Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mean Look doesn't work, it doesn't trap the opposing Pokemon, I've used it twice and once has been used on me, I was able to switch and he was too (my mismagious would have loves to set up on a -4 parlkia but couldn't trap him with mean look)

I don't know how this started or why it is happening but every time I try to challenge someone or receive a challenge this pops up:

I can't accept or reject, or remove it in any other way. It's quite frustrating not being able to battle anyone.

Turn 7

[DEBUG] Forcing into Outrage.
Ferrothorn used Protect!
Ferrothorn protected itself!
The foe's Kingdra used Outrage!
Ferrothorn protected itself from the attack!
The foe's Kingdra lost some HP because of Iron Barbs!
The foe's Kingdra fainted!

Turn 8

Airblast joined.
Gabrieltz left.
Mike: hi
Mike called Ferrothorn back!
Mike sent out Gliscor!
The foe's Raikou used Aura Sphere!
It's not very effective... Gliscor lost 18% of its health!
Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
Gliscor was badly poisoned!

then he took his place in the battle...

Here's another bug I found recently

Turn 14

Shelgon used Outrage!
[DEBUG] LO boost.
The foe's Walrein lost 90% of its health!
Shelgon is hurt by its life orb!
The foe's Walrein fainted!
-CF- sent out Shaymin!

Turn 15

The foe's Shaymin used Protect!
The foe's Shaymin protected itself!
Shelgon used Outrage!
The foe's Shaymin protected itself from the attack!

Turn 16

The foe's Shaymin used Protect!
The foe's Shaymin protected itself!
Shelgon used Outrage!
The foe's Shaymin protected itself from the attack!

Turn 17

Shelgon used Outrage!
[DEBUG] LO boost.
The foe's Shaymin lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Shaymin fainted!
-CF- sent out Cherrim!

Turn 18

Shelgon used Outrage!
[DEBUG] LO boost.
The foe's Cherrim lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Cherrim fainted!
Shelgon calmed down!
Shelgon became confused!

-CF- sent out Dusknoir!
Shelgon was forced to use Outrage even after Shaymin successfully Protected

It wasn't until the third successful Outrage that Shelgon became confused, so that's working fine

By the way, are Random Battle pokémon supposed to have ANY non-offensive moves (Other than Trick/Switcheroo/etc.) while holding a Choice item? In the very same battle as the one I got that 'Outrage bug' my team had a Choice Band Mienshao with Baton Pass =/

Pressure doesn't work, my Qwilfish Waterfalled against a Deoxys-D twice and had 22/24 PP left.

Randbat mons iirc can have that, iirc the algorithm is something like if you have Trick you get a choice item

EDIT: Update on the pressure thing:

http://pastebin.com/n0TMHY3F

Seismic Toss could be used 17 times on Deoxys-D. Buggy confirmed?

edit: P.S. Ignore the initial [DEBUG] message of hacking detected, I was testing out something earlier.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
By the way, are Random Battle pokémon supposed to have ANY non-offensive moves (Other than Trick/Switcheroo/etc.) while holding a Choice item? In the very same battle as the one I got that 'Outrage bug' my team had a Choice Band Mienshao with Baton Pass =/
The entire set generator is pretty complicated, so I'm not completely sure if I remember all the corner cases, but situations in which a Choice item will be generated:

- 0 non-attacking moves, no Fake Out, no Sucker Punch
- Imposter
- Trick, Switcheroo (as long as it's one of the moves, it's okay)
- Eruption, Water Spout

Turn 8

Airblast joined.
Gabrieltz left.
Mike: hi
Mike called Ferrothorn back!
Mike sent out Gliscor!
The foe's Raikou used Aura Sphere!
It's not very effective... Gliscor lost 18% of its health!
Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
Gliscor was badly poisoned!

then he took his place in the battle...
Whether or not this is desirable, this is currently intended. It's not allowed in ladder matches, of course, but it's allowed in other matches as a holdover from back when PS was basically a "hot seat" game.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Baton Pass is really not a bad move on a CBer, as it provides the U-turn / Volt Switch advantage. j/s

Lyto

Experience Tranquility
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The binding band doesn't appear to increase the residual damage of wrap (it was on a gimmicky set) as it still does 6% at the end of each turn.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Aeo, I found a glitch on Outrage. One time it locked me into Outrage for 4 turns instead of 3.
Did you use Protect during Outrage?

No one's managed to give me a definitive answer on what's supposed to happen when you use Protect during Outrage, so it currently just resets the Outrage counter.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No one's managed to give me a definitive answer on what's supposed to happen when you use Protect during Outrage, so it currently just resets the Outrage counter.
When you use Protect during Outrage, one of two things can happens. First of all, when you use Protect, the game still registers if it is a two or three turn Outrage, even though there cannot be a third turn. If the Outrage is a two turn Outrage, then Protect will block the damage and confusion will happen at the end of the turn. If it is a three turn Outrage, then Protect stops the Outrage but does not cause confusion. Hope this helps.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
When you use Protect during Outrage, one of two things can happens. First of all, when you use Protect, the game still registers if it is a two or three turn Outrage, even though there cannot be a third turn. If the Outrage is a two turn Outrage, then Protect will block the damage and confusion will happen at the end of the turn. If it is a three turn Outrage, then Protect stops the Outrage but does not cause confusion. Hope this helps.
actually what happens iirc is that the outrage stops automatically and the user never gets confused...
See what I mean? No one can agree on what happens.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
See what I mean? No one can agree on what happens.
Here's a definitive answer from someone who knows the game inside and out:

is basically correct. If you use Protect to block Outrage on the turn it is supposed to end, the Outrage user will become confused. It will not become confused otherwise, and the Outrage ends.

Golduck used Calm Mind!
Golduck's Special Attack rose!
Golduck's Special Defense rose!
The foe's Sunflora used Sunny Day!
The sunlight turned harsh!
The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Sunflora lost some HP because of Solar Power!
Turn 15
[DEBUG] ModifyMove handler suppressed by Air Lock.
Golduck used Ice Beam!
[DEBUG] Immunity handler suppressed by Air Lock.
[DEBUG] BasePower handler suppressed by Air Lock.
It's super-effective! The foe's Sunflora lost 45% of its health!
The foe's Sunflora fainted!
The sunlight is strong!
Hawntah: >.>
Fyn: ...I have Cloud Nine.
Fyn: WHy did Solar Power hurt you?
Hawntah: oh right

Solar Power shouldn't take damage when Cloud Nine is suppressing the sun.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but poison heal gliscor can have stealth rock as part of its move set.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rapid Spin did 0 damage in a Little Cup battle. It also did not break a Magnemite's Air Balloon.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
"
football>soccer called Scizor back!
football>soccer sent out Salamence!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Salamence!
Pwnemon called Shuriken back!
Pwnemon sent out Friskars (Scizor)!
The foe's Salamence intimidates Friskars!
Friskars's Attack fell!"

intimidate should have worked on Starmie instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)