Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
But the Lucario stage isn't over until a week, isn't it a better idea to wait until the last couple days to do that?
Eh, probably. I tried the stage out beforehand and saw it was pretty easy, so I figured I'd go ahead and give it a shot for the highest score. If I'm at risk of missing out in the rankings later on, I'll give it another go then.

Eh, probably. I tried the stage out beforehand and saw it was pretty easy, so I figured I'd go ahead and give it a shot for the highest score. If I'm at risk of missing out in the rankings later on, I'll give it another go then.
I will say, you're probably a pretty safe position if you used items. If the sub-reddit is any indication, most people with the stone already are just getting the consolation Jewel: some are actually competing to get the lowest score possible.

Most people with the stone already prefer the single free jewel to having to invest coins for a 2nd, especially with the Blaziken Mega Competition coming up immediately after.

I will say, you're probably a pretty safe position if you used items. If the sub-reddit is any indication, most people with the stone already are just getting the consolation Jewel: some are actually competing to get the lowest score possible.

Most people with the stone already prefer the single free jewel to having to invest coins for a 2nd, especially with the Blaziken Mega Competition coming up immediately after.
I didn't use any items and I just placed at rank #1102.

Also, about that Arceus technique you talked about earlier, what team did you use/would you recommend to beat in in FIVE moves? I'm using Lucario-M, Conk, Throh and Mienshao with DD, and I'm still barely beating it, let alone catching it.

I didn't use any items and I just placed at rank #1102.

Also, about that Arceus technique you talked about earlier, what team did you use/would you recommend to beat in in FIVE moves? I'm using Lucario-M, Conk, Throh and Mienshao with DD, and I'm still barely beating it, let alone catching it.
I should note that I'd seen it beaten in that few moves, not that it happened consistently.

The two most important items are Disruption Delay and Attack Power +, since doubling your damage cuts the number of turns needed in half.

Mega Lucario is better at clearing disruptions than comboing. If you want to pull it off, I recommend Gengar-M, Lucario, Conk, Mienshao. Without the Disruptions, gengar is more likely to open up combos, which makes him a strong Mega choice in spite of being NVE.

chuckaboomboom

I believe I can HM02
I have a question about the Arceus stage. Is it worth the trouble and coins to catch it?

The Arceus' typing is normal, meaning no type advantages. Unless it has an absurd base power or a great ability, I'm probably never going to use it if i catch it. To catch Arceus, I'll probably spend at least 10 000 coins on boosts + Great Balls. For those of you that have already caught Arceus, is it worth it for me to try and catch it?

EDIT: After playing this game for months, i just learned that I can farm coins on the Meowth stage. So far, I've kept up my coin stockade because of careful spending and Sunday Meowth stages. I should be able to easily farm enough coins for the Arceus stage.

Last edited:
I have a question about the Arceus stage. Is it worth the trouble and coins to catch it?

The Arceus' typing is normal, meaning no type advantages. Unless it has an absurd base power or a great ability, I'm probably never going to use it if i catch it. To catch Arceus, I'll probably spend at least 10 000 coins on boosts + Great Balls. For those of you that have already caught Arceus, is it worth it for me to try and catch it?

EDIT: After playing this game for months, i just learned that I can farm coins on the Meowth stage. So far, I've kept up my coin stockade because of careful spending and Sunday Meowth stages. I should be able to easily farm enough coins for the Arceus stage.
Admittedly not much unless you value his Base 90 Power and Double Normal ability. I just caught him for a shortage of stuff to do and my completionist tendencies.

Arceus has a lot of potential, especially as more powerful Normals come out of the woodworks (we already have a couple 70+ Normals to benefit from his effect). Double Normal procs about as often as Sinister Power from what I've heard, but the multiplier for the damage is 2.5x to Sinister's 1.5x. This means that in a timed stage that has an SE team but no 1.5x damage-boosting abilities that persist throughout an entire combo like, say... on a Fire Type like the M-Blaziken competition coming up next week, a Double Normal team has an edge over an SE team (even one with a 1.2x damage-boosting ability) if you're confident that you can keep the combo going with Double Normal in effect.

Of course, Arceus's effect is still mediocre in move-based stages. But in timed stages against Fire, Water, Fairy, Electric, Flying, Bug, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison, and Ground... you might find yourself with a force to be reckoned with. Regigigas and Slaking are still somewhere out there, biding their time... somehow I failed to see the irony as I typed that last sentence.

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
How is everyone doing with Mega Heracross? I can get him down to half, even with Salamence, Mega Aerodactyl, and Ninetails, and Aurorus. (All level 5 except mence) Kinda reminds me of Mewtwo, do you think we have to decrease the complexity again to get rid of Illumise? Kind of annoying and I truly don't want to spend gems on with the little money I have.

chuckaboomboom

I believe I can HM02
How is everyone doing with Mega Heracross? I can get him down to half, even with Salamence, Mega Aerodactyl, and Ninetails, and Aurorus. (All level 5 except mence) Kinda reminds me of Mewtwo, do you think we have to decrease the complexity again to get rid of Illumise? Kind of annoying and I truly don't want to spend gems on with the little money I have.
Mega Aerodactyl gets rid of disruptions and really helps out. I beat it with a couple of moves to spare after using a Mega Start. If you continue to have difficulty, you might wanna purchase the boost.

I beat him itemless, but went all out with items to get the S Rank, if that's what you're wondering.

The big issue with Heracross is that he has a ridiculous amount of health. Try to keep rocks intact for Aerodactyl to eat both for damage, and because removing more at once helps combos.

Arceus is not so "strong", but there is a lot of Strong normal Pokemon, so it could work.
And I want to catch every Pokemon ! :D

Heracross was not so hard (but didnt S rank him yet).

Pent

dumb broad
Okay, so I finally got pass him with a Mega Start, a very close match though.

Thanks for your help guys!

I should note that I'd seen it beaten in that few moves, not that it happened consistently.

The two most important items are Disruption Delay and Attack Power +, since doubling your damage cuts the number of turns needed in half.

Mega Lucario is better at clearing disruptions than comboing. If you want to pull it off, I recommend Gengar-M, Lucario, Conk, Mienshao. Without the Disruptions, gengar is more likely to open up combos, which makes him a strong Mega choice in spite of being NVE.
I just used the exact same thing you recommended and I freaking nailed it. I S-ranked it with 19 moves left and caught it with 31%. My Pokemon weren't even max. level. In fact, Gengar and Lucario were 9, Mienshao was 6, and Conk was 1. Thanks for the help :)

I just used the exact same thing you recommended and I freaking nailed it. I S-ranked it with 19 moves left and caught it with 31%. My Pokemon weren't even max. level. In fact, Gengar and Lucario were 9, Mienshao was 6, and Conk was 1. Thanks for the help :)
No problem. The big thing is just how OP Gengar's ability is, that he still works even in Normal Type stages to great effect.

Every 3-stages Pokemon should be done with Mega Gar and others stages are really easy with Mega Gar ! Except if there is too many disruptions (and even ...).

Caught finally Greninja, using Mega Start + Disruption Delay + 2 Great Balls ... Now I go back to farming Meowth stage + power my new Greninja and some Ground / Rock / Water pokemon (I already have high levels of them, but it's never enough :D) for the next Blaziken = I CAN'T MISS THE FIRST FIRE MEGA

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cool new things. Some wobbuffet level where you can try out items without penalty and a Cresselia escalation battle.

Level 5: moves +5
Level 10: disruption
Level 30: mega start
Level 50: mega speedup

That'll be useful given I'm trying to save money to get arceus and Blaziken so extra items are cool.

I have 92K gold, so I'm ready for Blazikenite ! But first I tried Cresselia, a good way to level up dark/bug/ghost pokemon. Mega Gar/Genesect are already MAX level, but I'm levelling with the others too. Nothing special in the first 5 stages

Wobbuffet has 1% base chance with 1% bonus chance per remaining move. If you were somehow to kill Wobbuffet in one turn your max capture chance is 10%, but expect instead to do it with 5 or 6 moves remaining on average for 6-7%. The stage's items cost you nothing no matter how many times you use them, so don't be shy. The Great Balls at the end, however, do still cost coins, but if Wobbuffet escapes or you don't like the amount of Great Balls you threw, feel free to reset the game before it saves so you can keep your coins for the next stage attempt. Also, the first reward for clearing the stage is literally 1 coin.

Caught him on my 2nd attempt with 14% Great Ball. Was lucky. Thought it'd take several more attempts or a Super Capture Bonus. Now to focus on Cresselia.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gonna leave the blaziken competition for the weekend, wanna level up cresselia as fast as possible, also god wobbuffet is so annoying to catch and I always forget I can reset failed great balls >.<

Wobbuffet is a bitch yeah ! But I finally managed to capture him with Super Capture + Great ball. Now Cresselia until level 50, then Blaziken

But the standard people I see in the top 5 (Toshin, avengah) don't use Mega Aero. In fact, they use stuff like Mega Gengar, Arceus, Lickilicky and even Blissey. Why is this? o.o
For easier time sustaining combos. Blastoise takes out entire chunks of the board which can disrupt your manual combo rhythm, and M-Aero stays on the board forever, making you wait for its effect to finish before proper skyfall gives you more icons to match. Gengar, however, removes itself from the board and leaves you with the remaining mons on your team who practically combo into themselves at that point.

For easier time sustaining combos. Blastoise takes out entire chunks of the board which can disrupt your manual combo rhythm, and M-Aero stays on the board forever, making you wait for its effect to finish before proper skyfall gives you more icons to match. Gengar, however, removes itself from the board and leaves you with the remaining mons on your team who practically combo into themselves at that point.
Ah I see. I might try it out myself too. Thanks for explaining :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)