NOC Pokemon Mystery Dungeon NOCfia DX

Yesterday I found myself getting annoyed with how disorganized things were. Between work and other obligations, I really cbf pouring energy into what was starting to feel mostly like watching chickens squabbling, so apologies for being scarce.

As for where we are now, I think this is a good time to revisit Haruno's concerns w/rt the lack of any detailed NKA yesterday (1005). I gave my immediate thoughts in 1012, but having had the chance to read through again after a second flip, I don't think we let go of it just yet. Nuxl starts poking and prodding at M2H here, after commenting on the flimsy lynchpool M2H offered in 306 (me, Lrr, and Caff)--and you can see where his posts start devolving from pocketing-HnD-with-real-time-interactions to apologetically-trying-to-get-nuxl-off-his-back.

Later, in 544, Nuxl calls out M2H and Caff for not voting (mind you, at that point, Clar was the leading wagon, with 3 votes on him). What's interesting to me there is that, up until that point, both players had been going well out of their way to avoid committing to a read on Clar--the moment they're met with substantial pushback from Nuxl, they both start falling apart. For M2H, the timeline is weak nullread on Clar (532) -> Nuxl callout (544) -> CW on me (577) -> the L-1 on Clar (642). Caff's progression is almost just as jarring, going from null!Clar (533) -> lynching Clar while teasing at a mislynch (548) -> doubling down on scum!Clar (563), still teasing mislynch.

What happened there, I think, is that they had been preparing a CW for Clar sooner, but Nuxl forced their hand early--which is why you get the fumbling around between then and the selfhammer. M2H attempted to the counterwagon, but with Caff on Clar, there was no way to pull it off without all three of them looking gross. So from there I'm pretty sure someone made the executive decision to go scorched earth and just throw Clar to the curb. If you look at it from that angle, things like Caff's unlynch-relynch on Clar make a lot more sense--it gives the wagon on Clar one last chance to die down in light of his "important role", it shuffles the vote order to obscure how the wagon (which had already been called out for building up too quickly) actually developed, and it makes the "Wait, I know your role" conversation look less like theatrics and more like an actual realization. I know it's been fun treating Panic! at the Station as the main proponent for lynch, but Nuxl really was the one who got the votes going--and taking him out of the picture would serve pretty well to hide that part of this discussion.

##VOTE: CaffeineBoost

I still don't love Haruno, but I'll chalk that up to tunnel vision on my part--Caff is the most likely partner here.
Panic's an evergreen, the D1 convo with Heal & M2H doesn't happen if Heal's scum, and 425>432>440-42 doesn't happen with scum!Lrr

I've seen Fen afk his way out of a cardboard box & TBZ get himself modkilled as doctor, so I refuse to read into activity there.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
also, do we have a full list of claimed mons somewhere?

here's wut I remember off the top of my head:

me- pelipper
panic- medicham
caffbo- gengar
?lrr?- lombre
tbz- tyranitar

yeah I'm Lombre

Mega claimed Snubbull

Schiavetto do you think M2H then proceeds to attempt to death tunnel his scumbuddy on D2? I'm not going to discount this as a possibility since M2H seems like the kind of person who might come up with this stuff

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
yeah I'm Lombre

Mega claimed Snubbull

Schiavetto do you think M2H then proceeds to attempt to death tunnel his scumbuddy on D2? I'm not going to discount this as a possibility since M2H seems like the kind of person who might come up with this stuff
liking for the helpful answers, just to clarify. not sure on the caffbo point tho.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yesterday I found myself getting annoyed with how disorganized things were. Between work and other obligations, I really cbf pouring energy into what was starting to feel mostly like watching chickens squabbling, so apologies for being scarce.

As for where we are now, I think this is a good time to revisit Haruno's concerns w/rt the lack of any detailed NKA yesterday (1005). I gave my immediate thoughts in 1012, but having had the chance to read through again after a second flip, I don't think we let go of it just yet. Nuxl starts poking and prodding at M2H here, after commenting on the flimsy lynchpool M2H offered in 306 (me, Lrr, and Caff)--and you can see where his posts start devolving from pocketing-HnD-with-real-time-interactions to apologetically-trying-to-get-nuxl-off-his-back.

Later, in 544, Nuxl calls out M2H and Caff for not voting (mind you, at that point, Clar was the leading wagon, with 3 votes on him). What's interesting to me there is that, up until that point, both players had been going well out of their way to avoid committing to a read on Clar--the moment they're met with substantial pushback from Nuxl, they both start falling apart. For M2H, the timeline is weak nullread on Clar (532) -> Nuxl callout (544) -> CW on me (577) -> the L-1 on Clar (642). Caff's progression is almost just as jarring, going from null!Clar (533) -> lynching Clar while teasing at a mislynch (548) -> doubling down on scum!Clar (563), still teasing mislynch.

What happened there, I think, is that they had been preparing a CW for Clar sooner, but Nuxl forced their hand early--which is why you get the fumbling around between then and the selfhammer. M2H attempted to the counterwagon, but with Caff on Clar, there was no way to pull it off without all three of them looking gross. So from there I'm pretty sure someone made the executive decision to go scorched earth and just throw Clar to the curb. If you look at it from that angle, things like Caff's unlynch-relynch on Clar make a lot more sense--it gives the wagon on Clar one last chance to die down in light of his "important role", it shuffles the vote order to obscure how the wagon (which had already been called out for building up too quickly) actually developed, and it makes the "Wait, I know your role" conversation look less like theatrics and more like an actual realization. I know it's been fun treating Panic! at the Station as the main proponent for lynch, but Nuxl really was the one who got the votes going--and taking him out of the picture would serve pretty well to hide that part of this discussion.

##VOTE: CaffeineBoost

I still don't love Haruno, but I'll chalk that up to tunnel vision on my part--Caff is the most likely partner here.
Panic's an evergreen, the D1 convo with Heal & M2H doesn't happen if Heal's scum, and 425>432>440-42 doesn't happen with scum!Lrr

I've seen Fen afk his way out of a cardboard box & TBZ get himself modkilled as doctor, so I refuse to read into activity there.
Sure I can dig this.

Caffeine also had some very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy convenient targets N1 and the whole going all in on me post role claim doesn't help.

##unvote

##vote caffeineboost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)