Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

She's basically just a "normal" streamer but she has the aesthetics of a vtuber

it's fun

I want to know if a communication break down happened with the western side of things, though. Presenting this as a normal trailer drop was only done like that here, where as japan always had it as a streamer thing. And it seems clear this is meant to be akin to the wiglett and grafaiai stuff of "tease a pokemon, then reveal it later"

By the way the trailer speaks, I assume she's meant to be a streamer and not really a vtuber. So very likely we'd meet her directly.

I don't mind it per se, I think it's fine considering how important streamers are nowadays (and how impactful vtubers are in japan anyway).
I just have a personal crusade against Vtubers :zonger:
The website outright says she's "an influencer, streamer, and Gym Leader who specializes in Electric-type Pokémon."

Between that, the vtuber look, and even the English trailer using the ear-splitting Japanese voice, I think I've found my new least-favorite Pokemon character.

I want to know if a communication break down happened with the western side of things, though. Presenting this as a normal trailer drop was only done like that here, where as japan always had it as a streamer thing. And it seems clear this is meant to be akin to the wiglett and grafaiai stuff of "tease a pokemon, then reveal it later"
I think that's intentional, mainly cause organizing this kind of event internationally is a huge mess...

Also that kind of ""talk show + presentation"" isnt even remotely popular in the west so I doubt there'd be much interest either.
I see Atlus do these often where they have a bunch of people, sometimes even dressed as the game char, play the soon-to-be-released game (horribly, generally on minimum difficulty and overleveled party), constantly yelling and pretending they don't know what's coming or taking a hour to do any move, I just find these things atrociously cringe and have a very rough time watching them for more than 5 seconds, even when they have a translation going on.

She's basically just a "normal" streamer but she has the aesthetics of a vtuber

it's fun

Yeah I was pondering the latter too as it came off like we were going to get another info dump trailer. Dropped the ball on that one.

Between that, the vtuber look, and even the English trailer using the ear-splitting Japanese voice, I think I've found my new least-favorite Pokemon character.
WolfieVGC's reaction stream was mostly being at a loss of words. There were minutes of silence when the reveal trailer ended.

I feel the same way.
Hey at least I see I'm not alone in this :tymp:

Idk it just feels... out of place. As I stated above, I can understand wanting to include a streamer or e-personality in the games, after all they are part of modern culture, and even Galar had Raihan who is pretty much a influencer or a tiktoker, but his personality was interesting even in the cringe moment.

This presentation was just... bad. Not even a GF apologist like me can defend it.

Edit: Hey let's be positive though, for first time, the game not having voice acting will be a bless, we won't have to hear that atrocity.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Hey at least I see I'm not alone in this :tymp:

Idk it just feels... out of place. As I stated above, I can understand wanting to include a streamer or e-personality in the games, after all they are part of modern culture, and even Galar had Raihan who is pretty much a influencer or a tiktoker, but his personality was interesting even in the cringe moment.

This presentation was just... bad. Not even a GF apologist like me can defend it.
Judging by reaction in this thread, maybe this should’ve been kept in Japan because it’s pretty on-par with any sort of variety show here in terms of, um, genki-ness. Or maybe they should’ve just advertised it here as a teaser/leader reveal and not a normal trailer lol

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
So it's a fucking VTuber, with my two favorite colors in her hair, and leading my favorite type, huh.

Yo fuck you all she's mine. Don't you dare breathe her air.

I'll shoot.

People are like "wtf we didn't get this and that", I don't care what you didn't have. I've found God.

Jokes aside, I don't find it cringe. Way less cringe than what Pokémon has sometimes done before. If anything, it's a good step in showing that Gym Leaders can have true personnality without counting the anime.
I think the problem me (and some others) have isn't with the char itself, just the way the presentation was done.

I guess it's just a matter of taste, as I said I have a personal gripe with Vtubers and find almost all of them cringe, and the hypered japanese voice isn't helping making me like this one.
Hopefully her in-game version is more interesting than <cute hyperactive anime girl number 526>, cause that's what she looks like to me right now.

I've seen far cringier, if anything this feels toned down from how some variety shows work. Oh POkemon Sunday, you are....so much, all the time.
If they're anywhere close to what I mentioned above about Atlus, I feel your pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)