog for ultimate breaking. Maybe Air Slash too for Sheer Force abuse, although its kind of weak even with Sheer Force.

Spacial Rend could be a 70 BP move that always crits, essentially making it a 105 BP move that ignores defensive boosts. Also 100 accuracy because missing sucks. Palkia should also get some other ability, although I can't think of any at the moment.

Mega Blaziken could probably use better stats via modifying Normal Blaziken's stats. Also Baton Pass as a level-up move. I'm not sure if this is still even a problem, but I remember Baton Pass + Speed Boost being illegal somehow. If you really want to go for broke, you could give it V-Create. It would make as much sense as Rayquaza getting it (it has the weird "V" antenna thing going on, and Mega Ken has "V" hair)

Arceus needs a post for itself, but Judgement doing something depending on the plate is interesting. I also like the someone 's idea of making Arceus immune to its type while holding a plate. Would make Dragon Arceus a very interesting alternative to Fairy Arceus.

Pikachuun

Okay, now marks the submission period! Now that you've discussed your ideas for the slate, submit them! Be sure to give flavor reasons for new/old signature moves, since it's been discussed for these guys. You'll have 1-2 days (probably 2) to submit your ideas.

Go!

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone

Arceus-Normal
Normal
130 | 130 | 130 | 130 | 130 | 130 (780 BST)
Normal Absorb | Adaptability

Arceus-(Type X)
(Type X)
130 | 130 | 130 | 130 | 130 | 130 (780 BST)
(Type X) Absorb | (Type X variation of Refrigerate)

All Arceus formes are separate (They can be used without plates).

Last edited:

Normal
135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 (810 BST)
Protean
Added moves: +Nasty Plot, +Bulk Up, +Heal Bell, +Phantom Force, +Close Combat
Changed moves: Phantom and Shadow Force no longer have a charge turn or break Protect and its clones.
Changed mechanics: All Arceus formes can be used without their respective plates. They all will get different Abilities.
Normal: Protean
Fire: Flash Fire (changed to a Fire Lightning Rod)
Water: Storm Drain
Grass: Sap Sipper
Electric: Lightning Rod
Ice: Refrigerate
Fighting: Guts
Poison: Regenerator
Ground: Sand Rush
Flying: Gale Wings
Psychic: Trace
Bug: Tinted Lens
Rock: Solid Rock
Ghost: Prankster
Dragon: Defiant
Dark: Dark Aura
Steel: Iron Barbs
Fairy: Fairy Aura

Reasoning: Arceus needs unique Abilities. Its formes need independence. Solution? No more Multitype. The moves are for equality: Arceus gets SD and CM already, so why not their counterparts? Heal Bell is to be a better defensive 'mon, and Phantom Force is to justify its buff. Close Combat because Arceus needs a better physical Fighting move than Brick Break.

Blaziken
Fire | Fighting
85 | 145 | 75 | 145 | 75 | 115 (640 BST)
Competitive / Defiant / Speed Boost (HA)
Added moves: +Close Combat, +Aura Sphere, +Dark Pulse

Blaziken-Mega
Fire / Fighting
85 | 175 | 85 | 175 | 85 | 135 (740 BST; +30 Atk, +10 Def, +30 SpA, +10 Def, +20 Spe)
Speed Boost
Added moves: +Close Combat, +Aura Sphere, +Dark Pulse

Reasoning: There are three steps to M-Blaziken domination. Step 1: switch into a Defog, Intimidate, or Unnerve. Step 2: Go mega and use Protect. Step 3: sweep. CC is because no more High Jump Miss, Aura Sphere is for no more Focus Miss, and Dark Pulse is to mirror Knock Off.

Landorus-I:
Ground | Flying
99 | 155 | 110 | 135 | 90 | 121 (700 BST)
Defiant | Sheer Force (HA)
Added moves: +Hurricane, +Air Slash, +Acrobatics, +Thousand Waves, +Roost

Landorus-T:
Ground | Flying
99 | 175 | 110 | 125 | 90 | 121 (700 BST)
Intimidate | Mold Breaker (HA)
Added moves: +Hurricane, +Air Slash, +Acrobatics, +Thousand Waves, +Roost

Reasoning: There. Landorus-I finally has a Flying STAB (Two, actually.) Hurricane is for sheer power, Air Slash is for reliability. Mold Breaker is for those MB Thousand Waves on Landorus-T, while Defiant allows Landorus-I to have a physical use with that 155 base Attack. Acrobatics is a decent Flying STAB, Thousand Waves is best on Lando-T, and Roost is, well, Roost!

Palkia
Dragon | Water
120 | 150 | 120 | 170 | 120 | 130 (800 BST)
Swift Swim | Storm Force (new Ability; boosts user's Special Attack by 50% in rain) (HA)
Added moves: N/A
Changed moves: Spacial Rend: 80 BP, 100 Acc., 10 PP, always crits

Reasoning: I wanted to make best Kyogre check 2014 an even better Kyogre check. So I gave it two rain-activated Abilities. Have fun!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)