Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
On other news I did get the level 100 mega candy but I shamelessly cashed in a lot of items including C-1 because the first two runs were too annoying. After that I made two test runs against mega blaziken to get my hand ready for timed stages, then went all in and barely scored around 44k points. A shame since after all those items I was expecting to get at least 50k meh but that placed me among the first 700 of the ranking so hopefully it's enough for another mega candy as well.

Pro-Tip: You can actually beat level 100 with Atk+ instead of C-1 but you need the DD otherwise it'll be hell.

Last edited:
I finally reached level 50 of Cresselia's stage, but darn I can't beat it. Is it possible w/o items? And what team is recommended?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I finally reached level 50 of Cresselia's stage, but darn I can't beat it. Is it possible w/o items? And what team is recommended?
I only needed two tries without items not too hard really. I used a team of M-Heracross / Genesect / Giratina / Avalugg. Focus on activating your abilities as often as possible and try to match the avaluggs when there's one trapped in the ice that you can free that way you'll be destroying at least two barriers at the cost of not dealing much damage that turn but not as few as when adding Cress to your team nor the chance to fail when making matches of 3.

I only needed two tries without items not too hard really. I used a team of M-Heracross / Genesect / Giratina / Avalugg. Focus on activating your abilities as often as possible and try to match the avaluggs when there's one trapped in the ice that you can free that way you'll be destroying at least two barriers at the cost of not dealing much damage that turn but not as few as when adding Cress to your team nor the chance to fail when making matches of 3.
Oh lol, my team is completely different. Mine is Mega Gengar, Giratina, Yveltal and Scizor. I'm going to try your team out soon. Thank you for the advice.

Just beat level 63 (yah I have no life lol) The levels are very easy right now, perhaps the next spike should come around level 70?
From memory, I think around 75 you get 2 initial disruptions. And 95-99 you get 3.
Neither of these is consistently a problem against a "4 SE base 70+ pokemon with Gengar" team, but you can get unlucky and have 5 or 6 blocks frozen on the top row, which can mean a loss if you don't combo-out later on.

I'd recommend Absol after 50, because although the disruptions are minor and random, they can be devastating (the "freeze row X" especially).

Up to 100 is okay in general, I had no problems other than a few really stupid losses which were likely more about sub-optimal play rather than actually getting bad luck. There's no big moment when I was like "wow, now this is actually really hard".
I'm approaching 80. There's no spike, but Cresselia eventually starts off doing two different disruptions instead of just one. Everything else remains the same.

Solosis kicks in permanently at 160, eh? Well, now I know I'll definitely be able to hit 200. If 1-159 can be done itemless, even if I do Moves+5 AND DD for the last 40 I'll still have about 10k coins left.
Everyone is saying you'll need attack+ to consistently do enough damage past 160.

I think 200 is certainly possible. It's just going to cost a lot coins and a huge number of hearts (to both do the levels and farm the coins). I imagine lv. 200 itself will also likely be an all-items affair.

I'm not going to go for it; I don't have enough time to get much more than ~14 hearts a day and due to the relentless nature of content being released, I'd rather just farm coins and get some S-ranks in.

I'm currently at stage 149, still itemless. I will definitely know very early tomorrow what I'm in for, but I've come this far; I don't intend to leave empty-handed. Currently sitting on 90k coins, with 10 days remaining to farm up 90k more, not including the 5500 coins total from the Check-Ins and the potential coins from two Weekend Meowths, nor including the 30 coins from each level's completion or the bonus coin levels at 160 and 180.

On other news I did get the level 100 mega candy but I shamelessly cashed in a lot of items including C-1 because the first two runs were too annoying. After that I made two test runs against mega blaziken to get my hand ready for timed stages, then went all in and barely scored around 44k points. A shame since after all those items I was expecting to get at least 50k meh but that placed me among the first 700 of the ranking so hopefully it's enough for another mega candy as well.

Pro-Tip: You can actually beat level 100 with Atk+ instead of C-1 but you need the DD otherwise it'll be hell.
Ahaha I use the same thing than you ...C-1 because the freeze was so .... And I finally get level 100 ! DAMMMMN ! xD
Back to some Meowth Farm then Blazikenite, you will be mine

I'm at 171 and counting. I knew I'd be all-in since I came so far in the first place. To give you guys an idea of post-160 life, it's pretty much the same as pre-160 with little Solosis sprinkled in. However, the change up on the disruptions is as follows. The initial disruption fires off three random effects, up from two. The next major disruption (after 9 uninterrupted turns have passed) now fires off four random effects, up from three. The presence of the Solosis seriously hurts the comboability that could save your life in earlier levels, and the increase in disruption effects on the starting one and the major one in the middle make this a trial that demands items. Early on, it is possible to do DD and Moves+5, but it's inconsistent and you'll ultimately be cutting it close. DD + Attack Up is pretty much a guaranteed win as far as my experiences are concerned. You can finish anywhere between 0 and 8 moves, but so long as you aren't making terrible choices you will finish in time.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh lol, my team is completely different. Mine is Mega Gengar, Giratina, Yveltal and Scizor. I'm going to try your team out soon. Thank you for the advice.
I achieved it with Mega Gengar (max), Giratina (7), Yveltal (8) and Heracross (9). Pretty much the same as your team but Crowd Control >>> Swarm. First go too, alas with 0 turns left.

Currently on level 100. After two tries with this team, and both Giratina and Yveltal advancing a level, I couldn't even take away half of Cresselia's health :( So far that's the only level I've found majorly difficult. Heck I've been including Tyranitar and/or Aurous on most of my Cress teams because I could get away with it and to get the (slight) EXP that would be handy for Blaziken. Going to leave Cress for later - got the coins and free DD, now time to do Blaziken before time runs out.

Currently on 12100, itemless run with Mega Gengar (max), Groudon (8), Tyranitar (6) and Aurous (6) (Ninetales is also 6). Ranked about 13,000 :( Will EXP grind the team with Victini before trying again.

From memory, I think around 75 you get 2 initial disruptions. And 95-99 you get 3.
3 disruptions start at 97. That's when I could no longer get away with using Tyranitar/Aurous on my team, and needed a full SE team. That was my first loss the entire run. Also level 95 is a coin level.

Btw I've been using Mega Banette for almost every level except 50 and 100. Could get away with it on those levels for the EXP (it's slight but better than nothing), and it's Mega ability is really good for comboing when paired with Giratina since Mega Banette doesn't get reformed and you pretty much clear the stage of Giratina, which I find to be a superior mini-complexity to Mega Gengar's. However on 50, you really need Mega Gengar's fast Mega evolution time.

Screw it, I just used some power ups to get through level 50. Not going to bother climbing up all the way to 100. It's time for Blazikenite now.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Screw it, I just used some power ups to get through level 50. Not going to bother climbing up all the way to 100. It's time for Blazikenite now.
You'll have time after Blaziken if you change your mind.

Level 100 50 is quite doable. Level 51 - 99 are all easier than level 50. 55, 75 and 95 are also like regular Meowth stages but with many more coins. Level 100 is a bitch though, but it's only one level that requires power ups.

Last edited:
You'll have time after Blaziken if you change your mind.

Level 100 is quite doable. Level 51 - 99 are all easier than level 50. 55, 75 and 95 are also like regular Meowth stages but with many more coins. Level 100 is a bitch though, but it's only one level that requires power ups.
Oh, that doesn't sound too bad actually. What will I get when I clear level 100? Mega Speedup?

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol getting to level 100 will take some time for me with Cress. Been saving coins for a Mega Blaziken attempt and trying to get my mons to level 10 for it so I'm only at 11 w/ Cress. Still gonna try tho once I get my mons to level 10 and go for Blaziken.

Darkmalice

Level 3
Oh, that doesn't sound too bad actually. What will I get when I clear level 100? Mega Speedup?
Yes a second Mega Speed Up. Worth it since that's so rare, and it's a permanent benefit.

I made an error in my previous statement - level 50 is quite doable, even itemless. Not Level 100. That level is a bitch that mandates items, but you should earn enough coins from level 51 - 99 to buy a DD + Attack Power for it or at least close to it. I've heard DD + Attack Power is enough to get through it, but I can't confirm from my own experience since I'm holding off that level for now.

Yes a second Mega Speed Up. Worth it since that's so rare, and it's a permanent benefit.

I made an error in my previous statement - level 50 is quite doable, even itemless. Not Level 100. That level is a bitch that mandates items, but you should earn enough coins from level 51 - 99 to buy a DD + Attack Power for it or at least close to it. I've heard DD + Attack Power is enough to get through it, but I can't confirm from my own experience since I'm holding off that level for now.
Yeah, I've been playing today and I'm at 75 right now. Indeed by far not as hard as 50. I'm definitely going for 100.

By the way, I still have all my Mega Speedup items left. Which Pokemon should I use them on?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I've been playing today and I'm at 75 right now. Indeed by far not as hard as 50. I'm definitely going for 100.

By the way, I still have all my Mega Speedup items left. Which Pokemon should I use them on?
Gengar's a good candidate, that 1-icon boost could mean having him ready 1 turn earlier so more combos. The rest could go into Banette if you have it (insane weekend meowths), or you could give them to heracross because it has a rather nice typing over the other top tier megas and could use a little boost.

You can also refer to this table to see how many candies is it worth spending on each mega.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/39kfhg/mega_speedup_combos_gain_table/

Gengar's a good candidate, that 1-icon boost could mean having him ready 1 turn earlier so more combos. The rest could go into Banette if you have it (insane weekend meowths), or you could give them to heracross because it has a rather nice typing over the other top tier megas and could use a little boost.

You can also refer to this table to see how many candies is it worth spending on each mega.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/39kfhg/mega_speedup_combos_gain_table/
Will it have any effect if I use multiple Mega Speedups on a single Pokemon? I'd like to see Gengar mega evolve in just one match, lol.

Darkmalice

Level 3
I gave one to Mega Gengar, being the best Mega in the game.

I gave the rest to Mega Lucario. My reasoning was that was likely to be using Mega Lucario frequently. This is because of its great typing (5x super-effective, including only type SE against normal) and power, currently being the only Mega Fighting type and the only other likely Mega fighting I am guessing will only have 60 base power, Medicham, (I am guessing Mega Gallade will be Psychic).

Reasoning that I thought of later was that it's ability is also great for clearing disruptions. What I didn't realise before was that its ability is terrible for comboing.

Blaziken could be a good candidate, as being able to Mega after three 3 matches is amazing, particularly after only 3 Mega Seed Ups, and its typing and power are also great and warrant frequent use for it. It would in part depend what it's ability is like in practice though, and there is potential future competition from Mega Charizard (both forms), Camerupt and Houndoom.

You could also wait for Mega Tyranitar, as it has amazing power and typing.

I'm against Mega Bannette as it seems counter-productive to invest 8 Mega Speed-Ups (a lot) when we have Mega Gengar available who is usually better for cleaning non-Mewoth stages particularly when Mega evolving is difficult.

I'm currently ranked 677 for Blazikenite, should be enough to get the Blazikenite and the mega speedup

And all the talk about Mega Speed Up and the stats ... Well, I still can't chose

I'm currently ranked 677 for Blazikenite, should be enough to get the Blazikenite and the mega speedup

And all the talk about Mega Speed Up and the stats ... Well, I still can't chose
Holy shet, 677. I couldn't get into the top 16000, so I just bought every power up to be sure and I tried as hard as I could. I ranked 2955. How the heck did you rank 677?

I did a full item run with C-1 / Disruption Delay / Power +
And Mega Aero lvl 8 + Tyranitar lvl 7 + Groudon MAX + Aurorus lvl 9 ... And I first ranked 463 yesterday night :)

I did a full item run with C-1 / Disruption Delay / Power +
And Mega Aero lvl 8 + Tyranitar lvl 7 + Groudon MAX + Aurorus lvl 9 ... And I first ranked 463 yesterday night :)
Hmm yeah, maybe it's my team that sucks. Mega Blastoise (level 4), Tyranitar (level 3), Groudon (level 7), Aurorus (level 3).

Edit: And maybe I'm just bad at these speedcore levels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)