Programming Pokemon Online replay player

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Errece-vs-iwashimizujg--30-marzo-2012-at-03h46
Minor error. When Gastrodon get hits with a water attack and Storm Drain activate the counter takes +2 instead of +1 so it shows x2 instead of x1.5.

Turn 5 you can see it for first time.
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Errece-vs-iwashimizujg--30-marzo-2012-at-03h46

The log shows 2 times the text, maybe there's the problem.
The foe's カイオーガ used Water Spout!
Gastrodon's Special Attack rose!
Gastrodon's Storm Drain raised its Special Attack!

Having An Error

It says when I visit the site:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DEC in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 15508

What's wrong and what should I do?

for reasons unknown, when i convert the replay, it brings me to the video page. but when i hit start or whatever, it doesnt start the replay, cant figure out y

I keep getting the error:
Error: Replay file must be an English Pokemon Online replay file.

when uploading a file, but when I upload another battle just before/after that one it uploads fine.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I don't know... my sysadmin hasn't gotten back to me. I'll spend some more time tomorrow, I think.

Yeh it is broken and this message keeps on coming up when I go to the site.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/aesoft/public_html/pokemon/replays.inc.php on line 7174

I know your busy but thought you might want to know it is still broken.

Some of my replays, which are exactly the same in every way as my other replays, are refusing to convert as I get an error message that says "Error: Replay file must be an English Pokemon Online replay file." which they definitely are...

Help?

I get the exact same Error. Although my PO File is totally legit :)

C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\Pokemon-Online Logs\Battles\KM888 vs Slugger57 test--29 mei 2012 at 20h44.html

Thats the link to it. When I try to convert other things, it simply goes, but not with the 1 freaking battle that I want to upload ;_;

Please someone help me.

EDIT: oke, the link is something to my own pc, so you're probs not gonna be able to see it xD

It is down for me as well. Hopefully they've read the repeated issues with the whole "English Language Replay" thing and have it down to fix it but that very well may not be the case.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hey, guys!

As you may know, the replay player goes down a lot, and apparently there are some compatibility issues.

The long story is, I've had a busy life as is, and the little free time I have, I work on Pokemon Showdown, and the replay player is really low on my list.

I haven't forgotten you guys, though! <3 I have a pretty major revamp planned to make it use PS's new graphics engine (which will make it look like this except without the buttons, and move it from a flatfile store to a MySQL database, which will make it make it never go down again, guaranteed!*

* not actually guaranteed, but I swear it'll fix the downtime we've had in the past.

Until then, can someone please upload a replay that gives the "not English" error message (to MediaFire or something?) Thanks.

I don't especially like the new look but that is beside the point.

Anyhow, the good news is the replay viewer as of this post is up again. The bad news is the English Language Replay issue is not resolved. If uploading to MediaFire would help to solve it sooner I'll be the one who puts in a little extra effort and does so. Here you go-

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?67pe2zzo80v52c1

I'm not super computer savvy and I'm not completely sure that I did this correctly but let me know if there is something else I can do. The log is just like any other but for whatever reason it does not convert the way the others do.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I don't especially like the new look but that is beside the point.
Tell me more. What don't you like about the new look?

Anyhow, the good news is the replay viewer as of this post is up again. The bad news is the English Language Replay issue is not resolved. If uploading to MediaFire would help to solve it sooner I'll be the one who puts in a little extra effort and does so. Here you go-

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?67pe2zzo80v52c1

I'm not super computer savvy and I'm not completely sure that I did this correctly but let me know if there is something else I can do. The log is just like any other but for whatever reason it does not convert the way the others do.
Fixed: http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Fakkes-vs--CALLOUS---2012-05-22-8

One of the regexes was acting up. I still don't know what's wrong with it, but replacing it with manual string manipulation seems to have fixed it.

Tell me more. What don't you like about the new look?

Fixed: http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Fakkes-vs--CALLOUS---2012-05-22-8

One of the regexes was acting up. I still don't know what's wrong with it, but replacing it with manual string manipulation seems to have fixed it.

Part 1-

I'm not much for backgrounds. I'd like the option to just leave it plain. It's just a style preference really. As long as it functions as its supposed to and isn't down all the time I'm in no position to be picky.

Part 2-

Thanks very much for fixing it. It seems to be resolved for me as well. Much appreciated. :)

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I was going to make a long post about how my Jellicent had 352% HP in a replay, but I read the past few pages of the thread and found several posts detailing the same sorts of glitches, as well as this
http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?11180-Replay-format-bugs

For what it's worth, I am on the newest version of PO (1.0.53, not the S version from Smogon but I'm under the impression that nothing was added except the VGC timer), and the logs I have all say log format version 2.0 in the HTML. This is the first replay where I've ever seen this, so I wonder what was missing from my other replays that caused it to never crop up! Looks like PO has not yet changed the number to 3.0, despite what it said in that thread >_> Sure enough, if I fished the log's HTML, I could easily find this:
Code:
<div class="Weather">
<span style='color:#b8a038'>Priestess is buffeted by the sandstorm!</span></div><br /> 
<!--Priestess's new HP is 376%.--> 
<div class="ItemMessage">Priestess restored a little HP using its Leftovers!</div><br /> 
<!--Priestess's new HP is 401%.-->
I'll just say that I wish my jellicent had 376% HP! Perhaps put this in the OP's FAQ? Seems easier than having a whole bunch of people like me thinking the issue is new and unrecognized. I could think of a manual fix (find all the "percentages" that are messed up by determining when your mons' HP change, and manually correct the HTML to display the right numbers) but it seems like a waste of time to implement and if I really wanted to fix my logs I could write the code myself. Anyway it seems pretty clear to me that this problem is with PO, not the replay viewer.

PS: some thoughts on what particular situations are causing this error, since I'm bored and wanted to dissect the battle.

My Tyranitar, his Scizor and his Jirachi did not trigger the glitch for the first 2 turns, but my Jellicent triggered it as soon as it took damage (from sand). For a while my friend and I shuffle around our mons, Jellicent's HP is still crazy. As my Ttar comes in, it takes no damage - immune to sand and he doesn't attack it. His Gyara comes in and does take sand damage, but nothing goes haywire in the replay so now I'm kind of thrown off - I thought that whenever a mon takes damage its HP goes weird. I implode the Gyarados with a Stone Edge from Donphan and both our HP records continue to behave as normal. His Starmie comes in, takes sand damage but its HP continues to behave properly.

That's when my Donphan gets touched by Starmie's rapid spin (takes about as much damage as if brushed by a gentle breeze), and immediately from then on out Donphan's HP is messed up, even after leftovers recovery and so on. Same as Jellicent, it seems! We follow with several turns of Latias v Ttar pursuit stall. His Latias's HP remains normal as I pursuit him and as it takes sand damage, and he's forced to spam recover with the occasional CM sneaking in. But as soon as he gets a window of opportunity and uses dragon pulse, my ttar takes damage for the first time and its HP goes crazy as well, and it stays that way while my ttar is in, messing up leftovers recovery etc etc. Eventually I wipe the Latias and, after some more shuffling, my Jellicent returns. Here's where it gets interesting.

At turn 25, after my Tyranitar gets destroyed by Superpower, my Jellicent comes in to wall the Scizor. As it enters, PO correctly reports that jelly has 46% HP. But as soon as I use recover, it goes crazy again. So clearly not only damage affects the craziness.

I thought I was onto something so I checked some old logs from other battles, and the same behavior appeared. So here's my hypothesis: whenever your pokemon undergo HP changes (whether increase or decrease), the log messes up, and it seems to continue messing up that pokemon's HP as long as the mon stays in. Once the mon switches out, it seems to "un-crazy" the affected mon's HP, and it calculates it correctly as the mon re-enters. But as soon as its HP changes again, the problem returns. Your opponent's mons are not affected by any crazy glitching business and are always calculated correctly, from what I see. Whether their HP goes up or down, the percentages remain accurate. Only your own mons are affected.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I was going to make a long post about how my Jellicent had 352% HP in a replay, but I read the past few pages of the thread and found several posts detailing the same sorts of glitches, as well as this
http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?11180-Replay-format-bugs

For what it's worth, I am on the newest version of PO (1.0.53, not the S version from Smogon but I'm under the impression that nothing was added except the VGC timer), and the logs I have all say log format version 2.0 in the HTML. This is the first replay where I've ever seen this, so I wonder what was missing from my other replays that caused it to never crop up! Looks like PO has not yet changed the number to 3.0, despite what it said in that thread >_> Sure enough, if I fished the log's HTML, I could easily find this:
Code:
<div class="Weather">
<span style='color:#b8a038'>Priestess is buffeted by the sandstorm!</span></div><br /> 
<!--Priestess's new HP is 376%.--> 
<div class="ItemMessage">Priestess restored a little HP using its Leftovers!</div><br /> 
<!--Priestess's new HP is 401%.-->
I'll just say that I wish my jellicent had 376% HP! Perhaps put this in the OP's FAQ? Seems easier than having a whole bunch of people like me thinking the issue is new and unrecognized. I could think of a manual fix (find all the "percentages" that are messed up by determining when your mons' HP change, and manually correct the HTML to display the right numbers) but it seems like a waste of time to implement and if I really wanted to fix my logs I could write the code myself. Anyway it seems pretty clear to me that this problem is with PO, not the replay viewer.
Man, there's a long story behind this.

Six months ago, PO came out with log version 2.0, which had this annoying bug. I yelled at them (you found the thread in which I do so!) they said they fixed it, and in the meantime I ignored the HP values PO gave me. Without explicit HP values, the replayer will just guess HP values (which is what it's been doing for the past 6 months). It's actually a pretty sophisticated guesser (it even tracks what turn of Toxic you're in so it knows how much poison damage to guess), but it can get thrown off by calculations that require knowing another pokemon's max HP like Wishpassing/recoil/draining/pain-split, or by Illusion SR damage, or by low-HP cases like LC (where rounding down actually noticeably changes the percentage).

Today, while fixing some other bugs, I decided to stop ignoring HP values for log versions 1.0 and 3.0, but a typo accidentally made it stop ignoring HP values for 2.0 as well (that's why you only started seeing this problem today). I've fixed it, so it's all good.

In conclusion: It was only a problem for six-hours, it's true that it's a PO bug but that's why I ignore PO when I know it's wrong. :P

PS: some thoughts on what particular situations are causing this error, since I'm bored and wanted to dissect the battle.

My Tyranitar, his Scizor and his Jirachi did not trigger the glitch for the first 2 turns, but my Jellicent triggered it as soon as it took damage (from sand). For a while my friend and I shuffle around our mons, Jellicent's HP is still crazy. As my Ttar comes in, it takes no damage - immune to sand and he doesn't attack it. His Gyara comes in and does take sand damage, but nothing goes haywire in the replay so now I'm kind of thrown off - I thought that whenever a mon takes damage its HP goes weird. I implode the Gyarados with a Stone Edge from Donphan and both our HP records continue to behave as normal. His Starmie comes in, takes sand damage but its HP continues to behave properly.

That's when my Donphan gets touched by Starmie's rapid spin (takes about as much damage as if brushed by a gentle breeze), and immediately from then on out Donphan's HP is messed up, even after leftovers recovery and so on. Same as Jellicent, it seems! We follow with several turns of Latias v Ttar pursuit stall. His Latias's HP remains normal as I pursuit him and as it takes sand damage, and he's forced to spam recover with the occasional CM sneaking in. But as soon as he gets a window of opportunity and uses dragon pulse, my ttar takes damage for the first time and its HP goes crazy as well, and it stays that way while my ttar is in, messing up leftovers recovery etc etc. Eventually I wipe the Latias and, after some more shuffling, my Jellicent returns. Here's where it gets interesting.

At turn 25, after my Tyranitar gets destroyed by Superpower, my Jellicent comes in to wall the Scizor. As it enters, PO correctly reports that jelly has 46% HP. But as soon as I use recover, it goes crazy again. So clearly not only damage affects the craziness.

I thought I was onto something so I checked some old logs from other battles, and the same behavior appeared. So here's my hypothesis: whenever your pokemon undergo HP changes (whether increase or decrease), the log messes up, and it seems to continue messing up that pokemon's HP as long as the mon stays in. Once the mon switches out, it seems to "un-crazy" the affected mon's HP, and it calculates it correctly as the mon re-enters. But as soon as its HP changes again, the problem returns. Your opponent's mons are not affected by any crazy glitching business and are always calculated correctly, from what I see. Whether their HP goes up or down, the percentages remain accurate. Only your own mons are affected.
You're pretty close. PO's log version 2.0 mistakenly reports HP percentage as the HP number only for your own pokemon when changing HP. Your opponent's pokemon and switch-ins for either side still report HP correctly, so those have never been ignored by the replay viewer.

I've been wondering this for awhile and I've skimmed the thread and couldn't find an answer so I'll just ask it.

Is it possible for the replay player to replay PS! replays, and if so how?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I've been wondering this for awhile and I've skimmed the thread and couldn't find an answer so I'll just ask it.

Is it possible for the replay player to replay PS! replays, and if so how?
I should probably add this to the FAQ somewhere.

PS replays currently can't be saved, because I don't want the entire world to know how buggy PS is. :|

In other words, the moment I show PS replays is the moment I think PS is good enough that I feel safe keeping replays somewhere permanent. :P

i came across one error.
link to battle is:http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Aro...-CocoGlasses-1

in this battle,when machamp hits arron with dynamic punch and looses hp to hang on with sturdy.it Endeavor machamp.then log shows it recovered hp due to shell bell,but hp bar of aron remains at 1 hp only.this happens again when aron Endeavor dragonites and recovers hp due to shell bell.i think bug is with shell bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)